PDA

View Full Version : Away from civilization

biscuit
11-27-2013, 12:12 PM
For a few days. Deer camp and no media. I get home check up everything and then I am just blown away by what I saw.....Please tell me that we are not wearing those gosh awful, crappy looking, gold helmets. Just when I thought we couldn't screw up our uniforms any more, I see this. Our colors are MAROON and WHITE. sigh

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
11-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Yay, another thread about this.**

HunterDawg
11-27-2013, 12:30 PM
For a few days. Deer camp and no media. I get home check up everything and then I am just blown away by what I saw.....Please tell me that we are not wearing those gosh awful, crappy looking, gold helmets. Just when I thought we couldn't screw up our uniforms any more, I see this. Our colors are MAROON and WHITE. sigh

I am just not much into gimmicks. I don't think you win football games with gimmicks. Gold helmets and tricking the other team about injuries (if we are doing that) and things like that are very unlikely to have any real effect on the outcome of a game.

The team that blocks and tackles and runs and catches and intercepts and converts on third down and scores in the red zone will win, not the one with the coolest helmet. That stuff is really for the fans.

I think Dan has used the gimmick stuff until it no longer has any real effect, and some of them have been counterproductive and fired them up more than us. I had rather see us take this game seriously and business like and count on playing well instead of some tricky thing. After the first snap, all that stuff is meaningless. It is big man on big man and speed against speed and LB's against running backs, etc. and that is all that matters.

Drugdog
11-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Biscuit try another flavor of ice cream besides Vanilla.

biscuit
11-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Biscuit try another flavor of ice cream besides Vanilla.

Drugdog, go somke another bowl. If you like those ghetto helmets, have fun with it. I personally think they suck. I guess it matches the gold grills.

was21
11-27-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't think Dan has much to say about it.