PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take on the Egg Bowl

BeastMan
11-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Today at work I chatted up a guy in a State shirt about the game, just friendly small talk. He says, "We win win for a bunch of reasons, some of them political. Slive won't let the SEC miss out on another bowl team."

I thought about it and it's an interesting point. With Florida and Tennessee already out of the picture the SEC is not filling the Indy Bowl (more than likely). If State was to lose that would mean 2 SEC tie-ins wouldn't get filled. Although I have no faith in Slive or any kind of SEC favor it was the most interesting take I've heard on the Egg Bowl.

Ronny
11-27-2013, 05:16 PM
...your friend really believes Slive is going to order Ole Miss to throw the game to MSU so MSU can fill a bowl slot?

Why would you even post that here.

I understand the imagination runs wild in people the week of the Egg Bowl, but some things are best left untyped.

PMDawg
11-27-2013, 05:32 PM
I don't understand why some people make fun of this board**

Dawgfan77
11-27-2013, 05:34 PM
It was the guys opinion and I'm glad beast man brought it up. I know there are a ton of bowls but the SEC could take a small PR hit if we couldn't feel all our allotted bowl slots. We may get a few calls tomorrow night

Coach34
11-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Some people out there are too naive to believe that Slive and the SEC office would influence certain things to help enhance their soon to be billion dollar empire. SEC sports quit being amateur years ago.

I dont think they would do much in the way of making sure one more lower-tired bowl was filled though.

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2013, 05:41 PM
Some people out there are too naive to believe that Slive and the SEC office would influence certain things to help enhance their soon to be billion dollar empire. SEC sports quit being amateur years ago.

I dont think they would do much in the way of making sure one more lower-tired bowl was filled though.

Hey, you are probably right, but at least I can dream about what it must be like to be a Bama fan for a night. Has to be fun to get all the calls.

I agree, though, since instant replay and 30 camera angles has invaded the game, it's become much more difficult for the refs to have a major impact.

msstate7
11-27-2013, 05:43 PM

If you wanted a team to win over another, officiating would make that very easy. Holds can be called on any play.

Ronny
11-27-2013, 05:49 PM
It was the guys opinion and I'm glad beast man brought it up. I know there are a ton of bowls but the SEC could take a small PR hit if we couldn't feel all our allotted bowl slots. We may get a few calls tomorrow night

..it is a delusion. Opinions & delusions are 2 different things.

If Slive is so crooked & immoral he would fix the Egg Bowl in order to fill a bowl quota then the corruption of the SEC runs so deep federal authorites would become involved & perhaps dissolve the SEC altogether.

I realize this is just you allowing you fantasies to run wild, but if something like this really happened in real life it would probably spell the end of the Southeastern Conference as we know it.

MarketingBully01
11-27-2013, 05:56 PM
It's called getting all the calls. Ole Miss would have nothing to do with it. Let's say Ole Miss gets called for a ton more penalties then we do tomorrow. Then Ole Miss would have nothing to do with that. It's entirely plausable. How do you explain Cam getting reinstated so quickly in 2010. If you don't believe the SEC is corrupt, then you are extremely naive.

was21
11-27-2013, 05:58 PM
My goodness

BeastMan
11-27-2013, 06:07 PM
...your friend really believes Slive is going to order Ole Miss to throw the game to MSU so MSU can fill a bowl slot?

Why would you even post that here.

I understand the imagination runs wild in people the week of the Egg Bowl, but some things are best left untyped.

Don't be a moron. I said I guy I saw at work today, as in I've never met him in my life. He was a nice guy though. I posted in the OP that it was an "interesting take" and nowhere did I say I believed it. Some of you lack reading comprehension badly.

BeastMan
11-27-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't understand why some people make fun of this board**

No need to be a **********

BSME04
11-27-2013, 07:11 PM
I guess this will be their excuse when State wins tomorrow night, because we all know Ole Miss has never lost a game on their own. There always has to be some conspiracy when they don't win.

Dawgfan77
11-27-2013, 07:12 PM
No need to be a **********
He can't reply he and Ronny are to busy arguing who gets the reach around

preachermatt83
11-27-2013, 07:17 PM
People obviously underestimate the power that is slive.. I don't think he would go as far as "fixing" a game but don't think for one minute he wont be on the horn with the officials if need be. It is certainly an interesting take. I don't think it's logical but if a BIG money bowl were at stake you can bet there would be some strings being pulled behind the scenes.

gravedigger
11-27-2013, 07:30 PM
I like your posts a great deal but did you really take him to mean someone convincing om to throw the game instead of the refs manipulating it?

Fantasy to be sure, but your interpretation is funny to say the least.

DawgsBite34
11-27-2013, 07:45 PM
There is absolutely no doubt Slive can make sure we get all the calls tomorrow. He's done it before, he can do it again. I hope he does. 100 percent A okay with me. I'll take every advantage we can get