PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Fitz's podcasts w/ Mashburn?

Leroy Jenkins
11-22-2022, 08:23 AM
"The has been and the never was".

Santiago
11-22-2022, 08:29 AM
Someone last week on a thread said Fitz brought up something, but now I cannot remember what it was about. Someone help me here, please.

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2022, 10:47 AM
Someone last week on a thread said Fitz brought up something, but now I cannot remember what it was about. Someone help me here, please.

That was me. It was Fitz talking about when Mullen left.

I've been listening. Its not a great podcast production wise - and you can tell they are armatures. But, Fitz normally has something interesting to say about his experience at State.

notNoahMashburn
11-22-2022, 12:32 PM
It stinks. Would never listen. But if I were to listen. This is how I would go about that. I would go to the Apple podcast app or Spotify and search ?the has been and the never was show?. And I would also click the 5 star review. But again I would never listen. Lastly if I were to listen I would tune in tomorrow for behind the scenes of the 2016-2018 Egg bowls. But I wouldn?t listen. Show stinks.

notNoahMashburn
11-22-2022, 12:36 PM
"The has been and the never was".

It stinks. Would never listen. But if I were to listen. This is how I would go about that. I would go to the Apple podcast app or Spotify and search ?the has been and the never was show?. And I would also click the 5 star review. But again I would never listen. Lastly if I were to listen I would tune in tomorrow for behind the scenes of the 2016-2018 Egg bowls. But I wouldn?t listen. Show stinks.

Commercecomet24
11-22-2022, 02:08 PM

I've been listening. Its not a great podcast production wise - and you can tell they are armatures. But, Fitz normally has something interesting to say about his experience at State.

You know for all the crap some people talk about Fitz, I love the kid. He literally gave his body for State and had dumb butt Dan stuck around another year we might be talking about Fitz as a State legend.

dawgman15
11-22-2022, 02:10 PM
You know for all crap some people talk about Fitz I love the kid. He literally gave his body for State and had dumb butt Dan stuck around another year we might be talking about Fitz as a State legend.

You're right, a lot of the dislike came after moorehead arrived

TrapGame
11-22-2022, 02:16 PM

Moorhead had no idea how to use Fitz. The first red flag he wasn't an offensive guru. It's like taking Will and telling him he's got to be a dual threat next year and running him 20 times a game.

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2022, 02:22 PM
You know for all the crap some people talk about Fitz, I love the kid. He literally gave his body for State and had dumb butt Dan stuck around another year we might be talking about Fitz as a State legend.

Fitz has been my Dawg since he ran all over Glynn Academy in 2013. One of the best individual athletic performances I've seen from a high school kid. Got to stick up for my Coastal GA guys like Fitz and Slay.

That's not entirely true. There was a lot of heat on Fitz early in '16. The A&M game shut a lot of that up.

Desoto1967
11-22-2022, 03:47 PM
The Mayor of Oxford.

Love to have him on a rainy night

confucius say
11-22-2022, 04:27 PM
If we just run the 2018 auburn game plan every week with kylin, fitz, and Aries we are 11-1. Four interceptions vs lsu and Joe just kept throwing it despite us averaging 5.5 yards a carry.

dawgman15
11-22-2022, 04:48 PM
If we just run the 2018 auburn game plan every week with kylin, fitz, and Aries we are 11-1. Four interceptions vs lsu and Joe just kept throwing it despite us averaging 5.5 yards a carry.

I sat in that cold rain coming down and swore to myself i was not going back to Tiger Stadium

Bothrops
11-23-2022, 12:47 AM
Fitz is actually one of the better players in SEC football, of all time.

duncflydawg
11-23-2022, 07:44 AM
What could have been? Fitz was amazing. He wasn?t the best passer, but he was good enough when he wasn?t being asked to RPO every single play.

tcdog70
11-23-2022, 12:26 PM
As a Soph—with Ross and Bear Fitz lead the SEC in total offense. The toughest SOB to ever wear the Maroon And White. Did he ever fumble? A DBs nightmare

dawgman15
11-23-2022, 12:46 PM
As a Soph—with Ross and Bear Fitz lead the SEC in total offense. The toughest SOB to ever wear the Maroon And White. Did he ever fumble? A DBs nightmare

Bear left with Dak but Ross had a 1000 yard season

Tbonewannabe
11-23-2022, 01:29 PM
That 2018 team should have won a minimum of 10 regular season games. Only Croom could have made that team play worse. A six year old just mashing buttons on a Playstation would have won at least 9 games.

duncflydawg
11-23-2022, 02:48 PM
Just listened to the last podcast. It?s good stuff, way better than Rosebowls which lasts forever and is 1/2 spent lecturing the fan base, 1/2 top 10 list and a little bit of Mississippi State.

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2022, 02:55 PM
Just listened to the last podcast. It?s good stuff, way better than Rosebowls which lasts forever and is 1/2 spent lecturing the fan base, 1/2 top 10 list and a little bit of Mississippi State.

And the book promos

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2022, 02:59 PM

I’ll support Fitz in whatever he does — good, bad or in between. He forever earned it in my book taking that awful cheap shot in the Egg Bowl. Still makes my blood boil.

duncflydawg
11-23-2022, 06:15 PM
And the book promos I used to listen to him faithfully, but I can?t stomach it anymore. I also enjoy hearing how he already knew everything after the fact.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2022, 06:22 PM
I’ll support Fitz in whatever he does — good, bad or in between. He forever earned it in my book taking that awful cheap shot in the Egg Bowl. Still makes my blood boil.

Exactly!

Cowbell
11-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Fitz will forever be the most underappreciated player we have had come through here. I feel so bad for the way he got shafted with the jomo hire. That joke of a QB coach he brought it was a major red flag right off the bat and kept fits from righting his own history along with that 85 bears defense.

And I place all of the blame on Mullen ultimately

lastmajordog
11-23-2022, 08:58 PM
Anyone that saw Fitz DESTROY the last Freeze team in ox has no ground to say anything negative. HE gave everything he had and embarrassed that om team. I won?t say he did it single handed but it was mostly Fitz, they simply could not handle him.......hope he is doing well. Thank you Fitz for one of the best football nights of my life. Probably the last game I?ll go to and it was in the Vaught, cold, and wonderful. And none of the om faithful had ANYTHING to say except compliments.

duncflydawg
11-23-2022, 11:42 PM
I?m surprised with his speed and physicality that he didn?t make it as a TE on an NFL squad.