PDA

View Full Version : Other coaching news

MetEdDawg
11-27-2022, 12:41 PM
1) David Shaw stepped down after 12 years at Stanford

2) Fickell will likely be the next head coach at Wisconsin. Should be finalized in the next 24 hours or so.

Interested to see the Fickell contract. It will probably be pretty good.

Got to think some additional moves are made today. But Auburn is on the clock and look worse and worse as this goes along. They look very poorly organized on this.

msstate7
11-27-2022, 12:46 PM
Be interesting to see how the Stanford job is viewed by coaches

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 12:47 PM
Fickle to Wis is a really good hire and fit for both sides.

Looking more and more like ASU will hire the Oregon OC.

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2022, 12:51 PM
I wonder if Shane Beamer will jump on Auburns radar assuming Freeze and Kiffin don’t work out.

Catfish
11-27-2022, 12:55 PM
I wonder if Shane Beamer will jump on Auburns radar assuming Freeze and Kiffin don’t work out.

Spencer Rattler helped Beamer's job status significantly.

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2022, 12:56 PM
Be interesting to see how the Stanford job is viewed by coaches

I think the uncertainty of the pac 12 will hurt them. Although I think it ND is forced to join the big 10 in the future then Stanford would be the next pac 12 team to get an invite

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2022, 12:57 PM
Spencer Rattler helped Beamer's job status significantly.

Agreed. Without Rattler they probably go 5-7, but I credit Beamer for recruiting him and getting him to SC

Catfish
11-27-2022, 01:00 PM
Agreed. Without Rattler they probably go 5-7, but I credit Beamer for recruiting him and getting him to SC

True, Beamer saw something in him that others didn't. He certainly didn't shine at Oklahoma.

Cowbell
11-27-2022, 02:31 PM
True, Beamer saw something in him that others didn't. He certainly didn't shine at Oklahoma.

Agreed. And he has greatly improved

IMissJack
11-27-2022, 02:39 PM
Does Mullen get back in somewhere?

SailingDawg
11-27-2022, 02:50 PM

South Florida?

DownwardDawg

You would think.
How about malzahn?

DownwardDawg
South Florida?

Auburn?

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2022, 02:58 PM
With the 12 team playoff coming up, and it being one of the best universities in the country and the world..... and they have an easy row to hoe to get into the 12 team playoff.... seems like it is a great job, with tons of money to spare.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2022, 03:03 PM

Didn't Rattler win 15 of like 17 games he started at Oklahoma? He wasn't shining?

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2022, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't think this cycle. But imagine what he could do at Auburn.

Catfish
11-27-2022, 03:22 PM
Didn't Rattler win 15 of like 17 games he started at Oklahoma? He wasn't shining?

Was referring to his last year there when he was benched.

HoopsDawg
11-27-2022, 03:30 PM

Multiple people on this board said he sucked. You may have been one of them. I can't remember.

chef dixon
11-27-2022, 04:50 PM
Rattler throws a pretty ball. Needed some coaching

BeardoMSU
11-27-2022, 04:57 PM
Fritz to Georgia Tech.

Leroy Jenkins
11-27-2022, 05:01 PM
Their fans would burn the damn oaks to the ground if they hired Mullen, someone who refuses to recruit and never even sniffed a W vs bama.

NCDawg
11-27-2022, 05:05 PM
Multiple people on this board said he sucked. You may have been one of them. I can't remember.

Several people on here said Stone Blanton wasn't very good either, and he's starting at LB for them as a freshman.

RocketDawg
11-27-2022, 05:06 PM
Fritz to Georgia Tech.

Tulane might as well just give up football. Every time they have a decent year somebody steals their coach.

HancockCountyDog
11-27-2022, 05:07 PM
I'm telling y'all now, the longer this drags out, the more support Cadillac will get.

Their fanbase is crazy about the guy. It sounds crazy, but he has a ton of a support in that fan base and if they don't get kiffin what other home run hires are out there.

They have already said no to Freezus. Too much baggage which we all knew.

Now GT has apparently hired Willie Fritz.

If you are AU right now, both Wisconsin and GT have made really good hires, while you are sitting there with no one. You don't fire your coach in October only to hire a coach in December. You've had close to a month to make this happen, letting this drag out is just a terrible job.

It makes me think that lane did tell John yes, and then he backed out of the deal (can't imagine lane going back on his word.....) and now John is scrambling.

LC Dawg
11-27-2022, 05:14 PM

It's been surprising to me that we haven't seen his name pop up. Is there a chance he's let it be known he's not interested in coaching? At least for the short term.
I could also see him shooting for the NFL.

chef dixon
11-27-2022, 05:16 PM
I'm telling y'all now, the longer this drags out, the more support Cadillac will get.

Their fanbase is crazy about the guy. It sounds crazy, but he has a ton of a support in that fan base and if they don't get kiffin what other home run hires are out there.

If you are AU right now, both Wisconsin and GT have made really good hires, while you are sitting there with no one. You don't fire your coach in October only to hire a coach in December. You've had close to a month to make this happen, letting this drag out is just a terrible job.

It makes me think that lane did tell John yes, and then he backed out of the deal (can't imagine lane going back on his word.....) and now John is scrambling.

Lane probably backed out of it just in spite of the reporter

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 05:47 PM

I believe that Auburn is choosing between Freeze and Kiffin. They aren't worried about who GT and Wisconsin are hiring.
Now, I could be completely wrong. Which is probably the case! Lol
But the longer this strings along, I might actually start to think that maybe John Cohen is the one making this hire. Sure smells like a Cohen shit show.

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 05:59 PM
I believe that Auburn is choosing between Freeze and Kiffin. They aren't worried about who GT and Wisconsin are hiring.
Now, I could be completely wrong. Which is probably the case! Lol
But the longer this strings along, I might actually start to think that maybe John Cohen is the one making this hire. Sure smells like a Cohen shit show.

Compared to Auburn's past coaching searches before Cohen, Cohen's hires have gone off with out hitches. Lol

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 06:01 PM
It's been surprising to me that we haven't seen his name pop up. Is there a chance he's let it be known he's not interested in coaching? At least for the short term.
I could also see him shooting for the NFL.

He talked with UAB for sure but wasn't ready / wanting to go in that direction.

RisperDawg
11-27-2022, 06:02 PM
Several people on here said Stone Blanton wasn't very good either, and he's starting at LB for them as a freshman.

As i recall, one of our more connected users explained that he also wanted to see the field in baseball and he likely wouldn't for us. This made all of it moot and better that he moved on.

Cowbell
11-27-2022, 06:17 PM
As i recall, one of our more connected users explained that he also wanted to see the field in baseball and he likely wouldn't for us. This made all of it moot and better that he moved on.

There were quite a few posting this and that he wasn't good enough to start in either sport here

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2022, 06:20 PM
GT made a huge mistake not hiring their interim. That team was awful at the beginning of the year and he turned them around to start beating some higher ACC teams like Pitt and UNC. Also he played UGA tough for awhile with limited talent.

MetEdDawg
11-27-2022, 06:21 PM
There were quite a few posting this and that he wasn't good enough to start in either sport here

I think our LB verified that he likely wouldn't have touched the field this year. And our backups aren't too shabby either. Purvis has some good moments and Page did as well.

NCDawg
11-27-2022, 06:21 PM

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I understand Sawyer Robertson is a good baseball player. Did we tell him that he can't play baseball if he comes to State?

parabrave
11-28-2022, 12:27 AM

Maybe Aubbie might be poaching someone who is still coaching this weekend??

Todd4State
11-28-2022, 01:35 AM
He talked with UAB for sure but wasn't ready / wanting to go in that direction.

I think it will be awhile before we see Dan coaching again. He would be a good fit for a MAC school.