PDA

View Full Version : Is 8-4 with an Egg Bowl win a good season?

Quaoarsking
11-24-2022, 11:09 PM
I say yes, especially if we are ranked in the final poll.

WSOPdawg
11-24-2022, 11:12 PM
Absolutely, especially with the Egg Bowl returning to Starkville and a chance at 9-4 via a FL bowl

DownwardDawg
11-24-2022, 11:13 PM
Yes. As difficult as our schedule was this year I would say yes. Especially if we win our bowl game.

Catfish
11-24-2022, 11:13 PM

Dang good season!

Coach34
11-24-2022, 11:14 PM
Solid year with returning the most starters in the SEC.

Saltydog
11-24-2022, 11:16 PM
Yes....I thought going into the year we would be 9-3 but I'll take 9-4 if we can pull off a bowl game victory.......

BeardoMSU
11-24-2022, 11:17 PM
It's good. I wish we would've also beaten Kentucky, and we should've, but I'll take this as a consolation. If we win our bowl and finish with 9 wins its a really good season.

That being said, I still think we need to address the QB position. Don't like calling out Will, but it is what it is.

BeardoMSU
11-24-2022, 11:19 PM
double post.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2022, 11:20 PM
8-4, third in the west will be ranked this week and more than likely a Florida bowl with a chance for 9 wins yeah I'd say dang good year!

Pancho
11-24-2022, 11:21 PM
any word on malik heath?

BeardoMSU
11-24-2022, 11:24 PM
any word on malik heath?

Live look...

https://media.tenor.com/Sx4WyBbSCncAAAAC/samurai-harakiri.gif

DownwardDawg
11-24-2022, 11:27 PM
Live look...

Out 17' standing!!!!
One of your best pieces of work.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2022, 11:27 PM
That being said, I still think we need to address the QB position. Don't like calling out Will, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I hate to dog a QB too hard on the very night he beats a ranked team in Oxford, but ... we should at least see if we can bring in an experienced air raid QB from the portal to compete with him.

And if Parson shows flashes that he's going to be a good SEC QB, then he should be given serious consideration to play next year.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2022, 11:29 PM
It's good. I wish we would've also beaten Kentucky, and we should've, but I'll take this as a consolation. If we win our bowl and finish with 9 wins its a really good season.

I agree. I refrained from calling him out. I really like him. But he was absolutely dismal tonight and it's clear that he's not the answer.

Todd4State
11-24-2022, 11:30 PM
Live look...

Hilarious!

RisperDawg
11-24-2022, 11:33 PM
I don't think a ronin like him follows a code.

Leroy Jenkins
11-24-2022, 11:34 PM
It's a solid B. Maybe B+ with a bowl win.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2022, 11:47 PM
Live look...

LOL!!!

Liverpooldawg
11-24-2022, 11:47 PM
Yes

dawgday166
11-24-2022, 11:48 PM

We need a better QB for sure.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2022, 11:49 PM
I agree. I refrained from calling him out. I really like him. But he was absolutely dismal tonight and it's clear that he's not the answer.

Agree. And not just tonight. It’s been a concern for the better part of two seasons and now there’s little doubt left. But we will set that aside for now and just CELEBRATE!!!

Hope you feel better soon Down!!!

BulldogBear
11-24-2022, 11:52 PM
Yes. Before season my prediction was lose to Bama, split UPig and Kentucky, Split Ole Miss and UGA. 9-3.

LSU is the loss that makes me sick. We had 'em.

BeardoMSU
11-24-2022, 11:55 PM
Agree. And not just tonight. It’s been a concern for the better part of two seasons and now there’s little doubt left. But we will set that aside for now and just CELEBRATE!!!

This. Let's enjoy tonight and whip ass in the bowl.

DesotoDog1967
11-24-2022, 11:56 PM
Clemson win Saturday and State is 5th overall in SEC

CadaverDawg
11-25-2022, 12:04 AM
Finally beat his rival.

Finally won a road SEC game (and at night)

Got to 8 regular season wins.

His offense still stinks, but tonight proved that the QB is holding it back in a MAJOR way. This will be a big confidence boost for our team and program under Leach, but he has GOT to address the QB issue. Rogers is a nice kid, but he is soft and has no arm strength or guts. That run out of bounds on 4th and 7 was an embarrassment. But moreover, he just can't elevate our offense...so we have to upgrade there.

And for the love of God, Keenum and Leach better throw the bank at Arnett after tonight. I'm going to start calling him Merlin Arnett, bc he was a magician tonight.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
11-25-2022, 12:04 AM
Being a 69-year-old Dawg fan, I would say yes!!!

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 12:06 AM
Finally beat his rival.

His offense still stinks, but tonight proved that the QB is holding it back in a MAJOR way. This will be a big confidence boost for our team and program under Leach, but he has GOT to address the QB issue. Rogers is a nice kid, but he is soft and has no arm strength or guts. That run out of bounds on 4th and 7 was an embarrassment. But moreover, he just can't elevate our offense...so we have to upgrade there.

And for the love of God, Keenum and Leach better throw the bank at Arnett after tonight. I'm going to start calling him Merlin Arnett, bc he was a magician tonight.

Excellent post.

CarolinaDawgs
11-25-2022, 12:07 AM
Solid year with returning the most starters in the SEC.

Nobody makes them as dumb as you

dawgoneyall
11-25-2022, 12:10 AM
Yes somewhat...we should have beaten Ky. Strange
but over all good season.

msu15
11-25-2022, 12:11 AM
Absolutely! Improved in the win column over last year with a much tougher schedule and still very young at the skill positions on offense. Finish it off right in the bowl game.

Todd4State
11-25-2022, 12:14 AM
Finally beat his rival.

We need to bring in someone to compete with Will next year. He needs to be pushed. And we can't afford his lulls where he is trying to think about everything except throwing the damn ball to the guy that's open.

Goldendawg
11-25-2022, 12:15 AM
8-4, third in the west will be ranked this week and more than likely a Florida bowl with a chance for 9 wins yeah I'd say dang good year!

Hail Yes! Said it all year long. OOC 4-0, SEC 4-4 with critically needed win in the EGG, good bowl, built momentum for 2023! (Forgiving KY loss?, maybe....)

Todd4State
11-25-2022, 12:17 AM

I need to see if we win our bowl game or not. If we do it's comparable to 2010 and 1994.

Kentucky loss stings. Other than that lost to LSU, Alabama, and Georgia. Kentucky game is the only one I have a gripe about.

PMDawg
11-25-2022, 12:18 AM

Definitely. But a weird year. Glaring problems with the offense. Mostly at one position, but the coach who just led us to 8 wins is at fault for that through both recruiting and coaching. Still a solid year. I would love to see Leach coach a season here with a good QB and an elite WR or two.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I hate to dog a QB too hard on the very night he beats a ranked team in Oxford, but ... we should at least see if we can bring in an experienced air raid QB from the portal to compete with him.

And if Parson shows flashes that he's going to be a good SEC QB, then he should be given serious consideration to play next year.

If one of the TX QB's can't challenge and be a legitimate contender for our starting QB then I would say we have QB issues. I can't see Parson be ready by next season but it's possible I guess .

LC Dawg
11-25-2022, 12:26 AM
Yes

TALL DAWG
11-25-2022, 12:26 AM
Candy Bar Traitor Heath can now lay claim?.to being 0-3 in Egg Bowls.
Couldn?t have happened to a better guy.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2022, 12:28 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to EdwardDrayton again.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 12:28 AM
Yes somewhat...we should have beaten Ky. Strange
but over all good season.

None of our players had ever played at Kroger Field and at night which is not a Tiger Stadium but is not an easy place to play either with the noise factor. I don't think GA blew them out up there either, but I agree we had the opportunity to win that one.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 12:36 AM

Couldn't have said it any better CC... and ahead of that team that was going to win the National Championship. Hotty something but I think they forgot what it was too. Hail State`

BeardoMSU
11-25-2022, 12:40 AM
I need to see if we win our bowl game or not. If we do it's comparable to 2010 and 1994.

Kentucky loss stings. Other than that lost to LSU, Alabama, and Georgia. Kentucky game is the only one I have a gripe about.

This.

BulldogBear
11-25-2022, 12:40 AM
Couldn't have said it any better CC... and ahead of that team that was going to win the National Championship. Hotty something but I think they forgot what it was too. Hail State`

They have beaten TWO bowl teams. We have beaten FOUR.

Our best win is Ole Miss.

They're best win is Troy.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 12:41 AM

Go Dawgs!

And for all hype we heard about how great om was all year they finished with exact same record as us and we finish ahead of them in the west. The were way overrated even by some of our own fans.

yjnkdawg
11-25-2022, 12:42 AM
Candy Bar Traitor Heath can now lay claim?.to being 0-3 in Egg Bowls.
Couldn?t have happened to a better guy.

He's probably thinking about his All American performance and winning the Egg Bowl. Oh, wait he didn't have an All American performance or win the Egg Bowl. Sorry Malik but we can send you a photo of the trophy if that will make you feel any better. :)

Commercecomet24
11-25-2022, 12:42 AM
They have beaten TWO bowl teams. We have beaten FOUR.

Our best win is Ole Miss.

They're best win is Troy.

Paper tiger just like a lot of us said all year.

99jc
11-25-2022, 12:44 AM
Nobody makes them as dumb as you

back door bullshit 34

BeardoMSU
11-25-2022, 12:45 AM

oildawg
11-25-2022, 12:45 AM
You darn right that's a good season

Malik Heath (0-3) is the anti-Chris Relf (3-0) in terms of Egg Bowls.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2022, 12:48 AM
You darn right that's a good season

Malik Heath (0-3) is the anti-Chris Relf (3-0) in terms of Egg Bowls.

I'll always love Chris Relf. Or "Ralph" as we liked to call him.

Dawgology
11-25-2022, 12:49 AM
A better QB and we are 9-3 possibly 10-2. But yes. 8-4 with an Egg Bowl win is where we should seek to make a standard.

memsu06
11-25-2022, 12:53 AM
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121479/EBC00C3A-57AE-41F0-B6C1-770F60DDE443_jpe-2612821.JPG

confucius say
11-25-2022, 01:17 AM

With uga from the East and KY on the road. Absolutely.

msstate7
11-25-2022, 07:01 AM
Yes

Dawgface
11-25-2022, 07:40 AM
Good year. I predicted 7-5 so I?m satisfied. But with a slightly more mobile qb we should be 9-3. I hate to be a Rogers hater as we all know he is a fine person and his leadership is good. But last night?s win was due to a great effort on D, good kicking game and strong effort by everyone else. Rogers made a few good passes but way too many negatives.

R2Dawg
11-25-2022, 08:13 AM
Been a good year. 8 wins and egg. We didn't beat a team that will probably finish ranked but we have a chance to.

Still got issues on Offense to address starting at QB but just overall offense.

basedog
11-25-2022, 08:15 AM
Go Dawgs!

And for all hype we heard about how great om was all year they finished with exact same record as us and we finish ahead of them in the west. The were way overrated even by some of our own fans.

Big time, Kiffin is now overrated and somewhat damaged goods! He hurt himself with the fans and toying with the extensions, either sign it and stay or say I'm leaving!

Ari Gold
11-25-2022, 09:19 AM
8-4 with an OM W is something very bulldog football fan should be happy with EVERY year

SilentSteel16
11-25-2022, 09:21 AM
Live look...

Good attempt but that picture would mean he has a sense of honor.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2022, 10:35 AM
Been a good year. 8 wins and egg. We didn't beat a team that will probably finish ranked but we have a chance to.

Still got issues on Offense to address starting at QB but just overall offense.

Nah, Ole Miss's interim coach will win them their bowl, and Penn State will stay ranked after we beat them in the Citrus, giving Leach his 3rd and 4th "wins over teams that finish ranked."

PGHBulldogBG
11-25-2022, 10:40 AM
Nah, Ole Miss's interim coach will win them their bowl, and Penn State will stay ranked after we beat them in the Citrus, giving Leach his 3rd and 4th "wins over teams that finish ranked."

I don’t think we will be playing Penn State actually. Looks like probably the Big 10 West champion after that team loses to Ohio State/Michigan winner

BeardoMSU
11-25-2022, 10:48 AM

Are we realistically in play for the Citrus? What's the pecking order there?

Quaoarsking
11-25-2022, 11:00 AM
I don?t think we will be playing Penn State actually. Looks like probably the Big 10 West champion after that team loses to Ohio State/Michigan winner

That would most likely be Iowa, unless they lose to Nebraska today.

Iowa has the 111th most "efficient" offense in the FBS. We might shut them out.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2022, 11:05 AM
Are we realistically in play for the Citrus? What's the pecking order there?

The best SEC team that doesn't make the NY6 gets the Citrus. We are either #5 in the SEC, or we likely drop to #6 if South Carolina beats Clemson.

If 1-4 (Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee) all make the NY6, which they're currently in line to but there are a lot of potential upsets that could change that, and South Carolina loses to Clemson, we get the Citrus pretty much as a lock.

But, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee all have to win today, and we can't have weird upsets in any of the CCGs.

BeardoMSU
11-25-2022, 11:10 AM
The best SEC team that doesn't make the NY6 gets the Citrus. We are either #5 in the SEC, or we likely drop to #6 if South Carolina beats Clemson.

If 1-4 (Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee) all make the NY6, which they're currently in line to but there are a lot of potential upsets that could change that, and South Carolina loses to Clemson, we get the Citrus pretty much as a lock.

But, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee all have to win today, and we can't have weird upsets in any of the CCGs.

Ah, thanks for the info.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2022, 04:40 PM
Where you see 8 wins?

- msstate7 11/14/22

:D

State82
11-25-2022, 08:48 PM
That would most likely be Iowa, unless they lose to Nebraska today.

Iowa has the 111th most "efficient" offense in the FBS. We might shut them out.
We owe them a big one.

MoreCowbell
11-25-2022, 08:50 PM
Absolutely, and I am a pessimist. Only game that irritates me is UK

lastmajordog
11-25-2022, 11:39 PM
del

Tater
11-26-2022, 09:31 AM
Absolutely, and I am a pessimist. Only game that irritates me is UK

We don't **** that game up and we're a top 15 team.

We also don't **** up the LSU game and we're Atlanta bound.

Super irritating. But the good kind of irritating. This program's standard has been raised and we are on a trajectory upwards. Stay the course and plug in the guy at QB that can get us there. (Will Rogers with steroid arm who steps up in the pocket can be that guy.)

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2022, 09:47 AM
We don't **** that game up and we're a top 15 team.

We also don't **** up the LSU game and we're Atlanta bound.

Super irritating. But the good kind of irritating. This program's standard has been raised and we are on a trajectory upwards. Stay the course and plug in the guy at QB that can get us there. (Will Rogers with steroid arm who steps up in the pocket can be that guy.)

We wouldn't be in Atlanta if we had won those two - we would have been tied with Bama and lost the tie breaker.

Tater
11-26-2022, 09:49 AM
We wouldn't be in Atlanta if we had won those two - we would have been tied with Bama and lost the tie breaker.

Bama is losing to Auburn today.

This season was all about making Aggy miserable. The best way to do that is to have 13 SEC teams bowl eligible. Vandy and Auburn need wins to make that happen now that Mizzou did. Also my gambling self threw a 1u to win 100u parlay on those three teams winning this weekend. So I really want it to happen. Would be comedy gold.

Actually it gets to a 3-Way tie and the tiebreaker goes all the way to G. Non Div Opp combined record.

8-0 + 2-6 for us (in this scenario)
6-2/5-3 + 2-6/3-5 for bama (regardless cause utk plays vandy)
6-2/5-3 + 3-5 for LSU

We'd win tiebreaker and be in regardless of Bama outcome today. We'd just need LSU to not lose as well today

DownwardDawg
11-26-2022, 10:27 AM
Bama is losing to Auburn today.

This season was all about making Aggy miserable. The best way to do that is to have 13 SEC teams bowl eligible. Vandy and Auburn need wins to make that happen now that Mizzou did. Also my gambling self threw a 1u to win 100u parlay on those three teams winning this weekend. So I really want it to happen. Would be comedy gold.

Actually it gets to a 3-Way tie and the tiebreaker goes all the way to G. Non Div Opp combined record.

8-0 + 2-6 for us (in this scenario)
6-2/5-3 + 2-6/3-5 for bama (regardless cause utk plays vandy)
6-2/5-3 + 3-5 for LSU

We'd win tiebreaker and be in regardless of Bama outcome today. We'd just need LSU to not lose as well today

You would make a little money but all that hurts State in the bowl picture. You are cheering against everything that State needs to get a better bowl.
We need Bama to win(which is a certain by the way) and we need Tennessee to win.

And no, Bama with a win today would own the tiebreaker against us in your scenario. We would both have 2 SEC losses. 1 to a West team and 1 to an East team. Bama beat us head to head.
That's the tiebreaker.

DudyDawg
11-26-2022, 01:44 PM
Wasn?t our win total 6.5 coming into the year? I?d say surpassing that by 1.5 games is a good year regardless of the program. Especially including a rivalry win.

Tater
11-26-2022, 01:46 PM
You would make a little money but all that hurts State in the bowl picture. You are cheering against everything that State needs to get a better bowl.
We need Bama to win(which is a certain by the way) and we need Tennessee to win.

And no, Bama with a win today would own the tiebreaker against us in your scenario. We would both have 2 SEC losses. 1 to a West team and 1 to an East team. Bama beat us head to head.
That's the tiebreaker.

A "better bowl" really means not much honestly. No one cares how many Outback's or Citrus Bowls you have. NY6 and the rest. I just care about it being a decent destination and I might travel for the Holidays to there.

Tater
11-26-2022, 01:49 PM
Wasn?t our win total 6.5 coming into the year? I?d say surpassing that by 1.5 games is a good year regardless of the program. Especially including a rivalry win.

o6.5 wins was -160

So 10u paid out 6.25u (or $100 bet won you $62.50)

Homerism wins rock.

DudyDawg
11-26-2022, 02:31 PM
o6.5 wins was -160

So 10u paid out 6.25u (or $100 bet won you $62.50)

Homerism wins rock.

Couldn?t recall where the price ended. So we exceeded vegas expectations by about a win. I?d consider that a success.