PDA

View Full Version : Untelevised 11AM game time: Someone should be fired!

Hypnodawg
11-19-2022, 12:35 PM
I cannot fathom how the decision was made to have an 11:00 a.m. game time if it wasn't for television purposes.

DEDawg
11-19-2022, 12:36 PM
It?s on ESPN+? this is just the new norm. You can?t even get Thursday NFL on TV these days.

parabrave
11-19-2022, 12:36 PM
Heck Bama not being televised either.

Coach34
11-19-2022, 12:37 PM
Heck Bama not being televised either.

ESPN+

It's a must today

iPat09
11-19-2022, 12:38 PM
What are you talking about? I'm watching it on ESPN+ right now and listening to the radio broadcast. Too many people on this board are too quick to bitch and be angry, as if that's the popular thing to do.

was21
11-19-2022, 12:39 PM
Most folk don't pay for a subscription to ESPN+ I don't imagine

ScoobaDawg
11-19-2022, 12:41 PM

It's included with a lot of cable / streaming packages.
I get it with Youtube TV. No extra cost

Charlie_Sheen420
11-19-2022, 12:42 PM

You don't have to have espn+ to watch this game, as long as you have a tv provider that carries the sec network, you'll have access to the sec alternate channel through espn, so just go to espn and log in with your tv provider or log in through the espn watch app on your phone, roku, etc and log in through your tv provider, as long as you have the sec network, you should be able to watch

Hypnodawg
11-19-2022, 12:47 PM
If it is only on the streaming app it doesn't matter when the game is played for television purposes. Try and use some brain cells. 11:00 a.m. games ruin the game day atmosphere. Why do you think the stands are empty.

Vandownbytheriver
11-19-2022, 12:48 PM
It's included with a lot of cable / streaming packages.
I get it with Youtube TV. No extra cost

It also come with Hulu Live and the Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle. And they are all pretty inexpensive. The bundle is $14 a month or the stand alone Plus is $10. Not like you're paying $50 for pay per view like you used to do before the SEC/ESPN deal.

Vandownbytheriver
11-19-2022, 12:49 PM
If it is only on the streaming app it doesn't matter when the game is played for television purposes. Try and use some brain cells. 11:00 a.m. games ruin the game day atmosphere. Why do you think the stands are empty.

We have looked like crap and we are playing a cupcake the week before thanksgiving. Better opponent and more people would be there. This is on the AD for scheduling this game.

ScoobaDawg
11-19-2022, 12:52 PM

I'm sorry this is so complicated for you. It's still a regular game. We don't have a choice in the time. TV still dictates that and when you have a crappy game. you get a crappy tv time. As mentioned even Bama is on sec+ at 11am... same with TX AM...

Hypnodawg
11-19-2022, 12:53 PM
None of that excuses the 11:00 a.m. game time which only makes it worse

ScoobaDawg
11-19-2022, 12:55 PM
We have looked like crap and we are playing a cupcake the week before thanksgiving. Better opponent and more people would be there. This is on the AD for scheduling this game.

Meh. It's kinda a smart move if you do it right. easy opponent. get your 1st time out at halftime. and get extra rest before the egg bowl. While UM is playing an SEC game vs Ark tonight.

ScoobaDawg
11-19-2022, 12:55 PM
None of that excuses the 11:00 a.m. game time which only makes it worse

That's an ignorant take. It's been explained to you.

RocketDawg
11-19-2022, 12:57 PM
I cannot fathom how the decision was made to have an 11:00 a.m. game time if it wasn't for television purposes.

It's on SECN+ (like a lot of baseball games and women's basketball are). Score is 21-0 early in the 2nd quarter. Not sure why we play games like this, but I suppose everybody does. Would be a good chance to try another QB but so far no go.

Flipped to Alabama/Austin Peay. Bama is up 7-0 but Austin Peay was inside the 10 just now, went to 4th down and missed a FG.

Hypnodawg
11-19-2022, 12:59 PM
Explain to me the reason it's at 11:00 a.m.?

RocketDawg
11-19-2022, 12:59 PM
28-0 now. Forbes just intercepted for a TD.

DEDawg
11-19-2022, 01:01 PM

Nobody cares about this game. Are you under the impression the executives who finalize the TV schedules care about MSU/FCS school? I dont see what you are trying to get at here

RocketDawg
11-19-2022, 01:01 PM

Scheduling reasons I suppose. Alabama and other "big names" are also playing at 11 today.

Best game of the day will probably be OM/Arkansas.

Hypnodawg
11-19-2022, 01:02 PM
It's only on the streaming app. There is no scheduling conflict

DEDawg
11-19-2022, 01:04 PM
Are you under the impression Mississippi State sets the time of all our games? Like what is your thought process here

Coach34
11-19-2022, 01:06 PM

We dont have a say on game time anymore. SEC office sets it with TV execs

Hypnodawg
11-19-2022, 01:11 PM
It's not on TV (meaning broadcast network). Why are TV execs dictating anything at that point. Our AD should be able to make a phone call and fix that.

DEDawg
11-19-2022, 01:20 PM
It's not on TV (meaning broadcast network). Why are TV execs dictating anything at that point. Our AD should be able to make a phone call and fix that.

Lol. Theres no way this isnt just trolling now.

ScoobaDawg
11-19-2022, 04:34 PM
Lol. Theres no way this isnt just trolling now.

He's high on hypnotics getting ready for the holidays. Just roll with it

Homedawg
11-19-2022, 04:37 PM

Um. We don't pick the times dude...

Homedawg
11-19-2022, 04:38 PM

Sec network + and espn +. They decide. They have the rights. Clue in dude.

CaptainObvious
11-19-2022, 04:44 PM
Explain it to him by monetary terms. Maybe that will give him a better understand.

I believe the sparse crowd has multiple explanations. Fan base is burned out that we are not competitive against good teams so they don?t care to show up for an FCS opponent for an 11 AM game in 40 degree temps, under overcast skies to watch 5 yard passes to stationary receivers. They have probably also figured out we don?t have a better QB on the bench so this offense with Will bores them.

msu15
11-19-2022, 05:02 PM

When you get out of your 2008 time warp come back to us. God it's mind numbing how ignorant and thick headed some of you are. I can only imagine what your personal life is like.

3dawgnight15
11-19-2022, 05:09 PM
Never go full retard

Homedawg
11-19-2022, 05:20 PM
When you get out of your 2008 time warp come back to us. God it's mind numbing how ignorant and thick headed some of you are. I can only imagine what your personal life is like.

Outta rep for you...

Goldendawg
11-19-2022, 05:31 PM
Nobody cares about this game. Are you under the impression the executives who finalize the TV schedules care about MSU/FCS school? I dont see what you are trying to get at here

Son, 5 friends, and I went to the game. Might have been 10 to 15k there. Pitiful and a very poor game day experience. If are going to continue to play this type game, it should be against Valley or Alcorn and keep the $ in state. You notice I I left out playing Jackson State right now.**** aTm played UMass and their stadium attendance looked worse than us.

PGHBulldogBG
11-19-2022, 05:34 PM
We shouldn’t even be playing a team like this. I hope when we go to a 9 game SEC schedule it gets rid of this cupcake game at the end of the year

Goldendawg
11-19-2022, 05:47 PM
Explain it to him by monetary terms. Maybe that will give him a better understand.

I believe the sparse crowd has multiple explanations. Fan base is burned out that we are not competitive against good teams so they don?t care to show up for an FCS opponent for an 11 AM game in 40 degree temps, under overcast skies to watch 5 yard passes to stationary receivers. They have probably also figured out we don?t have a better QB on the bench so this offense with Will bores them.

We were there, but your reasons are probably true.