PDA

View Full Version : MSU AD Search

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 09:09 PM
Any updates on what our search is looking like? Rumors?

ZedFedder
11-28-2022, 09:28 PM
Greg Byrne is coming home****

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Greg Byrne is coming home****

Lol. Would be epic.

Cowbell
11-28-2022, 09:34 PM
Bert says Hobart so what else is there to know***

CadaverDawg
11-28-2022, 10:01 PM
Lemonis. And hiring a new baseball coach.

A tradition is born

PikeDawg15
11-28-2022, 10:12 PM
Honestly at this point I am fully expecting us to promote Hobart.

Ive been told we have been turned down multiple times.

AROB44
11-29-2022, 04:10 AM

That's not what I have heard......quite a bit of interest in the position.

DownwardDawg
11-29-2022, 07:59 AM

This seems to be much more likely. The MSU AD job seems like it would be a pretty damn good job. Most people felt that Cohen sucked and if he didn't shop himself and hit up Keenum for a raise, he could have stayed for years.

LC Dawg
11-29-2022, 08:05 AM
Bert says Hobart so what else is there to know***

Hobie?***

Goldendawg
11-29-2022, 01:02 PM
AU had a 58 point list for their new coach. Hope we have learned our lesson and have more than this limited list in our AD search:

1. Did you play a sport at State?
2. Did you coach a sport at State?
3. Are you working at this time in the State Athletic Department?
4. Have you sat in at a few meetings regarding coaching hires?
5. Are you the smartest guy in the room?

CaptainObvious
11-29-2022, 01:13 PM
AU had a 58 point list for their new coach. Hope we have learned our lesson and have more than this limited list in our AD search:

1. Did you play a sport at State?
2. Did you coach a sport at State?
3. Are you working at this time in the State Athletic Department?
4. Have you sat in at a few meetings regarding coaching hires?
5. Are you the smartest guy in the room?

Striklin was a State Guy and he didn?t meet any of those at the time he was brought back in as placeholder until Cohen was molded into the clone of Larry Templeton. Greg Byrne was more like Foglesong. Come in and clean up the mess until a State guy was ready to take control like Keenum.

Inbreeding has become an art form here. But take heart. Most of the BIG Donors are in their twilight years and their bratty grandkids probably will quit donating to the People?s University once they are gone, except for those who leave an Endowment.

SailingDawg
11-29-2022, 01:19 PM
Inbreeding has become an art form here. But take heart. Most of the BIG Donors are in their twilight years and their bratty grandkids probably will quit donating to the People?s University once they are gone, except for those who leave an Endowment.

I?ve thought this as well. Engineering grads from 20th century are aging out.

Extendedcab
11-29-2022, 01:51 PM
Hmm, I resemble that remark!!

AROB44
11-29-2022, 03:34 PM
But take heart. Most of the BIG Donors are in their twilight years and their bratty grandkids probably will quit donating to the People?s University once they are gone, except for those who leave an Endowment.

That doesn't bode well for the future. Who is going to replace those $$$$$? Remember, those BIG donors are the ones that pay the largest portion of coaches salaries.

Cooterpoot
11-29-2022, 04:07 PM

SMH.....Only a couple guys on our list would tell no, and they'd almost be expected. Alford, Currie, and one other I'd expect to say no. After that, it's whoever we want.

MaroonFlounder
11-30-2022, 10:35 AM

Yep. I've heard that Currie is the only one that flat turned us down.
But he's at his alma mater, so it was a tough pull.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2022, 11:16 AM
It needs to be someone that has experience and has never worked at MSU. It would be better if they had no ties to MSU.

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 11:25 AM
Our last 3 AD's are at Alabama, Florida and Auburn, yet some think we are having a hard time finding candidates? We've had interest. Currie was a target but understandable it was a tough pull.

Really Clark?
11-30-2022, 12:29 PM
Wren Baker is taking the Weat VA job. That was a piece that kind of needed to fall.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2022, 12:53 PM
It needs to be someone that has experience and has never worked at MSU. It would be better if they had no ties to MSU.

Then you would have eliminated Greg Byrne from being our AD. Having ties or having worked at MSU is OK. Having worked at ONLY MSU is not what we need.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2022, 01:54 PM
Then you would have eliminated Greg Byrne from being our AD. Having ties or having worked at MSU is OK. Having worked at ONLY MSU is not what we need.

This ain't the time we hired Greg Byrne.