PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss fans

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 11:24 AM
Ole Miss fans now look like total morons trying to spin this Freeze to Auburn news into excitement. I'm tripping out watching them all try online to make it out like Lane turned down Auburn and that they won the head coaching sweepstakes. Hahaha

So let me get this straight....

Kiffin was the GOAT to you guys when you were 8-3 (yes, 8-3) and had just been completely demolished by Arkansas. Yes the Arkansas that just lost to Mizzou. In fact, you were so scared you were going to lose the coach that got you to the incredible 8-3 record, that you nearly doubled his salary in a completely panic filled, desperate, financially irresponsible attempt to lure him away from Auburn, whom you had been told was after him hard.

THEN, Kiffin proceeds to get thumped by State, and you immediately start shitting on him and acting like you WANT him to go to Auburn because "he can't even beat sorry MSU"....yes, the MSU that has the same record as Kiffin and Ole Miss, and has now finished above them in all rankings, including the SEC. Saying things like "take him, Auburn...we don't want his sorry ass anymore", etc.

NOW, you find out that Auburn is not hiring your guy, but instead is hiring a guy that actually has the Substance on his resume, not just the flash. They are hiring a guy that has actually beaten Saban twice, which is their goal. And what do you dipshits do?? You start acting like the guy you've been calling a bag of shit the last two days, is now the GOAT again and that he "turned down Auburn for Ole Miss"...and now you are ELATED to retain a coach that went 8-4 with a loss to Mike Leach at home to end the year. A year in which you started 7-0, and finished 8-4, and 4th in the West behind MSU.

So to my State brethren, do not allow these imbeciles to act like they "expect more than 8-4" like they try to act like. No, no, no, no, no....QUITE the opposite actually....you Ole Miss clowns not only LOVE 8-4, you double coaches salaries for going 8-4 and getting whipped on your home field by State. THAT is Ole Miss. THAT is your "expectation". THAT is why you aren't shit, and will never be shit. THAT is why everyone in this State and in this conference laughs at you like the irrelevant pieces of arrogant shit that you are. Because in your bubble you matter...but to the outside world, you're nothing. You and A&M are the only SEC schools in 30 years that haven't made it to Atlanta. That's who you are. You're a program that is now 16-14 to State in your last 30. You are now behind us, all while thinking you're winning. And you're the only one in the room that doesn't realize YOU are the one everyone is snickering about.

Enjoy it. Nobody deserves it more.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 11:27 AM
Kiffin staying and freeze coming to auburn is crap for us. Oh well, we got the egg. Cheers

Homedawg
11-26-2022, 11:29 AM
Kiffin staying and freeze coming to auburn is crap for us. Oh well, we got the egg. Cheers

^this

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2022, 11:38 AM
I just don't see Freeze being any different from Chizik or Malzhan. Same essential offense. Same boosters dictating everything. It may get them a title, and turn around and blow up the following year.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 11:39 AM
I agree worst case for us was both of them being in the West. Sucks

But doesn't change the fact that Ole Miss just ponied up $9 mil per year for a guy that went 8-4 and lost to us, a team whose fans are split on wanting him to retire bc they're sick of his offense.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 11:41 AM
I just don't see Freeze being any different from Chizik or Malzhan. Same essential offense. Same boosters dictating everything. It may get them a title, and turn around and blow up the following year.

Freeze wins everywhere he goes. He actually has a much better track record on the field than Kiffin by a long shot. If you're simply looking a head coaching resume

msstate7
11-26-2022, 11:41 AM

Chizik and malzahn took them to a natty (1 win, 1 loss). I think they'd take that

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 11:43 AM
In a perfect world, Auburn would have hired Kiffin and Ole Miss ends up with Lebby or someone that is a coordinator. Worst case was Kiffin AND Freeze being in the West, bc Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year. And we'll have to hope Kiffin's lack of commitment continues to linger and hurt Ole Miss.

dawgday166
11-26-2022, 11:44 AM

He's about the same as Malzhan IMO. Freeze is a great underdog coach but he also has the WTF losses to go along with that too.

dawgday166
11-26-2022, 11:46 AM
Chizik and malzahn took them to a natty (1 win, 1 loss). I think they'd take that

Malzahn kinda hit lightening in a bottle in his time in title game. Not sure why he got away from that offensive formula tho.

ETA: He got lucky in that GA game that year. Now Freeze gonna have to deal with Kirby.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2022, 11:46 AM

And they fired both coaches - so no it wasn't enough for them. Freeze could bring them a Natty, and then be fired two years later. Their boosters can't stop meddling. They have destroyed every coach over the past 30 years because they don't win like Bear/Saban. Freeze falls right in line with their history and doesn't really change the dynamic.

was21
11-26-2022, 11:48 AM
Ole Miss fans now look like total morons trying to spin this Freeze to Auburn news into excitement. I'm tripping out watching them all try online to make it out like Lane turned down Auburn and that they won the head coaching sweepstakes. Hahaha

So let me get this straight....

Kiffin was the GOAT to you guys when you were 8-3 (yes, 8-3) and had just been completely demolished by Arkansas. Yes the Arkansas that just lost to Mizzou. In fact, you were so scared you were going to lose the coach that got you to the incredible 8-3 record, that you nearly doubled his salary in a completely panic filled, desperate, financially irresponsible attempt to lure him away from Auburn, whom you had been told was after him hard.

THEN, Kiffin proceeds to get thumped by State, and you immediately start shitting on him and acting like you WANT him to go to Auburn because "he can't even beat sorry MSU"....yes, the MSU that has the same record as Kiffin and Ole Miss, and has now finished above them in all rankings, including the SEC. Saying things like "take him, Auburn...we don't want his sorry ass anymore", etc.

NOW, you find out that Auburn is not hiring your guy, but instead is hiring a guy that actually has the Substance on his resume, not just the flash. They are hiring a guy that has actually beaten Saban twice, which is their goal. And what do you dipshits do?? You start acting like the guy you've been calling a bag of shit the last two days, is now the GOAT again and that he "turned down Auburn for Ole Miss"...and now you are ELATED to retain a coach that went 8-4 with a loss to Mike Leach at home to end the year. A year in which you started 7-0, and finished 8-4, and 4th in the West behind MSU.

So to my State brethren, do not allow these imbeciles to act like they "expect more than 8-4" like they try to act like. No, no, no, no, no....QUITE the opposite actually....you Ole Miss clowns not only LOVE 8-4, you double coaches salaries for going 8-4 and getting whipped on your home field by State. THAT is Ole Miss. THAT is your "expectation". THAT is why you aren't shit, and will never be shit. THAT is why everyone in this State and in this conference laughs at you like the irrelevant pieces of arrogant shit that you are. Because in your bubble you matter...but to the outside world, you're nothing. You and A&M are the only SEC schools in 30 years that haven't made it to Atlanta. That's who you are. You're a program that is now 16-14 to State in your last 30. You are now behind us, all while thinking you're winning. And you're the only one in the room that doesn't realize YOU are the one everyone is snickering about.

Enjoy it. Nobody deserves it more.

Yep...nailed it

msstate7
11-26-2022, 11:49 AM
And they fired both coaches - so no it wasn't enough for them. Freeze could bring them a Natty, and then be fired two years later. Their boosters can't stop meddling. They have destroyed every coach over the past 30 years because they don't win like Bear/Saban. Freeze falls right in line with their history and doesn't really change the dynamic.

Auburn always seems to go from mountain to valley. They can't maintain any consistency, but I'd trade our consistency for their highs any day

HoopsDawg
11-26-2022, 11:49 AM
In a perfect world, Auburn would have hired Kiffin and Ole Miss ends up with Lebby or someone that is a coordinator. Worst case was Kiffin AND Freeze being in the West, bc Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year. And we'll have to hope Kiffin's lack of commitment continues to linger and hurt Ole Miss.

There's not going to be a West anymore. But point remains, this is not good news for MSU. OM would have most likely downgraded their head coach. And Freeze will do whatever it takes at AU.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 11:50 AM
Malzahn kinda hit lightening in a bottle in his time in title game. Not sure why he got away from that offensive formula tho.

ETA: He got lucky in that GA game that year. Now Freeze gonna have to deal with Kirby.

And we gotta deal with freeze. Freeze will have that offense rolling next season

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 11:50 AM
How does Freeze's wife and family not talk him out of rejoining the SEC after everything he put them through? Especially if he can make $5+ mil per year at Liberty until the end of time if he wants. I know the money is big and the stage is huge....but man he went through some serious embarrassment and I can't imagine what his home life was like. I would want no part of that shit again, and I guarantee my wife wouldn't. Money ain't everything in life...especially when you already have a ton like he does

msstate7
11-26-2022, 11:54 AM
How does Freeze's wife and family not talk him out of rejoining the SEC after everything he put them through? Especially if he can make $5+ mil per year at Liberty until the end of time if he wants. I know the money is big and the stage is huge....but man he went through some serious embarrassment and I can't imagine what his home life was like. I would want no part of that shit again, and I guarantee my wife wouldn't. Money ain't everything in life...especially when you already have a ton like he does

That dude don't give a frick about his wife haha. He cares about him and winning, and he'll do whatever it takes to make him happy and him win. Him and auburn are a perfect match

revdrdawg
11-26-2022, 11:55 AM

No, Auburn was due to get a decent coach anyway. And if Freeze doesn't beat Bama, he will not last.

Lane has 1) proved he is beatable, 2) shown OM that he is always looking, 3) gotten a salary that will put him more under the microscope, 4) pissed people off with terrible Egg Bowl coaching, and 5) going to leave the next chance he gets.

This is not worst case for us.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 11:58 AM
No, Auburn was due to get a decent coach anyway. And if Freeze doesn't beat Bama, he will not last.

Lane has 1) proved he is beatable, 2) shown OM that he is always looking, 3) gotten a salary that will put him more under the microscope, 4) pissed people off with terrible Egg Bowl coaching, and 5) going to leave the next chance he gets.

Freeze has done quite well against bama, and now he has more resources

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 12:00 PM
Freeze may have timed it perfectly if Saban retires in a few years. Auburn could be in prime position to leap

RocketDawg
11-26-2022, 12:01 PM

Yeah, I don't see anything good about it for our coming seasons.

PGHBulldogBG
11-26-2022, 12:18 PM
We really need to step up our recruiting even if we want to continue having 8-4 seasons. If Auburn hires Freeze they are about to bounce back. I was kind of hoping Kiffin would go there because I think Freeze is a little stronger in recruiting and coaching. Kiffin is still a good coach and having him at Ole Miss is going to be challenging. Kelly is really looking like he is going to have LSU at the top. Hopefully A&M continues to hang onto Jimbo, but we know that won’t happen unless they win 9 or more games next year.

basedog
11-26-2022, 12:18 PM
We've beaten both now, it's the Bama's and LSU's that aren't good for us.

RocketDawg
11-26-2022, 12:20 PM
We really need to step up our recruiting even if we want to continue having 8-4 seasons. If Auburn hires Freeze they are about to bounce back. I was kind of hoping Kiffin would go there because I think Freeze is a little stronger in recruiting and coaching. Kiffin is still a good coach and having him at Ole Miss is going to be challenging. Kelly is really looking like he is going to have LSU at the top. Hopefully A&M continues to hang onto Jimbo, but we know that won’t happen unless they win 9 or more games next year.

The West, as the divisions stand now, will be a lot tougher if Freeze steps into Auburn.

662dawg
11-26-2022, 12:20 PM

Imagine being terrified of Lane Kiffin who's best win is against Kentucky at home & lost 4 of his last 5 games including 3 in a row & Hugh Freeze who just lost to UConn & a terrible Virginia Tech team in back to back weeks bahaha

You guys kill me.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 12:24 PM
Imagine being terrified of Lane Kiffin who's best win is against Kentucky at home & lost 4 of his last 5 games including 3 in a row & Hugh Freeze who just lost to UConn & a terrible Virginia Tech team in back to back weeks bahaha

You guys kill me.

Well, we finally beat him, so I guess he sucks now

SailingDawg
11-26-2022, 12:26 PM

It's all a part of The Grift (https://www.barstoolbets.com/blogs/1018008/for-a-low-price-of-3250-hugh-freeze-will-teach-you-how-to-bounce-back-at-a-faith-based-retreat).

TrapGame
11-26-2022, 12:35 PM
Man, these powder blue tears taste pretty good.

The Lane group fellatio needs to stop though.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 12:38 PM

But doesn't change the fact that Ole Miss just ponied up $9 mil per year for a guy that went 8-4 and lost to us, a team whose fans are split on wanting him to retire bc they're sick of his offense.

I think some at OM are sick of his immaturity and how he has handled this situation and turned it into an embarrassing clown show. But Sexton and Kiffin got what they wanted out of OM. OM athletic department had pretty much given Kiffin everything he asked for prior to this.

662dawg
11-26-2022, 12:38 PM

No where did I say either of them sucked, although you'd think Lane is the next Bear Bryant according to some on here. But to be scared of them? I can't stop laughing. Lane is more likely to be the next Jimbo Fisher lite than the next savior of a college football program.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 12:55 PM
No where did I say either of them sucked, although you'd think Lane is the next Bear Bryant according to some on here. But to be scared of them? I can't stop laughing. Lane is more likely to be the next Jimbo Fisher lite than the next savior of a college football program.

Lane is a damn good coach. If they had to replace him, it's very like they downgrade. It is in our best interest for them to lose him. You can throw the extreme exaggerations around however you like

Bdawg
11-26-2022, 01:00 PM

This is how I see it too. OM about to go through Mullen years like us. Job shopping and pissing away games at the end of the year when rumors start flying!! It?s beautiful. I really hope Leach can tweak his offense and improve and we have some stability through the coach carousel that happens every year.

Bdawg
11-26-2022, 01:03 PM

Does Freeze really recruit well without hookers? Dan whipped OM’s ass 3 in a row and the OM went crazy with Freeze and recruiting antics. Then he got canned. Does John let the hookers come to AU?

662dawg
11-26-2022, 01:05 PM
Lane is a damn good coach. If they had to replace him, it's very like they downgrade. It is in our best interest for them to lose him. You can throw the extreme exaggerations around however you like

I see him as a decent coach, nothing special. I'm damn sure not terrified of him being in Oxford. He "almost" won all the games he was supposed to on his schedule this year. Almost.

Bdawg
11-26-2022, 01:07 PM

Lane started off his OM tenure with a better team and QB. Leach desperately needed this win. Leach has to improve his offense goi g forward. It’s why we brought him here. But fawning over Lane is something I will not do. He is good coach and play caller but not the Savior.

99jc
11-26-2022, 01:07 PM
I will never respect any school that hires freeze...he should be in prison for god's sake. he was 17ing hookers probably some underage and bringing them to his players. liberal 17ers can spin this any way they want he was a pimp at the least and if he was engaged in sexual acts with minors, we all know what that is. he is a creep and a self righteous piece of shit.

662dawg
11-26-2022, 01:09 PM
This is how I see it too. OM about to go through Mullen years like us. Job shopping and pissing away games at the end of the year when rumors start flying!! It?s beautiful. I really hope Leach can tweak his offense and improve and we have some stability through the coach carousel that happens every year.

Lane will be lucky to win 6-7 games next year. I don't think other schools are going to come calling as much. This was his year to get out & I think Auburn had second thoughts so they moved on. I don't blame them.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 01:09 PM

Yeah. I don't understand the woe is State mentality around here. Auburn will always be auburn. They gonna make a good hire that will be great a few years then get fired for not meeting expectations. Lane hasn't proven anything to me yet. He walked into a team with an NFL QB then this year he had the easiest schedule in the SEC. He has been figured out by other coaches also. They'll be a 6-6 to 7-5 team next year. Kiffin shouldn't scare anyone. And now half the boosters there are not gonna like him at all.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 01:10 PM

It's embarrassing. Time will show what Kiffin is. The same he's always been.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 01:12 PM

There it is. The kiss of death for Kiffin. He's the next Jimbo now.
Lol. I'm just messing with you!!
I certainly don't think Kiffin is great though.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 01:14 PM
I see him as a decent coach, nothing special. I'm damn sure not terrified of him being in Oxford. He "almost" won all the games he was supposed to on his schedule this year. Almost.

Even after this loss, he's 23-12 (.658) and 14-10 in sec (.583). That's really damn good for them now a days and it would be great for us also

Vandownbytheriver
11-26-2022, 01:15 PM
There it is. The kiss of death for Kiffin. He's the next Jimbo now.
Lol. I'm just messing with you!!
I certainly don't think Kiffin is great though.

He's consistent in telling us how much better OM is at life than we are. Death, taxes, 7 loving something in Oxford.

Bdawg
11-26-2022, 01:16 PM
I will never respect any school that hires freeze...he should be in prison for god's sake. he was 17ing hookers probably some underage and bringing them to his players. liberal 17ers can spin this any way they want he was a pimp at the least and if he was engaged in sexual acts with minors, we all know what that is. he is a creep and a self righteous piece of shit.

Got that right. All while peddling his Christian faith. I am a Christian i believe God can change anyone but that man was/still is lost if he thinks what he was doing was ok.

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 01:17 PM

Lane Kiffin appears to be the next Lane Kiffin. Or really he's just the same.

They'll go through this again next year unless he pisses off too many people and they just fire him.

Pancho
11-26-2022, 01:19 PM
Lane will go 6-6 or at best 7-5 next year. what'll they think of him then?

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-26-2022, 01:20 PM
I was worried about Kiffin to Auburn and Rhule to Ole Miss. That would have sucked.

msstate7
He's consistent in telling us how much better OM is at life than we are. Death, taxes, 7 loving something in Oxford.

Ok, so the beginning of the week, lane leaving was the greatest thing ever here, and now it's ok he's staying bc he isn't that good. What changed? I still want him gone bc he's good. One loss doesn't change that... I'm not a prisoner of the moment like you guys. He's still 2-1 vs us, and the difference in the game Thursday was a failed 2-pt conversion

Vandownbytheriver
Lane Kiffin appears to be the next Lane Kiffin. Or really he's just the same.

They'll go through this again next year unless he pisses off too many people and they just fire him.

He's going to be their Dan Mullen every year until he eventually leaves. I know his daughter is in Oxford with him and enrolled at Ole Miss, so maybe family will play some part. Knox seems to really like Oxford as well. If Knox ends up in Oxford with him full time I'll believe he's there for awhile.

Edited to add: daughter is at OHS and enrolled at Ole Miss after she graduates.

sack07
Even after this loss, he's 23-12 (.658) and 14-10 in sec (.583). That's really damn good for them now a days and it would be great for us also

Even greater for us would be to have Vandy on the yearly schedule.

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 01:23 PM
Ok, so the beginning of the week, lane leaving was the greatest thing ever here, and now it's ok he's staying bc he isn't that good. What changed? I still want him gone bc he's good. One loss doesn't change that... I'm not a prisoner of the moment like you guys. He's still 2-1 vs us, and the difference in the game Thursday was a failed 2-pt conversion

Either way this ends the same for Ole Miss and Kiffin. It's just a matter of now or next year and it's looking more like next year.

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 01:24 PM
He's going to be their Dan Mullen every year until he eventually leaves. I know his daughter is in Oxford with him and enrolled at Ole Miss, so maybe family will play some part. Knox seems to really like Oxford as well. If Knox ends up in Oxford with him full time I'll believe he's there for awhile.

He is their Dan Mullen. I'm not sure that Kiffin will have a choice if he continues his antics.

The difference is MSU is patient and willing to put up with more. Ole Miss isn't- which is obvious now.

Vandownbytheriver
11-26-2022, 01:25 PM

He's a good coach, not great. And his attitude and narcissistic behavior will hold him back. He will be like Dan and have that one good season where they surprise people, but he won't win 10 games a year or compete for titles. My point was you tend to over estimate what they do in Oxford a lot. Last week they were an offensive juggernaut and talent wise light years ahead of us. That simply was not true. I've said it all
Year long. They were a product of a very weak early schedule and Dart isn't to the point where he can take over a game throwing the ball just yet. It's possible for both teams to just be okay, but when they beat Vandy or A&M they were some sort of juggernaut. They are us with a different scheme. If it's clicking they are good. If not, it's Arkansas and the Egg Bowl.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 01:26 PM
Either way this ends the same for Ole Miss and Kiffin. It's just a matter of now or next year and it's looking more like next year.

I agree with that. I just think it's ridiculous to celebrate him leaving 2 days ago, and now celebrating him staying

Biguglyjoe
11-26-2022, 01:26 PM

Nm

Biguglyjoe
11-26-2022, 01:30 PM

It wasn't one loss, it was four losses out of the last five once his schedule involved teams with a pulse.

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 01:31 PM
I agree with that. I just think it's ridiculous to celebrate him leaving 2 days ago, and now celebrating him staying

I thought this was about laughing at Ole Miss fans who were bashing him yesterday acting like they are so happy now?

At any rate I do think that him leaving now would cause more turmoil for Ole Miss. At the same time bridges have been burned and him coming back while it isn't "the best" thing for us it doesn't mean it's bad either.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 01:32 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/tTGpMCj3/887-B1749-E908-462-E-A105-5-A212-A51-DB3-D.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Ty0zyxh1)

BankerDog

And the difference in 2020 was a true freshman team and our now captain Austin Williams fumbling it on the one yard line going in that was a scoop and score.

Last year the difference was a overthrown ball to either Polk or Heath and then three consecutive drop passes by Marks (2) and Tulu that would?ve resulted in the lead before halftime and probably decided the game.

But go on and tell us all how great Jimbo and Kiffin are.

Tripp McNeely

You guys kill me.

Weird question...but how does the daughter not live with mom?? Is she that bad of a mother?? Having spent a VERY brief time as a family lawyer, the mom has to have some major issues not to get the kids.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 01:33 PM

If our QB plays a C game instead of an F game we blow them out. We'll beat them next year and he'll be 2-2 against his rival on top of a 6-6 or 7-5 season. Then what?

msstate7
It wasn't one loss, it was four losses out of the last five once his schedule involved teams with a pulse.

Funny I thought we were celebrating him leaving on Monday night after the wcbi report. They lose a lot this week I suppose

Vandownbytheriver
https://i.postimg.cc/tTGpMCj3/887-B1749-E908-462-E-A105-5-A212-A51-DB3-D.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Ty0zyxh1)

Good to see you rooting for us for a change****

Vandownbytheriver
11-26-2022, 01:34 PM
Weird question...but how does the daughter not live with mom?? Is she that bad of a mother?? Having spent a VERY brief time as a family lawyer, the mom has to have some major issues not to get the kids.

She's old enough to decide which parent she wants to live with. As long as the dad isn't complete piece of trash, the judge will take that into consideration.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2022, 01:34 PM

And you accused me of having a loser attitude. Jesus Christ dude...

Tater
11-26-2022, 01:40 PM

2 Days ago it was thought around these parts he couldn't be beaten for the Golden Egg.

The narrative changed with new information and we saw him bleed.

It's in no way ridiculous. We celebrated OM being in turmoil heading up to the Egg Bowl. We now are celebrating continued turmoil and the fact that we beat him means we don't mind them keeping him. We would not be celebrating him staying had we lost.

mo7888
11-26-2022, 01:44 PM

Interesting that you think the determining factor was a failed 2 point conversion instead of a fumble on the goal line....

dawgoneyall
11-26-2022, 01:45 PM
Slow clap.....

Vandownbytheriver
11-26-2022, 01:50 PM
Interesting that you think the determining factor was a failed 2 point conversion instead of a fumble on the goal line....

Or a missed spot on the replay where DJ was at the inch line and not one. Or probably in the end zone.

Bulldog1
11-26-2022, 01:53 PM

This 100%.

Saban
Freeze
Kiffin
Kelly

And we have... Mike Leach

msstate7
11-26-2022, 01:55 PM

Or them converting in the red zone. There a ton of things that coulda changed the game good or bad for us, but the 2-pt play was at the end. It woulda sent it to OT where either team coulda won.

Tater
11-26-2022, 01:57 PM
Or them converting in the red zone. There a ton of things that coulda changed the game good or bad for us, but the 2-pt play was at the end. It woulda sent it to OT where either team coulda won.

We had a timeout and a minute+ left.

We would have easily driven down the field for the go ahead field goal. (Just look at the end of the half drive) And to this point, Biscardi had earned faith that he would hit it to win after hitting 3 in a row versus Auburn.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 01:59 PM
We had a timeout and a minute+ left.

We would have easily driven down the field for the go ahead field goal. (Just look at the end of the half drive) And to this point, Biscardi had earned faith that he would hit it to win after hitting 3 in a row versus Auburn.

Sure we could have. How much did leach trust will to throw in the 2nd half again? It just as easily coulda been another will fumble

mo7888
11-26-2022, 02:02 PM

Yes there were a ton of plays on each side that if it jad gone the other way could have won it for that team... that's for certain..

Tater
11-26-2022, 02:05 PM
Sure we could have. How much did leach trust will to throw in the 2nd half again? It just as easily coulda been another will fumble

Point is that makes it two ifs away from us not winning in regulation. Not one. One you get leniency. Two, just accept the L.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 02:05 PM

I think it's some posters wanting him to leave and others wanting him to go. Or it's just that people love the turmoil that they are in now. They were losing their coach but now they hate him and are adding $2 million per year to his salary.

msstate7
11-26-2022, 02:07 PM
I think it's some posters wanting him to leave and others wanting him to go. Or it's just that people love the turmoil that they are in now. They were losing their coach but now they hate him and are adding $2 million per year to his salary.

And how much to their NIL?

Tater
11-26-2022, 02:11 PM

Not as much as Jimbo.

Also without good culture, that NIL is causing some friction in the locker rooms. A&M is the best example of how it can go wrong managing people making money and other making pennies. Given how Lane has fumbled this past month and especially week... I can see this happening to them.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 02:14 PM
And the difference in 2020 was a true freshman team and our now captain Austin Williams fumbling it on the one yard line going in that was a scoop and score.

Last year the difference was a overthrown ball to either Polk or Heath and then three consecutive drop passes by Marks (2) and Tulu that would?ve resulted in the lead before halftime and probably decided the game.

But go on and tell us all how great Jimbo and Kiffin are.

Yes. Last year was a total fluke they beat us. We dropped those 3 easy TD passes. We should have been up by an insurmountable margin at the half.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 02:15 PM

Maybe not as much now. Who knows? Those things aren't being reported accurately at all. People are just spewing shit to make others believe.

Percho
11-26-2022, 02:16 PM
In your eyes, every pasture in the world is greener than the pasture at Starkville.

Every pasture.

Ranchdawg
11-26-2022, 02:28 PM
To me what is totally hilarious Ole Miss is now forced to pay a coach $9mil that just lost to their biggest rival whether they admit or not. And a coach that is now was actively looking to get the heck out of oxfart. And that will have a severe schedule change next year.

Yes ole miss has money but not the kind of money to play money wars for coaches with the AU TAM Bama LSU GA TN. It?s glorious to watch.

One more thing I?ve heard from ole Miss fans ad nauseam that this was a rebuild year and that Kiffin had the best transfers of anybody in the country. What ever you just lost yet again.

RisperDawg
11-26-2022, 02:29 PM
It's not a hard concept. Whether he leaves or not; a week of rumors, circle speak on his part, and then losing the egg bowl makes a better situation for us.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2022, 02:44 PM
I'll give it to ol lane he knows how to play the game and get paid! He played om and auburn like a fiddle, acted like an immature child all week on social media and to the media, whined like a punk after the egg bowl and now om is overpaying a coach who lost 4 of his last 5 games and who's juggernaut offense was shutdown by our little ol defense. Well played, sir!

ETA if Leach did all this, the board would be in a melt so big it'd never recover!

Percho
11-26-2022, 02:55 PM

Pastures?

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 02:56 PM
Lane will be lucky to win 6-7 games next year. I don't think other schools are going to come calling as much. This was his year to get out & I think Auburn had second thoughts so they moved on. I don't blame them.

Don't start this. Ole Miss returns a lot next year and Kiffin is a good coach. They will be solid next year. This is the stuff that some of our fan base starts with every year and makes them look better than they are and makes us look dumb. Hell, I'd rather us all act like he sucks if they can't win 11 next year with all they have coming back. That way when they fall short we can make fun of em.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 03:01 PM
And you accused me of having a loser attitude. Jesus Christ dude...

I'm just realistic. Freeze had a better program than us at Ole Miss, so he will most assuredly have a better one at a place with more resources. It is what it is. Hope I'm wrong, but a good coach at a good program is not typically a failure

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 03:06 PM
I'm just realistic. Freeze had a better program than us at Ole Miss, so he will most assuredly have a better one at a place with more resources. It is what it is. Hope I'm wrong, but a good coach at a good program is not typically a failure

But you can't leave out that he cheated his ass off to achieve that better program than us. I mean, cheating on an unheard of level. So bad the SEC has swept it under the rug.
I agree at auburn he'll have a ton of talent, but he'll be competing on a level playing field because of NIL.
And we're most likely not going to be playing auburn every year anyway.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2022, 03:09 PM

Since 2012, we are 8-8 against Auburn and Hugh Freeze combined. I bet we'll still be fine against them. Even if we slip below .500, I'm not writing off every single game.

SailingDawg
11-26-2022, 03:10 PM
But you can't leave out that he cheated his ass off to achieve that better program than us. I mean, cheating on an unheard of level. So bad the SEC has swept it under the rug.
I agree at auburn he'll have a ton of talent, but he'll be competing on a level playing field because of NIL.

But the NCAA wrote a stern letter to om about the historic and unprecedented level of cheating going on at their U. Too bad they don't have several Nattys across several sports to show for it.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 03:13 PM

True, but now cheating is legal

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 03:15 PM
Since 2012, we are 8-8 against Auburn and Hugh Freeze combined. I bet we'll still be fine against them. Even if we slip below .500, I'm not writing off every single game.

Who said I was writing off games? I just said they will likely have a better program. Hopefully not. Freeze plus Auburn looks like it should equal success on paper. But that's why they play the games. Much like Ole Miss looked like they should have clobbered us Thursday on paper but didn't. I'm glad, just like I'll be glad if Hugh falls on his faux face

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 03:17 PM
True, but now cheating is legal

And that's why I think it'll all boil down to his coaching abilities now. Everyone cheats openly. People can outbid him. Not us obviously but he won't get the top receiver, OL, and DL in the country.

Quaoarsking
11-26-2022, 03:22 PM
Who said I was writing off games? I just said they will likely have a better program. Hopefully not. Freeze plus Auburn looks like it should equal success on paper. But that's why they play the games. Much like Ole Miss looked like they should have clobbered us Thursday on paper but didn't. I'm glad, just like I'll be glad if Hugh falls on his faux face

How else would we interpret "Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year." ?

msstate7
11-26-2022, 03:22 PM
And that's why I think it'll all boil down to his coaching abilities now. Everyone cheats openly. People can outbid him. Not us obviously but he won't get the top receiver, OL, and DL in the country.

Maybe. Auburn will pony up money... they tired of losing, and freeze is a hell of salesman

662dawg
11-26-2022, 03:23 PM
Don't start this. Ole Miss returns a lot next year and Kiffin is a good coach. They will be solid next year. This is the stuff that some of our fan base starts with every year and makes them look better than they are and makes us look dumb. Hell, I'd rather us all act like he sucks if they can't win 11 next year with all they have coming back. That way when they fall short we can make fun of em.

Fwiw I thought they were a 7-8 win team this year. Their schedule made sure of it. I didn't expect A&M to be as bad as they are though. I also don't think we'd beat them in Oxford being how bad we have played on the road this year. Some thought they would win 10 & with that schedule they might should have. But I get your point.

HoopsDawg
11-26-2022, 03:24 PM
Maybe. Auburn will pony up money... they tired of losing, and freeze is a hell of salesman

AU is not playing around. If they are going to hire Freeze, they are going all in.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 03:26 PM

True

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 03:26 PM

She forgave him years ago and even help lead retreats and special events on how to save marriages. The tour even game to one of our local churches and was heavily attended. This was before he got back into coaching.

SailingDawg
11-26-2022, 03:29 PM
She forgave him years ago and even help lead retreats and special events on how to save marriages. The tour even game to one of our local churches and was heavily attended. This was before he got back into coaching.

Snake Oil (https://www.barstoolbets.com/blogs/1018008/for-a-low-price-of-3250-hugh-freeze-will-teach-you-how-to-bounce-back-at-a-faith-based-retreat)

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 03:33 PM
How else would we interpret "Auburn will now most assuredly be ahead of us in the West rankings every year." ?

Interpret it like I said it. Don't put words in my mouth. Same way everyone should interpret anything. Pretty simple.

I also assume Bama and LSU will be ahead of us every year in the rankings....and they usually are. Doesn't mean I write off those games yearly.....well, maybe Bama ha

Tater
11-26-2022, 03:33 PM
Freeze was always buying the hookers for recruits lmao. Not for himself. That's why his wife and family don't care. You can pearl clutch this next statement all you want but sex sells. Testosterone fueled 17 year olds wanna go to a college with coeds that throw themselves at them. It is part of the package that colleges will sell.

Old Hugh just screwed up by ordering them on the company phone and having Rosebowl care enough to look. I'd be willing to bet if you looked at every P5 coach's phone records in 2012, you'd find more than Hugh calling up hookers for croots. He just had a rival that gave a shit to check.

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 03:35 PM

You guys kill me.

We just beat OM at their place, our OB had a terrible game, but our D totally shut down OM except for two drives. Sure we need to improve for 23. but we can continue to beat OM and AU! All ready, woe is me. Enjoy this for a minute or two. Do we have work to do? Hail Yeah!, but so do many other programs year to year. Hail State!

Dawgology
11-26-2022, 03:43 PM

In about 13 months there won?t be anymore SEC West

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 03:47 PM

Doesn't hurt winning % with those 3 virtually automatic wins that OM gets having vandy yearly. I'm looking forward to a new scheduling format with the arrival of OK and TX. Don't want bama another 117 years in a row! Hail State!

Leeshouldveflanked
11-26-2022, 03:47 PM
In about 13 months there won?t be anymore SEC West
It looks like Auburn and Ole Miss will be our permanent opponents tho.

99jc
11-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Freeze was always buying the hookers for recruits lmao. Not for himself. That's why his wife and family don't care. You can pearl clutch this next statement all you want but sex sells. Testosterone fueled 17 year olds wanna go to a college with coeds that throw themselves at them. It is part of the package that colleges will sell.

Old Hugh just screwed up by ordering them on the company phone and having Rosebowl care enough to look. I'd be willing to bet if you looked at every P5 coach's phone records in 2012, you'd find more than Hugh calling up hookers for croots. He just had a rival that gave a shit to check.

you really believe he wasn't 17ing hookers .....i have ocean front property in Kansas...just saying

Dawgology
11-26-2022, 03:49 PM

Interesting I figured it would be Ole Miss and Kentucky

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 03:50 PM

This was the narrative this time last year. Maroon. Beer. Goggles.

Dawgology
you really believe he wasn't 17ing hookers .....i have ocean front property in Kansas...just saying

He wasn’t. The kids he was recruiting were though I bet

RocketDawg

He was just testing the merchandise before purchasing for the team.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2022, 03:51 PM
Interesting I figured it would be Ole Miss and Kentucky

Nobody knows who it's gonna be outside of om. And it may only be the one.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 03:53 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/LsWTHZT2/31092-E68-23-E5-458-A-AFDB-04583781-E160.jpg (https://postimg.cc/2q4vGyMK)

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 03:55 PM
I'll give it to ol lane he knows how to play the game and get paid! He played om and auburn like a fiddle, acted like an immature child all week on social media and to the media, whined like a punk after the egg bowl and now om is overpaying a coach who lost 4 of his last 5 games and who's juggernaut offense was shutdown by our little ol defense. Well played, sir!

ETA if Leach did all this, the board would be in a melt so big it'd never recover!

He did not act like an immature child all week. He actually handled things pretty well despite false accusations.I don't understand your hate for Lane. The dude can coach. I would 100% trade leach for him today and anyone who says different doesn't want to win.
Before the season ever started, we were much better than them on paper. We are now all tickled to be 8-4 and their fans are upset with 8-4. It says a lot about our program vs. there's.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 03:56 PM

He went 8-4 with the easiest schedule in the conference. As many that predicted 7-5 for ole miss, there were at least that many predicting them to compete for the West. Lol. Right in the middle

msstate7
11-26-2022, 03:56 PM

I'll take that. Figured it would be bama and OM

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 03:57 PM

Kids can choose at about 14 or so in MS I think.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 03:57 PM
Nobody knows who it's gonna be outside of om. And it may only be the one.

Yeah. It won't be auburn. I'd bet money on that. Not interesting to anyone.

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 03:58 PM
2 Days ago it was thought around these parts he couldn't be beaten for the Golden Egg.

The narrative changed with new information and we saw him bleed.

It's in no way ridiculous. We celebrated OM being in turmoil heading up to the Egg Bowl. We now are celebrating continued turmoil and the fact that we beat him means we don't mind them keeping him. We would not be celebrating him staying had we lost.

Yep.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2022, 04:00 PM
He did not act like an immature child all week. He actually handled things pretty well despite false accusations.I don't understand your hate for Lane. The dude can coach. I would 100% trade leach for him today and anyone who says different doesn't want to win.
Before the season ever started, we were much better than them on paper. We are now all tickled to be 8-4 and their fans are upset with 8-4. It says a lot about our program vs. there's.

He's a good coach that's it. I dint understand your love for him either! And if you don't think he acted like an immature kid all week I can't help. Guess you have on your reb goggles.

He played om and auburn and got paid so there's that.

mo7888
11-26-2022, 04:03 PM

So much revisionist history on here today.... OM was preseason #22 in the AP and we were unranked so no....we weren't better on paper before the season...

Then Leach who was behind Kiffen on paper beats him...and you conclude that anyone who'd choose the guy who won 'just doesn't want to win'...

Do some of you even listen to yourselves before you drop this nonsense...

Tater
11-26-2022, 04:04 PM

We played Georgia and they played Vandy.

All it says is you don't know how to measure success. We won the Egg Bowl they didnt. Flip those two games and we're 9-3 while they're 7-5.

**** yea we're happier than them.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 04:05 PM

You are a Leach hater. All of your posts support that. You are also full of crap.

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 04:08 PM
Maybe not as much now. Who knows? Those things aren't being reported accurately at all. People are just spewing shit to make others believe.

Lot of that sudden increase may be pledges. Now are some of those people not happy with the turmoil, who knows? May go to pawn shops and redeem crystal chandeliers used to illuminate cold chicken fingers in the Grove rather than donate to their NIL.** Hail State!

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 04:09 PM
We played Georgia and they played Vandy.

All it says is you don't know how to measure success. We won the Egg Bowl they didnt. Flip those two games and we're 9-3 while they're 7-5.

**** yea we're happier than them.

This 100%. It's so easy to see if you use your head.

PikeDawg15
11-26-2022, 04:09 PM

I?m not reading all of this massive thread but,

A&M will be open very soon

Also, let?s get excited for our future because we beat them in oxford and should have beat them by 2 touchdowns if we didn?t have a bad QB who played like a walk on . And we still won

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 04:15 PM
All of this Kiffin and Freeze talk made me think about the future of the SEC, and where we are positioned in the future. Coaches 60 or older in the SEC....

Pittman
Leach
Saban
Kelly

Saban and Leach are nearing the end. I have a pretty good feeling Alabama is preparing for their next regime behind the scenes...may even have input from Saban. Just so they'll be prepared whenever he decides to hang it up. Are we preparing? We don't even have an AD.

Drinkwitz
Lea
Beamer
Sark
Kiffin
Napier
Heupel
Smart
Freeze

All those guys in their 30's or 40's. That's the future of the league. Meanwhile we will be trying to find someone to crack into this league (+Texas and OU), and replacing an Air Raid personnel with whatever we hire. I just feel like in typical fashion, State has set itself up for failure for the future in this new day in age of the SEC. Everyone else is posturing for position, and we brought in Jackie Sherrill 2.0. Maybe Leach can bring us Sherrill type results for a few years before passing the torch. But where do we go in the future?

Quaoarsking
11-26-2022, 04:20 PM
All of this Kiffin and Freeze talk made me think about the future of the SEC, and where we are positioned in the future. Coaches 60 or older in the SEC....

Pittman
Leach
Saban
Kelly

Saban and Leach are nearing the end. I have a pretty good feeling Alabama is preparing for their next regime behind the scenes...may even have input from Saban. Just so they'll be prepared whenever he decides to hang it up. Are we preparing? We don't even have an AD.

Drinkwitz
Lea
Beamer
Sark
Kiffin
Napier
Heupel
Smart
Freeze

All those guys in their 30's or 40's. That's the future of the league. Meanwhile we will be trying to find someone to crack into this league (+Texas and OU), and replacing an Air Raid personnel with whatever we hire. I just feel like in typical fashion, State has set itself up for failure for the future in this new day in age of the SEC. Everyone else is posturing for position, and we brought in Jackie Sherrill 2.0. Maybe Leach can bring us Sherrill type results for a few years before passing the torch. But where do we go in the future?

We get 7-10 more years out of Leach and then he passes the torch to one of his top assistants. (Spurrier Jr.? McBath? Will Rogers?)

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 04:23 PM
We get 7-10 more years out of Leach and then he passes the torch to one of his top assistants. (Spurrier Jr.? McBath? Will Rogers?)

If I have to watch the offense I've seen so far for 7-10 more years, I'll be dead of heart failure from being pissed....so it won't be my discussion anymore. And then MORE air raid? Lord have mercy I hope that isn't our game plan.

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 04:23 PM

Auburn will get bama and GA. They might not want us as competitive as we have been with them the last few years.

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 04:24 PM

Pittman
Leach
Saban
Kelly

Drinkwitz
Lea
Beamer
Sark
Kiffin
Napier
Heupel
Smart
Freeze

All those guys in their 30's or 40's. That's the future of the league. Meanwhile we will be trying to find someone to crack into this league (+Texas and OU), and replacing an Air Raid personnel with whatever we hire. I just feel like in typical fashion, State has set itself up for failure for the future in this new day and heage of the SEC. Everyone else is posturing for position, and we brought in Jackie Sherrill 2.0. Maybe Leach can bring us Sherrill type results for a few years before passing the torch. But where do we go in the future?

The difference is Leach has a massive coaching tree we can tap into when he does leave. We also have more coaches out there with MSU ties in general. Like Judge and Godwin at Clemson.

Tater
11-26-2022, 04:25 PM
If I have to watch the offense I've seen so far for 7-10 more years, I'll be dead of heart failure from being pissed....so it won't be my discussion anymore. And then MORE air raid? Lord have mercy I hope that isn't our game plan.

Actual Air Raid and not Will Rogers Air Raid is the future of the program.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2022, 04:28 PM
Actual Air Raid and not Will Rogers Air Raid is the future of the program.

How many more years before Leach can find a QB then? I'm told next year is more Rogers, so at what point does the $5 million dollar man have to actually get the F'ing QB that can make the offense tick?

Wish I could get paid $5 mil a year to tell people in 5 years I'll have my offense, probably.

dotcomdawg
11-26-2022, 04:33 PM
Drinkwitz
Lea
Beamer
Sark
Kiffin
Napier
Heupel
Smart
Freeze

THEIR AGE DOESN'T REALLY MATTER. HALF OF THEM WILL BE GONE IN THREE YEARS OR SO.

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 04:53 PM
So much revisionist history on here today.... OM was preseason #22 in the AP and we were unranked so no....we weren't better on paper before the season...

Then Leach who was behind Kiffen on paper beats him...and you conclude that anyone who'd choose the guy who won 'just doesn't want to win'...

Do some of you even listen to yourselves before you drop this nonsense...

We had the most returning experience in the freaking league. All their ranking nonsense was based purely on hype. That he created. On paper. We were better. They didn't lose to Kentucky.

BuckyIsAB****
11-26-2022, 04:54 PM
I think it?s 15-15 in the last 30 but other than that agree. There is no other school organization or club that I despise more with every fiber of my being than them. We should be better than 15-15 against them in the last 30

99jc
11-26-2022, 04:58 PM

it is not the air raid its the QB running it. i am telling you if we get a QB that can run and throw we will be a beast. we will go 9-4 this year with a bad QB just be patient.

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 05:00 PM
He's a good coach that's it. I dint understand your love for him either! And if you don't think he acted like an immature kid all week I can't help. Guess you have on your reb goggles.

He played om and auburn and got paid so there's that.

I respect you about as much as anybody on this board. I don't have reb glasses on and you know it. Nobody dislikes that bunch up there more than I do nor has reason too. I have multiple brothers/cousins that played SEC ball in this state and I got as manny stories as anyone on that classless fanbase. That's why I hate that they landed him and he has matured into a decent human. He has overachieved there by massive amounts and that ignorant fanbase doesn't even see it. Most of them actually want him gone now. Collectively, he is good for this state but I just wish we had him or someone with that type of energy and ability to maximize talent and potential. He is actually a class act to the state players that I'm aware of. And I respect him for that.

Pancho
11-26-2022, 05:01 PM
ASAP. spoy on 99jc

R2Dawg
11-26-2022, 05:11 PM

There will be very few fans watching this O in 7-10 years. They'll have to do an NIL for the fans to even show up.

mo7888
11-26-2022, 05:13 PM
We had the most returning experience in the freaking league. All their ranking nonsense was based purely on hype. That he created. On paper. We were better. They didn't lose to Kentucky.

So everybody else has them better on paper...but your astute Judgment says otherwise so we'll just run with that.... lol

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 05:25 PM
So everybody else has them better on paper...but your astute Judgment says otherwise so we'll just run with that.... lol

Most of this board at game time thought they were going to lose to Georgia tech, auburn, and Kentucky.

662dawg
11-26-2022, 05:30 PM

Who could have foresaw A&M being horrible this year? They were preseason ranked like 6th. Most people chalked that up as a loss for OM. If they had even a pulse they would have beaten OM & like to have done it anyways with a true Freshman in his first start at QB.

Maybe you have Reb & blue beer goggles on?

They are exactly the team I thought they were all year. 7-8 win team with one of the easiest schedules in the country.

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 05:33 PM
Who could have foresaw A&M being horrible this year? They were preseason ranked like 6th. Most people chalked that up as a loss for OM. If they had even a pulse they would have beaten OM & like to have done it with a true Freshman in his first start at QB anyways.

Maybe you have Reb & blue beer goggles on?

They are exactly the team I thought they were all year. 7-8 win team with one of the easiest schedules in the country.

Dude don't make me go pull threads - literal pages long threads On how Lane was gonna be exposed this year due to losing both his coordinators And they probably wouldn't even make a bowl.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 05:34 PM
I respect you about as much as anybody on this board. I don't have reb glasses on and you know it. Nobody dislikes that bunch up there more than I do nor has reason too. I have multiple brothers/cousins that played SEC ball in this state and I got as manny stories as anyone on that classless fanbase. That's why I hate that they landed him and he has matured into a decent human. He has overachieved there by massive amounts and that ignorant fanbase doesn't even see it. Most of them actually want him gone now. Collectively, he is good for this state but I just wish we had him or someone with that type of energy and ability to maximize talent and potential. He is actually a class act to the state players that I'm aware of. And I respect him for that.

Lane has not matured one bit.
Lane grossly underperformed this year.

Dude, stop. You talk about your hatred for ole miss but it's gotten ugly for you.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 05:43 PM

Dude, stop. You talk about your hatred for ole miss but it's gotten ugly for you.

Kiffin is a grown child with clown shoes.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 05:45 PM

I agree 100% with CC. Maybe we don't understand your hate either for CML and all your continual bitching and griping about him. And you think Kiffin is mature with his trolling on the social media and the way he handled this situation. LOL Ask some OM people and see what they think.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 05:47 PM
Dude don't make me go pull threads - literal pages long threads On how Lane was gonna be exposed this year due to losing both his coordinators And they probably wouldn't even make a bowl.

Prove it. Pull the threads.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 05:47 PM
How many more years before Leach can find a QB then? I'm told next year is more Rogers, so at what point does the $5 million dollar man have to actually get the F'ing QB that can make the offense tick?

Wish I could get paid $5 mil a year to tell people in 5 years I'll have my offense, probably.

Because he?ll get another $5 million to go 8-4 again with the same QB. Unless a new AD with cojones tells him differently.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 05:48 PM

Sounds like Cowbell hates CML more than OM and loves Kiffin.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 05:49 PM

Always has.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 05:52 PM
DELETE

mo7888
11-26-2022, 06:00 PM
Most of this board at game time thought they were going to lose to Georgia tech, auburn, and Kentucky.

Let's not put the collective wisdom of this board on trial...

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 06:03 PM
Because he?ll get another $5 million to go 8-4 again with the same QB. Unless a new AD with cojones tells him differently.

An AD is not going to tell a coach what players to play or recruit. That's micromanaging. No coach would except those terms either.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 06:08 PM
An AD is not going to tell a coach what players to play or recruit. That's micromanaging. No coach would except those terms either.

Don’t really care if he ‘accepts’ it or not. He can coach another year if he chooses. That’s the choice he has. Don’t really think after three years it’s ‘micromanaging’.

Think Art Howe.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 06:11 PM

8-4 for $5 million is a steal these days!!! Just ask our neighbors up north. aTm would love 8-4 at $10 million per year.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 06:17 PM
Don’t really care if he ‘accepts’ it or not. He can coach another year if he chooses. That’s the choice he has. Don’t really think after three years it’s ‘micromanaging’.

Think Art Howe.

On accept , I meant a coach wouldn't take a job if the AD was going to micromanage like that, and a normal AD doesn't micro manage. But whatever makes you happy.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2022, 06:26 PM
On accept , I meant a coach wouldn't take a job if the AD was going to micromanage like that, and a normal AD doesn't micro manage. But whatever makes you happy.

What will satisfy me is a more well-rounded QB.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 06:34 PM

Auburn sure doesn't make sense but nobody knows at this point in time how the conference schedules will be set up.

Vandownbytheriver
11-26-2022, 06:41 PM

From what I remember everyone predicted they would be 7-0 or 5-2 worst going into LSU. They were blessed with the easiest possible first 5 games and only needed one win to be bowl eligible after all the cupcakes. Not sure where he read that, but I sure as hell don't remember the "entire board saying he'd miss a bowl."

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 06:54 PM

So you wouldn't take Lane over CML Today to coach here?
I like CML much better as a person and Than I do Lane. I also like winning and I like fun offensive football.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 06:58 PM

I think you shut him up for now. Probably more worried about our alleged mistreatment of poor lil ole Lane on here...........Good work :)

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 07:43 PM
I like CML much better as a person and Than I do Lane. I also like winning and I like fun offensive football.

Kiffin is a better hire short term. Maybe we should have hired him after Dan.

Leach is a better hire long term.

DudyDawg
11-26-2022, 07:51 PM

You?re just making shit up now. GA Tech had the lowest preseason win total in P5. They?re horrific and everyone knows that.

msu15
11-26-2022, 08:01 PM

Kiffin absolutely should have been our hire in 2017, but it would have been mainly to cash in on the 2018 team before he left shortly after. I still don't think he stays in Oxford long term.

hailstate88
11-26-2022, 08:04 PM
He's about the same as Malzhan IMO. Freeze is a great underdog coach but he also has the WTF losses to go along with that too.

Yea he does, along with Kiffin. He?s gonna walk from OM in 2 years tops

BeardoMSU
11-26-2022, 11:20 PM
This guy nails it...

https://twitter.com/alestate2020/status/1596695006349504512?t=wTEzGXW3vJji6Kk8-m14MA&s=19

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 11:27 PM

Agree

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 11:46 PM

First off I will say we currently have a head coach , who I support and want him to succeed, but everybody on here knows you don't, but that's your prerogative. Concerning your Kiffin fantasy, I have no clue where I would want him coaching here or not. Some coaches do great one place and can be a bust at another place. He would have to be actually coaching here for me to know that. Are you planning on paying him over $9 milllion a year? He doesn't want to be at OM . He wanted the Auburn job, but they didn't think he was worth a $120 million 10 year contract. They offered initially a $72 million 6 year contract and they may have negotiated up some on that, but the bottom line is Auburn didn't think Kiffin was worth what he thought he was. So he took the somewhere around $70+ million 8 year contract extension that OM offered. It will be interesting if OM thinks he is worth $9+ million a year until he finds his next coaching gig and says Bye Bye OM.

Goldendawg
11-26-2022, 11:54 PM
First off I will say we currently have a head coach , who I support and want him to succeed, but everybody on here knows you don't, but that's your prerogative. Concerning your Kiffin fantasy, I have no clue where I would want him coaching here or not. Some coaches do great one place and can be a bust at another place. He would have to be actually coaching here for me to know that. Are you planning on paying him over $9 milllion a year? He doesn't want to be at OM . He wanted the Auburn job, but they didn't think he was worth a $120 million 10 year contract. They offered initially a $72 million 6 year contract and they may have negotiated up some on that, but the bottom line is Auburn didn't think Kiffin was worth what he thought he was. So he took the somewhere around $70+ million 8 year contract extension that OM offered. It will be interesting if OM thinks he is worth $9+ million a year until he finds his next coaching gig and says Bye Bye OM.

Reading that 8 year deal might violate state law. Is he a state employee or coaching at a state college while being paid by a private firm?

LC Dawg
11-26-2022, 11:55 PM
This guy nails it...

https://twitter.com/alestate2020/status/1596695006349504512?t=wTEzGXW3vJji6Kk8-m14MA&s=19

And absolutely no Ole Miss fans get this.

TheLostDawg
11-27-2022, 12:01 AM
Reading that 8 year deal might violate state law. Is he a state employee or coaching at a state college while being paid by a private firm?

If they are able.

Could be a win for ole miss if Kiffin does good in the portal and does well next year. Wherever he would go next year would have to pay the buyout.
However if he sinks then ole miss is stuck with him a while. They can afford the money but would have to go the assistant route again like with Matt Luke if they have to let him go and pay him.

yjnkdawg
11-27-2022, 12:17 AM

Some way they figured out how they could set up some type of private fund and circumvent the 4 year max state law and pay the other 4 years from that fund. I don't really know how you implement it. Some of the OM lawyers came up with it I guess.

Todd4State
11-27-2022, 01:00 AM
Kiffin absolutely should have been our hire in 2017, but it would have been mainly to cash in on the 2018 team before he left shortly after. I still don't think he stays in Oxford long term.

Which I think all of us would have been fine with. That's what most of us really wanted. We went outside the box and it blew up in our face.

Would have been no different than Dan with him leaving.

msu15
11-27-2022, 03:58 AM
Which I think all of us would have been fine with. That's what most of us really wanted. We went outside the box and it blew up in our face.

Absolutely

DownwardDawg
11-27-2022, 07:15 AM

Yeah. After all the yearly drama with Dan, no thank you to Kiffin. No thank you at all!!

Really Clark?
11-27-2022, 08:19 AM
Some way they figured out how they could set up some type of private fund and circumvent the 4 year max state law and pay the other 4 years from that fund. I don't really know how you implement it. Some of the OM lawyers came up with it I guess.

They have tried this exact same thing multiple times and the state has always shot it down in the past. We will see if it's allowed this time or if they are just having it published this way for optics that they are committed long term for the next coach they have to hire.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-27-2022, 08:31 AM
Just imagine if we would have hired Lil Beamer instead of MoHead

SailingDawg
11-27-2022, 11:52 AM
This guy nails it...

All they can do is rebel in their memory of Aahhhchie in the glory days of segregation. Nothing has happened since.

Percho
11-27-2022, 01:31 PM

Correct.