PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Rogers and Perfect Game rank MSU 16th in baseball recruiting rankings.

Jacksondevildog
11-27-2013, 03:27 PM
His buddies, the entire Ole Miss coaching staff, are ranked number 5.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=9219

Coach34
11-27-2013, 03:32 PM
OMG- the program is sliding. I want Hud!!!!!

CadaverDawg
11-27-2013, 04:05 PM
His buddies, the entire Ole Miss coaching staff, are ranked number 5.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=9219

That's pretty messed up. I thought Kendall was better than that.

Oh well, maybe it will make Ole miss hang on to Bianco forever and ever if they keep winning baseball cruitin championships on paper. Bianco will never do any better than a Super

Drugdog
11-27-2013, 04:11 PM
We have got to get Cohen recruiting better**

Bothrops
11-27-2013, 04:22 PM
What a crock! No damn way their class is as good as ours.

Jacksondevildog
11-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Im sure that Todd4State can discuss more in-depth about the Perfect Game/Ole Miss love affair. He wrote about it one time.

Todd4State
11-27-2013, 04:39 PM
The fact that he thinks that Swinarski will possibly be an immediate contributor and that Gavin Collins was our top recruit tells me everything I need to know. We had TWO guys drafted by MLB- Dakota Hudson and Reid Humphries- and yet, he is trusting the PG grading scale over MLB scouts? LOL.

And don't get me wrong- Collins and Swinarski are good players and are going to be good- but no one that knows anything about our team would say that those are our top two guys.

The problem is all Kendall sees are what goes on at the PG showcases, and maybe the UA All-American Game. If you are Dakota Hudson pitching somewhere in the middle of the Smokie Mountains in Tennessee and don't go to their showcases, you're not going to be rated as high. It doesn't matter that you are 6'5" and throw 95 with scouts from every team looking at you.

Todd4State
11-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Im sure that Todd4State can discuss more in-depth about the Perfect Game/Ole Miss love affair. He wrote about it one time.

Ole Miss primarily recruits from PG. Notice the comment he said about Cliff Godwin being seen "at almost every event". When Polk was around and we were still recruiting out of the camp, Ole Miss friendlies were bashing us left and right to PG. They were basically calling us a "dead program" and making PG believe that they were the top program in the state and weren't looking back.

Ole Miss was one of the first to use PG players a lot- and that started a good relationship with them.

The more we win and keep doing what we are doing- it will change their perception along with everyone else around the country as well.

It wasn't just PG that Ole Miss was bashing us to. It was scouts and select team coaches and they did it when both Polk and Cohen were around. That's where a lot of the Cohen horror stories came from about him yelling and all of that and the players all hating him at MSU and Kentucky- most of which wasn't true.

Ole Miss is our worst enemy when it comes to baseball. If we completely put them away again like we did in the 80's and 90's- they may stop caring altogether again.

Ronny
11-27-2013, 05:28 PM
..to put up with this shit when it comes to Bear baseball.

NO matter who they return, they are always highly ranked in the pre-season by all the college baseball outfits.

Yet they always **** it up & never live up to their top 10 billing.

Now we are having to put up with the same crap when it comes to their recruiting.

While Cohen's lowly ranked recruiting classes are wrapping up a Super Regional championship in Starkville, Bianco's top 10 classes will be wondering why they can't get a hit against Loyola in the Tulane regional.

messageboardsuperhero
11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
This means absolutely nothing. Kendall Rogers probably doesn't even know who Dakota Hudson or Reid Humphreys are, since they weren't big on the showcase circuit as Todd said.

I have absolutely zero worries about Cohen's recruiting ability- he will continue to bring great players into the program.

M.Fillmore
11-27-2013, 06:33 PM
***I figure anyone named Sinarski should be a linebacker at Notre Dame. Kind of like any kid named Cleotis ought to be a fullback.***

hells bells
11-27-2013, 06:47 PM
OMG- the program is sliding. I want Hud!!!!!

Need I pled my case for Miss State once again. Why do we let the so-called sports media control our perception of any sports program at Hail State. Color our hair red and go to the game with your step dad.

MsStateBaseball
11-27-2013, 06:48 PM
If you follow me on twitter I always have given Kendall a hard time. To me he praises OM more than us. JC recruiting is big to us and PG there is no mention. I trust CB and BA a lot more than Kendall. Winning is the bottom line. Like I said I would love to hear what all those OM players from out if state will say on SBW when we have it rocking. They will get it then.

MsStateBaseball
11-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Why do I have a twitter account?? Bc of idiots like Kendall. Read our ranking again. Just mentions one baseball recruit while other schools he talks multiple recruits. I have to defend our baseball program on twitter sometimes bc if people like this. Starting next year I will turn it up a notch. Btw, i do have recruits follow me so I do try to stay positive. Parents follow me too.

Pollodawg
11-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Why do I have a twitter account?? Bc of idiots like Kendall. Read our ranking again. Just mentions one baseball recruit while other schools he talks multiple recruits. I have to defend our baseball program on twitter sometimes bc if people like this. Starting next year I will turn it up a notch. Btw, i do have recruits follow me so I do try to stay positive. Parents follow me too.

Keep up the good work, man. And there is absolutely nothing superior about Ole Miss baseball when it's compared to MSU baseball. Those rankings are a joke.

bully99
11-27-2013, 07:44 PM
It would be interesting to see how many teams in the rankings have close ties to PG.

Having said that, I've written in the last couple months that with us going to the cws finals, that I've been disappointed in Cohen 's recruiting. He has lost out on some big time recruits to Vandy especially and South Carolina among others. They might go pro but if Cohen's recruiting them he must think they have some chance of going to college.Would like to know why they pick other schools over state. Money, playing time, coaching, I don't know.

messageboardsuperhero
11-27-2013, 08:05 PM
It would be interesting to see how many teams in the rankings have close ties to PG.

Having said that, I've written in the last couple months that with us going to the cws finals, that I've been disappointed in Cohen 's recruiting. He has lost out on some big time recruits to Vandy especially and South Carolina among others. They might go pro but if Cohen's recruiting them he must think they have some chance of going to college.Would like to know why they pick other schools over state. Money, playing time, coaching, I don't know.

A word of advice: don't worry about it. Our baseball recruiting is fine. Actually, it's better than fine- it's very good.

Homedawg
11-27-2013, 08:21 PM

Who gives a shit who has the highest class in the November before their sr year? It's who gets in school that matters, then what u do with them after they get here. Two years ago ole miss signed the #2 class in the country. By the time fall rolled around they weren't in the top 20! That's part of the art. This class will end up being a top 10 class and the 2015 class has a chance to e better than that depending on how many we lose. Ole miss missed their chance in baseball- it is what it is.

Coach34
11-27-2013, 09:40 PM
I've written in the last couple months that with us going to the cws finals, that I've been disappointed in Cohen 's recruiting. He has lost out on some big time recruits to Vandy especially and South Carolina among others. They might go pro but if Cohen's recruiting them he must think they have some chance of going to college.Would like to know why they pick other schools over state. Money, playing time, coaching, I don't know.

You are easily the most negative person on the board. Baseball America rated our class 2nd in the nation- and you are disappointed with recruiting? Seriously?

BLC
11-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Gentlemen, rankings by PG , BA or anyone else mean absolutely nothing. For a myriad of reasons, they are 100% useless. Let's not care so much about that stuff, but rather support the staff and players. This team will be very, very good and rankings have zero impact on that. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

maroonmania
11-27-2013, 10:25 PM
Need I pled my case for Miss State once again. Why do we let the so-called sports media control our perception of any sports program at Hail State. Color our hair red and go to the game with your step dad.

Exactly, with baseball I absolutely do NOT care what the media says because Cohen has already achieved a CWS runner-up, an SEC tourney championship and another SR appearance all with classes that most experts would have laughed at. Give Cohen and staff the amount of talent they are collecting NOW and its pretty obvious that the sky is the limit. To be honest if Mullen and staff would produce with some of the average rated classes in football that we have been having like Cohen has in baseball I wouldn't worry about our football recruiting rankings either.

bully99
11-27-2013, 10:55 PM
If I'm the most negative person on the board then you haven't been reading your own website. Keep burying your head while other schools out recruit us and you'll soon look up and have a Polk , Croom, and the end of Jackie's tenure. Too much Swindoll sunshine pumping. But it's your board so I'll probably get banned.

messageboardsuperhero
11-27-2013, 11:02 PM
If I'm the most negative person on the board then you haven't been reading your own website. Keep burying your head while other schools out recruit us and you'll soon look up and have a Polk , Croom, and the end of Jackie's tenure. Too much Swindoll sunshine pumping. But it's your board so I'll probably get banned.

Good Lord, how you can even compare what Cohen is doing to what Polk II or Croom did is beyond me.

We are not recruiting poorly. Period. End of discussion. One website had this class as 2nd in America, one had it 9th or 10th, and PG had it 15th- that just goes to show you how all over the place baseball recruiting rankings are. And PG seems terribly uninformed considering they didn't even mention our three best prospects when they broke down our class. Bottom Line- don't freak out about baseball recruiting rankings. You look foolish when you do.

Homedawg
11-27-2013, 11:05 PM

You realize how stupid u sound? We made it to the cws finals w 2 of cohens WORST classes!! Recruiting is only gettin better! One pub has us second. Another 16. Big deal. And who out recruited us in this league? Ole miss? Go read yancy's bullshit and enjoy it. Apparently, thats who u believe.

Coach34
11-27-2013, 11:25 PM
If I'm the most negative person on the board then you haven't been reading your own website. .

recent Bully99 comments:

In response to Schlabach picking us tomorrow- "There's a hundred other pundits picking the blackbears."

Egg Bowl prediction- "Shepherd Smith and his Rainbow 38
Amy Tuck and Her Truck. 9"

to Smootness- "Snootness, what an ass. Are you Stricklan's jock carrier. Yeah I proposed free admission to every game. Come out of momma's basement and join the real world."

on Newman's reruitment- "Horatio is gonna be nice to State because he played there, but Daddy sees son as his gravy train and that will be the deciding factor."

on Jim Ellis- "To the people who think Jim Ellis is so great in baseball, have you listened to him the last few years. He's just as confused in baseball as the other sports."

on rival broadcaster Kellum- "At least yellum doesn't stumble fumble and bumble the whole game."

That's just from the last couple of days

bully99
11-27-2013, 11:42 PM
You have to be honest with yourself. Wouldn't be any fun if it was just yes men. Only hate I have is for TSUN.