11-26-2022, 10:01 AM
Man lands on moon!

PikeDawg15
11-26-2022, 10:02 AM
I am stunned.

He must have been told to wait on A&M to open

MetEdDawg
11-26-2022, 10:05 AM
I legitimately cannot believe Cohen would go down that road.

After everything that went down with Freeze I am shocked that he's in play for this with Cohen as the AD.

Every Auburn fan I know doesn't want Freeze anywhere near the program. But I have to think the influential boosters would absolutely love this move.

TrapGame
11-26-2022, 10:06 AM
I think Sexton is telling Lane something bigger is opening up after regular season. My guess is A&M.

starkvegasdawg
11-26-2022, 10:09 AM
AU rivals site has a poster saying Kiffin turned them down. Knowing him, if true, he did it just to prove Sokoloff wrong. Fine if he stays in Oxford. He is pretty much hated up there now and has destroyed any trust he may have had. If Freeze ends up at auburn then Sankey is going to have them under a microscope just waiting for something to happen. He'll probably get a copy of his cell phone bill sent to him every month.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-26-2022, 10:10 AM
They talked to Kiffin. Kiffin wants the job, thus the rumors start flying. OM tries to keep Kiffin with a big contract, but he doesn't sign it because he wants the Auburn job. Distractions + OM not really being that good = they start loosing. Kiffin wants a longer deal than Auburn offered, feels he has the 10M OM deal as backup. Auburn is pissed off at this since their offer of 12M a year is already a lot + OM loosing = they start looking at Freeze more.

The question is, who is bluffing? Is Lane going to take the Auburn deal as is, or is Auburn pretending to be info Freeze but will cave to Lane's demands? Or has Aubrun truly gotten pissed off and said F him?

All I know is that OM is rightfully pissed off. Lane has snubbed his nose at them, lost a bunch of games in the pursuit of his own Auburn contract, and (worst of all) told them their money isn't good enough.

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 10:10 AM
I think Sexton is telling Lane something bigger is opening up after regular season. My guess is A&M.

Or Oregon.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 10:17 AM
If Kiffin is going to stay at OM, that was a dumb move to retweet that Quick Six Auburn video. Just adds fuel to the fire. But I guess immaturity rules over common sense in his case.

Turfdawg67
11-26-2022, 10:19 AM
They talked to Kiffin. Kiffin wants the job, thus the rumors start flying. OM tries to keep Kiffin with a big contract, but he doesn't sign it because he wants the Auburn job. Distractions + OM not really being that good = they start loosing. Kiffin wants a longer deal than Auburn offered, feels he has the 10M OM deal as backup. Auburn is pissed off at this since their offer of 12M a year is already a lot + OM loosing = they start looking at Freeze more.

The question is, who is bluffing? Is Lane going to take the Auburn deal as is, or is Auburn pretending to be info Freeze but will cave to Lane's demands? Or has Aubrun truly gotten pissed off and said F him?

All I know is that OM is rightfully pissed off. Lane has snubbed his nose at them, lost a bunch of games in the pursuit of his own Auburn contract, and (worst of all) told them their money isn't good enough.

I hate to be the grammar guy, but it's "losing" not "loosing". That said, your post is probably right on as far as what has happened.

SailingDawg
11-26-2022, 10:21 AM
I hate to be the grammar guy, but it's "losing" not "loosing". That said, your post is probably right on as far as what has happened.

Thank you. I see this far too often.

PMDawg

losing - failing to win, as in a sport or game.

loosing - present participle of loose (not fastened, contained, or restrained).

Todd4State

After everything that went down with Freeze I am shocked that he's in play for this with Cohen as the AD.

Every Auburn fan I know doesn't want Freeze anywhere near the program. But I have to think the influential boosters would absolutely love this move.

Yeah. I'll believe it's Freeze when I see the press conference.

Quaoarsking
Or Oregon.

Is Lanning going somewhere?

Quaoarsking
11-26-2022, 10:22 AM
Every hour that goes by without Ole Miss announcing a big extension for Kiffin makes it more and more likely that he's leaving. If it's not Auburn, it will be somewhere else, maybe somewhere no one is currently expecting.

basedog
11-26-2022, 10:23 AM
Seems negotiations have gotten sorta nasty, egos have stepped in, I wonder if Auburn is floating Freeze name to make Kiffin think or realize take it or leave it, final offer!

Todd4State

Yeah. This sounds like Auburn is giving Kiffin an ultimatum at this point. Take the offer or stay at Ole Miss.

confucius say
Cohen not happy with Lane's antics.
OM is stuck with him now.
He's still a good coach, but just go to Twitter and see what OM fans have said about him

mo7888
This is beautiful...it doesn't really matter what happens now...OM is damaged either way.... My cup runneth over...🤣

PikeDawg15
11-26-2022, 10:24 AM
Every hour that goes by without Ole Miss announcing a big extension for Kiffin makes it more and more likely that he's leaving. If it's not Auburn, it will be somewhere else, maybe somewhere no one is currently expecting.

Maybe Texas A&M fires jimbo tonight after a blowout loss to LSU

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 10:27 AM

Maybe Auburn didn't come off the 6 year original offer contract because some thought they would reach a compromise at 8 years or possibly 9 and both parties could accept that.

TrapGame
11-26-2022, 10:32 AM
This is beautiful...it doesn't really matter what happens now...OM is damaged either way.... My cup runneth over...🤣

Most fun I've had after an Egg Bowl in years. This is glorious.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 10:34 AM
GTHOM!!!!!!

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 10:35 AM
Of course they are. I've been posting all season that Auburn will hire freeze. And I still think they will until they don't. I think they got smitten with Kiffin and maybe even bumped him up ahead of Freeze a little, and then they got to see just how good kiffin can really coach when he started playing "decent" teams instead of cream puffs.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 10:39 AM

Let's just say you are close. From what I had heard and I had already posted it on another thread, Auburn offered Kiffin a 6 year $12 million a year deal. Kiffin and Sexton wanted a 10 year $12 million a year. Some thought they would negotiate and reach an agreement at 8 or Auburn may possibly go to 9 years. Apparently they didn't reach an agreement, and/or they just parted ways. OM was a backup option in case Kiffin and Auburn couldn't reach an agreement. The bidding war upped the money amount for Kiffin at either place. And OM had upped their offer to $9+ almost 10 million with a 4 year extension contract.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 10:40 AM
Of course they are. I've been posting all season that Auburn will hire freeze. And I still think they will until they don't. I think they got smitten with Kiffin and maybe even bumped him up ahead of Freeze a little, and then they got to see just how good kiffin can really coach when he started playing "decent" teams instead of cream puffs.

Bingo!!

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 10:41 AM

I don't understand how y'all think that Cohen has any say in this matter. Those Auburn power trip boosters would fire Cohen 1 week into the job if he gets in their way. He's a mere spectator in all this.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 10:42 AM
Most fun I've had after an Egg Bowl in years. This is glorious.

Absolutely glorious!!!!

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 10:44 AM
If what we're hearing today is true, it's nice to think about how nervous Lane must be about now. What if Freeze takes the auburn job and sexton tells Lane that aTm will open up next year. Lane knows he has a much more difficult schedule next year and the shine has already worn off.

This is a great egg bowl week!!!!

phatdog
11-26-2022, 10:48 AM
Cohen: Hugh, tell me the truth, did you provide hookers to recruits?
Freeze: Yes
Cohen: ?

Vandownbytheriver
11-26-2022, 10:48 AM
Freeze is a much better coach than Lane. And winning will solve any hesitation the Barners have about him being their coach. And if they think that Lane doesn't have his own skeletons, they are insane. Freeze will get that program righted very soon.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-26-2022, 10:50 AM
It will be the most interesting press conference ever. What term will Cohen use to describe Freeze? Savant? Genius?

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 10:52 AM
I don't understand how y'all think that Cohen has any say in this matter. Those Auburn power trip boosters would fire Cohen 1 week into the job if he gets in their way. He's a mere spectator in all this.

Yeah it is funny unless he has the controlling interest in YellaWood. lol....He's just a puppet at Auburn.

Dawgface
11-26-2022, 10:57 AM
It will be the most interesting press conference ever. What term will Cohen use to describe Freeze? Savant? Genius?

You know your dignity has reached an all time low when you are told by the money men to hire Hugh Freeze.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 11:09 AM
If what we're hearing today is true, it's nice to think about how nervous Lane must be about now. What if Freeze takes the auburn job and sexton tells Lane that aTm will open up next year. Lane knows he has a much more difficult schedule next year and the shine has already worn off.

This is a great egg bowl week!!!!

Yeah Kiffin did some dumb things that didn't help his market value this past week and it sure didn't help his public relations with the plantation either

Saltydog
11-26-2022, 11:10 AM
AU rivals site has a poster saying Kiffin turned them down. Knowing him, if true, he did it just to prove Sokoloff wrong. Fine if he stays in Oxford. He is pretty much hated up there now and has destroyed any trust he may have had. If Freeze ends up at auburn then Sankey is going to have them under a microscope just waiting for something to happen. He'll probably get a copy of his cell phone bill sent to him every month.

Old habits die hard and it's hard to change behaviors.....He'll still have hookers servicing recruits.......He'll just be a bit more "discreet" about it.........Make no mistake, Freeze is still a major p.o.s. disguising himself as a bible thumper.......

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 11:13 AM
Yeah it is funny unless he has the controlling interest in YellaWood. lol....He's just a puppet at Auburn.

Absolutely!!!

thf24
11-26-2022, 11:25 AM
I just don't get the infatuation with Hugh Freeze. Maybe it's that he'll be cheap given his baggage? But he has arguably one alright P5 season on his resume that wasn't a product of cheating at a brazen, unprecedented and unsustainable level, the worst of which remains highly illegal even in the current iteration of the NIL era.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 11:44 AM
I just don't get the infatuation with Hugh Freeze. Maybe it's that he'll be cheap given his baggage? But he has arguably one alright P5 season on his resume that wasn't a product of cheating at a brazen, unprecedented and unsustainable level, the worst of which remains highly illegal even in the current iteration of the NIL era.

I really didn't think the SEC Office was ready to welcome Freeze back in the SEC, but I guess if Auburn is talking to him I guess they don't care. I doubt he will be cheap with Sexton representing him, but a contract package that has a good bit less money than Kiffin's was.

Maroonthirteen
11-26-2022, 12:31 PM
Cohen: Hugh, tell me the truth, did you provide hookers to recruits?
Freeze: Yes
Cohen: ?

Big booster: Hugh, how did you get those recruits to Ole Miss?
Hugh: (reveals secrets and plans to do so)
Big Boster: Scarlet, get John on the phone. Tell him Hugh is hired.

AROB44
11-26-2022, 12:32 PM

^^^^THIS....really not hard. Cohen will be doing the formalities only....not deciding who will be hired.

parabrave
11-26-2022, 12:39 PM
Money talks. Aubbie gonna tell the SEC office screw you and after they did nothing about Cam then the SEC office deserves the middle finger.

Bdawg
11-26-2022, 12:39 PM

Amen. So fun to see the shoe on the other foot. They?re not the program they think they are or Lane wouldn?t be looking. Just like Mullen with us. This is fun!!

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 12:41 PM

Cohen has zero choice in this matter. He is a yes man at this point.

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 12:45 PM
There is always a smoke screen. Always.

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 12:46 PM
This is merely being put out there for negotiating power for now. Lane may stay but he has to know they have somebody else in mind

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 12:48 PM
Money talks. Aubbie gonna tell the SEC office screw you and after they did nothing about Cam then the SEC office deserves the middle finger.

I can't believe Auburn would be that stupid if the SEC Office doesn't want Freeze back in the SEC. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 12:51 PM
Cohen has zero choice in this matter. He is a yes man at this point.

Probably Yes Mr. Rane. Whatever you say Mr. Rane.

Cowbell
11-26-2022, 12:54 PM
I can't believe Auburn would be that stupid if the SEC Office doesn't want Freeze back in the SEC. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Winning is the hand that feeds you because winning makes money and the SEC office likes their money. This thought that the SEC doesn't wanna freeze back is crazy. They want to make money however possible they can. Auburn not being good is not good for the league.

msudawglb
11-26-2022, 01:01 PM
He?s staying. It?s official

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35113769/lane-kiffin-agrees-new-contract-remain-ole-miss

Catfish
11-26-2022, 01:03 PM
He?s staying. It?s official

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35113769/lane-kiffin-agrees-new-contract-remain-ole-miss

Not bad, sold his soul for $9 million a year. ***

mparkerfd20
11-26-2022, 01:10 PM
If I had my choice I'd go Freeze too. P*ssy >>>> Money

Ranchdawg
11-26-2022, 01:53 PM
The uppity ole miss fan base has money no doubt but it has limits and pales in comparison to other SEC schools. They are now forced to pay a coach $9mil+ for at least one year. They are going to be forced to. It’s glorious! This drama just gets better and better.

I’m shedding no tears that they are having to pay so much for a coach. A coach as they call us their little brother just beat.
You can’t make this shat up.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 06:45 PM
Winning is the hand that feeds you because winning makes money and the SEC office likes their money. This thought that the SEC doesn't wanna freeze back is crazy. They want to make money however possible they can. Auburn not being good is not good for the league.

Freeze embarrassed the SEC Office big time and on a national stage, but whether they will welcome him back in the SEC with open arms right now I have no clue and I doubt you do either. If they had wanted him back when Saban wanted him then he would have been on Saban's staff. My response though was to the comment about Auburn telling the SEC Office screw you. I said that would be a stupid move if the SEC Office did not want Freeze back in the SEC. Reading Comprehension seems to be a lost art on here sometimes.

hailstate88
11-26-2022, 08:09 PM
This is horrible for u

I hate auburn now badly.

The boosters run that school. It?s confirmed

Liberty is under a sexual assault investigation, so hugh going to auburn is gonna make the sec focus on him more. Which I think could be good for us

TUSK
11-26-2022, 08:58 PM
This thread amuses me. I wish there was a "REP ALL" button.