PDA

View Full Version : If the Leach rumors are true...

Randolph Dupree
11-20-2022, 12:17 PM
And he hangs it up after the Egg Bowl, first I hope he is ok. Second, I'm good gambling on Coach Prime; here's why:

1. We currently lack swag and NIL. Prime has enough swag to go around. He's cocky enough and driven enough to make a run at a place like MSU. Will instantly bring an edge and confidence to the program. He's got ties with Barstool, ESPN, and a go-zillion pro athletes and other businesses. He'll bring a charge to our NIL situation. Couple that with an AD that knows how to raise money and we might have something.

2. Cruit'n - there isn't a living room in the south that he can't get into. Doesn't matter if the family has ties to another program, he's still going to get a shot. All the kids and parents know who he is. He's the type of name and personality that all we need to do is be in the ballpark with NIL and see if he can close the gap. Also, he's been in MS for a few years now, he knows the coaches and HS programs so me need to build new relationships on a large scale.

3. Hey, he's never coached at a big time program? I can't argue that BUT he knows what big time football looks like he'll be fine

4. I like the fact that he'd be a CEO and recruiting type coach. Sick of getting a coach that's married to a single offensive or defensive style. Run the program, make game plans, allow yourself flexibility to adapt to new trends in offense or defense via coordinators.

Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of Coach Prime. Never have been BUT I've paid attention to him during his time in Jackson and looking at the way college football is evolving I think we could do a lot worse and what we really need for this program is some energy. What we don't need is another 55+ retread coach.

RezDog7
11-20-2022, 12:20 PM
And he hangs it up after the Egg Bowl, first I hope he is ok. Second, I'm good gambling on Coach Prime; here's why:

1. We currently lack swag and NIL. Prime has enough swag to go around. He's cocky enough and driven enough to make a run at a place like MSU. Will instantly bring an edge and confidence to the program. He's got ties with Barstool, ESPN, and a go-zillion pro athletes and other businesses. He'll bring a charge to our NIL situation. Couple that with an AD that knows how to raise money and we might have something.

2. Cruit'n - there isn't a living room in the south that he can't get into. Doesn't matter if the family has ties to another program, he's still going to get a shot. All the kids and parents know who he is. He's the type of name and personality that all we need to do is be in the ballpark with NIL and see if he can close the gap. Also, he's been in MS for a few years now, he knows the coaches and HS programs so me need to build new relationships on a large scale.

3. Hey, he's never coached at a big time program? I can't argue that BUT he knows what big time football looks like he'll be fine

4. I like the fact that he'd be a CEO and recruiting type coach. Sick of getting a coach that's married to a single offensive or defensive style. Run the program, make game plans, allow yourself flexibility to adapt to new trends in offense or defense via coordinators.

Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of Coach Prime. Never have been BUT I've paid attention to him during his time in Jackson and looking at the way college football is evolving I think we could do a lot worse and what we really need for this program is some energy. What we don't need is another 55+ retread coach.

Consider the source of the rumor. You'd have a better chance at losing weight from magic coffee beans than this rumor being true.

Coach34
11-20-2022, 12:23 PM
Consider the source of the rumor. You'd have a better chance at losing weight from magic coffee beans than this rumor being true.

What a terrible thing to say about StarkVegasSteve. What’s he done to you?

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?94150-Rumblings-and-Rumors

Randolph Dupree
11-20-2022, 12:26 PM

Not putting a ton of stock in it but judging by our crowd yesterday and our AD situation I figure Leach has, at most, one more year. Very little to no excitement around our program right now and this is a business. A coach has to put butts in seats. The AD and staff have to help by providing a solid game day experience but bottom line is the fans have to have something to look forward to on game day. We don't have that right now.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 12:38 PM
Not putting a ton of stock in it but judging by our crowd yesterday and our AD situation I figure Leach has, at most, one more year. Very little to no excitement around our program right now and this is a business. A coach has to put butts in seats. The AD and staff have to help by providing a solid game day experience but bottom line is the fans have to have something to look forward to on game day. We don't have that right now.

Beat Ole miss and kiffin gets in the pine box to auburn will bring this fan base all the way back.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 12:40 PM

If the Leach crap is true or he cant win thursday.

Prime would be in my top 3 candidates

1. Matt Rhule
2. Sonny Dykes
3. Deion Sanders

Leroy Jenkins
11-20-2022, 12:44 PM
I love the Leach of the early 2000's. I do not love this version, it feels like Ben Stein trying to sell me eyedrops.
I don't know if its health, fat bank account, or if his give-a-shit is broken.
What I do feel confident in is the fact that it is all downhill from here (based on his demeanor) and its time to cut sling load.

Homedawg
11-20-2022, 12:55 PM

1. Matt Rhule
2. Sonny Dykes
3. Deion Sanders

1- no chance
2- no chance
3- not happening either

Randolph Dupree
11-20-2022, 12:57 PM
1- no chance
2- no chance
3- not happening either

Aight, so your top 3 are????

Really Clark?
11-20-2022, 12:57 PM

1. Matt Rhule
2. Sonny Dykes
3. Deion Sanders

He's your only choice then. With the longest outside shot at Rhule. You can 100% forget Dykes even picking up the phone, we have absolutely no chance to pull him. Why leave his home state making $6 Mil and very well may be playing for a national title this season.

drummerdawg
11-20-2022, 12:59 PM
100% on hiring coach Prime if Leach leaves.

Msujd164
11-20-2022, 01:02 PM
I do not understand why so many think, a coach is just going to leave a playoff TCU to come coach us?

Or, Rhule.

Deion we might have a shot at. But more than likely someone else will grab him first. Because we will drag our ass on finding an AD. And then form a ?National search committee? to find out coach. We will then hire someone we?ve all never heard of, go 6-6, 7-5, 6-6 and rinse, repeat. Because we are the mighty Mississippi State. F you, F me, and F everyone.

IMissJack
11-20-2022, 01:02 PM
So, we are barely holding the fan base together, need a home run hire at AD, and y?all want to take a shot on an unproven coach? Pass.

DEDawg
11-20-2022, 01:03 PM
1- no chance
2- no chance
3- not happening either

It depends what other jobs open up. I would not say no chance to 1 or 3. Agree Sonny isn't leaving so he's out but if the only other big jobs are Nebraska and Ole Miss we can compete with those 2. Rhule would probably take Nebraska over an SEC job but I think we could compete with OM for Deion. We will know when we make our AD hire if we are serious or not in the new NIL world.

Randolph Dupree
11-20-2022, 01:09 PM
So, we are barely holding the fan base together, need a home run hire at AD, and y?all want to take a shot on an unproven coach? Pass.

My perspective is we almost HAVE to gamble on our hires. Up and coming coordinator, G5 coach, Deion Sanders etc. otherwise we're going to get retreads that want to pad their retirement. I'd rather gamble on Prime or another coach with some buzz over GusBus....give me someone who is hungry to win. Probably going to change coaches ever 3-5 years anyway, I'd rather it be because they move to "a better job" than fire and a buyout.

Quaoarsking
11-20-2022, 01:13 PM
We should pump the brakes on this kind of speculation until an announcement is made. All it does right now is turn more fans against Leach if he does return next year.

DEDawg
11-20-2022, 01:15 PM
My perspective is we almost HAVE to gamble on our hires. Up and coming coordinator, G5 coach, Deion Sanders etc. otherwise we're going to get retreads that want to pad their retirement. I'd rather gamble on Prime or another coach with some buzz over GusBus....give me someone who is hungry to win. Probably going to change coaches ever 3-5 years anyway, I'd rather it be because they move to "a better job" than fire and a buyout.

This 100%. As bad as JoMo was he was a way better "move your program forward" hire than Leach. With Leach we knew he'd be an 8-4 ceiling coach, with JoMo dude could be the next offensive genius HC. He obviously wasn't and we moved on after 2 years which is what we need to keep doing. With the transfer portal and NIL world you don't have to give coaches 3-5 years, you know if you have your guy within the first 2 seasons. Rinse and repeat until you find your guy.

Catfish
11-20-2022, 01:16 PM
We should pump the brakes on this kind of speculation until an announcement is made. All it does right now is turn more fans against Leach if he does return next year.

True, and I'm not convinced he's leaving. "Stir the pot" is the focus with some people. Maybe he does leave, but I will be surprised.

Randolph Dupree
11-20-2022, 01:21 PM
True, and I'm not convinced he's leaving. "Stir the pot" is the focus with some people. Maybe he does leave, but I will be surprised.

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just message board talk. I do, however, stand by what I said previously on Leach only having one more year at best. Unless he's willing to overhaul his system or change out some key players (that I'm not sure we have replacements for) I don't see how he continues here.

BayouDawg
11-20-2022, 01:28 PM
The good thing about leach is I dont think we bottom out with him. He will keep us in the 6 to 8 win range.
The bad thing about leach is we are probably capped at the 6 to 8 win mark.
I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong and he goes on to have his own special 2014 type season in the near future.

TrapGame
11-20-2022, 01:41 PM
1) Firstly, I don't think Leach is going anywhere.

2) As far as the hypothetical, I realistically see us hiring Gus with him 100% okay keeping Arnett on defense.

Bothrops
11-20-2022, 01:41 PM
Beat Ole miss and kiffin gets in the pine box to auburn will bring this fan base all the way back.

This

Matt3467
11-20-2022, 01:49 PM
Confused how people think Leach's ceiling or "cap" is 8 wins when he's hit 11 everywhere else he's been with historically average to bad teams. I think the only thing placing a cap on our potential is our QB room atm.

BayouDawg
11-20-2022, 01:51 PM
Confused how people think Leach's ceiling or "cap" is 8 wins when he's hit 11 everywhere else he's been with historically average to bad teams. I think the only thing placing a cap on our potential is our QB room atm.

Thats what Im hoping for. Again I would love to be proven wrong. The good thing is I?m wrong about 99% of the time.

MBDawg601
11-20-2022, 01:56 PM
We had arguably the toughest schedule in the country. Most projected 7-8 win season would mean we are a top 15 team.

We are right where we were suppose to be. I don't think this is the ceiling by any means. Any other coach and there is no way we demolish Ark and A&M. If we win Thursday we have a shot at 9 wins this year.

Our fan base as a whole is miserable. Anyone thinking Leach stepping down is a move in the right direction is outside their mind. There are more than 2 jobs open right now that are more desirable.

Quaoarsking
11-20-2022, 01:58 PM
Our fan base as a whole is miserable. Anyone thinking Leach stepping down is a move in the right direction is outside their mind. There are more than 2 jobs open right now that are more desirable.

Ole Miss being good for the 2nd straight year (even though they likely finish unranked if we win Thursday) has completed deranged a lot of our fans.

TrapGame
11-20-2022, 01:59 PM

Will is just a placeholder. He's hit his ceiling in this offense. I think Parson is the QB that will really open the offense up.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 02:01 PM
Ole Miss being good for the 2nd straight year (even though they likely finish unranked if we win Thursday) has completed deranged a lot of our fans.

Including the boosters I know.

Our boosters, Administration, and half of our fanbase is ok with 7 wins per year

What they not ok with is being worse than ole miss and ole miss getting all the attention and love and beating us. Thats where they draw the line.

Quaoarsking
11-20-2022, 02:05 PM
After we win Thursday and finish ranked while Ole Miss finishes unranked, we'll have had the better season, but Ole Miss will have spent the whole year ranked getting a lot of attention and praise while we didn't.

Yet another reason to abolish all preseason and midseason rankings and just do them at the end of the year.

Bothrops
11-20-2022, 02:06 PM
Will is just a placeholder. He's hit his ceiling in this offense. I think Parson is the QB that will really open the offense up.

Will is a placeholder until he runs out of eligibility. Parson is 3 years down the road, minimum.

Leroy Jenkins
11-20-2022, 02:13 PM

I would agree with you if we hired the TTech Leach. I would watch every one of his games back then. What we have now is your sleepy uncle sitting on the couch after Thanksgiving dinner.

PGHBulldogBG
11-20-2022, 02:14 PM
I’m all in for Chadwell if Leach retires. He has won every where and Coastal Carolina is the best G5 team in the country this year. He would be a realistic hire for us and reminds me of the Chris Jans of football. I think he would be a perfect fit here

msu15
11-20-2022, 02:21 PM
After we win Thursday and finish ranked while Ole Miss finishes unranked, we'll have had the better season, but Ole Miss will have spent the whole year ranked getting a lot of attention and praise while we didn't.

Yet another reason to abolish all preseason and midseason rankings and just do them at the end of the year.

Literally your entire post is based around assumptions that you're trying to push as concrete facts. I'm impressed.

Quaoarsking
11-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Literally your entire post is based around assumptions that you're trying to push as concrete facts. I'm impressed.

I mean, I think we all know that it's not 100% certain that we beat Ole Miss, I'm just wanting us to and projecting confidence. I wish the rest of our fans would.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2022, 02:38 PM
1) Firstly, I don't think Leach is going anywhere.

2) As far as the hypothetical, I realistically see us hiring Gus with him 100% okay keeping Arnett on defense.

This is what I see also.

Cowbell
11-20-2022, 02:40 PM

You can think this all you want but it would take an extra special player at QB to overcome Leachs lack of recruiting and inability to adapt his ancient offense.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2022, 02:41 PM

This is spot on. It's amazing how one game can change the entire season. A win for us Thursday flips the entire script on both teams for the year.

Cowbell
11-20-2022, 02:55 PM
Deion would blow up recruiting here. The outside attention alone would justify the hire. It's not like he will call plays or scheme. And this game is about Jimmys and Joes and we need a LOT of help in this area.we would have a top 10 class with prime here.

Cowbell
11-20-2022, 02:57 PM
This is spot on. It's amazing how one game can change the entire season. A win for us Thursday flips the entire script on both teams for the year.

No it doesn't. Not to people that really pay attention. It means we are better than them and that's it. We would still have 2 losses that we shouldn't have that are keeping us from a NY6 in a cyclical year.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2022, 03:13 PM
No it doesn't. Not to people that really pay attention. It means we are better than them and that's it. We would still have 2 losses that we shouldn't have that are keeping us from a NY6 in a cyclical year.

I'm one of those who really pays attention. It would mean we have been the better team all season. It would put us at 8-4 which is better than 90% projected. All while playing one of the toughest schedules in the country. The Kentucky loss still sucks, but it's the only bad loss. LSU is the SEC West champion. Even though we should have won that game, it can't be counted as a bad loss to them in tiger stadium on a Saturday night.
So, a win Thursday night absolutely changes everything.

Goldendawg
11-20-2022, 03:17 PM
The good thing about leach is I dont think we bottom out with him. He will keep us in the 6 to 8 win range.
I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong and he goes on to have his own special 2014 type season in the near future.

I don't personally know a single State fan who is happy with the current state of our "O" and enjoys watching it. It must improve, I do not go into any game with an opponent with a pulse on "D" expecting to win. I was there, ( one of 12K or so) and our new AD also needs to improve yesterday's poor game day experience.

bulldawg28
11-20-2022, 03:19 PM

Losing to Ole Miss 3 years in a row will do that.

vindastra
11-20-2022, 03:19 PM
I’m all in for Chadwell if Leach retires. He has won every where and Coastal Carolina is the best G5 team in the country this year. He would be a realistic hire for us and reminds me of the Chris Jans of football. I think he would be a perfect fit here

No idea about Chadwell but didn't Sunbelt Billy seem like a good choice too?

Goldendawg
11-20-2022, 03:24 PM
No idea about Chadwell but didn't Sunbelt Billy seem like a good choice too?

Sunbelt Billy should ask Dan how to get a gig in sports TV. His time is also short in FL. Looked down his nose on us and full of himself, but in over his head big time.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2022, 03:28 PM
Sunbelt Billy should ask Dan how to get a gig in sports TV. His time is also short in FL. Looked down his nose on us and full of himself, but in over his head big time.

Yep. He's not gonna last as long as Mullen did. Florida sucks at hiring coaches. They should be competing with and beating Georgia regularly with the talent they can get there.

PGHBulldogBG
11-20-2022, 03:47 PM

No I was never sold on him. He won there with Huds players. Chadwell built that program with his players and was picked last in the conference in 2020 and won it. They have been too at the conference since. Two totally different situations.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 04:11 PM
Our boosters wanted Billy Napier bad when we fired moorhead.

He thought he was too good for us

Lord McBuckethead
11-20-2022, 06:00 PM
Game day experience is fantastic, all the way up to the point we do the coin toss. Then we shit the bed against LSU. Then we shit the bed against Kentucky.

It isn?t that we lost, it?s our teams shitty offense that literally is boring as shit. And it doesn?t work.

Coach34
11-20-2022, 06:09 PM

Some around here said the same thing about Kirby in his 1st year. I’d pump the breaks judging him on Year 1.

PGHBulldogBG
11-20-2022, 06:14 PM

The problem with 2019 was that there weren’t that many good candidates available. Ole Miss had already got Kiffin, I still think Napier is a fraud and Leach was the best option available. Clawson of course was my number 1 choice but I know he is pretty unrealistic. I think that problem existed a little bit in 2017 as well which is why we got stuck with Moorhead.

Todd4State
11-20-2022, 06:42 PM

Yeah. Those boosters and our fans would be giving him the Moorhead treatment for losing to Vanderbilt. Even in year one.

Todd4State
11-20-2022, 06:44 PM
The problem with 2019 was that there weren’t that many good candidates available. Ole Miss had already got Kiffin, I still think Napier is a fraud and Leach was the best option available. Clawson of course was my number 1 choice but I know he is pretty unrealistic. I think that problem existed a little bit in 2017 as well which is why we got stuck with Moorhead.

Hiring a good coach is difficult. Especially with how little patience there is. Almost impossible to find a good one after a successful/popular coach because one misstep seems to cause a ton of ill will and friction. Everyone wants to win immediately. It doesn't always work out like that though.

maroonmania
11-20-2022, 06:47 PM

Barring us lucking up on an elite QB (like Dak) or a lot of the big dogs in the SEC being down at the same time (like 1999) we always have been and will continue to be capped at 6-8 wins. My concern is that with us falling behind with NIL and TX and OK joining the SEC that we may end up capped at 5-7 wins. Heck, if Leach somehow wins this year's Egg Bowl (which I don't expect) he will have already matched Mullen's best season at MSU outside of the 2014 year.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2022, 06:48 PM
Hiring a good coach is difficult. Especially with how little patience there is. Almost impossible to find a good one after a successful/popular coach because one misstep seems to cause a ton of ill will and friction. Everyone wants to win immediately. It doesn't always work out like that though.

Nailed it. Instant gratification is the thing now. Imagine if Bobby Bowden or Frank Beamer tried to get a start now. It took them several years to get those
program going. Stability means something

BayouDawg
11-20-2022, 07:09 PM
I don't personally know a single State fan who is happy with the current state of our "O" and enjoys watching it. It must improve, I do not go into any game with an opponent with a pulse on "D" expecting to win. I was there, ( one of 12K or so) and our new AD also needs to improve yesterday's poor game day experience.

I agree. Everything about the program is stagnant right now. The leach version of the air raid at state just doesnt look like the exciting offense it was at Wazzu and TT.

Homedawg
11-20-2022, 08:48 PM
Aight, so your top 3 are????

It's not about who I want it's who we can get. And 1&2 aren't possible. 3 maybe possible but he has his eyes on bigger things. Whether he gets bigger or not who knows. But i don't think we would hire him. Could be wrong.

662dawg
11-20-2022, 10:58 PM
I agree. Everything about the program is stagnant right now. The leach version of the air raid at state just doesnt look like the exciting offense it was at Wazzu and TT.

We are limited in what we can do bc our QB has peaked & is very limited himself. Unfortunately

Todd4State
11-21-2022, 12:43 AM

That's because Will refuses to throw it deeper than 20 yards ever.

He's Leach's version of Chris Relf in some ways. I think Sawyer/Locke/Parson will likely attack deeper once they become our QB. Like the pass that Sawyer threw that got intercepted- I don't think Will would have ever even tried a pass like that. Bad play sure- but it had touch and it was obvious that Sawyer could launch a football if he wanted too. Once we move on from Will I think we will see more downfield passing.

I've had guys that are Air Raid experts tell me that we're only running about 75% of the offense and that was like 4-6 weeks ago. So I imagine we have even more with it now- we're starting to see jet sweep type plays and things like that now.

Todd4State
11-21-2022, 12:45 AM
It's not about who I want it's who we can get. And 1&2 aren't possible. 3 maybe possible but he has his eyes on bigger things. Whether he gets bigger or not who knows. But i don't think we would hire him. Could be wrong.

If we did hire Deion we would probably lose him to Florida State if he worked out here. And probably be in the same situation Ole Miss is with Kiffin.

msu15
11-21-2022, 01:27 AM
If we did hire Deion we would probably lose him to Florida State if he worked out here. And probably be in the same situation Ole Miss is with Kiffin.

Thing is though, Kiffin has elevated their program and will be leaving it better than we he got there. Deion is also doing the same at Jackson State. If he came to us and achieved better results than Mullen/Moorhead/Leach and left after 5 years I would take that trade.

Todd4State
11-21-2022, 02:22 AM
Thing is though, Kiffin has elevated their program and will be leaving it better than we he got there. Deion is also doing the same at Jackson State. If he came to us and achieved better results than Mullen/Moorhead/Leach and left after 5 years I would take that trade.

We're basically the same program we were when Dan left. 6 wins is our floor and 10 is probably our ceiling.

Kiffin elevated their program because they were on probation. He inherited a first round talent at QB which he rode for two years and then he has an easy schedule.

My point is I think a lot of it is timing and the situation. No one wants to be the guy that follows a popular coach. Harsin is a good example I think. He was good at Boise and I think he's probably a good coach in general but he followed a guy at Auburn that won a National Championship. Then he had a bad loss to us and now he is gone.

You could say that same with Dan at Florida. He did the same as McElwain there. And then they got worse as his recruiting took over. By the same token Dan followed Croom and started to beat teams we are better than consistently. That and a couple of good seasons endeared him here. And then you have Arkansas with Pittman. He was very popular there because he looked good after Chad Morris. Had he replaced Petrino? Probably not so much.

There is just so much turnover now that it leads to volatility. Would you rather have a guy here for three years that wins 10 games the last two but then leaves and then we are 6-6 and 4-8 the next two because said coach takes his best guys in the portal and then we fire the next coach because he pulled a Moorhead or a Harsin? Leading to a rebuild? Honestly that's what some schools are choosing to do.

I think fans see Pittman or Beamer beat someone and then they see our guy maybe lose to Kentucky and they think we should be catching that lightning in the bottle.

For me, I think there is something to be said for stability. No- I don't think that we should allow a guy like Croom to have seven years to succeed. But five years is more than fair. Now if a guy does really well here and gets hired away in year three like Kiffin that's the way life goes. But I don't think that's what we should be striving for as a program either.

And there is no doubt that coaches understand the reality that I am talking about and I'm sure they analyze it before they take a job.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2022, 04:17 AM
Leach isn't retiring. Y'all can stop that. And considering we won't be able to hire a coach til January, that's not a bad thing. If we had to hire a coach in January it would be someone with no HC experience or some really small school coach. Next year maybe he retires but it's not happening this year.

Maroonthirteen
11-21-2022, 07:21 AM
Yeah I don't believe Leach is retiring at all. ...and we don't need him to retire this year.

We have a chance to win the egg. Hopefully Kiffen leaves and we can grab momentum. I hope all those scenarios play out. It's what we need badly right now.

TrapGame
11-21-2022, 09:35 AM
Leach isn't retiring. Y'all can stop that. And considering we won't be able to hire a coach til January, that's not a bad thing. If we had to hire a coach in January it would be someone with no HC experience or some really small school coach. Next year maybe he retires but it's not happening this year.

Cooter coming in with a right hook of common sense.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2022, 09:38 AM
The only way I change my take on that is if we hire an AD next week. �� I'm absolutely not happy with this staff but getting hung out would be worse. We can win 7 fairly easily next year with this staff.

DawgPoundRock
11-21-2022, 12:31 PM
1. Garrett Riley
2. Lance Liepold
3. Jeff Lebby/Kendall Briles

RiverCityDawg
11-21-2022, 01:44 PM
1. Garrett Riley
2. Lance Liepold

Leipold is going to be the coach of Nebraska or Wisconsin soon. He wouldn't take our job.

Quaoarsking
11-21-2022, 02:09 PM
1. Garrett Riley
2. Lance Liepold

Forget 33 year old coordinators. We need an established P5 winner if we are going to break the Mullen/Leach baseline, or else be happy with what we have.

Cooterpoot
11-21-2022, 03:04 PM
1. Garrett Riley
2. Lance Liepold

Riley only has 2 years as an OC. That would be crazy dumb.

RiverCityDawg
11-21-2022, 03:19 PM
Riley only has 2 years as an OC. That would be crazy dumb.

Who would be your top 3 or so realistic options if we had an opening?

We're always going to have to hire someone on the way up (or down). By the time you know with certainty they're up for the task, they'll have multiple options better than our job.

Coach34
11-21-2022, 04:57 PM
Leipold is going to be the coach of Nebraska or Wisconsin soon. He wouldn't take our job.

Nobody is breaking down Nebraska's door. Their time has passed

Goldendawg
11-21-2022, 06:29 PM
My sister was on road to Tupelo and listening to "Head to Head" or whatever they call it now. Said Richard Cross was spreading info from some State site that if we don't run the ball 20-24 times in the Egg, Coach Leach will be fired. I will be sure to count running plays.***** Cross seems somewhat hurt over Lane situation. Hail State!

Commercecomet24
11-21-2022, 06:43 PM
My sister was on road to Tupelo and listening to "Head to Head" or whatever they call it now. Said Richard Cross was spreading info from some State site that if we don't run the ball 20-24 times in the Egg, Coach Leach will be fired. I will be sure to count running plays.***** Cross seems somewhat hurt over Lane situation. Hail State!

Good ol dick spreading his crap. His momma named him right!

yjnkdawg
11-21-2022, 07:40 PM

Cross doesn't know anything about CML's situation. He is just trying to stir up crap, That 20-24 statement is one of the dumbest he has made. He just wants somebody in the know to tell him that Kiffin is staying at OM, which nobody will, and that's why he is so upset.

Todd4State
11-21-2022, 07:43 PM

Yeah. Keenum is going to be up in the stands with a ticker counting our running plays.