PDA

View Full Version : Zach Arnett, Thank You

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2022, 11:50 PM
Thank you Zach and the defense you beautiful bastards! I'll give props to the special teams as well, and the few on offense that actually gave a damn (the rbs, a few wrs etc). If you all don't think Arnett deserves a shot at being the next HC when Leach leaves/retires, then you all are crazy, the mofo can coach! No matter how ass the offense is playing, he continues to get the defense up until they are just plain out of gas. I think he's worth the risk. Mullen wasn't a head coach before coming, and that worked out fairly well....

DownwardDawg
11-24-2022, 11:53 PM
I agree 100%. At this point I want to see Leach with a bigger, better QB and Arnette as his DC. When Leach retires, I would be perfectly fine taking a risk on Arnette. Dude can flat out coach.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2022, 11:54 PM
We gotta pony up to keep Arnett. He's a stud. That defensive effort was a work of art tonight.

PikeDawg15
11-24-2022, 11:55 PM
I lost 10 years off my life after tonight.

It was worth it

Hail damn state

Commercecomet24
11-24-2022, 11:55 PM
Can't let Arnett go. He's a stud. Give him what he wants!

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2022, 11:59 PM
We gotta pony up to keep Arnett. He's a stud. That defensive effort was a work of art tonight.
If we can't pay the man what he deserves to keep him on as a DC and maybe even give an inclination he could be the head coach in waiting, then we deserve to suck and the admin running things deserve to be ousted. Arnett should only leave for a HC position somewhere, money should never EVER be the issue to keep him as a DC, and if it is we deserve to sink as a program....

Maverick91
11-25-2022, 12:02 AM
We need to sit down with him and say “what will make you happy as a person and as a coach?” Name it and it’s yours.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 12:03 AM
One thing in our favor. Zach loves it here just bought a bunch of land, nice home and he's really not looking to move on. Let's keep him happy and here!

msu15
11-25-2022, 12:08 AM
Absolute stud. Made the adjustment at halftime and if not for an awful call by whoever wanted to run read option there would've blanked them in the second half.

msu15
11-25-2022, 12:08 AM
We need to sit down with him and say “what will make you happy as a person and as a coach?” Name it and it’s yours.

A raise and head coach in waiting title

Thick
11-25-2022, 12:11 AM
Will ?Puss?N Boots? Rogers should be tossing salads for our defense, bc they played lights out and won the EB tonight. Tip of the hat to our RB?s for their effort as well!

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2022, 12:19 AM
Can't let Arnett go. He's a stud. Give him what he wants!

One of the gutsiest defensive performances we will ever see.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 12:21 AM
Will ?Puss?N Boots? Rogers should be tossing salads for our defense, bc they played lights out and won the EB tonight. Tip of the hat to our RB?s for their effort as well!

Don't forget the OL. They played well and opened some nice holes. The sacks were mostly on Will for holding the ball to long and for not climbing in the pocket when he had a clean pocket to step up in.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 12:22 AM
One of the gutsiest defensive performances we will ever see.

No question about it. This one should go down in Egg Bowl legend.

Westdawg
11-25-2022, 12:50 AM
The fact he would NOT step up in the pocket did it for me. He kept tracking back, which worked completely in the favor of the outside pressure. Our OTs did a great job overall tonight with flowing edge pressure back and around the pocket. The OL did their job tonight.

Dawgology
11-25-2022, 12:52 AM
Dudes a beast. Best coach we have on staff by FAR!

CadaverDawg
11-25-2022, 01:05 AM
The fact he would NOT step up in the pocket did it for me. He kept tracking back, which worked completely in the favor of the outside pressure. Our OTs did a great job overall tonight with flowing edge pressure back and around the pocket. The OL did their job tonight.

You and Commerce nailed it. He was backing right into the pressure instead of stepping up. OL did well. And ironically every time Will stepped up, they had to bring a LB up which opened a receiver for him. Funny how that works. Much like how when we started running against their crappy run D, we started driving. And then, wow, RaRa gets left wide open bc the safety had all eyes in the backfield. Having a QB with a little mobility, slightly stronger arm, and a commitment from Leach to run versus 3 man fronts will do wonders for this offense if we can make it happen

Cooterpoot
11-25-2022, 01:14 AM
Leach would be unemployed already if not for Arnett.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 01:22 AM
You and Commerce nailed it. He was backing right into the pressure instead of stepping up. OL did well. And ironically every time Will stepped up, they had to bring a LB up which opened a receiver for him. Funny how that works. Much like how when we started running against their crappy run D, we started driving. And then, wow, RaRa gets left wide open bc the safety had all eyes in the backfield. Having a QB with a little mobility, slightly stronger arm, and a commitment from Leach to run versus 3 man fronts will do wonders for this offense if we can make it happen

The majority of the sacks this year have been because he won't climb in the pocket. Our tackles all year have been great at funneling their man out and around they pocket like they're supposed to, but instead of stepping up where it's clean he backs right into the pressure. Don't know how many times this year, I've screamed step up, step up! If I can see it surely he can see it.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 01:28 AM
Arnett signed a new three year contract earlier this year for $1.2 million this year and and an automatic $100,000 bonus each of the next two years. I think he is kinda happy with this for right now.

viverlibre
11-25-2022, 01:29 AM
The majority of the sacks this year have been because he won't climb in the pocket. Our tackles all year have been great at funneling their man out and around they pocket like they're supposed to, but instead of stepping up where it's clean he backs right into the pressure. Don't know how many times this year, I've screamed step up, step up! If I can see it surely he can see it.

Also, he holds onto the ball too long, but that is a Leach thing. Leach believes a pass play should never been given up on, there is always a play to be made.