PDA

View Full Version : What is the holdup on the contract?

basedog
11-27-2022, 04:02 PM
I guess Ole Dixie is organising a huge parade for Kiffin's big day*
Weird.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 04:10 PM
And just think, they get to do this every year egg bowl week if he stays!!!!!! Woot!!!!!

Catfish
11-27-2022, 04:10 PM
I guess Ole Dixie is organising a huge parade for Kiffin's big day*
Weird.

If they're having a potluck after the parade we could provide the 'mustard.'

Tater
11-27-2022, 04:13 PM
All better options to be filled.

LC Dawg
11-27-2022, 04:29 PM
Some of the Rebel faithful are realizing that Kiffin fleeced them pretty good with the contract. It reportedly doesn't have a big buyout for him to leave so they know this will happen every year.

RocketDawg
11-27-2022, 04:31 PM
Any possibility Kiffin might still wind up at Auburn? Didn't word on him signing the extension only come out after it appeared that Freeze was a shoo-in, but now he's not?

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 04:33 PM
Any possibility Kiffin might still wind up at Auburn? Didn't word on him signing the extension only come out after it appeared that Freeze was a shoo-in, but now he's not?

Kiffin hasn't signed any contract with anyone and Auburn still doesn't have a coach. There are still a LOT of possibilities.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-27-2022, 04:37 PM
One thing is a state of Mississippi contract can not be longer than 4 years.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2022, 04:52 PM
Kiffin hasn't signed any contract with anyone and Auburn still doesn't have a coach. There are still a LOT of possibilities.

Exactly

Leroy Jenkins
11-27-2022, 04:56 PM
1. Kiffy is waiting to see what other jobs come open. As long as the AU domino has not fallen there will be other moves and backfills. I still like Chip Kelly to AU and Lane to UCLA.
2. Next IHL meeting is Dec 15th, I don't know if anything can be approved before then.

BeardoMSU
11-27-2022, 04:56 PM
He hasn't signed for a reason. If he's indeed 100% staying at OM, this would be done already. He's waiting for another chance to bolt.

RocketDawg
11-27-2022, 05:02 PM
He hasn't signed for a reason. If he's indeed 100% staying at OM, this would be done already. He's waiting for another chance to bolt.

That seems to be the case, assuming he hasn't signed as has been reported. I still think he goes to Auburn, but he certainly has a good monetarily backup if he decides to stay where he is.

Martianlander
11-27-2022, 07:13 PM
Juice is so confused he doesn't know what to tweet.

BeardoMSU
11-27-2022, 07:16 PM
Juice is so confused he doesn't know what to tweet.

He's gonna end up being devoured by those poor souls in the sweat shop that made all those OM SEC West Camps t-shirts***

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 08:32 PM

He may not be happy with that so-called alleged eight year contract either.

Homedawg
11-27-2022, 08:39 PM
He may not be happy with that so-called alleged eight year contract either.

Word is it's 6 for 54. If he leaves he owes them 6. If they fire him they owe it all.

Coach34
11-27-2022, 09:11 PM
I gotta defend Lame

Lame has always been the spoiled child of a really good NFL coach. He grew up in a football house and obviously knows football. He searched out fame and notoriety. He's a cocky mf'er. Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

He has matured and his kids are having an influence on him now. It would have been easy to take the huge contract from Auburn and chase the title. It's what he craves. But he didnt. He listened to his kids that he loves who are happy being with him around Grenada Without The Lake. While I'm bothered why the kids gravitate toward him instead of Layla- that raises many questions- but they do.

Kiffin is going to be Mississippi's Dan Mullen

Commercecomet24
11-27-2022, 09:19 PM
I gotta defend Lame

Lame has always been the spoiled child of a really good NFL coach. He grew up in a football house and obviously knows football. He searched out fame and notoriety. He's a cocky mf'er. Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

He has matured and his kids are having an influence on him now. It would have been easy to take the huge contract from Auburn and chase the title. It's what he craves. But he didnt. He listened to his kids that he loves who are happy being with him around Grenada Without The Lake. While I'm bothered why the kids gravitate toward him instead of Layla- that raises many questions- but they do.

He has a lot of similarities to Danny boy. Narcissist, arrogant, a good coach but doesn't make in game adjustments very well, who'll win 6-8 every year with a chance at 9-10 every few years.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 09:26 PM
He has a lot of similarities to Danny boy. Narcissist, arrogant, a good coach but doesn't make in game adjustments very well, who'll win 6-8 every year with a chance at 9-10 every few years.

And chasing the next big job every year.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2022, 09:30 PM
And chasing the next big job every year.

Oops yes I forgot to include that! Good catch!

Vandownbytheriver
11-27-2022, 09:33 PM
I gotta defend Lame

The deal with the kids is probably more to do with being able to live more of a rockstar type lifestyle with dad and everyone knowing who you are. Knox is living every kid that ages dream life right now. He's surrounded by superstar athletes that include him in everything. The daughter seems to like the smaller town Oxford life and all that affords her as far as popularity and groups of friends. In their position, most kids that age would want to be on TV weekly with their superstar dad. Can't really knock them for that. And with dads position, they are a private jet ride back to mom anytime they want.

RisperDawg
11-27-2022, 09:40 PM
The deal with the kids is probably more to do with being able to live more of a rockstar type lifestyle with dad and everyone knowing who you are. Knox is living every kid that ages dream life right now. He's surrounded by superstar athletes that include him in everything. The daughter seems to like the smaller town Oxford life and all that affords her as far as popularity and groups of friends. In their position, most kids that age would want to be on TV weekly with their superstar dad. Can't really knock them for that. And with dads position, they are a private jet ride back to mom anytime they want.

Agreed. It's not hard to see why they "gravitate" toward him. He controls the purse strings and gives them a lifestyle few kids can experience. Further, a narcissist with money can make their ex's life a living hell if so desired.

SteelCurtain74
11-27-2022, 09:49 PM
It's a good thing that Lane taught Knox how to operate a fire extinguisher considering the bridges Lane has and will burn in the future along with the other fires he is bound to set as he walks out the door

Mjoelner34
11-27-2022, 09:51 PM
It's a good thing that Lane taught Knox how to operate a fire extinguisher considering the bridges Lane has and will burn in the future along with the other fires he is bound to set as he walks out the door

REP GIVEN!

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:53 AM

Lane won't be hurting for money at any point in his life, even if no one beside OM will hire him. I still don't think it's impossible that he doesn't show up at Auburn soon.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:56 AM

Exactly. As long as he instills at least a bit of a sense of normality in the kids.

SilentSteel16
11-28-2022, 09:22 AM
Since we are talking about the Knox kid, what was the deal with the sweat towel from Rogers? Rogers gave him the towel after the game then Kiffin posted a picture with Knox and Heath and it looked ripped. Also mentioned Altmyer where you from?

Did the kid tear up the towel ?

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 09:24 AM
Since we are talking about the Knox kid, what was the deal with the sweat towel from Rogers? Rogers gave him the towel after the game then Kiffin posted a picture with Knox and Heath and it looked ripped. Also mentioned Altmyer where you from?

Knox messaged Will before the game and asked for the towel. Kiffin even mentioned it and talked about Will's class.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 09:27 AM
Knox messaged Will before the game and asked for the towel. Kiffin even mentioned it and talked about Will's class.

Will is a great dude.

LC Dawg
11-28-2022, 09:49 AM

Knox asked for the towel early in the week and Kiffin had a little fun with it. The picture of the towel torn was tweeted by Kiffin a few hours before the game and Knox was sitting with Heath and Altmyer which I'm guessing he thought was cute since Heath transferred and Altmyer is from Starkville.
Will did give the kid the towel on the field after the game and Kiffin was gracious regarding Will.

SilentSteel16
11-28-2022, 09:49 AM

Yes I am aware of all that. But my question is did the kid destroy it? I will try and find the tweet of it torn up.

SilentSteel16
11-28-2022, 09:53 AM
https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/status/1595877744650616833?s=46&t=R5uMfKKhjOJGVS-kRzCpTQ

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 09:59 AM
https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/status/1595877744650616833?s=46&t=R5uMfKKhjOJGVS-kRzCpTQ

Read the time stamp from twitter in that. That was before the game.

SilentSteel16
11-28-2022, 10:17 AM
So the one Rogers gave him was to replace it?

Just trying to make heads or tails of it.

GoDawgz
11-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Can you imagine how many heads would explode if he pulled the ole "gottcha" and ended up taking another job after all that has transpired?
The meltdown would be epic!
Please, for no other reason than that, Lane, take another job this week!
Pass me the popcorn!

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 10:58 AM
So the one Rogers gave him was to replace it?

Just trying to make heads or tails of it.

I think you reading too much into it. I'm not sure but I think he actually had asked Will for his earlier than that but not sure.

TrapGame
11-28-2022, 11:04 AM
Can you imagine how many heads would explode if he pulled the ole "gottcha" and ended up taking another job after all that has transpired?
The meltdown would be epic!
Please, for no other reason than that, Lane, take another job this week!
Pass me the popcorn!

C34 mentioned Lanning interested in AU job. Which could mean Lane jumps on the Oregon job.

I don't buy the kids and family BS line about him staying. He hasn't signed the extension yet. If he was all in with his kids that ink would have been dried long ago.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 11:07 AM
C34 mentioned Lanning interested in AU job. Which could mean Lane jumps on the Oregon job.

I don't buy the kids and family BS line about him staying. He hasn't signed the extension yet. If he was all in with his kids that ink would have been dried long ago.

^^^This^^^
He's still looking at options with his agent. No doubt.

Coach34
11-28-2022, 11:14 AM

Normally I wouldnt either but Lame has a kid thats about to start school at Mississippi

TrapGame
11-28-2022, 11:25 AM
Normally I wouldnt either but Lame has a kid thats about to start school at Mississippi

So, what's holding him up? My kid's come first. I've been in this situation and didn't think twice about it. And isn't Moorhead's daughter going to State?

Pancho
11-28-2022, 11:51 AM
^^^This^^^
He's still looking at options with his agent. No doubt.

Lanning is not moving back south but you bet your ass that Lane is monitoring the Sooners right now..........

Jack Lambert
11-28-2022, 11:52 AM

No sane adult will let kids get in the way of their career. After all those kids will be gone one day living on their own. How many times did we here how much Megan loved Starkville when Dan's name came up?

confucius say
11-28-2022, 12:04 PM
Lanning is not moving back south but you bet your ass that Lane is monitoring the Sooners right now..........

Venables leaving?

Leroy Jenkins
11-28-2022, 12:05 PM

Well is he planning on staying the next 5 years then.....? I don't think so.

Pancho
11-28-2022, 12:09 PM
Venables leaving?

Not on his own.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 12:12 PM
No sane adult will let kids get in the way of their career. After all those kids will be gone one day living on their own. How many times did we here how much Megan loved Starkville when Dan's name came up?

This. Plus as much as I love Mississippi, most people spend their lives trying to get out. Lane has lived in California, Florida, etc.....
You think he loves Mississippi??? Nah

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 12:15 PM

I don't think Lanning is leaving after a year either but I just can't see OU taking Lane over Heupel, especially this cycle.

Coach34
11-28-2022, 12:16 PM
Well is he planning on staying the next 5 years then.....? I don't think so.

Maybe he is and why they got the deal extended. there are only a handfull of jobs that can pay him more than he will be making at Mississippi

Pancho
11-28-2022, 12:23 PM
Lane is uncomfortable in his own skin and simply only thinks of himself. The only people he talks to regular are his kids and his staff and the lady friend. He'll be the same way regardless of where he is coaching.

TrapGame
11-28-2022, 12:29 PM
I don't think Lanning is leaving after a year either but I just can't see OU taking Lane over Heupel, especially this cycle.

Would Heupel leave Tennessee for Oklahoma? I know that's his alma mater but he's got something really good going at Tennessee.

Pancho
11-28-2022, 12:31 PM
$$$$$ talks

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 12:34 PM
Would Heupel leave Tennessee for Oklahoma? I know that's his alma mater but he's got something really good going at Tennessee.

Why wouldn't he? They will be SEC soon and that gives him a little time to get them back in the right direction. It's still a better job than Tenn. He would have taken it last year but they decided on Brent.

GoDawgz
11-28-2022, 12:43 PM

I agree. He's all about the next big splash. Have no doubt that he likes the attention he's getting from all this and if he does happen to stay..... he's getting a pay raise for winning 8 games on a cupcake schedule with his biggest win being Kentucky. He and his agent are playing this to the end and he aint stupid.

Coach34
11-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Also got to remember Lame wants the Bammer job after Saban and going to Auburn removes that possibility for him

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 01:19 PM
Why wouldn't he? They will be SEC soon and that gives him a little time to get them back in the right direction. It's still a better job than Tenn. He would have taken it last year but they decided on Brent.

Not many sane people would rather live in Oklahoma vs Tennessee. It s a much easier coaching job but not for long.

662dawg
11-28-2022, 01:24 PM
Also got to remember Lame wants the Bammer job after Saban and going to Auburn removes that possibility for him

There is negative zero chance that Alabama ever hires Lane Kiffin as it's head coach. If Auburn wants Lane they will get him.

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 01:27 PM
Not many sane people would rather live in Oklahoma vs Tennessee. It s a much easier coaching job but not for long.

I think he would be just fine moving back to his college and where he spent 8 years as a coach.

Coach34
11-28-2022, 01:30 PM
There is negative zero chance that Alabama ever hires Lane Kiffin as it's head coach. If Auburn wants Lane they will get him.

Lame doesnt think that tho

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 01:31 PM
I think he would be just fine moving back to his college and where he spent 8 years as a coach.

Oh I completely understand that. But you made it sound like Oklahoma is a better job. I might agree at the moment, but they are moving to the SEC so that negates that situation.

HancockCountyDog
11-28-2022, 01:32 PM
Lame doesnt think that tho

I think he is hoping Cristobal continues to fail at Miami. They probably give him 3 years, but Lane wants that Miami job. I also hear he really wants the A&M job and that job may be open after next year if Jimbo lays another egg.

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 01:35 PM
Oh I completely understand that. But you made it sound like Oklahoma is a better job. I might agree at the moment, but they are moving to the SEC so that negates that situation.

Well I do think it's a better job too. I'm not sure the move to the SEC will change that either. It would take a significant decade long downturn to drop their level of prestige to Tenn level. Lol. It's a better job and will be considered that for a while. The move, if they adapt, could raise their level up some more too.

confucius say
11-28-2022, 01:40 PM
Pretty equivalent programs imo

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 01:44 PM
Pretty equivalent programs imo

In what way? National titles? No. CFP appearances? No. All time wins? No. Money? No. National prestige? No

I'm not saying the gap is like us vs Bama or anything but it's a National blue blood more so than Tenn

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 01:48 PM
In what way? National titles? No. CFP appearances? No. All time wins? No. Money? No. National prestige? No

All I got is that Tennessee is 100x nicer place to live and Tennessee will be whipping Oklahoma's ass when they get in the SEC.
I can't argue with everything else you posted though. Lol

This thread got off topic!!!! Lane still hasn't signed a contract.

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 01:52 PM
All I got is that Tennessee is 100x nicer place to live and Tennessee will be whipping Oklahoma's ass when they get in the SEC.

Lol true!! I do think he's waiting on either all of the dominoes to fall or the IHL is again pushing back on the contract, like they have done in the past when UM has tried this.

Coach34
11-28-2022, 01:57 PM

I'm not saying the gap is like us vs Bama or anything but it's a National blue blood more so than Tenn

OU claims 7 titles- Tenn 6

Tenn won it in 1998 and OU in 2000

They are the same program with each having 1 title the last 25 years

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2022, 02:01 PM
I gotta defend Lame

I would bet a lot of money that he is not

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 02:02 PM

OU has 7 legit titles AP / BCS. Tenn has 2

OU has several more they could claim but don't since the were not major polls although recognized. I think it's another 10 but again they were not AP or UPI

confucius say
11-28-2022, 02:20 PM
In what way?

Money. Resources. Facilities. Recruiting.

National titles in the old days don't matter. Colorado and BYU have those. TN and OK both have 1 national title in the modern era.

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 02:27 PM
Money. Resources. Facilities. Recruiting.

National titles in the old days don't matter. Colorado and BYU have those. TN and OK both have 1 national title in the modern era.

Have you seen Oklahoma's facilities? Look, again it's not like this huge gap but nationally is has more prestige in football. It just does. Even in modern times they have been a Top 10 team many times more than Tenn. When both are at their peak they can win big but Oklahoma has a better pipeline to recruits to be more consistent and that's been proven over the last 25 years. When they get to the SEC we will see how they adapt and if it continues.

confucius say
11-28-2022, 02:59 PM
Have you seen Oklahoma's facilities? Look, again it's not like this huge gap but nationally is has more prestige in football. It just does. Even in modern times they have been a Top 10 team many times more than Tenn. When both are at their peak they can win big but Oklahoma has a better pipeline to recruits to be more consistent and that's been proven over the last 25 years. When they get to the SEC we will see how they adapt and if it continues.

All that has been proven over the past 25 years is that OK had Stoops and Riley, two A list coaches while TN hired dumpster fire after dumpster fire.

Can certainly be argued OK is a better job, and can be argued TN is. They are on the same second tier level.

Really Clark?
11-28-2022, 03:07 PM
All that has been proven over the past 25 years is that OK had Stoops and Riley, two A list coaches while TN hired dumpster fire after dumpster fire.

Can certainly be argued OK is a better job, and can be argued TN is. They are on the same second tier level.

I can see that. You can say that about a lot of schools too though. After Bama and OSU I have another mix of schools like OU then Tenn is in the next tier. Just hard to put Tenn that high for me when you have 4 other SEC schools better programs over the last 2 decades.

Tater
11-28-2022, 03:16 PM

Oklahoma is literally a blue blood and UTk is new old money.

OU is in the group with Bama, ND, USC, Texsa, anOSU, Michigan. They are top 3 blue blood in the SEC. Georgia, Tenn, Florida, Auburn, LSU are historically a notch lower.

Now... this does not mean that OU will be great in the SEC. They got tough sledding ahead to stop themselves from being an Auburn type. But it's silly to act like they aren't one of the Blue Blood 7. ND hasn't won since 1988 and no one is saying they ain't.

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 03:57 PM

Not to be minimzed - the Knoxville metro has 5 Target stores.

BeardoMSU
11-29-2022, 03:55 PM
It's a done deal...until next year, lol.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1597694952703922176?s=20&t=y-0vlDcxJGNF4QE7tkKkFg

Hot Rock
11-29-2022, 04:15 PM
next year, he will be going to ...... A&M?

TrapGame
11-29-2022, 04:43 PM
next year, he will be going to ...... A&M?

Makes you wonder. Maybe Sexton whispered in his ear to wait a year.

I know Dan did some goofy stuff late in the season but Lane has him beat with this. If I'm an ole miss fan I'm not happy b/c this shit show comes back around next November.

DEDawg
11-29-2022, 04:58 PM
It's a done deal...until next year, lol.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1597694952703922176?s=20&t=y-0vlDcxJGNF4QE7tkKkFg

How did they get around the 4 year law?

msudawg1200
11-29-2022, 05:01 PM
Oklahoma is a much better traditional program than Tennessee, and it's not really close

ZedFedder
11-29-2022, 05:06 PM
How did they get around the 4 year law?

I read somewhere that they were doing it out of their private foundation, so it did not have to follow the law.

Dawg_Lover
11-29-2022, 05:13 PM
https://www.wcbi.com/rebels-football-coach-lane-kiffin-inks-new-contract-with-ole-miss/

Turfdawg67
11-29-2022, 05:18 PM
... blah blah blah....

What do you mean? No titles, 0-9 vs Bama and shopping himself every year... all the while getting almost twice the pay as DM?!? Lolz!!

Turfdawg67
11-29-2022, 05:26 PM
https://www.wcbi.com/rebels-football-coach-lane-kiffin-inks-new-contract-with-ole-miss/

No different when they hired Nutt for like $3M/yr and we were paying SC around $1.7M. The quote back then was "The price of poker has gone up." Or something like that... Nutt had some good years but finished like King Jackie by the end.

Really Clark?
11-29-2022, 05:28 PM
I read somewhere that they were doing it out of their private foundation, so it did not have to follow the law.

They have tried it before and it has always been shot down in the past. The IHL didn't care who was paying the contract, they were a state employee. Either they changed or the way the contract is written was written differently to get it through (which we need to find out as well) or they are just announcing it this way knowing it will be kicked back but no one will remember.

lastmajordog
11-29-2022, 05:37 PM
del