PDA

View Full Version : The state of the program

TheLostDawg
11-19-2022, 06:19 PM
An ole miss L to Arkansas puts us fairly even (no way they beat Georgia). They had an easy schedule early which they needed with a rebuild of transfers.
However they have a good more amount of 4* committed and 3/5 top Mississippi recruits committed (may get 4/5).
We have to win next week and would benefit recruiting stuff Kiffin leaving with recruiting. Have to do better. Wonder if Kiffin does leave how many of those 4* go elsewhere

BuckyIsAB****
11-19-2022, 06:20 PM
State is doing fine recruiting within the State. OMs reputation among HS programs in the state is bad right now

Goldendawg
11-19-2022, 06:43 PM
State is doing fine recruiting within the State. OMs reputation among HS programs in the state is bad right now

OM has commitments from #'s 1,2, 5 from the MS HS ranks, but we have more MS HS players committed in the top 25. They seem to be planning to hit the portal hard again. If Lane leaves they may have plenty of roster spots available. Hail State!

HoopsDawg
11-19-2022, 06:59 PM

They are picking off a few of the best players in state. Grab some out of state guys. And then hit the portal hard. It's a pretty good strategy.

BuckyIsAB****
11-19-2022, 07:11 PM
Perkins kid is good. The rest are pretty typical OM commits

TheLostDawg
11-19-2022, 07:21 PM

They have 8 4*
We have 2
I think they are winning in recruiting

was21
11-19-2022, 07:33 PM
It's remarkable how many former State and OM players transferred to Mississippi Southern and South Alabama but don't know how many contribute. Southern has a good defense. Also don't know how much transfer portal contributed to it..doubt if NIL had much to do with it. I know that because out of curiosity checked both rosters.

tcdog70
11-19-2022, 07:47 PM
With the portal, recruiting is whole different ballgame. We will be fine

TheLostDawg
11-19-2022, 08:10 PM
With the portal, recruiting is whole different ballgame. We will be fine

Don't disagree but hopefully Kiffin leaves and we take a step forward in recruiting. Can't count on transfers. Will rarely get s schedule like ole miss where there can slowly adjust

BuckyIsAB****
11-19-2022, 08:29 PM
They have 8 4*
We have 2

That literally doesnt mean anything unless you yourself decides it does. Strictly opinion

Bothrops
11-19-2022, 08:46 PM
They have 8 4*
We have 2

They are winning but our class isn't as bad as it's ranked either.

Bothrops
11-19-2022, 08:47 PM
Perkins kid is good. The rest are pretty typical OM commits

Perkins is an absolute stud and is the biggest difference in our two classes.

HoopsDawg
11-19-2022, 08:57 PM
Perkins is an absolute stud and is the biggest difference in our two classes.

Heard Ole Miss is going to play him at LB. Is that true?