11-28-2022, 10:03 PM
By Auburn fans on Twitter.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2022, 10:14 PM
Cohen=figure head/scapegoat

PikeDawg15
11-28-2022, 10:14 PM
This was not Cohen's decision

The man basically got kicked out of State and went to Auburn to get a pay raise and not have to worry about making tougher decisions than whether to bring Mr. Yellawood Glazed or Chocolate donuts

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 10:29 PM
This was not Cohen's decision

The man basically got kicked out of State and went to Auburn to get a pay raise and not have to worry about making tougher decisions than whether to bring Mr. Yellawood Glazed or Chocolate donuts

Yep. He should have never entertained the Auburn offer. That gave Keenum his out.

CaptainObvious
11-28-2022, 10:47 PM
We need a little Tammy Wynette right now. Somebody queue up <Stand By Your Man>

MagicDawg
11-28-2022, 10:52 PM
BREAKING: John Cohen resigns under pressure; Auburn names Prince Andrew as new AD.

Goldendawg
11-29-2022, 12:06 AM
Very glad that he is gone.

NCDawg
11-29-2022, 12:12 AM
Very glad that he is gone.

Makes two of us.

drummerdawg
11-29-2022, 12:23 AM
Can't wait to hear Cohen talk about their extensive search for the right candidate and how Freeze checked all the boxes.

Pancho
11-29-2022, 06:51 AM
Can't wait to hear Cohen talk about their extensive search for the right candidate and how Freeze checked all the boxes.

Kiffin played them like a fiddle, Lanning told them to go jump and then High was left in waiting

ZedFedder
11-29-2022, 07:12 AM
If Hugh goes 9-3 next year, they won’t be too upset.

RocketDawg
11-29-2022, 03:03 PM

They've (Auburn) already said that Freeze was their first choice all along. But what else would they say?

DownwardDawg
11-29-2022, 03:15 PM
They've (Auburn) already said that Freeze was their first choice all along. But what else would they say?

I'll always believe he was. I said all season they were hiring him. The Kiffin talk was Sexton fleecing ole miss for money.

RocketDawg
11-29-2022, 03:27 PM
I'll always believe he was. I said all season they were hiring him. The Kiffin talk was Sexton fleecing ole miss for money.

If that's all it was, then Kiffin played along and Sexton earned his money.

Liverpooldawg
11-29-2022, 03:32 PM
There was a lot of talk about Freeze early on at AU.

Pancho
11-29-2022, 05:48 PM
he's gone by year 4 if he doesn't have a 10 win season. I doubt he makes it with the toxic fan base.

Coursesuper
11-29-2022, 05:53 PM
he's gone by year 4 if he doesn't have a 10 win season. I doubt he makes it with the toxic fan base.

I don?t think wins and losses will be why he?s let go there. The guy is just a shitty human, he will pull some BS and get himself run out of there.

Pancho
11-29-2022, 05:55 PM
the woe is me crap won't last long. I've known him since 1999 and he was a greasy turd back then.

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2022, 06:11 PM
Would Cohen be a scape goat? Didn't this same scenario play out with our baseball hire?

Leading candidates name gets leaked. Leading candidate withdraws.

Pancho
11-29-2022, 06:19 PM
Cohen had as much input as I did on who the potential candidates in this case were. He was told that before he took the AD job there.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2022, 06:46 PM
Cohen had as much input as I did on who the potential candidates in this case were. He was told that before he took the AD job there.

Bingo

Maroonthirteen
11-29-2022, 06:47 PM
Regardless of who made the candidate list and final decision .....Cohen was AD for both and would know the names. Even if he is sitting in corner silent.

The names were leaked and resulted in moving on to other candidates.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-29-2022, 06:56 PM

I wonder how those names were leaked?**

The Federalist Engineer
11-29-2022, 08:09 PM
Auburn has had 7 coaches since Saban became the Alabama coach.

Mullen was the longest surviving SEC coach while the MSU coach, then he took that promotion.

The current super survivor is Kentucky Stoops with 9 years.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2022, 08:13 PM
Regardless of who made the candidate list and final decision .....Cohen was AD for both and would know the names. Even if he is sitting in corner silent.

Auburn never moved from their 1st candidate.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2022, 08:25 PM
At least Auburn fans understand now why we did not cry when he left.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-29-2022, 08:27 PM
At least Auburn fans understand now why we did not cry when he left.
He got a better coach for $3Mil a year less than he could have got Kiffin for.

Coach34
11-29-2022, 08:38 PM
Auburn never moved from their 1st candidate.

Kiffin was their #1. Freezus was always their Plan B because they knew he would take it no matter what

EdwardDrayton
11-29-2022, 09:56 PM
Kiffin was their #1. Freezus was always their Plan B because they knew he would take it no matter what

Yep

TheLostDawg
11-29-2022, 09:57 PM
Auburn has had 7 coaches since Saban became the Alabama coach.

Mullen was the longest surviving SEC coach while the MSU coach, then he took that promotion.

The current super survivor is Kentucky Stoops with 9 years.

Stoops has been able to avoid Alabama for the most part. He's irrelevant

calidawg
11-29-2022, 10:43 PM
Here I was and thought they were bringing in Cohen to avoid hiring freeze and lo and behold they brought him in just to be a shield. Ho hum. Have fun on the plains John

yjnkdawg
11-29-2022, 11:01 PM

THIS - Kiifin's value had decreased since OM had been in the top 10 in the polls to not being ranked. Kiffin and Sexton wanted a pie in the sky contract. Auburn didn't agree. Some thought they could negotiate and maybe meet in the middle. They couldn't so Auburn went to 1B. Freeze . End of story.

yjnkdawg
11-29-2022, 11:07 PM
He got a better coach for $3Mil a year less than he could have got Kiffin for.

That remains to be seen, but closer to $6 million if you use the amount Kiffin and Freeze were asking for plus a 4 additional years on the contract or a total of 10.

TALL DAWG
11-30-2022, 08:52 AM
Someone post some Twitter screen shots of IB getting destroyed please.

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2022, 09:59 AM
And Cohen wasn't allowed to take questions about the hire from the media.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2022, 10:18 AM
THIS - Kiifin's value had decreased since OM had been in the top 10 in the polls to not being ranked. Kiffin and Sexton wanted a pie in the sky contract. Auburn didn't agree. Some thought they could negotiate and maybe meet in the middle. They couldn't so Auburn went to 1B. Freeze . End of story.

Sexton has a lot of y'all fooled just like he fools with AD's. Jimmy Sexton got exactly what he wanted out of this deal and so did auburn.

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2022, 10:22 AM
Someone post some Twitter screen shots of IB getting destroyed please.

Way too many to screenshot. Just type @johncohenAD in the search box on twitter and you'll see.

viverlibre
11-30-2022, 10:42 AM
Freezus may have been their number one choice the whole time. Listening to B'ham radio, it was reported that 6 months ago Freezus bought a house nearby at Lake Martin. His daughter goes to school at Auburn.

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2022, 11:19 AM
"Auburn thinks, given his past, if this goes bad we can probably fire him for cause"

https://youtu.be/t1nIg8D8sOk

DownwardDawg
11-30-2022, 11:20 AM
Freezus may have been their number one choice the whole time. Listening to B'ham radio, it was reported that 6 months ago Freezus bought a house nearby at Lake Martin. His daughter goes to school at Auburn.

He was. Kiffin smoke was for Kiffin and Sexton to get paid. That's all. You don't fire your AD months ahead of time to try and hire Kiffin. You fire your AD to get him out of the way to hire Freeze. Then you tell the new AD we already have our coach. Sit down and shut up.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2022, 11:27 AM
"Auburn thinks, given his past, if this goes bad we can probably fire him for cause"

https://youtu.be/t1nIg8D8sOk

That was great, but another example where media just will not mention the possibility that the hookers were for recruits. It's NEVER brought up.

viverlibre
11-30-2022, 11:38 AM
That was great, but another example where media just will not mention the possibility that the hookers were for recruits. It's NEVER brought up.

Without some type of proof, which there has been none established yet, you just can't make that accusation. That is accusing him of a possible felony.

The last point in the Bruce Feldman interview about firing him with cause was interesting.

Pancho
11-30-2022, 11:51 AM
Who arranged the girls at the Gin the night chris jones partied with treadwell and kimdeechee? those girls weren't ole miss coeds..........

NCDawg
11-30-2022, 12:29 PM

That's not what Cohen said. He said Freeze was always their number 1 target. You don't think Cohen would lie, do you?

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 12:31 PM
That's not what Cohen said. He said Freeze was always their number 1 target. You don't think Cohen would lie, do you?

He better if he wants to stay at AU longer than a minute

Matt3467
11-30-2022, 12:40 PM
Who arranged the girls at the Gin the night chris jones partied with treadwell and kimdeechee? those girls weren't ole miss coeds..........

IDK where the women came from whether it was OM or elsewhere but I heard concerning Jones that they (at OM on a visit) were bringing "white women to my hotel room."

TheLostDawg
11-30-2022, 02:33 PM
IDK where the women came from whether it was OM or elsewhere but I heard concerning Jones that they (at OM on a visit) were bringing "white women to my hotel room."

Always heard it was a girl from Memphis

However freeze would regularly text coeds who was on campus that weekend so they could 'show them a good time'.

viverlibre
11-30-2022, 02:50 PM

There was also a rumor that some of these women were the wives of some the younger, influential alums who were into the swinger/cuck lifestyle,

State82
11-30-2022, 03:15 PM
There was also a rumor that some of these women were the wives of some the younger, influential alums who were into the swinger/cuck lifestyle,

Now that is a hell of a rumor right there. Wow.

confucius say
11-30-2022, 03:23 PM
He was. Kiffin smoke was for Kiffin and Sexton to get paid. That's all. You don't fire your AD months ahead of time to try and hire Kiffin. You fire your AD to get him out of the way to hire Freeze. Then you tell the new AD we already have our coach. Sit down and shut up.

I don't know the truth, but what gives this credence is that 2 of the 3 biggest boosters wanted freeze last time and the AD did his own thing and went with Harsin against wishes. Those same 2 wanted freeze again and spearheaded getting rid of the AD.

And I'll say this, Freeze nor Kiffin are Cohen-type hires. Y'all know he thinks he is the smartest person in the room, over analyzes everything, and never makes the obvious move. The More I think about it, the more I think this wasn't Cohen's decision.

viverlibre
11-30-2022, 04:09 PM
I don't know the truth, but what gives this credence is that 2 of the 3 biggest boosters wanted freeze last time and the AD did his own thing and went with Harsin against wishes. Those same 2 wanted freeze again and spearheaded getting rid of the AD.

And I'll say this, Freeze nor Kiffin are Cohen-type hires. Y'all know he thinks he is the smartest person in the room, over analyzes everything, and never makes the obvious move. The More I think about it, the more I think this wasn't Cohen's decision.

Uh, I think that's been obvious to most since the beginning.

Pancho
11-30-2022, 04:43 PM
like the one who was very friendly with kessinger and the other oxford high kid a few years back.........oh my

DownwardDawg
11-30-2022, 04:48 PM
Without some type of proof, which there has been none established yet, you just can't make that accusation. That is accusing him of a possible felony.

The last point in the Bruce Feldman interview about firing him with cause was interesting.

Good point.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2022, 07:41 PM

Well brotha sometimes if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its a duck

Coach34
11-30-2022, 08:40 PM

Yes. Cohen has lied and will continue to lie for the money he makes