PDA

View Full Version : Updated bowl projections?

oildawg
11-20-2022, 08:12 AM
I wonder how yesterdays game results will impact our bowl projection. Vandy over UF, ARK over UM, USC over TENN. I know we want as many SEC teams in playoffs + NY6, as that moves us up the pecking order (even though there technically are several bowls at the same level in terms of priority). I?m hoping for Citrus, Outback or Gator! I?ve got a feeling that with an Egg Bowl loss, it?s Texas Bowl versus Baylor

starkvegasdawg
11-20-2022, 08:51 AM
I wonder how yesterdays game results will impact our bowl projection. Vandy over UF, ARK over UM, USC over TENN. I know we want as many SEC teams in playoffs + NY6, as that moves us up the pecking order (even though there technically are several bowls at the same level in terms of priority). I?m hoping for Citrus, Outback or Gator! I?ve got a feeling that with an Egg Bowl loss, it?s Texas Bowl versus Baylor

Got to win the egg to have any shot at Citrus I would think. TN losing may have solidified them in that spot, though. Would have helped if TCU and Michigan had not won their games last second. UGA is a playoff team and you have to think LSU gets sugar and Bama the orange. So assuming we win the Egg that leaves us, the plantation, and UK fighting for the citrus. Probably be ahead of the plantation since we beat them but UK beat us. Need them to lose their last game.

msudawg1200
11-20-2022, 10:21 AM
Tennessee is still going to a NY6 Bowl as long as they beat Vandy. Georgia, LSU, and Bama will also. That leaves us and the Bears vying for the Citrus Bowl Thursday night. If we win we'd both be 8-4, and as long as SCar doesn't win at Clemson those would be the next best records in the SEC. Our head to head would put us in Orlando. A loss probably equals the Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma or Baylor. Gator and Vegas would still be in play with a loss.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 11:22 AM
Got to win the egg to have any shot at Citrus I would think. TN losing may have solidified them in that spot, though. Would have helped if TCU and Michigan had not won their games last second. UGA is a playoff team and you have to think LSU gets sugar and Bama the orange. So assuming we win the Egg that leaves us, the plantation, and UK fighting for the citrus. Probably be ahead of the plantation since we beat them but UK beat us. Need them to lose their last game.

Nah , if we do win the egg bowl , we will most likely be in gator bowl or citrus . Depending on rankings. If we win the egg bowl, we need to be hoping LSU beats UGA

Kentucky would be 7-5 with a loss to vandy and their fans are demoralized.

Georgia in the playoff

Tennessee in the sugar

LSU orange bowl

Alabama cotton bowl

Egg bowl winner is in the citrus

Then everything else is a unpredictable mess

All I know is we better win the damn egg bowl

msudawg1200
11-20-2022, 12:39 PM
Kentucky might be 6-6. Louisville will probably get them this year.

TUSK
11-20-2022, 01:41 PM
If USC or TCU happen to lose a game, how will it affect the SEC bowl thingy?

Quaoarsking
11-20-2022, 01:42 PM

It won't. The SEC is unlikely to get 2 teams in the playoff, but still should have LSU, Alabama, and Tennessee in the NY6 anyway.

Now if one of those 3 lose next week, they could drop down to the Citrus and have the bowl bids cascade down from there.

TUSK
11-20-2022, 01:49 PM
It won't. The SEC is unlikely to get 2 teams in the playoff, but still should have LSU, Alabama, and Tennessee in the NY6 anyway.

Now if one of those 3 lose next week, they could drop down to the Citrus and have the bowl bids cascade down from there.

Copy that. I take it ya think both Michigan & OSU are in, regardless?

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 01:51 PM

TCU is the only one that matters mostly

Fiesta and Peach are the 2 playoff bowls

Both of those in the years they arent playoff bowls are At large vs At large

Orange is ACC vs the highest ranked Big10 or SEC team not in the playoff or in the rose bowl or sugar bowl

Sugar bowl is highest ranked SEC team not in the playoff vs Highest ranked big 12 team not in the playoff

Rose bowl is the highest ranked Pac 12 team not in the playoff vs highest ranked Big10 team not in the playoff

Cotton Bowl is At Large vs At Large , This year the cotton bowl will be the game that the highest ranked G5 team will get in the NY6

The highest ranked team not in the other major bowls that is power 5 will play the highest ranked G5 team in the cotton bowl

Citrus bowl is the highest ranked SEC team that is not in the NY6 bowls vs the highest ranked Big 10 team not in the NY6 bowls

once you get past the citrus bowl, rankings do not matter , bowls will pick who they want because all bowls below citrus are considered equal.

So Birmingham and the taxslayer bowl are considered the same in CFB bowl committee minds.

The better bowls will want bigger brands and or more excited fanbases that will travel to the game.

For Mississippi State fans that believe we can beat ole miss and want the citrus

Better root for Tennessee to win out, LSU to win out, Bammer to win out, and pray south carolina doesnt beat clemson, because 2 top 10 wins in a row for Shane Beamer will send him to the citrus bowl

Catfish
11-20-2022, 01:52 PM

I don't see how Michigan stays in if they lose this week to Ohio St

Quaoarsking
11-20-2022, 01:54 PM

Most likely, but it's possible that USC or even Clemson moves up to take the loser's spot if they finish 12-1.

Coach34
11-20-2022, 02:14 PM
When LSU loses to Jawja in the title game- the committee will decide between Michigan and USC for the 4th spot.

TUSK
11-20-2022, 02:23 PM
When LSU loses to Jawja in the title game- the committee will decide between Michigan and USC for the 4th spot.

Jesus... If (a one loss) USC/Michigan/Clemson makes the playoff, I'm jumping on the "Expansion" bandwagon...

PGHBulldogBG
11-20-2022, 02:31 PM
USC better hope Washington isn’t their match up because Washington is the best team in the Pac 12

parabrave
11-20-2022, 02:34 PM
Winner of SEC, TCU (if they win out) Big ten champ and Pac 12 champ. SEC loser to Sugar and Tenn to Orange and BAMA to Citrus. If TCU loses then all bets off.

Cowbell
11-20-2022, 02:38 PM
This thing ain't over. We are all in for a big surprise like every year.

oildawg
11-20-2022, 02:45 PM
Isn?t kind of crazy that this season feels a bit disappointing- but the Citrus Bowl is still a very real possibility.

parabrave
11-20-2022, 03:13 PM
This thing ain't over. We are all in for a big surprise like every year.

Think that happened yesterday/

msudawg1200
11-20-2022, 04:30 PM
Winner of SEC, TCU (if they win out) Big ten champ and Pac 12 champ. SEC loser to Sugar and Tenn to Orange and BAMA to Citrus. If TCU loses then all bets off.

As long as Bama beats the Barn they ain't dropping to the Citrus. Right now it looks like:
Georgia-Peach
LSU-Sugar
Bama-Orange
Tennessee-Cotton
Egg Winner-Citrus