PDA

View Full Version : Kiffin?s a goner

SailingDawg
11-21-2022, 08:02 PM
By the guy that broke the Cohen hire

https://twitter.com/jonsokoloff/status/1594852462422261766?s=46&t=H7YT6t-V8acr5vFDMzOLVQ

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-21-2022, 09:08 PM
Good news. But honestly, I don't get it... Auburn has a harder schedule, higher expectations, dysfunctional boosters, and the fans will compare you to Bama and UGA. DOes Auburn have more resources? Sure, but OM know how to get $$$ to croots too. If I was Kiffin I'd chill on 10M a year at OM till a true blue blood came calling, but I'm glad he's not.

SailingDawg
11-21-2022, 09:22 PM
Heck if I had made a few million by age forty I would have long retired. But coaches are competitive and want a new challenge.

Political Hack
11-21-2022, 09:38 PM
Let me be the first to say "thank you" to John Cohen. One of the best things he's ever done for State.

As far as LK choosing Auburn, them probably moving to the east with Alabama when the next 2 join the west, likely weighed into his decision. Winning the East at Auburn sounds easier than winning the West at Ole Miss. And they have as much money as they need for the NIL, and are two hours from a top 5 metro area (market opportunities and a huge player pool).

Commercecomet24
11-21-2022, 09:40 PM
Let me be the first to say "thank you" to John Cohen. One of the best things he's ever done for State.

As far as LK choosing Auburn, them probably moving to the east with Alabama when the next 2 join the west, likely weighed into his decision. Winning the East at Auburn sounds easier than winning the West at Ole Miss. And they have as much money as they need for the NIL, and are two hours from a top 5 metro area (market opportunities and a huge player pool).

Seconded! Hope you're doing well, Hack.

Todd4State
11-21-2022, 10:02 PM

Between this and getting our NIL kick started by poor mouthing us he has done more for us as an AD at Auburn than he did as MSU's AD.

Catfish
11-21-2022, 10:09 PM
Between this and getting our NIL kick started by poor mouthing us he has done more for us as an AD at Auburn than he did as MSU's AD.

Rep!!

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 10:13 PM

That's so true.

Todd4State
11-21-2022, 10:16 PM
Rep!!

Thank you!

maroonmania
11-21-2022, 10:55 PM

I am starting to really like the Chris Jans hire.

SilentSteel16
11-21-2022, 11:12 PM
Lane’s Twitter is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/status/1594881175683637254?s=46&t=E-EMt51DzMmkfuqsL8q4gg

The Federalist Engineer
11-21-2022, 11:27 PM
Good news. But honestly, I don't get it... Auburn has a harder schedule, higher expectations, dysfunctional boosters, and the fans will compare you to Bama and UGA. DOes Auburn have more resources? Sure, but OM know how to get $$$ to croots too. If I was Kiffin I'd chill on 10M a year at OM till a true blue blood came calling, but I'm glad he's not.

All this is exactly what I think of Auburn. Maybe Tim Cook is throwing in Apple Stock Options to make Auburn more fantastically rich than we can possibly know.

DownwardDawg
11-21-2022, 11:27 PM
Lane’s Twitter is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/lane_kiffin/status/1594881175683637254?s=46&t=E-EMt51DzMmkfuqsL8q4gg

What's hilarious is that people think John Cohen hired Kiffin away from ole miss. Auburn boosters made this hire. They just put Cohen in seat so they can say he made the hire. But if Cohen leaked this, then hats off to him for that.

DownwardDawg
11-21-2022, 11:29 PM

Good to see you post Hack.

duncflydawg
11-23-2022, 07:55 AM
I know they don?t want to hear this, but Kiffin pretty much found OMs ceiling and he knows it.

klong-dog
11-23-2022, 08:06 AM
Higher resources but similar in moving one state over, just to be little bro again.

ImissCityBagel
11-23-2022, 08:23 AM
Nobody is shocked that he is job hopping away....but nobody expected Auburn. I just don't see the fit. He won't be there long either.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-23-2022, 10:03 AM
Wasnt it Obama that said ?Dont underestimate John Cohens ability to F things up??