PDA

View Full Version : We are +3.5 in Egg Bowl

HoopsDawg
11-20-2022, 12:50 AM
I'm staying away but we should win. Kiffin is job hunting. OM coming off a real game, we basically had a bye. And OM really just isn't very good. Gotta slow down their run game though.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2022, 01:40 AM
That's basically a pick em then since you get 3 points for being at home. Vegas gives us more credit than our own fanbase at times.

CaptainObvious
11-20-2022, 02:19 AM
That's basically a pick em then since you get 3 points for being at home. Vegas gives us more credit than our own fanbase at times.
Indeed. They had us favored over LSU and Kentucky. We lost. I would definitely use Vegas odds when picking State. NOT.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2022, 02:58 AM
Indeed. They had us favored over LSU and Kentucky. We lost. I would definitely use Vegas odds when picking State. NOT.

Yeah i wouldn't either however it does show you how closely they see us matched.

R2Dawg
11-20-2022, 07:54 AM
OM finally been playing some real teams lately. They are good but not great. Biggest concern to me is on the road. Most SEC teams suck on the road, so do we.

Stop the run and don't give up a deep ball on D

Gotta balance on O, OM gonna jump our dump offs and short hitches and why wouldn't they. If we do same ole, we get beat.

msstate7
11-20-2022, 08:06 AM
Sec road games...
LSU - we were -3, and lost by 15
Kentucky - we were -3.5, and lost by 10
Alabama - we were +21, and lost by 23

Will we beat the spread this week? We're 2-5 ATS in SEC games

Schultzy
11-20-2022, 09:05 AM
Not sure either team will be super motivated for this game with both teams coaching situations in limbo and not a lot to play for except pride, which I think will be the deciding factor this year, who wants it more?

That’s who will win this year’s egg.

Saltydog
11-20-2022, 09:57 AM
The way they run the ball, take UM and the -3.5.........We won't be able to stop them...........

Cowbell
11-20-2022, 10:00 AM
The way they run the ball, take UM and the -3.5.........We won't be able to stop them...........

I love these kind of games. Bet against us and you win either way.

msstate7
11-20-2022, 10:02 AM
I love these kind of games. Bet against us and you win either way.

OM wins by 2... then what? Haha

WSOPdawg
11-20-2022, 10:22 AM
Not sure either team will be super motivated for this game with both teams coaching situations in limbo and not a lot to play for except pride, which I think will be the deciding factor this year, who wants it more?

That?s who will win this year?s egg.

Agree Schultzy. I'm not sure either team has the necessary team leaders that have grown up with the Egg Bowl rivalry blood running through their veins and being the all-important game of the season within their family. It just seems the magnitude of the rivalry on the team compared to the days of Billy Brewer and Jackie Sherrill are greatly marginalized to me.

Dawgface
11-20-2022, 10:30 AM
I can't see this being close. We haven't done crap on the road and they have an offense that will be tough for our guys to stop. Would be glad to be wrong.

Goldendawg
11-20-2022, 10:40 AM
The way their two backs hit the off tackle hole so quickly and get in or beyond the LB's has me worried. However, we have shut down some good running backs this year. We have to put up 30 or more points. They got behind early and couldn't catch up. The penalties and turnovers made them the first team to ever have over 700 yards on O and score less than 30 points. Our D is better than arky, but LB speed vs their RB and Dart taking off has me worried.

Churchill
11-20-2022, 10:40 AM
Hyped up rivalry on national TV with the whole country watching. Seems like Groundhog Day MSU style. Hope I'm wrong but......

99jc
11-20-2022, 10:43 AM
the run game to the edges is our Achilles heel. they will win. and it pains me

msstate7
11-20-2022, 10:44 AM
Hyped up rivalry on national TV with the whole country watching. Seems like Groundhog Day MSU style. Hope I'm wrong but......

Used to be the whole country. Now most the country will be watching Vikings at patriots after they watch giants at cowboys

Tripp McNeely
11-20-2022, 10:48 AM
OM wins by 2... then what? Haha

I take the om money line every week (although I can't bear to do it this week). That way you really do win either way.

msstate7
11-20-2022, 10:50 AM
I take the om money line every week (although I can't bear to do it this week). That way you really do win either way.

Good plan

viverlibre
11-20-2022, 10:59 AM
Don't let UM's loss to Ark fool you. They played hard, just had some breaks go the other way. Their running game is legit and downfield passing game is decent.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 11:10 AM
Two take aways as I?ve talked to many people yesterday

1. Our fanbase is the most pessimistic of any FBS school in america with no competition. We have fans defending a team who was losing 42-6 then Arkansas called off the dogs.
If we did that last night , this board would be in total meltdown wanted to publically execute the entire team in a firing squad.

2. Kiffin is gone.

3. Our defense is lightyears better than Arkansas?s defense. Whether we win or lose will be decided on the offense and mainly Will Rogers.

Goldendawg
11-20-2022, 11:23 AM

1. Our fanbase is the most pessimistic of any FBS school in america with no competition. We have fans defending a team who was losing 42-6 then Arkansas called off the dogs.
If we did that last night , this board would be in total meltdown wanted to publically execute the entire team in a firing squad.

2. Kiffin is gone.

3. Our defense is lightyears better than Arkansas?s defense. Whether we win or lose will be decided on the offense and mainly Will Rogers.

We must contain their RB's and stop the run on D also.

coachnorm
11-20-2022, 11:24 AM
The cause an effect concept comes into focus. It has been profoundly proven that throwing swing passes and check downs net offensive shut down. Not prioritizing the swing and check downs has been beneficial to the offense. CML is the horse determined to run into the barn on fire? If we only throw to #0 and #4 on patterns over 10 yards, we can win. CML likes his LSU and Kentucky blueprint and would rather loose staying true to his philosophy than breach his stubborn mindset?

Commercecomet24
11-20-2022, 12:19 PM

2. Kiffin is gone.

Accurate post

Percho
11-20-2022, 12:25 PM
Accurate post

That and catching the ball.

PMDawg
11-20-2022, 01:42 PM
Accurate post

Kentucky destroyed our defense running it up the gut all day long. Ole Miss is light years better in the run game. Our guys are going to have to be a lot tougher than they were against KY and actually try to be physical when tackling.

If we want to win, we're going to have to score 30+. That, or actually be physical on defense. We can do it, but it's not like it's some great match up for us.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Kentucky destroyed our defense running it up the gut all day long. Ole Miss is light years better in the run game. Our guys are going to have to be a lot tougher than they were against KY and actually try to be physical when tackling.

If we want to win, we're going to have to score 30+. That, or actually be physical on defense. We can do it, but it's not like it's some great match up for us.

Yes, and we have shutdown other running games. We can shutdown the run game but will we? That's the question we'll find out Thursday night.

Big part of our problem against uk
Was all the 3 and outs on offense and we eventually wore down.

All anyone is focused is om offense but their defense is not good against the run or the pass. It's all on Will and Leach Thursday, that will determine it.

confucius say
11-20-2022, 02:39 PM
Don't let UM's loss to Ark fool you. They played hard, just had some breaks go the other way. Their running game is legit and downfield passing game is decent.

Yep they had Over 700 yards of offense.
Just had 3 turnovers and 116 penalty yards that killed them. I think they beat us by 7ish. Rain could change that.

CaptainObvious
11-20-2022, 02:41 PM
Ole Miss 84 MSU 20
Rebs go over 1000 total yards for the game. We score on a KO return, a Punt Return and a Forbes Pick 6, but miss an extra point.

NCDawg
11-20-2022, 03:10 PM

I agree. It's tough to forget how Kentucky, a team that was beaten at home by Vanderbilt, pushed us around and dominated our defense. We need to play a lot tougher against Ole Miss if we expect to win..

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 04:19 PM
I agree. It's tough to forget how Kentucky, a team that was beaten at home by Vanderbilt, pushed us around and dominated our defense. We need to play a lot tougher against Ole Miss if we expect to win..

The defense got wore out against Kentucky

That loss is not even remotely on the defense

The offense was the problem and continues to be the problem

Ole Miss runs a 3 man front and have all season long. I am curious if they run that thursday.

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 04:19 PM
If we can get to 35 points I think we can win.

NCDawg
11-20-2022, 05:41 PM
The defense got wore out against Kentucky

That loss is not even remotely on the defense

The offense was the problem and continues to be the problem

Ole Miss runs a 3 man front and have all season long. I am curious if they run that thursday.

Loss was not even remotely on the defense? I beg to differ. We took the lead twice in that game and our defense let Kentucky come right back down the field and regain the lead. In any event, we have to play much better on offense and defense than we did at Kentucky in order to win.

R2Dawg
11-20-2022, 06:41 PM
Loss was not even remotely on the defense? I beg to differ. We took the lead twice in that game and our defense let Kentucky come right back down the field and regain the lead. In any event, we have to play much better on offense and defense than we did at Kentucky in order to win.

Agree, that was a total team loss. Not one part of our team played well. Actually the only real bad game the D has played all year. That UK performance was worst in many years - I guess back to Moorhead in 18 bad. Before than maybe a Croom game 45-0 or something.

Goldendawg
11-20-2022, 06:51 PM
We have been and are Big 12 soft on O. We need to get physical on O and run the ball more on OM. Our D must stop their run to have a chance for the win. Hail State!

lastmajordog
11-20-2022, 10:26 PM
I did not say this first but it still rings true. RTDFB.....tackle in space. Beat om......Go DOGS