PDA

View Full Version : Lane signs extension. Stays at TSUN

ScoobaDawg
11-26-2022, 01:48 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35113769/lane-kiffin-agrees-new-contract-remain-ole-miss

Tater
11-26-2022, 01:51 PM
Until he signs the dotted line... I don't believe him. He still hasn't signed. It's the same extension that's been sitting on his desk for a month.

And even if he signs. Auburn would have no problem paying more of a buyout if they wanted him. Nothing burger until Auburn has announced their next coach. Keep the turmoil on for Oxfart

PikeDawg15
11-26-2022, 01:55 PM
We have a war on our hands .

Damn I wish he left but we know now he is not unbeatable

We have to give Arnette a blank check

Catfish
11-26-2022, 01:59 PM

Yeah, he's getting more and more recognition. Someone's gonna come knocking.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2022, 02:04 PM
And sexton going to score twice. Once for Lane big pay raise and one for Freeze new contract. I kind of wonder was Cohen part of the Ole Miss 17ing. He loses the last four games and got a 9 million contract. There's not another Matt Corral sitting on the bench waiting for a chance.

Ole miss gets Bama and Ga next season. They are also getting Tulane in New Orleans. Probably an improved GA Tech.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 02:06 PM
And sexton going to score twice. Once for Lane big pay raise and one for Freeze new contract. I kind of wonder was Cohen part of the Ole Miss 17ing. He loses the last four games and got a 9 million contract. There's not another Matt Corral sitting on the bench waiting for a chance.

Ole miss gets Bama and Ga next season. They are also getting Tulane in New Orleans. Probably an improved GA Tech.

Life is good !!

parabrave
11-26-2022, 02:10 PM
What is the NCAA rule about kids being on the sidelines with fire extinguishers ?

PikeDawg15
11-26-2022, 02:18 PM

Ole miss has an insanely hard schedule next year

@alabama
@georgia
@state
@auburn with freeze

Home vs LSU
Home vs Arkansas
Home vs vandy and vandy is improving
Home vs A&M

Tulane neutral site

Georgia tech at home also that should be improved

BulldogBear
11-26-2022, 02:19 PM
He does not want to stay and/or is not staying. That is as clear as the purest gold. If either was untrue...WHY. NOT. SIGN?

It really is that simple. He is probably gone....anywhere in P5 but Ole Miss.

civildawg
11-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Pretty tough schedule but ole miss should be improved next year too.

PikeDawg15
11-26-2022, 02:23 PM
He does not want to stay and/or is not staying. That is as clear as the purest gold. If either was untrue...WHY. NOT. SIGN?

It really is that simple. He is probably gone....anywhere in P5 but Ole Miss.

Nah man, he?s signed the dotted line.

But it?s obvious he isn?t happy.

Auburn didn?t give him what he wanted and he decided to stay at ole miss because auburn was ready to move on with a more affordable coach

PikeDawg15
11-26-2022, 02:24 PM

They lose a lot more than you think

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 02:33 PM
Nah man, he?s signed the dotted line.

But it?s obvious he isn?t happy.

Auburn didn?t give him what he wanted and he decided to stay at ole miss because auburn was ready to move on with a more affordable coach

Freeze has always been Auburn's number 1 target. I'll never not believe that.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-26-2022, 02:35 PM

Haha. Why the hell would you think he was unbeatable before?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-26-2022, 02:37 PM
They lose a lot more than you think

They will be better than this year with $10,000,000 in NIL to spend, if that figure is true. That is WAAAAAYYY more concerning than a petulant child like Vain Kiffin returning as their head coach.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 02:41 PM
They will be better than this year with $10,000,000 in NIL to spend, if that figure is true. That is WAAAAAYYY more concerning than a petulant child like Vain Kiffin returning as their head coach.

I'm surprised they're not reporting $100,000,000. It's what they do. They'll report the highest in the SEC.

Homedawg
11-26-2022, 02:45 PM

That number is bs

Ranchdawg
11-26-2022, 02:46 PM

Georgia good, Bama good, LSU good. I don’t believe so

Ranchdawg
11-26-2022, 02:48 PM

And some of that money is now going to be required to pay 9mil+ to a coach that doesn’t want to be there.

msu15
11-26-2022, 04:27 PM
I'm surprised they're not reporting $100,000,000. It's what they do. They'll report the highest in the SEC.

It's $10,000,000 in commitments, it's not in the bank yet.

confucius say
11-26-2022, 04:30 PM

That number is a lie. Certainly not cash in hand.

Also, the contract for Lane doesn't appear to be 9 million. Low is now saying "in the range" of 9 million.

He didn't stay in Oxford for less money than he would have gotten from Auburn. His own retweets make clear that he didn't get what he wanted. They literally say that.

Auburn moved on after this week's events.

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2022, 04:32 PM
That number is a lie. Certainly not cash in hand.

Also, the contract for Lane doesn't appear to be 9 million. Low is now saying "in the range" of 9 million.

He didn't stay in Oxford for less money than he would have gotten from Auburn. His own retweets make clear that he didn't get what he wanted. They literally say that.

Auburn moved on after this week's events.

I do wish he would have left, I?m not sure who is a solid name.

If AU is having to hire Freezus, who would the bears have to hire?

BeardoMSU
11-26-2022, 04:36 PM
Unless I've missed it, he hasn't actually signed the extension...they've just told the various sports writers "he intends to".

It's most likely a done deal, but still weird that he hasn't signed yet. There should be an official OM Athletics announcement...that would've been the correct way to do it, rather than leaking to media.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 04:37 PM
And that four-year contract state law restriction just went limp.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 04:40 PM
I do wish he would have left, I?m not sure who is a solid name.

If AU is having to hire Freezus, who would the bears have to hire?

Having to hire freeze??? He's been their top target for a year.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 04:41 PM
Unless I've missed it, he hasn't actually signed the extension...they've just told the various sports writers "he intends to".

It's most likely a done deal, but still weird that he hasn't signed yet. There should be an official OM Athletics announcement...that would've been the correct way to do it, rather than leaking to media.

This is a good point. These things are always crazy.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 04:44 PM
Nobody 17s up coach searches, coach hiring decisions and coach contracts like Auburn.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2022, 04:44 PM
This is a good point. These things are always crazy.

I wouldn't put it past him to renege if Auburn again becomes available or in the unlikely event A&M does too tonight/tomorrow, lol.

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2022, 04:50 PM
Having to hire freeze??? He's been their top target for a year.

The AU boards are not thrilled with the potential hire.

They wanted Kiffin. I wanted him out of Oxford.

Im not sold on them hiring Freeze. Lots of skeletons in his closet.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 04:52 PM
The AU boards are not thrilled with the potential hire.

They wanted Kiffin. I wanted him out of Oxford.

Im not sold on them hiring Freeze. Lots of skeletons in his closet.

They wanted Kiffin. After that it’s lipstick on a pig.

Bothrops
11-26-2022, 05:01 PM
Hugh has apparently Froze, losing to two teams in a row he could have beaten with his second string. They got his mind all messed up lol

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 05:40 PM
Hugh has apparently Froze, losing to two teams in a row he could have beaten with his second string. They got his mind all messed up lol

Packing for The Plains!!

IMissJack
11-26-2022, 05:46 PM
So OM and MSU finish 8-4 with MSU paying about 60% of what Kiffen will be making? I like Kiffen, but is that a big win for OM? There are a lot of coaches that could have gone 8-4 with OM?s schedule this year.

Maverick91
11-26-2022, 05:58 PM
If lain is at Pissville U next year you will actually see if he is skilled at coaching up players.

LC Dawg
11-26-2022, 06:26 PM
I don't want to see Kiffin at Ole Miss with Matt Corral at quarterback. Without Corral we'll see. So far he's 8-4 overall and 0-1 in Egg Bowls post Corral. And his year 4 records at all his coaching stops isn't that impressive.
He should, however, get some Elitedawgs posters to write his resume and he'll get any job he wants.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 06:29 PM
I don't want to see Kiffin at Ole Miss with Matt Corral at quarterback. Without Corral we'll see. So far he's 8-4 overall and 0-1 in Egg Bowls post Corral. And his year 4 records at all his coaching stops isn't that impressive.
He should, however, get some Elitedawgs posters to write his resume and he'll get any job he wants.

Excellent post.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 06:34 PM
Excellent post.

!

Catfish
11-26-2022, 06:35 PM

Rep given !!!!!!!

lastmajordog
11-26-2022, 09:52 PM

I hate pumping LK but he did lose ALOT last year and pulled some good talent. It was a great GREAT win Thursday but what happens without Arnett? I?ve just got to see more offensive production (points) from CML in SEC games. I really like CML but against good SEC defensive teams the DOGS faltered. This next year should say alot about CML and LK.I do think a Dak passing or fitz running qb would be really productive..... JMHO..... Go ?DOGS"

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 09:54 PM
BTW, Kiffin hasn't signed anything yet.......

msu15
11-26-2022, 09:57 PM
BTW, Kiffin hasn't signed anything yet.......

His Texas A&M trump card just went out the door.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 10:01 PM
His Texas A&M trump card just went out the door.

Yep. Jimbo will be safe for sure after this win against LSU. With the buyout plus the momentum he's safe now.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 11:12 PM
Freeze has always been Auburn's number 1 target. I'll never not believe that.

Sorry but Kiffin was always Auburn's No. 1 target.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 11:15 PM
DELETE

Ari Gold
11-27-2022, 10:17 AM
they beat Tulsa by 8 .. Tulsa lost their staring qb early in the game
Vandy was leading at half time
Uk straight up blew the game
Auburn made it close
LSU wasn’t even close after halftime
AM had a shot
They played and always seem to play Bama really well
Arky was a blood bath
And we shut their ass down on defense

We go 8-4 , beat them and basically our entire fan base would have no issue with Leach stepping. Away
They go 8-4 and are willing to pay that guy , who is a really bad guy a POS almost 10 million

Ok ... Merry Christmas

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 10:19 AM
Auburn made it close
AM had a shot
Arky was a blood bath

We go 8-4 , beat them and basically our entire fan base would have no issue with Leach stepping. Away
They go 8-4 and are willing to pay that guy , who is a really bad guy a POS almost 10 million

Ok ... Merry Christmas

Very good post.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 10:19 AM

I'll never believe that. I think they've wanted freeze since before they fired their AD and coach.

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 10:34 AM
I'll never believe that. I think they've wanted freeze since before they fired their AD and coach.

Freeze wasn't even the backup until his success this season. And the previous AD balked at Freeze being a possibility.

662dawg
11-27-2022, 10:36 AM

If they truly want Lane they can get him. Period. End. Of. Story.

Catfish
11-27-2022, 10:46 AM
Auburn made it close
AM had a shot
Arky was a blood bath

Ok ... Merry Christmas

Bingo!! Rep given...

msstate7
11-27-2022, 10:56 AM
Auburn made it close
LSU wasn?t even close after halftime
AM had a shot
Arky was a blood bath

Ok ... Merry Christmas
Our defense definitely won that game. They shut our offense down also... we've now gone 5 straight sec games with less than 400 total yards with a veteran offensive team. This is why I'm disappointed with leach (offense), but we are 8-4, so that can't be discounted

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 11:08 AM

If that's true, then Kiffin will be announced as Auburn's coach any minute now. If he's not, then he was never their number 1 target. Ole Miss ain't beating out auburn for a coach.

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 11:15 AM
If that's true, then Kiffin will be announced as Auburn's coach any minute now. If he's not, then he was never their number 1 target. Ole Miss ain't beating out auburn for a coach.

You are confusing being the #1 target (and he was their #1 target) and reaching an agreement that both parties are comfortable with. That's 2 totally different things.

I think the Jimbo factor is coming into play with contract terms. Made schools really look closer at slam dunk home run hires IF they don't pan out.

WinningIsRelentless
11-27-2022, 11:57 AM
You are confusing being the #1 target (and he was their #1 target) and reaching an agreement that both parties are comfortable with. That's 2 totally different things.

I think the Jimbo factor is coming into play with contract terms. Made schools really look closer at slam dunk home run hires IF they don't pan out.

And Mel Tucker. Not sexton clients.

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 12:00 PM
And Mel Tucker. Not sexton clients.

Yes and Mel Tucker. Jimbo is a Sexton client but not Tucker

confucius say
11-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Auburn made it close
AM had a shot
Arky was a blood bath

Ok ... Merry Christmas

Exactly. And I love Will, but leach is doing it without a playmaker at QB. Going 8-4 with a guy who is not mobile and has D2 arm strength is impressive (he is normally very accurate though).

Leroy Jenkins
11-27-2022, 05:18 PM
This thread title is very misleading.

CaptainObvious
11-27-2022, 05:23 PM
Our defense definitely won that game. They shut our offense down also... we've now gone 5 straight sec games with less than 400 total yards with a veteran offensive team. This is why I'm disappointed with leach (offense), but we are 8-4, so that can't be discounted

Arnett is 8-4. Leach is just along for the ride.😎😎

Commercecomet24
11-27-2022, 05:25 PM
Auburn made it close
AM had a shot
Arky was a blood bath

Ok ... Merry Christmas

This is awesome and completely accurate!

starkvegasdawg
11-27-2022, 05:30 PM
Do I assume pen has yet to officially meet paper yet?

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 05:38 PM

Kiffin was No.1 .......The Auburn people and the national media said he was. Kiffin 1A and Freeze 1B and now both are out, Auburn didn't think Kiffin was worth as much as OM thought he was. If Auburn wanted Kiffin bad enough they could outbid OM big time but they didn't. Probably the main reason Freeze was that high on the list was because of him beating Bama. Seems to make a big difference over there.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 05:39 PM

Hasn't signed anything yet. Tick tock......

MagicDawg
11-27-2022, 05:39 PM

One would think there would be some official notice from the school to put the matter to rest. That hasn't happened. All the stories say "planning" or "expecting" or "intending."

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 05:41 PM
Kiffin was No.1 .......The Auburn people and the national media said he was. Kiffin 1A and Freeze 1B and now both are out, Auburn didn't think Kiffin was worth as much as OM thought he was. Probably the main reason Freeze was on the list was because of him beating Bama. Seems to make a big difference over there.

I certainly don't believe national media. They are totally clueless and are used as pawns. Only Auburn people I would believe are yellawood dude and folks like that. That's why I still believe they wanted Freeze as number 1. There looks to still be a bunch of baggage with him though.

TrapGame
11-27-2022, 06:08 PM
Hasn't signed anything yet. Tick tock......

He's been promising to sign this thing since Tuesday. He hasn't yet. It only takes a pen stroke and a quick pic for Twitter.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 06:27 PM
He's been promising to sign this thing since Tuesday. He hasn't yet. It only takes a pen stroke and a quick pic for Twitter.
He's gonna do this again next year too if he stays at ole miss. It's a lot of fun!!!!

Leroy Jenkins
11-27-2022, 06:30 PM
He's gonna do this again next year too if he stays at ole miss. It's a lot of fun!!!!

I think he knows this year is his shot. The schedule gets tougher for him next year.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 06:31 PM

Maybe they found it was dangerous to have any type of writing instrument on the OM campus and all writing instruments (pens) have been confiscated. Only logical reason I can think of. :D

PikeDawg15
11-27-2022, 06:33 PM
Im not counting out Lane to Auburn until Auburn hires a head coach

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 06:36 PM

Yep. And at this point it would be so hilarious.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 06:40 PM

Could be but I think his ship has sunk with Auburn. Would be funny though because OM won't hire Freeze again either.

LC Dawg
11-27-2022, 06:54 PM
Probably the main reason Freeze was that high on the list was because of him beating Bama. Seems to make a big difference over there.

It makes a big difference everywhere. Compare Kiffin's postgame press conference after Bama to his other 3 losses. He was pissed after that game and his normal subdued self after the other 3. He knew that was his money game. He knew big time programs would overlook his immature shortcomings and go all in on him if he could beat Bama at Ole Miss.
If Freeze wasn't a sexual deviant there is no telling how much money he'd be making now.

RocketDawg
11-27-2022, 08:07 PM

How do we know that he hasn't signed? Is it because it hasn't been announced by the university?

BeardoMSU
11-27-2022, 08:21 PM
How do we know that he hasn't signed? Is it because it hasn't been announced by the university?

Yes. There would be a social media blitz from them. Lane Train, Come to the Sip, transfer to the Sip, etc. It'd be everywhere.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 08:25 PM
Yes. There would be a social media blitz from them. Lane Train, Come to the Sip, transfer to the Sip, etc. It'd be everywhere.

LOL It wold probably be televised live from OM on the SEC Network. :D

Mjoelner34
11-27-2022, 09:55 PM

Damn! I'm wearing out that rep button today.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2022, 10:16 PM

Om football on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter posts every little thing that goes on with football and they've posted absolutely zero about him signing

PGHBulldogBG
11-27-2022, 10:22 PM
This is a typical Cohen search. They clearly have no idea what they are doing or they would’ve announced a coach by today like most of the others did.

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 10:26 PM
This is a typical Cohen search. They clearly have no idea what they are doing or they would’ve announced a coach by today like most of the others did.

Eh, Auburn has been clusters long before Cohen. Long before. It's a perfect match actually. And the boosters are extremely involved and have caused lots of problems in the past.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 10:34 PM
Eh, Auburn has been clusters long before Cohen. Long before. It's a perfect match actually. And the boosters are extremely involved and have caused lots of problems in the past.

This is what I believe 100%.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2022, 11:10 PM

Extremely accurate post!

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 11:36 PM
I certainly don't believe national media. They are totally clueless and are used as pawns. Only Auburn people I would believe are yellawood dude and folks like that. That's why I still believe they wanted Freeze as number 1. There looks to still be a bunch of baggage with him though.

One thing we will know if Freeze is hired , they don't care that they have a split fan base. Whether that was leaked by the Athletic Department that they were talking to Freeze to gauge the fan base perspective, or if it got leaked some other way, some people were upset over it and the Athletic Department supposedly has received a bunch of emails saying they won't go to the games, support the program. etc. if Freeze is hired. If Freeze was originally No. 1, he would have been hired, probably after the Iron Bowl, because Freeze wants this job and Auburn could pay him a lot less money than Kiffin wanted. Sokoloff had said either Kiffin or Freeze should be named as the HC after the Iron Bowl , but several things happened where that didn't become a reality.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 11:40 PM
DELETE

RocketDawg
11-28-2022, 08:58 AM

I suppose he could do the two-hat trick like some of the recruits are wont to do. On national television.

TrapGame
11-28-2022, 09:07 AM
8:07 Monday November 28th 2022, still no signature on the extension.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2022, 09:17 AM
8:07 Monday November 28th 2022, still no signature on the extension.

Yeah. I think if we haven't heard anything by 10:00 am that means he's negotiating hard for that Auburn job!

confucius say
11-28-2022, 11:50 AM
It's not just auburn. Lane is going to let the cycle play out and see what else opens up. For example, if Lanning takes auburn then Oregon opens up. If Kelly leaves ucla, ucla opens up.

Pancho
11-28-2022, 11:52 AM
Boomer Sooner