PDA

View Full Version : This may be why Kiffin hasn't signed that OM contract just yet

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 03:53 PM
It was reported that Kiffin had told his players Wednesday night at The Inn, on the OM campus where they stay before OM home games, that "unless something significantly changes", he was planning on staying at OM. On Wednesday afternoon there had been a 180 degree turn on what Kiffin was going to do when the OM message board mods and media had previously said he had been offered by Auburn on Wednesday afternoon, and thought he was gone, and then all of the sudden later on their thinking changed and there was a 75% chance he was staying at OM and then it went up to 80%. I think they called it a "snag" in the Auburn deal. OM had supposedly offered Kiffin a 4 year contract somewhere between upper $9 to possibly 10 million per year.

Sexton and Kiffin were supposed to review the Auburn offer sometimes after the Egg Bowl (probably today). Sexton was at the game last night. It appears the only issue had been not enough number of years in the proposed contract, which also increases the cost of the total package. If Kiffin and Sexton can negotiate a mutual agreement with Auburn (or maybe that has already has been done ) that is acceptable to both parties involved ("unless something significantly changes") then it's probably bye bye OM.

Sunday would be a good day to make the announcement. The day after the Iron Bowl. Hopefully Cadillac can pull off an upset. I don't normally pull for Auburn in anything but I like Cadillac.

RiverCityDawg
11-25-2022, 03:57 PM
It was reported that Kiffin had told his players Wednesday night at The Inn, on the OM campus where they stay before OM home games, that "unless something significantly changes", he was planning on staying at OM. On Wednesday afternoon there had been a 180 degree turn on what Kiffin was going to do when the OM message board mods and media had previously said he had been offered by Auburn on Wednesday afternoon, and thought he was gone, and then all of the sudden later on their thinking changed and there was a 75% chance he was staying at OM and then it went up to 80%. I think they called it a "snag" in the Auburn deal. OM had supposedly offered Kiffin a 4 year contract somewhere between upper $9 to possibly 10 million per year.

Sexton and Kiffin were supposed to review the Auburn offer sometimes after the Egg Bowl (probably today). Sexton was at the game last night. It appears the only issue had been not enough number of years in the proposed contract, which also increases the cost of the total package. If Kiffin and Sexton can negotiate a mutual agreement with Auburn (or maybe that has already has been done ) that is acceptable to both parties involved ("unless something significantly changes") then it's probably by bye OM.

Sunday would be a good day to make the announcement. The day after the Iron Bowl. Hopefully Cadillac can pull off an upset. I don't normally pull for Auburn in anything but I like Cadillac.

We need Alabama to win for us to get the best bowl possible.

WhiskeyPirate
11-25-2022, 04:02 PM
Kiffin has burned several bridges in Oxford, and now with the poor on field performance and Rising anger in Oxford his bargaining power with Auburn is substantially decreased. Net result is Kiffin is going to auburn for less money and shorter term deal.

His stock was at an all time high, its decreased now. If Auburn leaked all of this , they saved themselves a lot of money. I don’t see him coaching for ole miss next year.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 04:10 PM
Kiffin has burned several bridges in Oxford, and now with the poor on field performance and Rising anger in Oxford his bargaining power with Auburn is substantially decreased. Net result is Kiffin is going to auburn for less money and shorter term deal.

His stock was at an all time high, its decreased now. If Auburn leaked all of this , they saved themselves a lot of money. I don’t see him coaching for ole miss next year.

Like a 6 year deal instead of a 8 to 10 year one? I think 6 was Auburn's original offer, and Sexton and Kiffin wanted more.

Homedawg
11-25-2022, 04:11 PM

Define "saved themselves lots of money" if auburn wants LK they are going to have to pay him. Sexton will make sure of it. If not he's got $40 deal in his pocket. He still holds all the cards.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2022, 04:11 PM
We need Alabama to win for us to get the best bowl possible.

I hope Alabama destroys them.

WhiskeyPirate
11-25-2022, 04:13 PM
Like a 6 year deal instead of a 8 to 10 year one? I think 6 was Auburn's original offer, and Sexton and Kiffin wanted more.

Yes that was the hold up. Simply, if ole miss has been toyed with long enough, kiffins bargaining power with auburn is diminished. He will go to Auburn but Sextons demands for a Jimbo like contract are up in smoke. If a Kiffin would have just announced for Auburn two weeks ago, he would be much richer.

Goldendawg
11-25-2022, 04:14 PM
I went to both Red Cup Rebellion and Nafoom last night after the game and the majority of OM fans are very dissatisfied with his "act" this week. Most want that big contract offer torn up. Their schedule is much tougher next year and will probably lose more games. He may have vastly overplayed his hand. Note: They have also lost last three in a row and 4 of 5. He also showed little interest in their bowl game in his post game interview. Colleges are however very stupid in $ for their FB HC's. Either OM or AU will overpay him. Hail State!

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 04:22 PM
Define "saved themselves lots of money" if auburn wants LK they are going to have to pay him. Sexton will make sure of it. If not he's got $40 deal in his pocket. He still holds all the cards.

What I heard was prior to the Egg Bowl on Wednesday that Sexton and Kiffin wanted a total package of $120 million at 10 years at $12 million per year and Auburn had offered a 6 year one initially.

Homedawg
11-25-2022, 04:41 PM
Wanted ...... big difference between wanted and actually getting it. If he's there guy- they will get a deal done. Give and take. And he will be more rich.

Saltydog
11-25-2022, 04:47 PM
I went to both Red Cup Rebellion and Nafoom last night after the game and the majority of OM fans are very dissatisfied with his "act" this week. Most want that big contract offer torn up. Their schedule is much tougher next year and will probably lose more games. He may have vastly overplayed his hand. Note: They have also lost last three in a row and 4 of 5. He also showed little interest in their bowl game in his post game interview. Colleges are however very stupid in $ for their FB HC's. Either OM or AU will overpay him. Hail State!

That's not shocking. It's the narcissist in him. He's always thought WAY more of himself than others think of him.

Goldendawg
11-25-2022, 04:53 PM
That's not shocking. It's the narcissist in him. He's always thought WAY more of himself than others think of him.

Rode his Dad, Monte's coattails into many of his early opportunities, then Nick's school to rehab ex-HC's saved him. Al Davis had nothing good to say about him after he fired him, and I used to be a big Raiders fan in the 60,70, & 80's as a boy and young man.

RocketDawg
11-25-2022, 05:12 PM

Virtually all fans jump on a coach after he loses a game, and especially if it's a major game. If Kiffin sticks around at OM, the fans will flock back to him.

WhiskeyPirate
11-25-2022, 05:17 PM
Kiffin has a 6-6/7-5 schedule next year. His ultimate goal is to get to a program he can compete for a title at. Ole Miss is a stepping stone to him. If he has a down year next year, it’s a big set back for him. His stock will never be higher than it was about 3 weeks ago.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 05:18 PM
Kiffin maybe a butthole but he's smart and knows how to play the game. He's fleecing auburn or om. Well played lane well played lol

PikeDawg15
11-25-2022, 05:22 PM
Kiffin has a 6-6/7-5 schedule next year. His ultimate goal is to get to a program he can compete for a title at. Ole Miss is a stepping stone to him. If he has a down year next year, it’s a big set back for him. His stock will never be higher than it was about 3 weeks ago.

That?s why I think he is going to auburn Sunday.

Exactly with you on the opinion of he is using ole miss to jump to a bigger job.

Ole miss has Georgia from the east next year.

@alabama and @ UGA are for sure losses

@ State and @ auburn are toss ups

Then
Home vs

Texas a&m
Arkansas
Vandy
LSU

Yeah, I think he?s leaving

I would be very shocked if he stayed at ole miss.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 05:24 PM
That?s why I think he is going to auburn Sunday.

Exactly with you on the opinion of he is using ole miss to jump to a bigger job.

Ole miss has Georgia from the east next year.

@alabama and @ UGA are for sure losses

@ State and @ auburn are toss ups

Then
Home vs

Texas a&m
Arkansas
Vandy
LSU

Yeah, I think he?s leaving

I would be very shocked if he stayed at ole miss.

He's staring 6-6, 7-5 in the face if he stays at om next year

Goldendawg
11-25-2022, 05:26 PM
Virtually all fans jump on a coach after he loses a game, and especially if it's a major game. If Kiffin sticks around at OM, the fans will flock back to him.

Kind of like when your girl friend runs around on you all week, but you take her back, cause dang, she is so good looking and it's so nice when she's on your arm and things are going good!****

mo7888
11-25-2022, 05:31 PM
Wcbi is now reporting that auburn will announce either Kiffin or Freeze as HC at the conclusion of the IB..

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 05:32 PM
Kiffin maybe a butthole but he's smart and knows how to play the game. He's fleecing auburn or om. Well played lane well played lol

I think Sexton and Kiffin have been using OM as a bargaining tool for negotiating with Auburn, and a fallback option if the Auburn position doesn't work and OM is upset with that. Add Sexton in the mix and yeah, Kiffin knows how to play the game.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 05:38 PM
I think Sexton and Kiffin have been using OM as a bargaining tool for negotiating with Auburn, and a fallback option if the Auburn position doesn't work and OM is upset with that. Add Sexton in the mix and yeah, Kiffin knows how to play the game.

I kinda hope he stays now because om will be paying him close to Saban money for a coach that's middle of pack sec. it's been fun to watch lane and sexton work those idiots!

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
I kinda hope he stays now because om will be paying him close to Saban money for a coach that's middle of pack sec. it's been fun to watch lane and sexton work those idiots!

Yep ! He had gotten just about everything he wanted and asked for from the OM athletic department , but now it seems they have a fragmented fan base after this comedy show this week. Yep, $10 million a year ain't too bad if that's what he gets.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 05:53 PM
Yep ! He had gotten just about everything he wanted and asked for from the OM athletic department , but now it seems they have a fragmented fan base after this comedy show this week. Yep, $10 million a year ain't too bad if that's what he gets.

Incredible the difference a couple weeks make!

I got to hand it to lane he's played this well! Kudos lane for fleecing someone lol!

PMDawg
11-25-2022, 06:05 PM

Sexton and Kiffin were supposed to review the Auburn offer sometimes after the Egg Bowl (probably today). Sexton was at the game last night. It appears the only issue had been not enough number of years in the proposed contract, which also increases the cost of the total package. If Kiffin and Sexton can negotiate a mutual agreement with Auburn (or maybe that has already has been done ) that is acceptable to both parties involved ("unless something significantly changes") then it's probably bye bye OM.

So, basically, Auburn offered him and he asked for more years and/or $$$ and Auburn balked. Lane told them he would think about it. Then he told the players "unless something drastic changes" I'll be here next year, knowing full well it was going to be publicized. He was basically telling Auburn to up the deal or he was staying put - the little press release of what he told his players was him putting the ball back in their court. That about sum it up?

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 06:07 PM
So, basically, Auburn offered him and he asked for more years and/or $$$ and Auburn balked. Lane told them he would think about it. Then he told the players "unless something drastic changes" I'll be here next year, knowing full well it was going to be publicized. He was basically telling Auburn to up the deal or he was staying put - the little press release of what he told his players was him putting the ball back in their court. That about sum it up?

Yep!

Goldendawg
11-25-2022, 06:16 PM

Are you guys telling me Cohen might again fail to deliver a "big name coach" after all this smoke before the fire? (He has said it is his decision.**). Well, Freeze may well indeed find his way to AU no matter what the SEC Office thinks so AU and Cohen still get a "big name".

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 10:10 PM

I don't know that Auburn actually balked on it. I imagine Kiffin put the contract aside until after the Egg Bowl until he could meet with Sexton. What I heard was that both parties would probably negotiate with it being somewhere around a 8 year contract at the same yearly salary which should be in between what he wanted and what Auburn offered. This wouldn't be the first time he has told players he was staying or whatever and then left. Sexton and Kiffin have been using OM, in this situation as a safety fall back option and to get the bidding up higher on the Auburn job and then if the Auburn job fell through OM would still be paying a lot of money. All the contract info was mentioned before this turned into a social media circus and before the Egg Bowl. Some say his value has decreased since then with both Auburn and OM. I don't know if it has or not.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 10:16 PM
Are you guys telling me Cohen might again fail to deliver a "big name coach" after all this smoke before the fire? (He has said it is his decision.**). Well, Freeze may well indeed find his way to AU no matter what the SEC Office thinks so AU and Cohen still get a "big name".

Nah .........I kinda think Yellawood may have a little say so on who the coach will be. Cohen can announce who has been hired. It must be acceptable by the SEC Office for Freeze to come back in the SEC now. Auburn is not stupid enough (you wouldn't think) to do something to get on the bad side of the SEC Office. Kiffin has been their No.1 target though.

Saltydog
11-25-2022, 10:42 PM

So, the narcissistic bastard tried to get a little too greedy and ended up 17n himself. His stock is dropping too. Take into account their late season collapse and with the losses they sustain they're not going to improve much, if any next year.

WhiskeyPirate
11-25-2022, 10:52 PM
So, the narcissistic bastard tried to get a little too greedy and ended up 17n himself. His stock is dropping too. Take into account their late season collapse and with the losses they sustain they're not going to improve much, if any next year.

Yes.

PikeDawg15
11-25-2022, 11:01 PM
So I?m friends with a guy who is a news reporter here in Mississippi and knows Sokoloff.

He said that the sources were from Both ole miss and auburn.

I know exactly by name who the source is at auburn.

Lane is going to auburn Sunday

defiantdog
11-25-2022, 11:07 PM
I won't believe anything until I see a post from Bertstare.