PDA

View Full Version : That 2 point attempt.

msudawglb
11-26-2022, 12:57 AM
They had us with their first play call?but luckily, the play clock was running out and they had to call a timeout. If you watch, the offense is crashed in, and a rb goes in motion. We reacted late and Jett (I think) dropped out to cover the motion man. It was a terrible matchup and the rb would have easily shook Jett.

Luckily, they called the TO and we changed our defensive setup which resulted in a different play. The rest is history.

RisperDawg
11-26-2022, 02:45 AM
Yeah, Lane blamed the refs for this in his post game presser

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 07:51 AM

Lane will blame everyone he can. He's a child.

RisperDawg
11-26-2022, 08:09 AM
Yeah, it was a crash course in shirking all responsibility.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 08:18 AM
INSTANT CLASSIC!!!

It seemed likes Charlton sensed something. He stayed home long enough to swat the football otherwise they score. Just a heck of a play.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/mississippi-state-senior-randy-charlton-recaps-game-saving-play-in-egg-bowl/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjy5J7398v7AhWNIEQIHYBIC-MQtwJ6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw1m-WsZn2aAkFxCqOvqEGVT

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 08:27 AM
INSTANT CLASSIC!!!

It seemed likes Charlton sensed something. He stayed home long enough to swat the football otherwise they score. Just a heck of a play.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/mississippi-state-senior-randy-charlton-recaps-game-saving-play-in-egg-bowl/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjy5J7398v7AhWNIEQIHYBIC-MQtwJ6BAgIEAE&usg=AOvVaw1m-WsZn2aAkFxCqOvqEGVT

Yes. And the funny thing is that Lane picked a play that we run multiple times a game. You know our guys see it in practice all the time. It was a bad play call.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-26-2022, 08:28 AM
The Kick/Pick, The Piss and Miss, Randy?s Right Hand?

Catfish
11-26-2022, 08:30 AM
Yes. And the funny thing is that Lane picked a play that we run multiple times a game. You know our guys see it in practice all the time. It was a bad play call.

Little Lane outsmarted himself.

Todd4State
11-26-2022, 08:38 AM

Thanks Randy!

WTF Will?

Lord McBuckethead
11-26-2022, 09:35 AM
Right Hand of God.

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2022, 09:54 AM

I read that and immediately thought of the Peaky Blinders "Right Red Hand"

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2022, 10:47 AM

The refs, Sokoloff, the weather. I mean just admit Arnett coached circles around your ass and had you not been so smug and worrying about your Twitter persona you might have been able to focus on the game a bit

Catfish
11-26-2022, 10:59 AM
The refs, Sokoloff, the weather. I mean just admit Arnett coached circles around your ass and had you not been so smug and worrying about your Twitter persona you might have been able to focus on the game a bit

True, but it wouldn't have mattered. Rewatched the game, Arnett's defense was smoking all night. Just seemed to be at the right place at the right time. Some of their hard hits took OM players out of the game mentally. Wasn't it Green who put that vicious hit on Mingo? Rang his bell big time.

Jack Lambert
11-26-2022, 11:09 AM
They supposedly have the badest bad ass running backs in the country. Just run the ball.

yjnkdawg
11-26-2022, 11:20 AM
True, but it wouldn't have mattered. Rewatched the game, Arnett's defense was smoking all night. Just seemed to be at the right place at the right time. Some of their hard hits took OM players out of the game mentally. Wasn't it Green who put that vicious hit on Mingo? Rang his bell big time.

Kiffin said Green's hit injured Mingo's ribs so he couldn't block after that on their running plays or something to that effect.

Catfish
11-26-2022, 11:32 AM
Kiffin said Green's hit injured Mingo's ribs so he couldn't block after that on their running plays or something to that effect.

What I call a snot knocker.

DudyDawg
11-26-2022, 01:17 PM
Lane will blame everyone he can. He's a child.

You could see him complaining at the time that they didn?t get a play clock reset, but the reason they didn?t is because the TD scorer had 5 handshakes he had to do in the end zone before they lined up to go for it.

Bdawg
11-26-2022, 01:22 PM
They had us with their first play call?but luckily, the play clock was running out and they had to call a timeout. If you watch, the offense is crashed in, and a rb goes in motion. We reacted late and Jett (I think) dropped out to cover the motion man. It was a terrible matchup and the rb would have easily shook Jett.

Luckily, they called the TO and we changed our defensive setup which resulted in a different play. The rest is history.

I was screaming for us to call a timeout when I saw Jett move out to cover. When it was called I just knew it was us that the TO and Arnett saw the same thing we did. But OM must have beat us to it. I thought the shovel open too until we got a finger on it!!! Great play!!!

Bdawg
11-26-2022, 01:25 PM

Love those tone setters!!! Let’s everyone know we are here to play and mean business!!