PDA

View Full Version : If Lane has been offered a extension

Leroy Jenkins
11-21-2022, 04:17 PM
Why not just sign it and put all the speculation to rest? If he is staying this cant be helping with recruiting or current players.
Normally, when coach extensions are announced it is after they are already signed, not when they are offered. I understand OM putting the word out about the offer so the AD can say "hey, we tried to lock him in" in the event Lane is leaving.

As I see it the only benefit to delay signing the extension, if he is staying, would be to garner some extra media attention at the presser when he makes the announcement to stay.

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 04:20 PM
Lane on TV: "I love it here."

Camera gets closer on unsigned extension on his desk collecting dust.

thf24
11-21-2022, 04:22 PM
OM is having him wait so they can flip their own coach***

Leroy Jenkins
11-21-2022, 05:40 PM

Rep

BeardoMSU
11-21-2022, 05:47 PM
McCready said today that he's at 85/15% Lane going to Auburn. Hopefully his team plays like shit Thursday night.

BeardoMSU
11-21-2022, 06:13 PM
His weekly Monday presser did nothing to quell the hysteria and put his fanbase at ease. He also hasn't talked to his players about it, lol.

He gone.

ScoobaDawg
11-21-2022, 06:15 PM
Same reason Dan let extensions sit... he gone

BeardoMSU
11-21-2022, 06:32 PM
Same reason Dan let extensions sit... he gone

Yup

Commercecomet24
11-21-2022, 06:45 PM
Lanes pulling a Mullen!

Turfdawg67
11-21-2022, 07:04 PM
Why not just sign it and put all the speculation to rest? If he is staying this cant be helping with recruiting or current players.
Normally, when coach extensions are announced it is after they are already signed, not when they are offered. I understand OM putting the word out about the offer so the AD can say "hey, we tried to lock him in" in the event Lane is leaving.

As I see it the only benefit to delay signing the extension, if he is staying, would be to garner some extra media attention at the presser when he makes the announcement to stay.

Maybe he countered and is awaiting the new one? I don't believe that, I think he's gone too.

Turfdawg67
11-21-2022, 07:06 PM
McCready said today that he's at 85/15% Lane going to Auburn. Hopefully his team plays like shit Thursday night.

They gone flip Lane after the Egg! Y'all fell for it again! Lolz... ***

Turfdawg67
11-21-2022, 07:07 PM

Dang. Sorry, I should've read the thread first. Rep given.

BeardoMSU
11-21-2022, 07:19 PM
They gone flip Lane after the Egg! Y'all fell for it again! Lolz... ***

I'm clearly a dipshit, lol.

(And a Commie, according to WMD**)

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 08:26 PM

His weekly Monday presser did nothing to quell the hysteria and put his fanbase at ease. He also hasn't talked to his players about it, lol.

He gone.

We will see Lane call a very mediocre game Thursday night. Dart, Judkins and any other player going with him ain't gonna be put into a situation that ruins their playing time at Auburn.

And the other coaches won't exactly have their minds on it either.

Leroy Jenkins
11-21-2022, 08:28 PM
The other possibility is that he hasn't been offered the AU job, and he hasn't signed the extension because he is waiting on an AU offer.

RocketDawg
11-21-2022, 08:51 PM
We will see Lane call a very mediocre game Thursday night. Dart, Judkins and any other player going with him ain't gonna be put into a situation that ruins their playing time at Auburn.

Could they be in an Auburn uniform for the Iron Bowl?

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 11:24 AM
Could they be in an Auburn uniform for the Iron Bowl?

Nope........ and Cadillac is coaching that game.

TrapGame
11-23-2022, 11:29 AM
The other possibility is that he hasn't been offered the AU job, and he hasn't signed the extension because he is waiting on an AU offer.

We have a winner!

Per Not A Fan, Lane officially interviewed via Zoom yesterday, knocked it outta the park. He believes AU will officially offer Lane today. We might get a Pete Thamel tweet late this afternoon or early tonight.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 12:21 PM
We have a winner!

Per Not A Fan, Lane officially interviewed via Zoom yesterday, knocked it outta the park. He believes AU will officially offer Lane today. We might get a Pete Thamel tweet late this afternoon or early tonight.

Like I posted on another thread, Kiffin supposedly interviewed last week and was offered the job yesterday afternoon according to Chuck Rounsaville. Rumors were 6 year and $75 to 77 million deal but that is only rumors.

TrapGame
11-23-2022, 12:29 PM
Like I posted on another thread, Kiffin supposedly interviewed last week and was offered the job yesterday afternoon according to Chuck Rounsaville. Rumors were 6 year and $75 to 77 million deal but that is only rumors.

Yeah, I posted that before you posted in the other thread.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 12:30 PM

According to Chuck Rounsaville , Kiffin got an offer from Auburn yesterday afternoon. So we will see how it all plays out. Kiffin is treating this as a joke by trolling on social media, and took what some think were some jabs at the OM football program at his press conference on Monday and some of the OM people are upset with the way he is handling this situation.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I posted that before you posted in the other thread.

No problem......Wasn't anything negative toward you. I was just updating on this thread.

TrapGame
11-23-2022, 12:44 PM
No problem......Wasn't anything negative toward you. I was just updating on this thread.

No, it's cool.

It's kinda weird Chuck and Not A fan are not on the same page.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 12:49 PM
No, it's cool.

It's kinda weird Chuck and Not A fan are not on the same page.

Yeah it is but I guess if you are "Not A Fan" you may just not be quite in the know as somebody who is "A Fan". But none of the 247 Mods were aware either, but they probably don't communicate anymore being on competing sites.

TrapGame
11-23-2022, 12:52 PM
Yeah it is but I guess if you are "Not A Fan" you may just not be quite in the know as somebody who is "A Fan". But none of the 247 Mods were aware either, but they probably don't communicate anymore being on competing sites.

Good point.

yjnkdawg
11-23-2022, 12:55 PM

We probably have the best setup for the OM game we possibly could have (since we have to play at Vaught-Hemingway) with all the distractions and it looks like a bunch of rain soaked sharks who do decide to attend. I hope we don't blow this opportunity.

Goldendawg
11-23-2022, 03:12 PM
I would look forward to playing OM in the future without Lane no matter who they get. He will also probably have a large # of OM players follow him, leaving the new coach to rebuild. After TX/OK join the SEC, doubt AU is a set opponent and we see less of AU led Lane. Hail State!

Turfdawg67
11-23-2022, 04:33 PM
We probably have the best setup for the OM game we possibly could have (since we have to play at Vaught-Hemingway) with all the distractions and it looks like a bunch of rain soaked sharks who do decide to attend. I hope we don't blow this opportunity.

Except for the fact that we aren't heading to the SEC Championship game, it reminds me a lot of 1998 Egg Bowl. I was there for that one and we were shouting "Auburn" during the 4th quarter

Pancho
11-23-2022, 04:34 PM
Except for the fact that we aren't heading to the SEC Championship game, it reminds me a lot of 1998 Egg Bowl. I was there for that one and we were shouting "Auburn" during the 4th quarter

JJ ran over and thru em all nite

viverlibre
11-23-2022, 11:55 PM

As soon as he signs it, he loses leverage.

Pancho
11-24-2022, 07:35 AM
any news is good news for a narcissist. Kiffin fits that profile to a Tee

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2022, 07:47 AM
75-77 for 6 years? Wow. OM cant offer $12.5 per year.

Maybe this latest round of "he's staying" is nothing more than OM trying to avoid an ugly scene Thursday night. Things got ugly in Knoxville the night he resigned at UT.

duncflydawg
11-24-2022, 10:01 AM
If he was staying he would sign the extension and the university would be shouting it from every outlet available. This has become a huge distraction and has damaged the OM football team. Why would you do that if you were planning on sticking around. My guess is that it?s an agreement in principle and Lane will sign after the Egg Bowl.

Leroy Jenkins
11-24-2022, 10:06 AM
As soon as he signs it, he loses leverage.

He has all the leverage now. The leaver cant get any longer.

TheLostDawg
11-24-2022, 10:49 AM

The question is does he sign it right before the game, to fire them up? If he doesn't then he's gone

DownwardDawg
11-24-2022, 11:16 AM

I mean.....No. That's not true at all. If he had signed it already, then the negotiations end. There is no more leverage. He could gain a few more million by holding out another day or so and letting schools battle for him. Hell, there could be an offer come in at the last minute from another school. So he has leverage until he signs something. Then he loses it for at least a year.

RocketDawg
11-24-2022, 12:00 PM

Yeah, I see it that way too.

TrapGame
11-24-2022, 12:44 PM
I mean.....No. That's not true at all. If he had signed it already, then the negotiations end. There is no more leverage. He could gain a few more million by holding out another day or so and letting schools battle for him. Hell, there could be an offer come in at the last minute from another school. So he has leverage until he signs something. Then he loses it for at least a year.

I think he's waiting to see if a shoe drops with A&M.