PDA

View Full Version : Kiffen

TheLostDawg
11-15-2022, 06:10 PM
Has won the ole miss fans over. All I keep hearing is how they love Kiffen. How Kiffen has won them over, how they love his personality and how they've taken Kiffen in. If Kiffen leaves they will be devastated.

parabrave
11-15-2022, 06:20 PM
Has won the ole miss fans over. All I keep hearing is how they love Kiffen. How Kiffen has won them over, how they love his personality and how they've taken Kiffen in. If Kiffen leaves they will be devastated.

Sounds like Tubby.

msu15
11-15-2022, 07:11 PM
Well good for them that their coach is actually Lane Kiffin, not whoever this Kiffen fellow is that you keep bringing up.

TrapGame
11-15-2022, 07:32 PM
Saw a rumor on a AU board that a mod on one of the ole miss boards is telling folks to prepare for the worst. That worst is Lane is going to Auburn and taking a chunk of the players with him.

TheLostDawg
11-15-2022, 07:45 PM
Well good for them that their coach is actually Lane Kiffin, not whoever this Kiffen fellow is that you keep bringing up.

Meant to do that to show disrespect**

TheLostDawg
11-15-2022, 07:46 PM
Saw a rumor on a AU board that a mod on one of the ole miss boards is telling folks to prepare for the worst. That worst is Lane is going to Auburn and taking a chunk of the players with him.

This would be my concern if we ever got a guy like Deion

SailingDawg
11-15-2022, 07:55 PM
Imagine dating a girl half your age and being worshiped for it.

DawgFromOxford
11-15-2022, 07:55 PM

I would gladly take that concern if it meant we had a couple of 10 win seasons in the process.

CaptainObvious
11-15-2022, 07:57 PM

Are you kidding. 90% of State fans would take the 3 year run Kiffin has had and wish him well in his future endeavors.

Everybody on here talks about how bad it is to fire coaches every 3 years for average seasons or less. Heck fire! Give me the 3 seasons the Rebs have had under Kiffin and I?ll buy him a going away present if he uses us as a stepping stone!

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 08:00 PM
I don’t give a rat’s ass about Lame Killin.

Why the 17 are we even talking about that grown child.

CaptainObvious
11-15-2022, 08:12 PM
I don’t give a rat’s ass about Lame Killin.

Why the 17 are we even talking about that grown child.

Truthfully??? Because we want him gone because of what he has done for Ole Miss, our evil rival. And because we wish we had hired a coach that could do for MSU what Lame has done for our evil rival in a short period of time. Why does Ole Miss get so much National exposure? It ain?t because of the Grove and all that dirt and acorns under all those 150 year old oak trees or their endearing love of the Old South. It is because of Lane Kiffin. The media darling Lane has taken the place of the Media trying to dig up old confederate wounds around Ole Miss.

Meanwhile, the sports media rarely talks about Leach and our offense unless it is to point out how impotent and flaccid it is against good SEC teams.

BeardoMSU
11-15-2022, 08:21 PM
Truthfully??? Because we want him gone because of what he has done for Ole Miss, our evil rival. And because we wish we had hired a coach that could do for MSU what Lame has done for our evil rival in a short period of time. Why does Ole Miss get so much National exposure? It ain?t because of the Grove and all that dirt and acorns under all those 150 year old oak trees or their endearing love of the Old South. It is because of Lane Kiffin. The media darling Lane has taken the place of the Media trying to dig up old confederate wounds around Ole Miss.

Meanwhile, the sports media rarely talks about Leach and our offense unless it is to point out how impotent and flaccid it is against good SEC teams.

Your board name has never been more appropriate, lol.

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 08:21 PM

We just need an AD with a big pair who will ensure what needs to happen with our program and we’ll kick that childish buffoon back down the coaching ladder to Fresno State.

I WANT him to stay at TSUN.

lastmajordog
11-15-2022, 08:38 PM
I don?t know why he would leave.....cougars, money, and job security winning fewer games than blue bloods. I thought he was average when they hired him but I?m an ole dude and I like they way they play being mostly a running team. I truly truly hope CML can pull an outstanding win in ox........but not optimistic.JMHO...GO “DOGS”!!!

CaptainObvious
11-15-2022, 10:55 PM
I don?t know why he would leave.....cougars, money, and job security winning fewer games than blue bloods. I thought he was average when they hired him but I?m an ole dude and I like they way they play being mostly a running team. I truly truly hope CML can pull an outstanding win in ox........but not optimistic.JMHO...GO “DOGS”!!!

I don?t know many 18-22 year old co-eds who would be considered Cougars. But you may be on to something otherwise.

Coach34
11-15-2022, 11:09 PM
Yeahhhhhhhh....Lame aint bangin Cougars in Oxford unless its to get a 6 figure NIL donation

Leeshouldveflanked
11-15-2022, 11:10 PM
10 year contract > 4 year contract

PikeDawg15
11-15-2022, 11:24 PM
Have heard a select amount of sorority girls in oxford have a credit card with his name on it.

lastmajordog
11-15-2022, 11:53 PM
I don?t know many 18-22 year old co-eds who would be considered Cougars. But you may be on to something otherwise.

I was trying not to be Capt Obvious. Point being he has a GREAT gig where is worshipped and can get ANYTHING he wants. At some point it’s just adding $ to the bank account. I'm still eating crow, I thought he was horribly over rated but he has done an incredible job, runs the ball, and has the attitude like JWS......not bad. CML please win...Go “DOGS”....!!

Todd4State
11-16-2022, 02:21 AM
Are you kidding. 90% of State fans would take the 3 year run Kiffin has had and wish him well in his future endeavors.

Everybody on here talks about how bad it is to fire coaches every 3 years for average seasons or less. Heck fire! Give me the 3 seasons the Rebs have had under Kiffin and I?ll buy him a going away present if he uses us as a stepping stone!

Ummm...HUGE difference in a coach being hired away after three years of 9-10 win seasons and firing a coach after three for 7-8 win seasons.

Todd4State
11-16-2022, 02:27 AM

I think if he is going to leave, the time would be now as far as it being a good time.

https://fbschedules.com/2023-ole-miss-football-schedule/

Their schedule is significantly more difficult next year. No way they get off to a 7-0 start with Bama and LSU back to back in games four and five. Also they trade out Kentucky at home for Georgia in Athens.

And then Tulane on the road in NOLA is a game they probably win but it could be tough.

MudDawg228
11-16-2022, 10:07 AM
Never understood this mentality. The whole 'evil rival' thing is so bizarre. Novel concept here, but what if we started trying to figure out how we can be nationally relevant, rather than praying to god Ole Miss slips back down toward irrelevancy, where we perpetually sit. Did the whole NCAA saga not teach anyone anything -- constant rival obsession just makes both schools like like clown acts -- and irrelevant ones at that. I don't pray Kiffin is gone. I hope we put competent people in place who put out a better product than him.

MudDawg228
11-16-2022, 10:13 AM

Do we ever wonder why or how we could become nationally relevant -- instead of this constant 'evil rival' thing. I mean, it is like the NCAA saga taught us nothing -- constantly wishing OM stoops back down to irrelevancy, where we perpetually are, instead of figuring out how to beat them, is why we are never relevant and in the position we are currently in. I don't hope Kiffin leaves. I hope we put the people in place that will put out a better product and program than him.

RocketDawg
11-16-2022, 05:53 PM

Yeah, I don't think Kiffin is interested in cougars.

Pancho
11-16-2022, 06:23 PM
He has dated a lady from Oxford a couple years. Her daughter graduated from OHS in 22.

SailingDawg
11-17-2022, 05:16 PM
He has dated a lady from Oxford a couple years. Her daughter graduated from OHS in 22.

Last I saw he was dating the 23 year old daughter of a big on employee. Should be an issue being a state employee.

Pancho
11-17-2022, 05:22 PM
her daddy a bear/shark/booster? no prob