PDA

View Full Version : RPI

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-21-2013, 12:02 AM
we are 8th and could move up to 6th tomorrow. Should have swept this weekend but we are in a good position for a national seed. All up to us.

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:07 AM
Vandy lost to tenn tech and Georgia before winning second game today. Hopefully they peaked too early and starting to falter some

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-21-2013, 12:10 AM
vandy is a lock to be a national seed. I have a personal vendetta against them. I will be there bringing the pain in the left field. You will never go to a stadium that couldnt care less about having a top 5 program. 2k fans and nobody knows what is going on.

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Seems like Corbin would jump ship. Having no fan support has to be disconcerting

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-21-2013, 12:24 AM
it isnt necessarily that....there is no room. Great park. Nice. Doesnt hold squat.

That said, who wouldnt want to play for vandy. You have a ride to vandy or msu....what would you take? Vandy, if they get their shit together, can be a force. They already are in baseball and basketball. Football aint far behind. Plus, they have the money to laugh at msu/ole miss. hell, anyone not named A&M

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-21-2013, 12:26 AM
fyi, we win 3 of 4 next week and we are at worst 4 rpi and lock to host national seed.

CadaverDawg
04-21-2013, 12:27 AM
it isnt necessarily that....there is no room. Great park. Nice. Doesnt hold squat.

That said, who wouldnt want to play for vandy. You have a ride to vandy or msu....what would you take? Vandy, if they get their shit together, can be a force. They already are in baseball and basketball. Football aint far behind. Plus, they have the money to laugh at msu/ole miss. hell, anyone not named A&M

Does anybody truly get a "ride" with a baseball scholly though?

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:28 AM
fyi, we win 3 of 4 next week and we are at worst 4 rpi and lock to host national seed.

Assuming we don't blow it against ole miss and bama.

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Does anybody truly get a "ride" with a baseball scholly though?

I would figure a baseball player at vandy racks up a lot of student loan debt if parents don't supplement. Now football and basketball are different story. I'd definitely take vandy degree into consideration when choosing

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:33 AM
I would figure a baseball player at vandy racks up a lot of student loan debt if parents don't supplement. Now football and basketball are different story. I'd definitely take vandy degree into consideration when choosing

Tuition at vandy is $41,000 a year. Wow...

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-21-2013, 12:36 AM
In this day and age, I take it back. Not worth it. Hell, it is barely worth it to send them to a below average college. Hell, it prob isnt even then. Give them the 100k to put in a mutual fund that gains compound interest for 35 years and unless they become a doctor, they wont beat it.

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:37 AM
In this day and age, I take it back. Not worth it. Hell, it is barely worth it to send them to a below average college. Hell, it prob isnt even then. Give them the 100k to put in a mutual fund that gains compound interest for 35 years and unless they become a doctor, they wont beat it.

Sad but true...

engie
04-21-2013, 12:40 AM

Being a private institution, Vandy frees up a TON of money for baseball players on top of the 11.7. More like 30 total scholarships on that team...

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:44 AM
Tuition at vandy is $41,000 a year. Wow...

Vandy is incredibly expensive. To put it in preservative Columbia university is the most expensive at $47,000 a year. Vandy is $41,000. Harvard is $37,000. Basketball and football scholarships are very valuable there snd you get to play in the sec

msstate7
04-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Being a private institution, Vandy frees up a TON of money for baseball players on top of the 11.7. More like 30 total scholarships on that team...

Didnt realize that. No wonder they have great teams.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-21-2013, 12:53 AM
full ride to vandy or starkville, you'd have to be a moron to send your kid to starkville. just the way it is.

That said, we can be the best program in the sec in baseball.