PDA

View Full Version : Saturday will give us an idea

Coach34
11-16-2022, 12:57 PM
of who is returning and who is not. Any of our Sr's that are out there for Sr Day means they arent using their C19 year. So def keep an eye on who participates and who doesnt.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 02:16 PM
of who is returning and who is not. Any of our Sr's that are out there for Sr Day means they arent using their C19 year. So def keep an eye on who participates and who doesnt.

No it doesn’t

This is your latest low IQ lame brained attempt to create a false narrative.

Plenty of players will be honored because they are seniors, but they will also return next year because they have a COVID year of eligibility and want to play one more year.

You want to say “see no one is coming back, we are going to suck, blah blah blah”

You try to be a propagandist but you are a little too dumb to create believable propaganda

Coach34
11-16-2022, 02:19 PM
You are so dumb I bet you cant figure out how to operate a doorknob.

Any player that participates in Sr Day Saturday has no intention of returning next season.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 02:24 PM
You are so dumb I bet you cant figure out how to operate a doorknob.

Any player that participates in Sr Day Saturday has no intention of returning next season.

According to who ? You ?

Most of these guys will be honored as seniors and return for their COVID year.

You’re an idiot. That’s well documented.

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 02:27 PM
According to who ? You ?

Most of these guys will be honored as seniors and return for their COVID year.

You’re an idiot. That’s well documented.

How many came back from last years senior day walk?

confucius say
11-16-2022, 02:29 PM
I'm with C34 on this one.
Cam young had already accepted a senior bowl invite too.

msu15
11-16-2022, 02:30 PM
How many came back from last years senior day walk?

I can promise you he wasn't at the game. I was, and guys like Tyrus Wheat, Jalen Green, and Austin Williams did NOT participate in the walk.

msu15
11-16-2022, 02:31 PM
No it doesn’t

Plenty of players will be honored because they are seniors, but they will also return next year because they have a COVID year of eligibility and want to play one more year.

You want to say “see no one is coming back, we are going to suck, blah blah blah”

You try to be a propagandist but you are a little too dumb to create believable propaganda

It's incredible how stupid you are. You literally just ramble about things when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This board would be so much better without you.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 02:51 PM
It's incredible how stupid you are. You literally just ramble about things when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. This board would be so much better without you.

Using sock puppets don’t make you any more credible C34. Just stick to one screen name.

Uh next year is the first year COVID seniors will come into play simpleton.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 02:54 PM
Oh gosh, nobody is coming back next year, we suck, fahr
leach blah blah blah

Is that the narrative you were shooting for dummy ?

basedog
11-16-2022, 03:02 PM
I would think most who aren't coming back will do the senior day. The ones who are seniors and aren't being honor will be back or transfer out. I wouldn't do the senior day thing IF I wasn't planning on coming back. It will be interesting to see.

PikeDawg15
11-16-2022, 03:11 PM
No it doesn’t

Why would a player participate in Senior Day and get all emotional and be out there with their family with players shedding tears .... Just to do it all over again next year?

Quaoarsking
11-16-2022, 03:22 PM
A lot of them probably don't know for sure what they're going to do yet. And even if a player says they don't want the COVID extra year now, our staff should still be recruiting them to see if they'll change their mind.

Quaoarsking
11-16-2022, 03:25 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Marcus Green participated in senior day twice, and I'm leaning toward Jamar Chaney also doing that. But I am going off memory from a decade or more ago.

Also Jordan Danberry?

Coach34
11-16-2022, 03:56 PM
Using sock puppets don’t make you any more credible C34. Just stick to one screen name.

Uh next year is the first year COVID seniors will come into play simpleton.

You are a terrible troll

Coach34
11-16-2022, 04:00 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Marcus Green participated in senior day twice, and I'm leaning toward Jamar Chaney also doing that. But I am going off memory from a decade or more ago.

Also Jordan Danberry?

Green and Danberry got notified of a medical redshirt after their seasons. Chaney was just at State 4 years

Coach34
11-16-2022, 04:02 PM
I can promise you he wasn't at the game. I was, and guys like Tyrus Wheat, Jalen Green, and Austin Williams did NOT participate in the walk.

Exactly. Anybody on the field for Sr Day is not coming back next year

Quaoarsking
11-16-2022, 04:44 PM
Green and Danberry got notified of a medical redshirt after their seasons. Chaney was just at State 4 years

Chaney was here 2005-09 after getting a medical redshirt in 2008. Green was widely expected to return. Danberry was up in the air as I recall.

Another I'm not sure about is Wes Rea.

I think the main takeaway is that nobody is bound to how they're leaning the previous November and some people can change their minds in either direction.

Coach34
11-16-2022, 05:39 PM
I think the main takeaway is that nobody is bound to how they're leaning the previous November and some people can change their minds in either direction.

Neither Green nor Danberry knew if they were getting an extra year or not was my point.

Green didnt find out until July right before the season that his medical redshirt was granted- https://www.wlbt.com/story/18961220/msus-marcus-green-granted-sixth-year-of-eligibilty-by-ncaa/

Same with Danberry. She found out in August after she thought she was done- https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/08/20/mississippi-state-womens-basketball-jordan-danberry-vic-schaefer-sec-ncaa-waiver-eligibility-msu/2068352001/

Saturday- our guys know they have another year if they want it. The ones that go thru Sr Day wont be coming back

Thick
11-16-2022, 06:08 PM
Neither Green nor Danberry knew if they were getting an extra year or not was my point.

Green didnt find out until July right before the season that his medical redshirt was granted- https://www.wlbt.com/story/18961220/msus-marcus-green-granted-sixth-year-of-eligibilty-by-ncaa/

Same with Danberry. She found out in August after she thought she was done- https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2019/08/20/mississippi-state-womens-basketball-jordan-danberry-vic-schaefer-sec-ncaa-waiver-eligibility-msu/2068352001/

Saturday- our guys know they have another year if they want it. The ones that go thru Sr Day wont be coming back

Game, set, match!

Pancho
11-16-2022, 06:26 PM
I swear I thought austin williams was in the senior day recognition last year.

TUSK
11-16-2022, 06:44 PM
You are a terrible troll

Should I give em a few trollin' tips, ya reckon???

https://i.imgflip.com/1i603i.jpg

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 06:57 PM
It’s setting up the false narrative. First it was trying to claim the schedule wouldn’t allow 9-10 wins next year, that’s been shot down. Now it’s nobody is returning for an extra COVID year “cuz I said so”

Whatever, most of the team will return intact next year and the schedule does set up for a good year with 9+ wins. The #2 sos this year had a hell of a lot to do to with a 7-4 record when you play 2 top ten teams on the road and number one at home. To suggest otherwise is flat out lying.

But it’s all about creating false narratives to get rid of Leach.

Coach34
11-16-2022, 07:12 PM
There is no “false narrative”. The people out there for Sr Day Saturday will not return next year

Coach34
11-16-2022, 07:17 PM
Not to mention that had we beaten Kentucky- we would be playing Mississippi to get our 9th win. So no false narrative there either

Goldendawg
11-16-2022, 07:28 PM
Not to mention that had we beaten Kentucky- we would be playing Mississippi to get our 9th win. So no false narrative there either

KY is now an ugly loss. Couldn't even beat vandy at that so tough home environment.***

Turfdawg67
11-16-2022, 07:35 PM
Claims the guy who constantly says how bad our offense is but when asked how we scored 40+ on Arky he says "Luckily their QB was out." It doesn't matter how many possessions you get if your O sucks. You're welcome.

Turfdawg67
11-16-2022, 07:40 PM
KY is now an ugly loss. Couldn't even beat vandy at that so tough home environment.***

Of course it is. Any year it'd be... although many on here would have you believe Stoops was building something like Beamer at Va Tech. Grated, they are a lot better than 2009-2015 UK.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 07:48 PM
There is no ?false narrative?. The people out there for Sr Day Saturday will not return next year

According to who ? You ?

Lol

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 07:54 PM
According to who ? You ?

Lol

Again I ask you, who walked last year while intending to return because they had an extra year? This is not this first year players got Covid years added

BuckyIsAB****
11-16-2022, 08:07 PM
I think Jalen Green and Austin Williams did it last year

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 08:09 PM
Oh no, another shitty false narrative gets flushed

What’s next ? “They have to go 12-0 with that cupcake schedule next year, if not Leach has to be
fired”, “9-3 is a major failure, just unacceptable”

Quaoarsking
11-16-2022, 08:26 PM
There is no “false narrative”. The people out there for Sr Day Saturday will not return next year

Unless they change their mind.

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 08:33 PM
I think Jalen Green and Austin Williams did it last year

I don't remember them walking to be honest. Tried to find my video but I think deleted it.

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 08:36 PM
Oh no, another shitty false narrative gets flushed

What’s next ? “They have to go 12-0 with that cupcake schedule next year, if not Leach has to be
fired”, “9-3 is a major failure, just unacceptable”

Again, tell me certainty how many walked last year? Post that information, you are so confident. I don't think anyone did. Maybe Williams and I can't find my video from the game. Another poster don't think anyone did and Bucky thought maybe Green and Williams.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 08:50 PM
This is only in effect since 2021, you are basing this all on who walked last year, right ? So who were the seniors who declined to return ?

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 08:58 PM
This is only in effect since 2021, you are basing this all on who walked last year, right ? So who were the seniors who declined to return ?

I found the answer from the Commercial Dispatch during their live game timeline article. No one walked and returned for us.

6:26 p.m. The players being honored for senior night: WR Carson Banks, P Tucker Day, K Scott Goodman, WR Malik Heath, WR Brodie King, OL Scott Lashley, S C.J. Morgan, S Fred Peters, K Brandon Ruiz (not dressed to play), OL LaQuinston Sharp, RB Omni Wells

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 09:03 PM
Transfer, medical redshirt and the rest never played. Why would a third stringer come back for an extra year ? Sharp did walk and return.

So based on last year, this whole thread is Huge pile of steaming bull.

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 09:10 PM
Transfer, medical redshirt and the rest never played. Why would a third stringer come back for an extra year ? Sharp did walk and return.

So based on last year, this whole thread is Huge pile of steaming bull.

Yep I missed Sharp. My point was that you couldn't come up with all of these players that walked and came back. You were Just spewing piss and vinegar at people. And others thought we had multiple players walk and come back. The original thought that it looks to be a good indication of who and how many may opt for that additional year probably is a good guideline.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 09:15 PM
Yep I missed Sharp. My point was that you couldn't come up with all of these players that walked and came back. You were Just spewing piss and vinegar at people. And others thought we had multiple players walk and come back. The original thought that it looks to be a good indication of who and how many may opt for that additional year probably is a good guideline.

No, you are citing senior day 2021 as some precedent, when it was not. Seniors who are third string and do not play are obviously not going to come back and probably wouldn?t be allowed by coaches to take up roster space.

You have nothing to base this thread on other than wishful thinking.

The team for next year will return largely intact other than the players who are projected to get drafted as has been discussed here many times.

msstate7
11-16-2022, 09:19 PM
This is one of the strangest topics on this board I've saw that has someone so emotional.

State82
11-16-2022, 09:28 PM
This is one of the strangest topics on this board I've saw that has someone so emotional.

Yes it is. Very strange cat fight.

WhiskeyPirate
11-16-2022, 09:34 PM
No, you are citing senior day 2021 as some precedent, when it was not. Seniors who are third string and do not play are obviously not going to come back and probably wouldn?t be allowed by coaches to take up roster space.

The team for next year will return largely intact other than the players who are projected to get drafted as has been discussed here many times.

That?s about it in a nutshell

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 09:35 PM

What? I didn't start the thread. I had just asked to prove your point. You couldn't, and was pretty pissy about it too. It's not like we have a bunch of years for reference. This is a very short term and unprecedented situation to go by.

Wade Garrett
11-16-2022, 09:37 PM

It’s the dumbest thing I’ve read in awhile. Wish I could go back and not read it.

Quaoarsking
11-16-2022, 10:16 PM

I kinda want to sift through the archives and make a huge chart of everyone ever honored on Senior Day and whether they ever played again here or elsewhere. Maybe include other sports, and if I'm feeling ambitious, other schools too.

The thing is even if I proved conclusively that it's NEVER happened before, it still wouldn't mean that this year's players can't change their minds over the next few months.

Coach34
11-16-2022, 10:30 PM
It's just pretty much common sense.

Sharp changed his mind and that's ok. It was 1 guy
We showed the others that did it because they weren't assured of another season.

If 1 changed their mind from this Saturday? That will be ok too. But you can count that just about everybody going thru Sr Day will be done at State. It's crazy that this thread even made it to two pages. But hey- the Pirate troll does what he does.

Yeahhhhh- I'm the troll for expecting us to beat Kentucky. Ok Gomer

parabrave
11-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Hey 34, did Hadad talk to you lately? Listening to his TL this morning he is doing his best impression of you and Pike.

Coach34
11-17-2022, 09:40 AM
I have not spoken to the Pizza Guy since we created Elite in 2013.