PDA

View Full Version : Basketball vs Omaha

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 07:32 PM
Pretty sparse crowd considering how this team has been playing.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 07:35 PM
Bad crowd, bad start offensively once again

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 07:43 PM
Bad crowd, bad start offensively once again

Well, we made two free throws. That's an improvement. Shooting about 10% from the floor though.

The team doesn't seem all that enthused so far. Maybe that'll pick up.

PMDawg
11-28-2022, 07:46 PM
Why do we shoot the most 3s of any team in the universe when we shoot them so poorly?

parabrave
11-28-2022, 07:48 PM
Quit shooting 3s. That means you DJ.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 07:49 PM
Do we not have a half court offense?

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 07:50 PM
I know Jans and the team are probably disappointed with the crowd but this has been common for years with early season games.
If it doesn't get much better for conference play it will be very disappointing.
I've made many 6 hour round trips to Starkville for midweek conference games. It's a lot harder for me to do now. I wish I lived closer but I'll definitely be up on weekends.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 07:51 PM
I know DeShawn Davis and Horton are out today but we should be blowing this team away. As good as we are defensively, we are just as bad if not worse offensively.. guys we have 11 points near the 10 minute mark

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 08:00 PM
I like Jans but don't like this slow it down offense so far. We play defense really hard and it can wear down our guys. We need multiple players to play this style and keep everyone fresh.

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 08:08 PM
I would always take the drive away from Moore and give him the 3 shot until he proves it's a bad decision. He is really struggling.

99jc
11-28-2022, 08:10 PM
guys there is no way to sugar coat this. this team sucks at shooting and sucks bad. when we start playing teams that can score, we will be in serious trouble. we have to sign some pure shooters. if we had a Timmy bowers type or even a winsome Frazer we would be really good. it will be frustrating to watch.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 08:11 PM
I would always take the drive away from Moore and give him the 3 shot until he proves it's a bad decision. He is really struggling.

Yes he is Moore is a get out and run type of player, he doesn't play well in a slow offensive style

99jc
11-28-2022, 08:11 PM
jans chewing arse and i love it

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Offense has picked up a good bit since last games. 10 point lead at the half, and I think the 3-point percentage is better than it has been. They're showing a little fire now.

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 08:18 PM
I missed the beginning of the game. Why is Davis out?

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 08:19 PM
At least we ended the half with a little run. We have alot to work on to be the team we can be, we are missing that perimeter scorer like Molinar, Q. Weatherspoon, Peters, Bost, Carter, the list goes on

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 08:20 PM
I missed the beginning of the game. Why is Davis out?

Probably rest for that ankle injury. Not sure why Horton is out

KOdawg1
11-28-2022, 08:21 PM
Slept walked through the first 10 minutes, but we finally woke up and put together a solid finish.

Dj is having a really good game. Murphy looks like he could be a star if he pieces it all together. Not many 6'10" guys that can move like that.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 08:22 PM
Jeffries has the skill set to be an animal offensively but he holds back a little bit for some reason.

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 08:30 PM
Jeffries has the skill set to be an animal offensively but he holds back a little bit for some reason.

Richard Williams refers to DJ as the most talented player on the court. I've wondered if he was a selfish player but he's doing the little things that make the team better this year. I think he's the key to a big season.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:35 PM
Free throw shooting has improved dramatically. And 3-pointers not bad.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:37 PM
Omaha is going to be the highest scoring opponent we've had so far this year.

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 08:47 PM
McNair with the 3. Maybe he's the shooter we're looking for.***

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:50 PM
Omaha is going to be the highest scoring opponent we've had so far this year.

I could be wrong. They're barely scoring at all in the second half.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 08:50 PM
I understand teams play to their competition level sometimes but I was hoping to see a blowout tonight. We are pulling away some now but I see alot of concerns going forward.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 08:54 PM
Maybe Keyshawn Murphy needs more playing time.. he's looking good on both ends

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 09:00 PM
I understand teams play to their competition level sometimes but I was hoping to see a blowout tonight. We are pulling away some now but I see alot of concerns going forward.

This is beginning to qualify as a blowout. Were ahead by 10 at the half, up 24 now.

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 09:08 PM

I think the small crowd at home plays a part in this. It's almost natural to not have a lot of energy when the crowd is not into it. Then talent takes over.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 09:12 PM
I think the small crowd at home plays a part in this. It's almost natural to not have a lot of energy when the crowd is not into it. Then talent takes over.
I agree but our fan base needs to help create that college basketball experience, they deserve better than this. The student section doesn't look bad but it's a horrible place. Why have them behind the goal?

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 09:25 PM
I agree but our fan base needs to help create that college basketball experience, they deserve better than this. The student section doesn't look bad but it's a horrible place. Why have them behind the goal?

We are in a unique position because we sell our high dollar seats but since we are located in a rural area a lot of fans don't go to a lot of games. Because of this unique situation I think our athletic department is not only responsible for selling the tickets but also for putting butts in the seats.
There are plenty of families, high school basketball teams, honor students, first responders, etc within driving distance of Starkville that would appreciate tickets to games. I think our athletic department should be responsible for getting these people tickets that will not be used.

NCMSTFAN
11-28-2022, 10:02 PM
The majority of this board right now is currently talking about Cohen, Freeze and/or Kiffin. None of which are affiliated with our program. Only a few talk about OUR men's basketball team who had a game tonight. It shows in the stands on t.v. also

PGHBulldogBG
11-29-2022, 08:31 AM
The majority of this board right now is currently talking about Cohen, Freeze and/or Kiffin. None of which are affiliated with our program. Only a few talk about OUR men's basketball team who had a game tonight. It shows in the stands on t.v. also

This is one of the best posts I’ve ever read on here. Our fans worry way too much about what other schools do. We are 7-0 and a fringe top 25 team for the first time since 2018/2019 season and really could surprise a lot of people. Auburn hired Freeze. Kiffin is back at Ole Miss and we need to focus on talking about State sports now, our bowl game etc. We really need to pack the hump and help out this team. They deserve our support.

trob115
11-29-2022, 09:11 AM
I think we are going to be a hard team to beat come March. One guy that has really surprised me is Tyler Stevenson. He's put up pretty good numbers off the bench.

The (3) freshmen are going to be key down the stretch too. Murphy is finally healthy and I think we will continue to see his minutes grow. I mentioned back in September that I thought he would be a starter, and I still think he has the chance to start by the end of the season. He's one of the better offensive scorers we have.

DJ has improved dramatically from last season and you can tell his confidence is growing each game. If the light ever actually fully comes on, he could carry us a long way. Shak has been a great slasher and distributor for us off the bench. He's working on his 3pt shot a lot, but it's 100% mental with him right now. If he can knock down 3's consistently (~35% clip) that would keep teams from zoning us.

Last night we did what good teams are supposed to do and beat an inferior team by 20 and without our top 2 point guards.

Pack the Hump folks. Quit making excuses. This team deserves a raucous crowd at home and we are going to knock off a couple big teams this year. Hopefully everyone will be over the flu by our next game and we get primed up for Minnesota.

Homedawg
11-29-2022, 09:18 AM
I like Jans but don't like this slow it down offense so far. We play defense really hard and it can wear down our guys. We need multiple players to play this style and keep everyone fresh.
You want us to speed up so we can miss shots faster?? This team can't shoot.

tcdog70
11-29-2022, 11:16 AM
You can thank MSU for ruining the Hump--reseating killed the Hump.. MSU took tickets from area Basketball Fans and gave them to Corp and big donors who don't show. There were about 3-4 thousand loyal fans that had seats since the HUMP opened and our administration took them . then they moved the students --now the HUMP is a tomb.

NCMSTFAN
11-29-2022, 12:54 PM
This is one of the best posts I’ve ever read on here. Our fans worry way too much about what other schools do. We are 7-0 and a fringe top 25 team for the first time since 2018/2019 season and really could surprise a lot of people. Auburn hired Freeze. Kiffin is back at Ole Miss and we need to focus on talking about State sports now, our bowl game etc. We really need to pack the hump and help out this team. They deserve our support.

Thank you!

We are 7-0 with a couple quality wins against power 5 teams, our stadium should be rocking every game, no more excuses. I will say when the camera showed the student section behind the goals, there were quite a good amount of students in attendance, we need to restructure our seating arrangements so they are the focal point, but there were still alot of available seats

NCMSTFAN
11-29-2022, 12:55 PM
You can thank MSU for ruining the Hump--reseating killed the Hump.. MSU took tickets from area Basketball Fans and gave them to Corp and big donors who don't show. There were about 3-4 thousand loyal fans that had seats since the HUMP opened and our administration took them . then they moved the students --now the HUMP is a tomb.

Yeah, its a terrible set up

NCMSTFAN
11-29-2022, 01:01 PM
You want us to speed up so we can miss shots faster?? This team can't shoot.

No not at all, but if we are going to be a slow paced offensive team, we have to be able to score in the half court. Not sure if you've watched us play this year but we go on 4 minute droughts without scoring, as good as our defense is, that will get you beat against UT, Bama, Auburn, UK, Arkansas.... pretty much every SEC team. Im not saying we should play fast, but we have really good athletes.... I'd like to see us get out on the break a little more and try to get some easy buckets.

Goldendawg
11-29-2022, 01:39 PM
Son was looking at the sheet that is given out at the games last night regarding rosters of each team. He pointed out that we are showing that we are averaging over 6K per game. Funny how last night's butts in the seats looked like the "crowd" at the ETSU football game. This team needs and deserves our in person support. Hail State!

msstate7
11-29-2022, 09:20 PM
Marquette up 20 on Baylor

EdwardDrayton
11-29-2022, 09:28 PM
Marquette up 20 on Baylor

And somehow we weren't worthy of being ranked. Same folks must have voted on the Thorpe finalists.

EdwardDrayton
11-29-2022, 10:31 PM
Marquette dang near hangs a C note on #6 Baylor; wins by 26, 96-70