PDA

View Full Version : Reb Injuries

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Of course, they don't have near the injury issues that we do, but here is what they got.

Chuck Rounsaville ‏@SpiritChuck 26 Nov
CB Charles Sawyer and TB Jeff Scott likely out for Egg Bowl. Did not practice Tuesday.

War Machine Dawg
11-27-2013, 04:40 PM
They haven't had Sawyer in a while, so I don't see that as a huge deal. But if Scott is out, that's huge. He's one of their biggest offensive homerun threats in open space, not to mention their only RB worth a damn. I already think we'll stuff the run and make them one dimensional, but if Scott can't go, I guarantee they'll throw it 50+ times.

CooterDavenport
11-27-2013, 04:42 PM
They're bringing this guy on scholarship to replace Scott:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Homeless_man_in_Anchorage.jpg

thedawg
11-27-2013, 04:43 PM
They throw it 50+ times we win... By 14

oldjoedawg
11-27-2013, 06:49 PM
They haven't had Sawyer in a while, so I don't see that as a huge deal. But if Scott is out, that's huge. He's one of their biggest offensive homerun threats in open space, not to mention their only RB worth a damn. I already think we'll stuff the run and make them one dimensional, but if Scott can't go, I guarantee they'll throw it 50+ times.

Scott hasn't had nearly as much impact this year as last year...less carries...less effective Mathers and Walton have been carrying the load....

Dawgfan77
11-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Scott hasn't had nearly as much impact this year as last year...less carries...less effective Mathers and Walton have been carrying the load....

Those two are a hell of a lot better than Scott

Pollodawg
11-27-2013, 07:17 PM
Scott can't get yards in the middle. He isn't strong enough to run through tackles and take guys for a ride. He is most dangerous on the perimeters. At any rate, it doesn't hurt us at all that he's out.

Bothrops
11-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Jaylon Walton is faster than Jeff Scott.

Dawg61
11-27-2013, 07:38 PM
CJ is out for the season. He was/is their best pass rusher. Avg DL with him gone.

DawgsBite34
11-27-2013, 07:40 PM
They have two decent RB's but even if they had Scott our front 7 still matches up well. If there's no CJ Johnson then that is huge for us. I've said from the get go if we make them one dimensional we win the game

Dawg61
11-27-2013, 08:01 PM
No CJ Johnson or freshman standout TE Evan Engram. Both out for the year. 2 of their best players. Cody Prewitt is the guy we gotta watch out for. He's an outstanding DB. Treadwell and Moncrief are good receivers too but nowhere near as good as Beckham and Landry for LSU. If Wallace tests our secondary and he most certainly will try I think we can intercept him 2-3 times this game. The biggest matchup for us will be to not get burnt deep like last year.

I'minHailState
11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Jaylon Walton is faster than Jeff Scott.
I don't know about faster, Jeff is pretty damn quick. I was impressed with his vision though the little I saw of him.

whosyourdawgy
11-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Walton is a much tougher runner than Scott and very shifty and quick. He's a good one. I'd almost rather have Scott out there. Matters hasn't really impressed me that much though. All I know is if our db's play soft zone, Treadwell is gonna catch 20 damn quick outs and eat our lunch.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
11-28-2013, 12:07 AM

Jeff Scott has only played once in the last several weeks, which was last week, and I don't think he played that much. They have plenty of tiny RBs. CJ being out for the year is a much better result for us. If Tyler were playing, Sawyer being out would be pretty significant too since he is still probably their best DB.

LeakyD
11-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Here's a few things I notice about their play calling

1. On 3rd or 4th and 1, the qb fakes the handoff and keeps almost every time. Wallace has had some big runs in this situation.
2. On 3rd and long, they run a lot of square in routes. They use Logan a lot on these.
3. The wheel route to the rb has been open several times lately.

I think the key is to hit Wallace as often as possible and make him a pass only option. Hopefully, he'll make some mistakes. We may have to give up a few good runs, just no breakaways.