PDA

View Full Version : Twitter folks reporting Ole Miss offering Lane

Duckdog
11-17-2022, 03:03 PM
A new contract which would put him in the top 10 highest paid coaches. I think he still jets to Auburn.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-17-2022, 03:17 PM
Isnt he already one of the Top 10 highest paid coaches at $7.5 Million? Judkins is who they better be coming up with some money for.

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 03:23 PM
Some say it's already a done deal. He gone.

Homedawg
11-17-2022, 03:32 PM
I don't think it's done. I do think it will be either Kiffen or Freeze. If it's Kiffen 8/90 is my prediction. Wont have to give HF that many years or Money up front.

Coach34
11-17-2022, 03:32 PM
He is already the 11th highest paid coach

KOdawg1
11-17-2022, 03:37 PM
Doesn't matter what they offer. It can only be a 4 year deal while Auburn can offer 7-8+.

More years = more guaranteed money and a higher buyout.

He'd be a fool not to dip out to The Plains

msstate7
11-17-2022, 03:49 PM
Doesn't matter what they offer. It can only be a 4 year deal while Auburn can offer 7-8+.

Maybe. Auburn will fire you like Florida did Dan. Guess it boils down to if he's happy at OM

3rdGen
11-17-2022, 03:50 PM

I'm not even mad that they made the better coaching hire, I just indiscriminately don't like any team not STATE, but I hope they lose this coach and I hope he puts Saban into retirement while at Auburn and he goes on to win multiple championships to challenge sabans run, just to make Alabama fans mad, because its their turn to cry boys.

HOLLA HOLLA!!!! CAN WE GET OUR BOYS SOME DOLLA DOLLA!!!! HEYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 04:09 PM
Maybe. Auburn will fire you like Florida did Dan. Guess it boils down to if he's happy at OM

And they'd have to pay you like A&M is gonna have to do with Jimbo.

Quaoarsking
11-17-2022, 04:10 PM

Even if Auburn fires him, he can probably get another P5 job after that that's on the same tier as Ole Miss, so there's not a lot of downside risk unless his heart is really on Oxford.

Harrydawg
11-17-2022, 04:14 PM
A new contract which would put him in the top 10 highest paid coaches. I think he still jets to Auburn.
Regardless Carter has to appear to be doing all he can to keep him

PGHBulldogBG
11-17-2022, 04:17 PM
Hopefully all of this will distract them in the Egg Bowl that is the most important thing I care about

msstate7
11-17-2022, 04:22 PM
If he leaves, I hope they aren't smart enough to get rhule

Pancho
11-17-2022, 04:33 PM
Lebby

Homedawg
11-17-2022, 04:43 PM
Lebby

They won't have to settle for Lebby.

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 05:00 PM
Hopefully all of this will distract them in the Egg Bowl that is the most important thing I care about

I wish for that bit of karma as well. I want the EB overshadowed by reports Kiffin is Auburn bound. Payback's a bitch.

Offshore Dawg
11-17-2022, 05:37 PM
is he taking the cheerleader with him.

Extendedcab
11-17-2022, 06:17 PM
I thought he was dating more than 1 "girl". *** Could get messy if he breaks a heart or two. ***

MagicDawg
11-17-2022, 06:53 PM
"Lane to Auburn is a done deal" this year feels very much like the guarantees that "we are going to beat LSU" and "we are going to beat Kentucky."

I have too much battered-Bulldog life experience to think this will turn out well for us. I'll believe it when I see it.

DownwardDawg
11-17-2022, 07:21 PM
"Lane to Auburn is a done deal" this year feels very much like the guarantees that "we are going to beat LSU" and "we are going to beat Kentucky."

I have too much battered-Bulldog life experience to think this will turn out well for us. I'll believe it when I see it.
Yeah. I think it's 50/50 whether he stays or not. He could definitely compete for champions at auburn if that is what he's looking for. That and a lot more guaranteed money.

PikeDawg15
11-17-2022, 07:26 PM

Problem is we kinda suck but Auburn isnt just kinda desperate. They are beyond desperate.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-17-2022, 07:26 PM
I just dont see Kiffin being a good fit at Auburn.

PikeDawg15
11-17-2022, 07:27 PM

110 million guranteed and anyone is a good fit.

PikeDawg15
11-17-2022, 07:28 PM

The perfect fit at Auburn is a coach who can beat alabama and georgia and win the west occasionally

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2022, 07:32 PM
Kiffin could do that.

Goldendawg
11-17-2022, 07:54 PM
110 million guranteed and anyone is a good fit.

There was an article on msn.com today that AU had 20 times more NIL $ than OM. Didn't read it, probably interviewed Cohen.**

Leeshouldveflanked
11-17-2022, 08:05 PM
The perfect fit at Auburn is a coach who can beat alabama and georgia and win the west occasionally
Freezus

CadaverDawg
11-17-2022, 09:00 PM
Lane is happy at Ole Miss. It's unfortunate for us, but it's true. And all he is doing is getting himself a shit ton more money to stay tight where he is. Ole Miss will lose on the salary, but will win long term by locking him down. I'm not falling for the Auburn rumors. He's staying at Ole Miss

Coach34
11-17-2022, 09:06 PM
He is 100% Auburn's target

I think its 50/50 he takes it. That's a huge contract but that place is a circus.

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 09:16 PM
A pissed of Richard Cross this afternoon on the radio:

"As of four hours ago I know for certain Lane Kiffin had not received an offer from Auburn. As of right now I can neither confirm nor deny Lane Kiffin has been offered by Auburn."

He was pissed. You could tell.

He knows Lane is gone.

Tbonewannabe
11-17-2022, 09:17 PM
Heard from an Auburn guy at work that it is Kiffin and the deal is around 10 years 120 Mil.

Not sure if he has any sources except message boards or actually has connections.

RocketDawg
11-17-2022, 09:18 PM
Heard from an Auburn guy at work that it is Kiffin and the deal is around 10 years 120 Mil.

Not sure if he has any sources except message boards or actually has connections.

That would be in the Saban stratosphere.

DEDawg
11-17-2022, 09:20 PM

Yeah he was a done deal to Miami last year too

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 09:23 PM

That's what the AU boards are all saying.

Yeah he was a done deal to Miami last year too

Cristabol said yes. Lane was #2. They wanted a Miami guy first.

Cowbell
11-17-2022, 10:09 PM
When is it ever the first guy reported??

Homedawg
11-17-2022, 10:13 PM
There is no way they give him 10/120. No way. Hell ole miss offer is 4 for 38. No sense in 10/120

DEDawg
11-17-2022, 10:16 PM

Yeah thats my point. Everyone was sure he was gone last year when he wasnt even their first target.

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 10:25 PM
Yeah thats my point. Everyone was sure he was gone last year when he wasnt even their first target.

But he would have been gone if Cristabol said no. But, Auburn is a way better job than Miami. I bet Cristabol wishes he stayed at Oregon.

lastmajordog
11-17-2022, 10:26 PM
del

DownwardDawg
11-17-2022, 10:30 PM

He's a perfect fit for auburn. Not quite as perfect as Freeze, but he's a damn good fit there.

State82
11-17-2022, 10:47 PM
Lane is happy at Ole Miss. It's unfortunate for us, but it's true. And all he is doing is getting himself a shit ton more money to stay tight where he is. Ole Miss will lose on the salary, but will win long term by locking him down. I'm not falling for the Auburn rumors. He's staying at Ole Miss

This is the correct synopsis. Everything else on here is laughable. Damn there's some gullible 17ers around this place.

TheLostDawg
11-17-2022, 11:28 PM
This is the correct synopsis. Everything else on here is laughable. Damn there's some gullible 17ers around this place.

A- that's all ole miss media buzz about how much he likes Oxford because in their mind how could he not, in reality he is selling himself which is easy to do because he has been winning and has an easy schedule to start a season with all new players. He goes to Auburn and either does good or gets fired and ends up in somewhere like Orlando.

B he stays at Ole Miss. Our fans realize we have to step it up, we/ the big donors start donating more to be competitive/ get an AD that can raise money and get a better coach vs hit in the portal and get a qb that can actually make this offense more competitive such as when there is actually a fire under rogers as-

C Kiffen stays, we hire a bad AD and we go back to the Croom years.

Jarius
11-17-2022, 11:47 PM

Anyone who thinks Lane Kiffin is going to turn down Auburn to stay at Ole Miss is just about brain dead. The 2 jobs aren’t in the same stratosphere, ceiling wise. No coach worth a shit wants to sit at a place where you are in that school’s “glory years” and still finishing 4th or 5th in your own conference. He has zero chance at winning a national title at ole miss. He is on the first job out of there that gives him a chance at a national title, and this year Auburn is the only one available. If he doesn’t go there it’s because he wasn’t given the opportunity.

Todd4State
11-18-2022, 01:41 AM

Which is why all of their internet writers are bracing their fan base for him leaving.**

If he was actually staying they would be all cocky and pumping it up.

Todd4State
11-18-2022, 01:43 AM
Anyone who thinks Lane Kiffin is going to turn down Auburn to stay at Ole Miss is just about brain dead. The 2 jobs aren’t in the same stratosphere, ceiling wise. No coach worth a shit wants to sit at a place where you are in that school’s “glory years” and still finishing 4th or 5th in your own conference. He has zero chance at winning a national title at ole miss. He is on the first job out of there that gives him a chance at a national title, and this year Auburn is the only one available. If he doesn’t go there it’s because he wasn’t given the opportunity.

Even deeper than that:

If he is at Auburn he has a better chance of beating Saban because of the talent he could bring in and on top of that it would have an even bigger impact if/when he beats Saban.

Oh yeah- and make more money and have a better chance at winning a National Championship too.

Todd4State
11-18-2022, 01:49 AM
There is no way they give him 10/120. No way. Hell ole miss offer is 4 for 38. No sense in 10/120

Auburn's final offer will be interesting. I'm not sure how much length he wants. Especially as much as he tends to move around.

Bothrops
11-18-2022, 08:05 AM
I think Auburn is too attractive due to Saban hanging on his last limb. Auburn will be ripe in getting back to national prominence and getting ahead in AL with Kiffin collecting players.

PikeDawg15
11-18-2022, 11:10 AM

100%

Also

Ole Miss couldnt beat the worst bama team since 2007 with a top 3 Ole Miss team all time.

Kiffin knows that.

PikeDawg15
11-18-2022, 11:15 AM
Auburn's final offer will be interesting. I'm not sure how much length he wants. Especially as much as he tends to move around.

Kiffin's end game in the NFL

Contrary to popular belief kiffin is way more of an X and O's guy than a recruiter.

now to add to that, winning helps bring in the recruits wherever you are which is happening at ole miss and they are more serious about winning and NIL in football than we are currently

But even when I take my maroon glasses off

I just dont see him staying at ole miss if Auburn REALLY wants him. If auburn offers 10+ per year with 8 to 10 years fully guranteed and including the fact saban is almost out of bama, Auburn has top 5 NIL funds in America, Talent will be easier to attract and auburn can and will do more than ole miss can to get that talent and win.

Also with the evidence that kiffin pursued the Auburn job in December 2020 but and the boosters wanted him but Auburns AD at the time went and hired harsin instead.

They fired their president , AD, and Football Head coach and went and got an AD now that just wants to cash a big check and be a figure head.

Auburn is fully aligned and realizes they cant get another Harsin or a no name coach.

Auburn fully aligned is very scary for college football

yjnkdawg
11-18-2022, 10:52 PM
A pissed of Richard Cross this afternoon on the radio:

"As of four hours ago I know for certain Lane Kiffin had not received an offer from Auburn. As of right now I can neither confirm nor deny Lane Kiffin has been offered by Auburn."

He was pissed. You could tell.

He knows Lane is gone.

Cross wants somebody knowledgeable to tell him that Kiffin is staying at OM and he can't find that person.

Homedawg
11-18-2022, 11:14 PM
Cross wants somebody knowledgeable to tell him that Kiffin is staying at OM and he can't find that person.

Bc nobody knows. He's more positive than most bc that's what ole miss does. That's why they are better at soon than we are. We go doom and gloom and they are dead opposite

DownwardDawg
11-18-2022, 11:36 PM
Bc nobody knows. He's more positive than most bc that's what ole miss does. That's why they are better at soon than we are. We go doom and gloom and they are dead opposite

This is truth. Their fanbase tows the company line awesomely. We go straight to gloom. And much of our fanbase excepts 7-5 because of our history.

PikeDawg15
11-19-2022, 12:27 AM

Correct.

He wanted Miami bad but They wanted a Miami guy.

PikeDawg15
11-19-2022, 12:30 AM

Honestly I believe it because Auburn is the most desperate program or team in all of American Sports right now.

They know they cant eff this hire up and cant get a Harsin or just some good coach.

Catfish
11-19-2022, 05:06 PM
Anything new?

CaptainObvious
11-19-2022, 05:10 PM
Anything new?

Go read the ole Miss boards. Enjoy!

DownwardDawg
11-19-2022, 05:24 PM
Go read the ole Miss boards. Enjoy!

Or how about a quick snapshot of what they're saying?

TrapGame
11-19-2022, 05:29 PM
Or how about a quick snapshot of what they're saying?

That new ole miss offer is sitting on his desk collecting dust. He hasn't signed it.

David Johnson thinks it's a done deal. He thinks Kiffin is gone.

Ben Garrett telling people there's still "a chance" Kiffin stays.

Catfish
11-19-2022, 05:36 PM
That new ole miss offer is sitting on his desk collecting dust. He hasn't signed it.

Thanks for the update.

BeardoMSU
11-19-2022, 05:48 PM

And Jim "Crazy Person" Shute is on twitter saying his source (an OM player) told him that Kiffin told the team he's staying.

PGHBulldogBG
11-19-2022, 05:49 PM
Kiffin will be the coach at Ole Miss next year. I still think Freeze is going to AU. Kiffin will leave Ole Miss if a blue blood opens up like Texas next year. It has to be the right fit and he has earned his right to he picky.

was21
11-19-2022, 05:53 PM
Agree Kiffin will be at OM. Freeze won't be at Auburn.

TrapGame
11-19-2022, 05:55 PM
And Jim "Crazy Person" Shute is on twitter saying his source (an OM player) told him that Kiffin told the team he's staying.

Dan told some players he was staying too. He even got on TV before the Egg raving about Starkville, how he loved it here and wasn't going anywhere. 24 hours later he's out the door to Florida.

TrapGame
11-19-2022, 05:58 PM
Kiffin has a $10 million a year contract sitting on his desk unsigned for three days now. Word is AU offered him $12.5 mil a year for 7 years.

Tbonewannabe
11-19-2022, 05:59 PM
Kiffin has a $10 million a year contract sitting on his desk unsigned for three days now. Word is AU offered him $12.5 mil a year for 7 years.

I heard $12 Mil for 10 years

BeardoMSU
11-19-2022, 06:04 PM
Dan told some players he was staying too. He even got on TV before the Egg raving about Starkville, how he loved it here and wasn't going anywhere. 24 hours later he's out the door to Florida.

Yep

was21
11-19-2022, 06:11 PM
That was probably Megan that said that to the team...right before she kissed all of them goodbye

CovertDawg
11-19-2022, 06:14 PM
Ole Miss plays @Alabama and @Georgia next year. Even if they raise enough money to keep Judkins, Kiffin probably knows he won't be reaching the SEC Title game at Ole Miss next season.

lastmajordog
11-19-2022, 06:31 PM
I still believe LK stays at om. CML better learn how to beat him......JMHO

was21
11-19-2022, 06:43 PM
Leach doesn't care whether he beats him or not...he's ready for the keys to the keys.

Todd4State
11-19-2022, 07:27 PM

There's the kiss of death.

Dawgology
11-19-2022, 09:03 PM
I heard Auburn offered him 4 Taylor Swift tickets. **

Pancho
11-20-2022, 03:22 PM
That oughta do it. we enjoyed her concert

PikeDawg15
11-20-2022, 04:14 PM

Ben Garrett also said the floor for ole miss would be 10-2 this season and it would still be not a great season.

Ben is the biggest homer in sports

Pancho
11-20-2022, 05:14 PM
only difference in ben and yancy porter is which one snorts hunter biden parmesean cheese