PDA

View Full Version : Freezus to the Plains

Leeshouldveflanked
11-28-2022, 03:56 PM
So much for the 58 pt check list

Msujd164
11-28-2022, 03:57 PM
Yep. Dellenger just reported Auburn finalizing deal.

Desoto1967
11-28-2022, 03:58 PM
Whoremongers got to work too

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 03:58 PM
Sort of surprising after the discussions of the past couple of days.

Schultzy
11-28-2022, 04:03 PM
Somebody with skills please insert the Olan Mils cardigan pic with Cohen/Freeze

msstate7
11-28-2022, 04:18 PM
Has freeze been after any Mississippi kids this cycle? He might hit us or OM for guy if so

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 04:18 PM
I'm shocked!!!! *************

Lol

Tbonewannabe
11-28-2022, 04:20 PM
If I am Auburn, I have an air tight morality clause in his contract.

MagicDawg
11-28-2022, 04:27 PM
- We will beat LSU
- We will demolish Kentucky
- Lane is gone to Auburn
- There is absolutely no way they'll hire Freeze

I guess I don't understand the ego required to post guarantees on stuff like this.

ScoobaDawg
11-28-2022, 04:29 PM
Can't wait to hear Cohen introduce him at the press conference...

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 04:37 PM
Can't wait to hear Cohen introduce him at the press conference...

To be a fly on the wall for a dinner with Cohen with his wife and Freeze with his wife.

mparkerfd20
11-28-2022, 04:38 PM
I honestly am shocked. I didn't think he'd be back in the SEC. They'll be a Top 5 program within 3 years. Probably the absolute best hire they could possibly make. Scum of the earth, shitty person, but probably one of the best coaches when he can cheat and lord knows Auburn can cheat with the best of them.

Bothrops
11-28-2022, 04:40 PM
The football business is about to cost our program more money than we ever imagined.

662dawg
11-28-2022, 04:40 PM
I honestly am shocked. I didn't think he'd be back in the SEC. They'll be a Top 5 program within 3 years. Probably the absolute best hire they could possibly make. Scum of the earth, shitty person, but probably one of the best coaches when he can cheat and lord knows Auburn can cheat with the best of them.

No they won't lol.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 04:42 PM
Now I have to see this sanctimonious cvnt all the time. I hate you AU.

drummerdawg
11-28-2022, 04:42 PM
Guess I'm one of the few that doesn't think this is going to work out well for them.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 04:43 PM

I don't think so. REC is going to look under every stone from here to Jerusalem.

PikeDawg15
11-28-2022, 04:44 PM
He gonna get ratted out by either ole miss or Alabama for banging co Eds and hiring hookers to have sex with 16 year old boys

Coursesuper
11-28-2022, 04:47 PM
He gonna get ratted out by either ole miss or Alabama for banging co Eds and hiring hookers to have sex with 16 year old boys

This^^^^^^

HancockCountyDog
11-28-2022, 04:48 PM
Well Steve can add one more thing to his list.

He said countless times that his good friend John Cohen would never hire Hugh Freeze.

TrapGame
11-28-2022, 04:49 PM
He's back, baby! Hide your daughters! ***

ETA: The OM/AU game next season will be fun to watch. Freeze wants him some payback.

yjnkdawg
11-28-2022, 04:51 PM
Going to be interesting to see how the fan base reacts to Freeze being hired. I had posted in another thread, if Freeze is hired then we will know Auburn doesn't care about a split fan base. This could really turn into a circus, or maybe all will be well. But........I vote get the popcorn. Some said if he hadn't beaten Bama when he was at OM, he wouldn't have been on the list. If this doesn't work out Cohen will get the blame for it.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 04:59 PM
RIP Cohen's Twitter mentions. Woof.

EdwardDrayton
11-28-2022, 05:00 PM
Unfreakingbelievable. Guess when you're last in the West the character flaws of a new hire get glossed over as "well, we all have our sins don't we"

msu15
11-28-2022, 05:01 PM
Good hire for sure.

msu15
11-28-2022, 05:02 PM
- We will beat LSU
- We will demolish Kentucky
- Lane is gone to Auburn
- There is absolutely no way they'll hire Freeze

I guess I don't understand the ego required to post guarantees on stuff like this.

Don't disparage Bucky like that.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 05:07 PM

He may not last an entire season but there was never a doubt that Auburn was going to hire Hugh Freeze. Sexton played ole miss for a giant raise making them think auburn was after Kiffin. Sexton destroys AD's.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 05:13 PM
Now you will all hear how Lane turned them down. LMAO!!!!
Ole Miss got fleeced.
Not sure auburn didn't too. We'll see how this turns out. I'm still not sold on freeze's coaching.

Catfish
11-28-2022, 05:16 PM
Have contract details been revealed?

NCDawg
11-28-2022, 05:16 PM
Good hire for sure.

Yeah, very good hire. If Cohen would have hired Freeze instead of Moorhead, we might have won a few more games. I think a lot of State fans thought Cohen would never hire someone like Freeze,

Johnson85
11-28-2022, 05:19 PM
Guess I'm one of the few that doesn't think this is going to work out well for them.

On the field, it's going to work well for them, at least until their boosters decide to booster. Freeze is a good coach. But he still has his wtf losses. If Auburn boosters accept that, they're about to have a good run. That good run may end up being derailed by Freeze doing something so illegal that Auburn can't risk covering for him, but they'll have some good season until then. The question is if he goes 9-3 a couple of years losing to two good teams and a headscratcher along with winning a game they shouldn't, are the boosters going to try to undermine him? Cause I don't think he's going 11-1 consistently.

Catfish
11-28-2022, 05:19 PM
Will K-Y jelly sponsor some of their NIL players?

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Yeah, very good hire. If Cohen would have hired Freeze instead of Moorhead, we might have won a few more games. I think a lot of State fans thought Cohen would never hire someone like Freeze,

He didn't.......

yjnkdawg
11-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Now you will all hear how Lane turned them down. LMAO!!!!
Ole Miss got fleeced.
Not sure auburn didn't too. We'll see how this turns out. I'm still not sold on freeze's coaching.

Both schools may have gotten what they deserve, OM having to pay way above market value to keep Kiffin, and a split fan base on an Auburn Freeze hire. It's pretty certain that the SEC Office will be watching Auburn more closely now too.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 05:23 PM
Both schools may have gotten what they deserve, OM having to pay way above market value to keep Kiffin, and a split fan base on an Auburn Freeze hire. It's pretty certain that the SEC Office will be watching Auburn more closely now too.

Yep

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2022, 05:29 PM

And he still hasn't.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 05:30 PM
Judging from the fan reaction this may get Greg Schiano'd.

yjnkdawg
11-28-2022, 05:36 PM
Judging from the fan reaction this may get Greg Schiano'd.

Bingo!

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-28-2022, 05:44 PM
So much for the 58 pt check list

I am glad they were not able to get Kiffin or Rhule.

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 05:45 PM
6 years for $6.5 Mil per is the deal

ImissCityBagel
11-28-2022, 05:45 PM
Good fit, but they will be having more "ongoing investigations".

NCDawg
11-28-2022, 05:50 PM
And he still hasn't.

OK. To clarify-AD Cohen at State DID NOT hire Freeze. AD Cohen at Auburn DID hire Freeze. I realize it's pretty complicated.

yjnkdawg
11-28-2022, 05:52 PM

He hasn't...... I think the name YellaWood would be more accurate on the hiring process, but if this Freeze hire doesn't work out, Cohen will get the blame. It just comes with the territory.

Offshore Dawg
11-28-2022, 05:55 PM
The football business is about to cost our program more money than we ever imagined.

And what makes you think that State will pay more ?

Mjoelner34
11-28-2022, 05:57 PM

Supposedly Godfrey is going to write a big piece on him. At least that's what he said in a podcast.
https://pca.st/n786zmn0

parabrave
11-28-2022, 05:58 PM
Every Sex Assault Lawyer about to set up shop in Auburn.

EdwardDrayton
11-28-2022, 06:02 PM
This is not a good hire. But it is all they could do. They made it a two-man horse race thinking they'd get their prize stallion in Kiffin. When that bombed, there's no way they could save face if they did not hire Freeze.

Auburn is the best on the planet for 17n up the coaching hire process, the resultant hires and the contracts.

But in the end they lost out on the self-absorbed grown child with clown shoes and hired Pee Wee Herman. As someone said, they both got what they deserved.

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2022, 06:08 PM

Yep. And that AU split fan base is bad. I've got two Auburn cousins, one was a player under Bowden, and they are livid. People will be out for blood against Freeze and they know it. All it will do is continue to distract the program and they think they will be back hiring again in 2 years.

msstate7
11-28-2022, 06:17 PM
He's back, baby! Hide your daughters! ***

ETA: The OM/AU game next season will be fun to watch. Freeze wants him some payback.

He gonna want us too haha

msstate7
11-28-2022, 06:18 PM
This isn't optimal for us, but sec football just keeps getting more entertaining

yjnkdawg
11-28-2022, 06:27 PM
Yep. And that AU split fan base is bad. I've got two Auburn cousins, one was a player under Bowden, and they are livid. People will be out for blood against Freeze and they know it. All it will do is continue to distract the program and they think they will be back hiring again in 2 years.

What I had heard was that after all the fan base resentment that the athletic department had received through emails. etc. to a Freeze hire, and on social media too, they were probably going to back off on Freeze, and moving on to other candidates. I guess the "Big Booster" decided otherwise. I can't guarantee this to be 100% accurate but I think it's pretty close.

TUSK
11-28-2022, 06:32 PM
I don't think so. REC is going to look under every stone from here to Jerusalem.

Y'all listen to this "Leroy" cat....

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 06:33 PM
OK. To clarify-AD Cohen at State DID NOT hire Freeze. AD Cohen at Auburn DID hire Freeze. I realize it's pretty complicated.

No man. You are missing the whole point. It's not complicated. Auburn boosters were making this hire well before they hired John Cohen to stand up behind the podium and smile. Cohen is a puppet in all this. Auburn boosters wanted Freeze last time when their AD hired harsin. That's why the AD and Harsin were both fired.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 06:34 PM
al.com is reporting a 6 year, $6.5M contract for Freeze - 8th highest in the SEC.

Leach is probably going to want a raise.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 06:39 PM
Watching Finebaum, these cats will NEVER mention the idea that Freeze bought prostitutes for high school athletes. They never mention it once. They talk about how it's between Hugh and his wife.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 07:02 PM
Given Freeze's low pay relative to Kiffin (even before the raise), maybe Auburn couldn't afford Kiffin.

EdwardDrayton
11-28-2022, 07:03 PM
Watching Finebaum, these cats will NEVER mention the idea that Freeze bought prostitutes for high school athletes. They never mention it once. They talk about how it's between Hugh and his wife.

What exactly is between Freezus and his wife, the convo or the hooker. ****

EdwardDrayton
11-28-2022, 07:10 PM
Given Freeze's low pay relative to Kiffin (even before the raise), maybe Auburn couldn't afford Kiffin.

Maybe the guaranteed money wasn't there; surely Auburn learned with Malzahn and from watching A&M.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2022, 07:15 PM

Plenty of funds left over for NDA's. Smart.***

NCDawg
11-28-2022, 07:40 PM
No man. You are missing the whole point. It's not complicated. Auburn boosters were making this hire well before they hired John Cohen to stand up behind the podium and smile. Cohen is a puppet in all this. Auburn boosters wanted Freeze last time when their AD hired harsin. That's why the AD and Harsin were both fired.

OK. Nice to know you know the innerworkings of the Auburn athletic department. I thought the AD selects the Head Football Coach. I know the boosters have some input, but I didn't know Cohen was a puppet in the hiring. Was he also a puppet when our boosters hired Moorhead?

Pancho
11-28-2022, 07:45 PM
nope

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2022, 08:00 PM
Don't disparage Bucky like that.

Yeah that ole miss prediction was way off. Yall were slitting your wrist with one hand praising OM with the other all year long. Again not sure why you are so upset. Can you write my signature for me

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2022, 08:02 PM

Why would you get in a bidding war for Kiffin is the better question

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 08:05 PM
OK. Nice to know you know the innerworkings of the Auburn athletic department. I thought the AD selects the Head Football Coach. I know the boosters have some input, but I didn't know Cohen was a puppet in the hiring. Was he also a puppet when our boosters hired Moorhead?

I thought it was common knowledge that the Auburn boosters were making this hire. You would have had to not be paying attention to Auburn to not know that. Most posters on this board already knew that.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 08:07 PM
Why would you get in a bidding war for Kiffin is the better question

A lot of folks don't get that Sexton is both coaches agent and he played ole miss like a fiddle to get more money. Auburn gets their man and ole miss pays dearly to keep Kiffin. Sexton wins.

Todd4State
11-28-2022, 08:18 PM
Supposedly Godfrey is going to write a big piece on him. At least that's what he said in a podcast.
https://pca.st/n786zmn0

This is rich.

Todd4State
11-28-2022, 08:20 PM
Y'all listen to this "Leroy" cat....

Well the REC won't have to travel to Jerusalem. More like Memphis.

Todd4State
11-28-2022, 08:21 PM

LOL. Freeze's wife is part of his traveling evangelism circus.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:23 PM
A lot of folks don't get that Sexton is both coaches agent and he played ole miss like a fiddle to get more money. Auburn gets their man and ole miss pays dearly to keep Kiffin. Sexton wins.

Any idea how much Sexton makes out of coach hires and tenures? Maybe 10% for the length of the contract?

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 08:47 PM
Any idea how much Sexton makes out of coach hires and tenures? Maybe 10% for the length of the contract?

He takes his 15% up front, off the top.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 08:47 PM

I do not know. That would be interesting to find out.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:53 PM

That's pretty good money. Close to $1.5M off just Kiffen. Close to a million off Freeze.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:54 PM
Matthews is hot now.

mo7888
11-28-2022, 08:56 PM
15% of year 1 money or 15% of the contract? If it's year 1 money what does he get year 2 etc

TrapGame
11-28-2022, 09:01 PM
He gonna want us too haha

That's true. Both games are on the Plains. Gonna be interesting.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 09:07 PM
Funny Jimmy Sexton story: His first client was his college roommate Reggie White. Reggie was the highest paid player in the league at the time. So, possibly, if Reggie White hadn't been Sexton's roommate no one would know who Jimmy is.

HoopsDawg
11-28-2022, 09:20 PM
I can't believe AU hired Freeze. I can, but I can't

TALL DAWG
11-28-2022, 09:33 PM
Many yrs ago I read Sexton gets 3%+\- of the overall contracts, upfront.
Don?t know where LeRoy is getting 15%.

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 09:41 PM
Don?t know where LeRoy is getting 15%.

I made it up.

msstate7
11-28-2022, 09:44 PM
I can't believe AU hired Freeze. I can, but I can't

Alabama rehabs coaches. Now auburn does haha

SailingDawg
11-28-2022, 09:47 PM
LOL. Freeze's wife is part of his traveling evangelism circus.

Staying with the man for his multimillions.

Auburn students aren?t happy, either.

https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2022/11/28/23481893/do-not-hire-hugh-freeze

Thick
11-28-2022, 10:20 PM
I?m a little confused on why any of you guys think that hiring Freeze is bad for Auburn. The guy can coach, yes he did some unethical shit at OM. He can coach and he will recruit well with AU brand and their NIL.

Cohen didn?t make this hire, but if he did, it?s bc he knows that Freeze can be successful plus there?s been plenty of time for things to settle down. Shit, AU hired Pearl and he?s dirty as hell too. I would hire Freeze if Leach didn?t pan out. It?s a good hire, plus it will be interesting when AU plays OM & aTm (Bjork).

Hell, we?ve hired worse, bc we?re too cheap or scared to take a chance with someone who has baggage, thus Felker, Croom, & Moorehead, and as far as I?m concerned Leach.

bulldawg28
11-28-2022, 11:13 PM
I?m a little confused on why any of you guys think that hiring Freeze is bad for Auburn. The guy can coach, yes he did some unethical shit at OM. He can coach and he will recruit well with AU brand and their NIL.

Cohen didn?t make this hire, but if he did, it?s bc he knows that Freeze can be successful plus there?s been plenty of time for things to settle down. Shit, AU hired Pearl and he?s dirty as hell too. I would hire Freeze if Leach didn?t pan out. It?s a good hire, plus it will be interesting when AU plays OM & aTm (Bjork).

Hell, we?ve hired worse, bc we?re too cheap or scared to take a chance with someone who has baggage, thus Felker, Croom, & Moorehead, and as far as I?m concerned Leach.

Exactly, Freeze will win big at Auburn. He already has a Qb that fits his offense as well.

The Federalist Engineer
11-28-2022, 11:24 PM
With Tim Cook's money, this is the best Auburn can do?

Not Kyle Shanahan? Matt Lefleur? Or at Least fly-In Sean McVay

In my spectrum of coaches Freeze is about like hiring Les Miles or Houston Nutt.

HoopsDawg
11-28-2022, 11:34 PM

There is something called Reputation Risk. It can stain a University. AU didn't have to go this route.

DawgFromOxford
11-28-2022, 11:38 PM

He's not bad for Auburn for his coaching ability, but at some point morality for most people trumps winning football games, or at least I'd hope so. Now the more you win, the more grace you get from the public, case and point Hugh Freeze. But when it comes to Hugh there's been countless sex scandals everywhere he's been. He can't handle criticism based on his consistent searching and replies to folks on social media. The man sure has a lot of negative news headlines for a guy that parades his faith.

I hope we never hire him here. There's no way I could be proud to have a man of his character be the leader of the MSU football team. How can you support a man like that? How can you say I want a man like that to help 18-22 year old boys mature to men? Because he wins football games? Give me a break. There's plenty of other coaches who can win football games without his issues. He's one news headline away from creating a firestorm for Auburn.

confucius say
11-29-2022, 12:23 AM
He's not bad for Auburn for his coaching ability, but at some point morality for most people trumps winning football games, or at least I'd hope so. Now the more you win, the more grace you get from the public, case and point Hugh Freeze. But when it comes to Hugh there's been countless sex scandals everywhere he's been. He can't handle criticism based on his consistent searching and replies to folks on social media. The man sure has a lot of negative news headlines for a guy that parades his faith.

I hope we never hire him here. There's no way I could be proud to have a man of his character be the leader of the MSU football team. How can you support a man like that? How can you say I want a man like that to help 18-22 year old boys mature to men? Because he wins football games? Give me a break. There's plenty of other coaches who can win football games without his issues. He's one news headline away from creating a firestorm for Auburn.

Exactly. I'd be done with our program.
It's not just the years of hookers and affairs, but do you know what kind of evil you have to be to do that to your wife and daughters (and the escorts) while TWEETING BIBLE VERSUS DAILY?

Then you have all the briarcrest stuff. If I were that 14 year old girls dad I would have ended him.

We also have the multiple DMs to a sexual assault survivor at Liberty telling her she is wrong about the AD because he is "Jesus like." You know, the same AD who was found culpable by the DOJ and an independent investigation for his role in the cover up of gang rapes at Baylor!

It's hard for men to see it because we're men. But every female auburn fan knows Cohen just hired a guy who has belittled, manipulated, and disrespected women for 25 years.

Todd4State
11-29-2022, 01:39 AM

The biggest thing that would worry me if I was an Auburn fan is the fact that once he beats Alabama they'll go nuclear and unleash a scandal that would be similar to Penn State and Baylor. Heck- they already did when Freeze was at Ole Miss and beat them.

This isn't like when we hired Jackie. Freeze has a lot of things that have been kept quiet for years that could sink him at basically any time. He's a ticking time bomb.

So, basically Auburn has in my mind hung themselves out to dry. Because he's either going to be successful and nuke the program or he isn't going to pan out because the playing field is a lot more level with NIL and the portal. Very risky hire to try to have a good season or two.

Todd4State
11-29-2022, 01:42 AM

Probably don't have to worry about Hugh Freeze ever being a Bulldog. Especially with Steve Robertson around. Talk about awkward.

TUSK
11-29-2022, 05:57 AM
The biggest thing that would worry me if I was an Auburn fan is the fact that once he beats Alabama they'll go nuclear and unleash a scandal that would be similar to Penn State and Baylor. Heck- they already did when Freeze was at Ole Miss and beat them.

This isn't like when we hired Jackie. Freeze has a lot of things that have been kept quiet for years that could sink him at basically any time. He's a ticking time bomb.

So, basically Auburn has in my mind hung themselves out to dry. Because he's either going to be successful and nuke the program or he isn't going to pan out because the playing field is a lot more level with NIL and the portal. Very risky hire to try to have a good season or two.

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2022, 08:27 AM

If the things he did at OM were all he'd done then MAYBE. But there's a whole new batch of stuff that shows he didn't learn his lesson.

ImissCityBagel
11-29-2022, 09:13 AM
Reading some of the Auburn mental/theological gymnastics is kind of shocking.

TrapGame
11-29-2022, 09:15 AM
Heard this morning that Freeze has to get permission to post on social media at Auburn. Sounds like Cohen is more of a prison warden than an AD.

Thick
11-29-2022, 09:30 AM
Heard this morning that Freeze has to get permission to post on social media at Auburn. Sounds like Cohen is more of a prison warden than an AD.

Sounds like a great idea. Put safeguards in place to protect the university and the athletic dept as well from any legal repercussions.

Really Clark?
11-29-2022, 09:34 AM

I think they going further than that. Sounds like he has to give total control of his social media.

Thick
11-29-2022, 09:41 AM
If the things he did at OM were all he'd done then MAYBE. But there's a whole new batch of stuff that shows he didn't learn his lesson.

Are you speaking of the inappropriate text messages to a graduate of Liberty? It?s definitely a concern if it?s true to say the least. If so, you better hope the inappropriate text messages to female students from certain student athletes don?t go public.

The world we live in is a shit show, and there?s a LOT of things that happen?..lots get swept under the rug or overlooked especially in sports all for the sake of winning. It happens EVERYWHERE?.including MSU. Welcome to the freak show!

basedog
11-29-2022, 09:43 AM
There is something called Reputation Risk. It can stain a University. AU didn't have to go this route.

Exactly, Freeze will be Freeze and will lie like there is no tomorrow in coming days, it's who he is. But too each their own.

Bothrops
11-29-2022, 10:45 AM
And what makes you think that State will pay more ?

Have no choice

Coursesuper
11-29-2022, 10:56 AM
Exactly, Freeze will be Freeze and will lie like there is no tomorrow in coming days, it's who he is. But too each their own.

I'm going to file this one under things that will eventually end poorly.

Goldendawg
11-29-2022, 12:48 PM
Cadillac will get more experience, ( probably some things he would rather not see!). He is in place to be named next HC to clean up the program when Freeze gets fired in disgrace. As for AU, having Pearl and now Freeze says it all.

confucius say
11-29-2022, 02:04 PM
Are you speaking of the inappropriate text messages to a graduate of Liberty? It?s definitely a concern if it?s true to say the least. If so, you better hope the inappropriate text messages to female students from certain student athletes don?t go public.

The world we live in is a shit show, and there?s a LOT of things that happen?..lots get swept under the rug or overlooked especially in sports all for the sake of winning. It happens EVERYWHERE?.including MSU. Welcome to the freak show!

If we have coaches in the DMs of sexual assault victims like Freeze had I hope it comes out and is made public

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2022, 10:31 AM

Are you saying what students say to each other, and what administrators in a position of authority do or say is comparable ?