PDA

View Full Version : Per Rosebowl Re: Egg Bowl

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 09:40 AM
Per Rosie, the team spent all of one day last week preparing for ETSU. The other days they spent prepping for OM. The team was looking at film Saturday night as well.

I hope is shows Thursday night.

msstate7
11-21-2022, 09:42 AM
Excellent use of time.

Watching OM's game Saturday much, makes me wonder if they did the same haha

Maroonthirteen
11-21-2022, 09:54 AM
Defensively what do you do in this game to slow their rush?

Can we go to a 3-4-4 often or occasionally? Add an LB to slow their rush and challenge man to man in the secondary? Blitz them if they mix up to pass on first down.

Or do stay 3-3-5 and you spy Dart with a DB?

msstate7
11-21-2022, 09:58 AM
Gonna have to bring safeties up, and hope they miss on the long shots

BuckyIsAB****
11-21-2022, 09:59 AM
The biggest problems they will give us is perimeter screens and motion. Thats what hurt us last year. They wont do much between the tackles. If it was me I would absolutely tweak coverage to have the Dog safety on the QB on 3rd downs. They will go fast and probably crack block a lot to get to the edge

msstate7
11-21-2022, 10:01 AM
How does their field drain? Rain may hurt our offense, but could help our defense

BrunswickDawg
11-21-2022, 10:02 AM
How does their field drain? Rain may hurt our offense, but could help our defense

Hopefully better than Lake Swayze

Santiago
11-21-2022, 10:05 AM
Wheat and Crumedy need to dominate.
Need Duncan and Preston having a game.

coachnorm
11-21-2022, 10:31 AM
Did they practice something to replace swing passes and check downs? Practice swing passes and check downs 25 hours a day 8 days a week and we still get our asses blistered?

HoopsDawg
11-21-2022, 10:34 AM
Did they practice something to replace swing passes and check downs? Practice swing passes and check downs 25 hours a day 8 days a week and we still get our asses blistered?

Yeah, I mean Leach doesn't game plan. So I guess it was the defense game planning for Ole Miss.

Santiago
11-21-2022, 10:38 AM
I like the play we ran Saturday, of faking handoff to RB and he slips through the line and past LB for an open pass play.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-21-2022, 10:44 AM
I think our key on defense would be selling out to stopping the run and have Dart try to beat us with his arm. I really don?t think we need to blitz much if at all because blitzing would open up running lanes.

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 11:10 AM
I think our key on defense would be selling out to stopping the run and have Dart try to beat us with his arm. I really don?t think we need to blitz much if at all because blitzing would open up running lanes.

Yep. Dart will eat our lunch on blitzes. Stop the run and make Dart throw.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-21-2022, 11:13 AM
Yep. Dart will eat our lunch on blitzes. Stop the run and make Dart throw.
If he can beat us with his arm then it just wasnt our day.

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 11:19 AM
If he can beat us with his arm then it just wasnt our day.

I'd love for Forbes to get a couple of picks off Dart.

Churchill
11-21-2022, 11:20 AM
I hope we have prepared to de-cleat Heath

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 11:23 AM

Are we taking targeting bets?

GoDawgz
11-21-2022, 11:33 AM

Over/under on how fast Heath is a part of an "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" call? 1st qtr, 2nd qtr.....

Lord McBuckethead
11-21-2022, 11:48 AM
2nd Quarter.

LC Dawg
11-21-2022, 12:07 PM
Anyone think there's a chance the SEC reviews the Reese punch from Saturday and suspends him?

Cooterpoot
11-21-2022, 12:19 PM

40% chance of rain

msstate7
11-21-2022, 12:31 PM
40% chance of rain

That's game time though, right? Looks like rain in the afternoon

confucius say
11-21-2022, 12:51 PM
It's 60% at game time and will rain before that.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-21-2022, 01:13 PM
Anyone think there's a chance the SEC reviews the Reese punch from Saturday and suspends him?

I don't think they will. It's 100% clear that he did throw a punch. However, it appeared he threw a punch at the ball to dislodge it, not at the player. Of course you could ask why he was trying to dislodge the ball at all since the play was over and the whistle had blown. I don't see a real issue other than a player being a jackass. I don't think he was trying to fight. And if we suspended players for acting like jackasses, there would be some thin rosters in college football on game day.

Dawgology
11-21-2022, 02:20 PM
7-8 in the box and pressure Dart. Make his beat us through the air. They will connect on some long bombs but they won?t be able to win with only that.

My big question is how do we get our offense to score?

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 02:26 PM
7-8 in the box and pressure Dart. Make his beat us through the air. They will connect on some long bombs but they won?t be able to win with only that.

LOL! Their defense isn't that good. Those first few games padded some stats. Their D is about like Arkansas' or A&M's.

PikeDawg15
11-21-2022, 02:52 PM
Please Lord do not let it rain. Just postpone it until 5 minutes after the game is over. Please

Jarius
11-21-2022, 03:10 PM
LOL! Their defense isn't that good. Those first few games padded some stats. Their D is about like Arkansas' or A&M's.

Our problem is the game is on the road. Hopefully we can take advantage of a weak defense on the road and not look like we did against Kentucky.

Desoto1967
11-21-2022, 03:23 PM
Did that TCU win keep State from having a chance at a trip to Orlando?

Percho
11-21-2022, 03:28 PM

Not if we get 3.5 per swing score TD's at the end and use a lot of clock.

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 03:53 PM
Our problem is the game is on the road. Hopefully we can take advantage of a weak defense on the road and not look like we did against Kentucky.

Throw this game out as a road game. This is a rivalry game.

Goldendawg
11-21-2022, 05:48 PM
I hope Leach has them ready. Several times recently, home or away, it looked like they wanted it more than us, even when they took the field with Dan & Leach.

KOdawg1
11-21-2022, 06:36 PM
Yeah but Arkansas and A&M were at home and this is on the road, where our offensive hasn't functioned. Add in the rain, and the concerns about our offense are valid

Turfdawg67
11-21-2022, 07:21 PM

That's what I was thinking when I read your first paragraph. Connecting on a few bombs may be all they need.

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 08:15 PM
Yeah but Arkansas and A&M were at home and this is on the road, where our offensive hasn't functioned. Add in the rain, and the concerns about our offense are valid

Now add in it's gonna break that Lane is moving on Thursday afternoon. Dart ain't killing himself when he's going to play for Lane at AU. Neither is Judkins.

Lane is going to call a mediocre game. His mind will be on moving to Auburn. Shit, he may be doing Leach a solid Thursday night on the down low.

Jarius
11-21-2022, 08:35 PM
Throw this game out as a road game. This is a rivalry game.

That doesn’t prevent false starts and crowd noise effectiveness on our OL not being able to communicate. I hope we beat their ass to death but I can’t ignore what we have looked like on the road as an offense.

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 08:47 PM
That doesn’t prevent false starts and crowd noise effectiveness on our OL not being able to communicate. I hope we beat their ass to death but I can’t ignore what we have looked like on the road as an offense.

I'm willing to bet that's not the case Thursday night.

coachnorm
11-21-2022, 11:00 PM
Not if we get 3.5 per swing score TD's at the end and use a lot of clock.

We are going into game 12 and the data points indicate a totally opposite scenario to this statement. Swing passes and check downs have been catastrophic this season. Do you believe that doing the same thing in game 12 will net something different from the previous 11 games?

Reunion Dog
11-22-2022, 04:28 AM
17 Rosebud. Send his goofy looking ass to Auburn for good.

Desoto1967
11-22-2022, 04:33 PM
Well listening to his podcast, Rosebud said Keenum is stressing how much he is expecting a win this week.

confucius say
11-22-2022, 04:58 PM

Yea we've been bad on the road.
I'm just hoping for a subdued, nervous, wet crowd on Thursday. Plus their stadium isn't as hostile or loud as KY, LSU, or Bama. We'll see.

lastmajordog
11-22-2022, 05:26 PM
Yea we've been bad on the road.
I'm just hoping for a subdued, nervous, wet crowd on Thursday. Plus their stadium isn't as hostile or loud as KY, LSU, or Bama. We'll see.

It sure wasn’t when Fitz was doing 50 yard sprints ......and fins down.....but I guess like any law school...they got their revenge....