PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: Lane Goes to AU and Takes a Dozen or So OM Players With Him

Goldendawg
11-23-2022, 03:19 PM
College players now have a better free agent setup than the NFL. Do you think there could be a major reaction or rule change on transfers if Lane takes a lot of players with him to AU gutting the OM program for a couple of years?

Desoto1967
11-23-2022, 03:23 PM
Same logic they hire another hotshot who brings his guys in

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 03:28 PM
College players now have a better free agent setup than the NFL. Do you think there could be a major reaction or rule change on transfers if Lane takes a lot of players with him to AU gutting the OM program for a couple of years?

I don't think he would take a lot of players with him, but the ones who had previously transferred to OM would have to sit out a year. Dart still has a red shirt year he could use if he decided to transfer. So to answer your question, in reference to Kiffin going to Auburn, I wouldn't see any NCAA rule changes on transfers.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 03:32 PM
Same logic they hire another hotshot who brings his guys in

One name rumored is Luke Fickell. Don't know if he would leave Ohio. They think they can hire anybody now. lol

Desoto1967
11-23-2022, 03:35 PM
Just read Huskers looking at him

Tripp McNeely
11-23-2022, 04:01 PM
One name rumored is Luke Fickell. Don't know if he would leave Ohio. They think they can hire anybody now. lol

Fickell is a pipe dream for them! 😂

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 04:44 PM
Fickell is a pipe dream for them! ��

Yeah, I know. That's why I did the lol

RocketDawg
11-23-2022, 04:52 PM

Yes, the transfer rule needs to be changed. Go back to sitting out one season for transfers.

RocketDawg
11-23-2022, 04:54 PM
Fickell is a pipe dream for them! ��

They could get Brett Favre. Would fit their system.

lastmajordog
11-23-2022, 05:23 PM
It will be interesting IF lane leaves if he will do so with more class, DIGNITY and concern than DM did with the “DOGS” .....

Goldendawg
11-23-2022, 05:48 PM
It will be interesting IF lane leaves if he will do so with more class, DIGNITY and concern than DM did with the “DOGS” .....

Read the Richard Cross statements. Probably many OM people have already turned on Lane. Lane got fired before by Al Davis and by USC West on an airport tarmac after a USC loss. He is all about Lane and class and dignity will be in his rear view window and no looking back on the road or private jet ride to the Plaines. Now if he changes his mind, all will be forgiven ASAP!

Schultzy
11-23-2022, 05:59 PM
Seems like Riley hurt Oklahoma bad by taking a bunch of players w/him to USC

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 06:00 PM

It's sure hasn't been trending like that this week or part of last week. So my answer is a definite no.