PDA

View Full Version : Will Rogers versus anyone else at QB.

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2022, 11:15 AM
I put this in a different thread, but I felt like it needed to be said again.

It really is as simple as this. We have Eastern Tennessee State this weekend. Sawyer needs to play the entire game. PERIOD. It is time to move on from Will Rogers. He is a great guy, and he battles out there, but he literally handcuffs the entire offense. I would rather lose Saturday and take a step forward with someone else than win a meaningless game where Will throws for 350 after being silent for 25 game minutes because he simply doesn't perform.

I also want to see our best WRs on the field at the same time and tell them to run Crisp 17n routes or pack your bags.

Those two things will get through to the team.

I will add this. TEMPO. I do not want a single play clock to get below 18 seconds prior to the snap. Get the play, get to the line, check out if you have to, and snap the ball. None of this wait around for the defense to get set bullshit. Also, we only sub if the ball goes out of bounds. Time to 17n nut up offense.

I don't really care who the hell plays QB. Sawyer, the Freshman, a walk on, don't care. AS long as whoever it is can physically throw a ball 28 yards down field with some zip and on target.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2022, 11:26 AM
Being frustrated with Will is being frustrated with Leach's offense.

Will is running what he is being asked to run. The WR's are dropping way more passes than they should. Will's arm is not a rocket, but it is plenty good enough to do what Leach is asking him to run.

ZedFedder
11-15-2022, 11:30 AM
I think it’s both Leach and Rogers.

The offense is frustrating, dated, and requires everything to go right.

Rogers is not going to get you beat. He protects the ball pretty well, is accurate, and a good leader. He isn’t going to win you anything, either. His arm strength really limits the offense to some capacity because he cannot zip it in tight windows. He’s very slow, too.

TrapGame
11-15-2022, 11:35 AM
If Sawyer can't get on the field and beat a team like East Tennessee we got some MAJOR problems in that QB room.

And we've gone tempo in both AU and UGA for a brief period. Then it disappears b/c Will gets the theorems and equations of what he's seeing running through his head. Leach even said after the AU game that Will just needs to run a play, don't over think it, just run it. Running an up tempo air raid style offense will catch a lot of defenses out of position. That's when you can hit a WR for 40+ yards.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2022, 11:39 AM
Why would we play Sawyer the whole game? That's just dumb. Let him play after we get up on them. Sawyer isn't beating out Will this or next year. Sawyer hasn't looked good. Had a lot of issues this fall.

mo7888
11-15-2022, 11:39 AM
Regardless of who's the QB going forward, I think Sawyer should see at least 3 quarters of action this Saturday if not the whole game. Let everyone see what he's got to bring to the table and make decisions from there..

Pinto
11-15-2022, 11:45 AM
So has no one else been developed in the QB room? What are they doing the whole practice time? If there is no competition in the QB room, then how is anyone getting better?

Why would we play Sawyer the whole game? That's just dumb. Let him play after we get up on them. Sawyer isn't beating out Will this or next year. Sawyer hasn't looked good. Had a lot of issues this fall.

TrapGame
11-15-2022, 11:48 AM
Sawyer should play the entire second half of East Tennessee. If he only gets the last five minutes in the 4th quarter we've got a QB development problem. Sawyer has been here two years and should be pushing Will. If he can't even hold Will's jock then we've got a problem.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 11:50 AM
So just concede the egg bowl. This is a dumb dumb thread.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2022, 12:04 PM
I disagree about the tempo. We need to mix some in but sometimes it's better to eat the clock like we do. It really messes with other teams offense when we eat the clock.

Cooterpoot
11-15-2022, 12:10 PM
So has no one else been developed in the QB room? What are they doing the whole practice time? If there is no competition in the QB room, then how is anyone getting better?

Going to see that room change after the season. I just know Sawyer has had some struggles. He's got a ways to go before spring if he's going to compete. I've heard some good things about one of the others but he's a year behind, so we'll see.
This whole situation is a mess right now.

TrapGame
11-15-2022, 12:24 PM

Home, some folks have already conceded it. I'm pretty damn close. I do not see winning the Egg.

TrapGame
11-15-2022, 12:25 PM
I disagree about the tempo. We need to mix some in but sometimes it's better to eat the clock like we do. It really messes with other teams offense when we eat the clock.

And it also messes with Will. He has more time to think instead react.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 12:28 PM
Home, some folks have already conceded it. I'm pretty damn close. I do not see winning the Egg.

I don't think we are winning either. However, I'm going to play my best guy to have a shot and that's Will.

R2Dawg
11-15-2022, 12:32 PM
I think it’s both Leach and Rogers.

The offense is frustrating, dated, and requires everything to go right.

Rogers is not going to get you beat. He protects the ball pretty well, is accurate, and a good leader. He isn’t going to win you anything, either. His arm strength really limits the offense to some capacity because he cannot zip it in tight windows. He’s very slow, too.

This is correct. Rogers won't throw to open guys downfield or can't. Leach could coach him to do so but he won't. Leach hasn't even mentioned throwing downfield.

Lets not make this harder than it is. I could make an argument it is really on Leach. He plays those that more closely are going to do what he wants and Rogers is it.

NCDawg
11-15-2022, 12:45 PM
This is correct. Rogers won't throw to open guys downfield or can't. Leach could coach him to do so but he won't. Leach hasn't even mentioned throwing downfield.

Lets not make this harder than it is. I could make an argument it is really on Leach. He plays those that more closely are going to do what he wants and Rogers is it.

I am not so sure that is correct. You remember the Auburn game last year? Our W/R's were getting open, especially Polk, and Rogers was nailing them. Led a tremendous comeback to win. Everybody seems to be blaming Will this year for our troubles. Maybe they should look at our W/R's a little. If they're not getting open, it's not much Will can do.

Tater
11-15-2022, 12:55 PM
I am not so sure that is correct. You remember the Auburn game last year? Our W/R's were getting open, especially Polk, and Rogers was nailing them. Led a tremendous comeback to win. Everybody seems to be blaming Will this year for our troubles. Maybe they should look at our W/R's a little. If they're not getting open, it's not much Will can do.

When was the last time Will threw a 10+ yd out?

He stopped after he was picked in the A&M game. Cause he doesn't have the arm for it. He's regressed badly.

The fade back shoulder play is almost a sure fire 15 yard penalty in 1on1 coverage. We've had plenty of that. Will hasn't throw that since Tulu dropped a TD.

Matt3467
11-15-2022, 01:02 PM

Will is running what he is being asked to run. The WR's are dropping way more passes than they should. Will's arm is not a rocket, but it is plenty good enough to do what Leach is asking him to run.

Were people frustrated with Texas Techs or Washington States offenses with Leach?

Coach34
11-15-2022, 01:20 PM
Were people frustrated with Texas Techs or Washington States offenses with Leach?

We are last in the SEC in yards per pass attempt.

2022- 6.4
2021- 7.0
2020- 5.9

Washington State

2019- 8.0
2018- 7.2
2017- 6.7
2016- 7.1
2015- 6.9
2014- 7.4

For context- Will has about 275 more passing yards than Bennett and Hooker...but throws it 16 and 20 more times per than they do

Todd4State
11-15-2022, 01:39 PM

But we get to see the back up play!**

TrapGame
11-15-2022, 01:52 PM
When was the last time Will threw a 10+ yd out?

He stopped after he was picked in the A&M game. Cause he doesn't have the arm for it. He's regressed badly.

The fade back shoulder play is almost a sure fire 15 yard penalty in 1on1 coverage. We've had plenty of that. Will hasn't throw that since Tulu dropped a TD.

Will had guys wide open in the Kentucky game but at the slightest hint pressure he was out of the pocket and running east and west instead of straight ahead for positive yards. He had Walley wide-ass open for a big 3rd down play but got chased by a linebacker only to throw it away. He had Rara open downfield with a step ahead of his guy, no safety in sight, for a long gainer but chose to throw it to a RB for almost no gain. Last year's Will had big balls. This year's Will consistently sucks his balls up his ass in big games.

confucius say
11-15-2022, 01:59 PM

2022- 6.4
2021- 7.0
2020- 5.9

Washington State

2019- 8.0
2018- 7.2
2017- 6.7
2016- 7.1
2015- 6.9
2014- 7.4

For context- Will has about 275 more passing yards than Bennett and Hooker...but throws it 16 and 20 more times per than they do

I'm surprised we've been able to go 7-5 twice with the complete inability to stretch the field combined with no run threat at qb.

Jarius
11-15-2022, 02:17 PM
I'm surprised we've been able to go 7-5 twice with the complete inability to stretch the field combined with no run threat at qb.

This offense is magic until it faces a certain level of defense. We beat the shit out of average defenses and believe it or not we play a lot of average defenses. The problem is when we play the top 25-30 defenses we can’t even move the ball. He has to adapt. He has to get a quarterback who is a threat to run the ball when the pocket breaks down. What he is doing will continually get us to 7-5, but we have a very hard ceiling with this offensive approach and a quarterback who is a statue.

Goldendawg
11-15-2022, 02:37 PM

2022- 6.4
2021- 7.0
2020- 5.9

Washington State

2019- 8.0
2018- 7.2
2017- 6.7
2016- 7.1
2015- 6.9
2014- 7.4

A very boring "Air Raid" offense for fans to watch. A very predictable O for a D with a pulse to stop. Pitiful.

coachnorm
11-15-2022, 03:31 PM
This offense is magic until it faces a certain level of defense. We beat the shit out of average defenses and believe it or not we play a lot of average defenses. The problem is when we play the top 25-30 defenses we can’t even move the ball. He has to adapt. He has to get a quarterback who is a threat to run the ball when the pocket breaks down. What he is doing will continually get us to 7-5, but we have a very hard ceiling with this offensive approach and a quarterback who is a statue.

You have a point about HE HAS TO ADAPT? Maybe Leach can not adapt because he has a limited knowledge of OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL and all he can direct is AIR RAID only? Looks like CML is great at tossing chairs at a high level and giving marriage advice at a high level, but cant modify his scheme at a high level? Take a military or business comparison for example, There is something called SOP which means STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE. SOP get modified and updated to assure the survival of the organization. Failure to modify can be catastrophic? How many P5 programs toss swing passes and check downs like CML? Not many because their SOP is not screwed up, even CML disciples have got the message?

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 03:40 PM
Here’s where we are:

(1) Leach is tailoring the offense to the caliber QB we have
(2) No one in the QB room is good enough to change that
(3) It will not change until postseason when we go to the portal and get somebody
(4) We’re not winning the Egg Bowl

confucius say
11-15-2022, 03:54 PM
A very boring "Air Raid" offense for fans to watch. A very predictable O for a D with a pulse to stop. Pitiful.

The counter to that is we score 27 against the best defense in America giving up only 10 ppg if RaRa catches the TD that him in the hands.
Even if you want to take the punt return off it's 20.

Getting a playmaker at qb would change everything.

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2022, 04:02 PM

We are not winning the egg bowl anyway, not with Will as QB. If we do, it is because we ran the ball or had 4 defensive turnovers very deep in their side of the field.
I am looking at what could possibly benefit this team more next season. This season's cake is already baked as soon as we lost to Kentucky after losing the gigantic lead against LSU.

Seriously, what would be better for MSU? Go 7-5 with Will next year or go 7-5 with anyone else in our QB room? WE have seen what Will can do, and he is not the QB that is going to get us to where we are trying to get, and that is Atlanta.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2022, 04:31 PM
Here’s where we are:

(3) It will not change until postseason when we go to the portal and get somebody

5) we're not getting a portal QB. Will is Leach's guy.

Johnson85
11-15-2022, 04:37 PM

Yea, it's hard to say whether the fault is on Leach or the WRs. Leach clearly thinks a decent amount is on the receivers. I certainly don't watch carefully enough to know what is Will's fault and what is his teammates fault. I just know it is frustrating as hell to watch us at times and it appears that Will has regressed, whether it is actually him or the receivers or the OL or a combination of all of them.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 04:38 PM
We are not winning the egg bowl anyway, not with Will as QB. If we do, it is because we ran the ball or had 4 defensive turnovers very deep in their side of the field.
I am looking at what could possibly benefit this team more next season. This season's cake is already baked as soon as we lost to Kentucky after losing the gigantic lead against LSU.

Seriously, what would be better for MSU? Go 7-5 with Will next year or go 7-5 with anyone else in our QB room? WE have seen what Will can do, and he is not the QB that is going to get us to where we are trying to get, and that is Atlanta.

I get it, we might not win. Even probably not win. But you are telling me you are going to look your guys in the face and say-" guys we are going to play sawyer just to see what he might look like for next year? I know we now have zero chance. "
Good thing you are our coach. Talk about losing a locker room. That'll do it

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 04:40 PM
Here’s where we are:

I'll be floored if we bring in a qb that is good enough to win the job. Those guys want guaranteed deals. We have a 3 year returning starter. Don't see it.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2022, 04:54 PM
I'll be floored if we bring in a qb that is good enough to win the job. Those guys want guaranteed deals. We have a 3 year returning starter. Don't see it.

There is a negative 5% chance we bring in a transfer QB.

The first reason is NIL dollars. Why in the world would we spend our limited NIL money on a potential backup QB. Second reason is that Will is our starter next year assuming Leach is the coach. Now if Leach gets fired or he quits, then I could see us going after a dual threat QB.

An impact DE, big time WR or maybe an impact DB would be where I spend our NIL money.

Percho
11-15-2022, 05:02 PM

"I'm with you fellers," O Brother Where Art Thou

Percho
11-15-2022, 05:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWnSbANjeA&ab_channel=NathanWalker

Percho
11-15-2022, 05:15 PM
I still believe one of the Texas boys will win the QB job next year, beginning in the spring.

dawgday166
11-15-2022, 05:24 PM

He also had like 5 mins to throw before the pocket collapsed.

Maroonthirteen
11-15-2022, 05:34 PM
I'm frustrated as anyone with the offense and QB. However the next two games could really change the momentum and outlook for next year for Mississippi State and OM. We could win two and they could lose two (and their coach). Who knows.

I know the odds are against. However let us go into this game with all we have. Then we can reassess Black Friday. Because nothing is changing between today and the egg bowl. May as well put all of our effort into beating them.

Coach34
11-15-2022, 05:39 PM
I still believe one of the Texas boys will win the QB job next year, beginning in the spring.

almost no chance we bench a 3 yr starter

dawgman15
11-15-2022, 05:46 PM
I have zero faith in us walking into Oxford and getting a win. We have been terrible on the road.

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2022, 05:56 PM
I get it, we might not win. Even probably not win. But you are telling me you are going to look your guys in the face and say-" guys we are going to play sawyer just to see what he might look like for next year? I know we now have zero chance. "
Good thing you are our coach. Talk about losing a locker room. That'll do it

ETSU Game, not Egg Bowl. I clearly state that Sawyer (or literally anyone in the QB room) should get the entire ETSU game, not the egg bowl. We do have a game this weekend, remember. We should be able to beat this team this weekend with literally anyone on our team taking snaps. I want to see what other QBs have to offer our system. Teams switch QBs all the time when their offense sucks dick. Which ours does. For whatever reason. Will not seeing open throws. WRs not catching it. Leach not coaching well enough. Whatever it is, I am willing to clearly state, when a defense only has to defend us for maybe 12 yards down field there is literally no way we can beat a above average defense, consistently with this personnel. And the only person on this team currently trying or not trying to throw the ball down field is WILL ROGERS. He just doesn't have the arm strength, PERIOD.

Now if Sawyer or whomever comes out there and runs our offense, but clearly has a stronger arm and handles his business against ETSU, then yes I would want to repeat it against Ole Miss. But to clearly state it is not an option.... well then what are we doing as a program?

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2022, 05:57 PM
almost no chance we bench a 3 yr starter

Then next year we have almost no chance of us winning a game that matters. Simple as that. I have seen enough dink and dunk bullshit out of this offense to last me a lifetime.

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2022, 05:58 PM
I'm frustrated as anyone with the offense and QB. However the next two games could really change the momentum and outlook for next year for Mississippi State and OM. We could win two and they could lose two (and their coach). Who knows.

I know the odds are against. However let us go into this game with all we have. Then we can reassess Black Friday. Because nothing is changing between today and the egg bowl. May as well put all of our effort into beating them.

If nothing is going to change, then we are wasting our time. They will have 285 yards rushing on a short field all night. UM will win the game 38-13.

PikeDawg15
11-15-2022, 06:03 PM
Im not a subscriber to genespage but I saw via twitter where someone broke down the film of the UGA game

Will missed an insane amount of open passes for 15+ yards and instead got scared and dumped it off behind the LOS to a running back for a loss or 2 yard gain.

Will has really regressed from last year.

I do agree that we should give Sawyer real time to see what he can do in a game instead of handing the ball off.

He should have played the 2nd half vs bowling green and thrown 20 times

I want to see him throw 20 times against ETSU also

If something happened to Will, Its scary that we have no one with any experience, maybe chance lovertich?

memsu06
11-15-2022, 06:04 PM
Leach uses cupcake games like a practice scrimmage. He wants Will and the receivers to work on routes etc against a defense that's not theirs.

That's why you don't see Sawyer in cleanup duty much or may not see him this weekend.

TrapGame
11-15-2022, 07:28 PM
Im not a subscriber to genespage but I saw via twitter where someone broke down the film of the UGA game

Will missed an insane amount of open passes for 15+ yards and instead got scared and dumped it off behind the LOS to a running back for a loss or 2 yard gain.

Same thing with the UK game. Walley was open in the middle on several plays for 15 yard pick ups. Rara was open a few time down the field. Will sees the pressure coming and instead of taking a hit and getting the ball to his guys he checks down to a RB or just throws it away.

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 07:32 PM
5) we're not getting a portal QB. Will is Leach's guy.

Yes, that?s the unanswered question. Is it that Leach truly believes WR yet will get him to the Promised Land or is he unwilling to admit he was wrong. And to be candid, I don?t give a rat?s ass. Get an AD and put the question to Leach. Either he?s willing to go the portal and get us someone or he?s out. And if he?s tried to get us someone previously and failed, he?s out. Get us a new guy, take this newfound NIL money and go get us a 17n quarterback. I?m not even convinced Leach has the passion for the job anymore. But I?m sure he enjoys the paycheck.

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 07:36 PM

He?s a starter only BECAUSE we currently don?t have anyone worthy of a guaranteed deal.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 07:41 PM
ETSU Game, not Egg Bowl. I clearly state that Sawyer (or literally anyone in the QB room) should get the entire ETSU game, not the egg bowl. We do have a game this weekend, remember. We should be able to beat this team this weekend with literally anyone on our team taking snaps. I want to see what other QBs have to offer our system. Teams switch QBs all the time when their offense sucks dick. Which ours does. For whatever reason. Will not seeing open throws. WRs not catching it. Leach not coaching well enough. Whatever it is, I am willing to clearly state, when a defense only has to defend us for maybe 12 yards down field there is literally no way we can beat a above average defense, consistently with this personnel. And the only person on this team currently trying or not trying to throw the ball down field is WILL ROGERS. He just doesn't have the arm strength, PERIOD.

Now if Sawyer or whomever comes out there and runs our offense, but clearly has a stronger arm and handles his business against ETSU, then yes I would want to repeat it against Ole Miss. But to clearly state it is not an option.... well then what are we doing as a program?

Still a big no. I'm all for him playing and playing more than we have let him once we get up. I agree he should have more snaps than he has a present

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 07:44 PM

I do agree that we should give Sawyer real time to see what he can do in a game instead of handing the ball off.

He should have played the 2nd half vs bowling green and thrown 20 times

I want to see him throw 20 times against ETSU also

If something happened to Will, Its scary that we have no one with any experience, maybe chance lovertich?
There's lots of problems w that "film breakdown" and I'm not some huge Will guy. I'm not Bucky. He is the best we have but... anyway back to the film. It's showing guys open yes- problem is he nor I nor you, know the played called an his reads. Hell you see guys running wide ass open in the nfl. It happens. And half of the plays he's asking for Will to check it down to the open guy, all the while bitching about not throwing it down field.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 07:47 PM
He?s a starter only BECAUSE we currently don?t have anyone worthy of a guaranteed deal.

Ok. Fine. Get back w me when we do....

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 07:50 PM
Ok. Fine. Get back w me when we do....

Isn’t that a comment for the new AD?!!?

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 08:47 PM
Isn’t that a comment for the new AD?!!?

The new ad?? No. He's not firing leach, not this year. So no. We are talking about the QB aren't we??

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 08:56 PM
The new ad?? No. He's not firing leach, not this year. So no. We are talking about the QB aren't we??

No. We’re talking about who is in charge of our program. Leach or the new AD. If you’re the new AD, are you letting him roll with WR for another season.

ScooterDog
11-15-2022, 08:59 PM
I believe that Sawyer should get some on field game experience. Maybe a quarter, maybe less. What if Will gets hurt? We are SOL.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 09:17 PM
No. We’re talking about who is in charge of our program. Leach or the new AD. If you’re the new AD, are you letting him roll with WR for another season.

You either fire him or let him play who the best guy is. You are the ad, not the head coach. No ad worth a damn does that.... like I said, fire him. And he won't. He will have a year.

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 09:26 PM
You either fire him or let him play who the best guy is. You are the ad, not the head coach. No ad worth a damn does that.... like I said, fire him. And he won't. He will have a year.

The best guy we have is not good enough. I know you believe that Home. Either Leach is willing to fix that or he’s out. It’s Leach’s choice, not the AD’s.

By the way, such a spirited repartee among folks here just shows how much passion we have for this University. All good.

vindastra
11-15-2022, 09:37 PM
If we don't have any of the backups ready in ~3 years, what's the guarantee we will have one in the next 3 years? Either Leach can develop QBs or he cannot.

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 09:50 PM
If we don't have any of the backups ready in ~3 years, what's the guarantee we will have one in the next 3 years? Either Leach can develop QBs or he cannot.

The presumed answer is either he can not OR there is not enough talent in the QB room to develop. The big question is why would we trust him to try and get someone now?!!? Have to ask why he did not staff our QB room with the talent in case his chosen QB did not pan out.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 09:52 PM
The best guy we have is not good enough. I know you believe that Home. Either Leach is willing to fix that or he’s out. It’s Leach’s choice, not the AD’s.

By the way, such a spirited repartee among folks here just shows how much passion we have for this University. All good.
I don't know how well sawyer is doing of late, or locke.... but we aren't getting a qb better than Will via portal. Various reasons. .. but you can hang on and wait.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 09:54 PM

Locke has been here less than a year. Sawyer a year and a half. This day and age everyone wants a star in a snap. Not how it works. Just isn't. Not for us. We don't get 5 star guys. Hell dart is a 5 star and besides his legs is just avg. at best.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 09:58 PM
The presumed answer is either he can not OR there is not enough talent in the QB room to develop. The big question is why would we trust him to try and get someone now?!!? Have to ask why he did not staff our QB room with the talent in case his chosen QB did not pan out.

Again, Al the guys in the room are still freshmen!! Bama doesn't have a backup qb!!!

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 10:09 PM
Locke has been here less than a year. Sawyer a year and a half. This day and age everyone wants a star in a snap. Not how it works. Just isn't. Not for us. We don't get 5 star guys. Hell dart is a 5 star and besides his legs is just avg. at best.

His legs are a helluva lot better than WR and he wasn’t even good enough for USC. You’re saying our NIL money can’t buy a castoff QB.

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2022, 10:14 PM
Just had a thought that made me laugh Home. We should be in the War Room. We would get this sh$t fixed.

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 10:22 PM
His legs are a helluva lot better than WR and he wasn’t even good enough for USC. You’re saying our NIL money can’t buy a castoff QB.

I said his legs were a hell of a lot better. And he was a 5 star too. A cast off?? What good does that do you?

Homedawg
11-15-2022, 10:22 PM
Just had a thought that made me laugh Home. We should be in the War Room. We would get this sh$t fixed.

Haha. Maybe so. It's a tough world out there

Bothrops
11-16-2022, 12:42 AM
I'd play Sawyer, or whoever the actual ****ing #2 guy is, and bring in Will only on some 3rd/4th downs the entire game. If Sawyer can't get comfortable against Tennessee Tech then we know his future lies elsewhere, and that's that. People are trying to make this difficult, it is not.

I do believe Will starts next year, and that would be the case even if Drew Brees was on the roster.

As for the Egg Bowl, I'm not sure Leach could win it even if it meant keeping his Key West address.

Todd4State
11-16-2022, 02:31 AM
I'd play Sawyer, or whoever the actual ****ing #2 guy is, and bring in Will only on some 3rd/4th downs the entire game. If Sawyer can't get comfortable against Tennessee Tech then we know his future lies elsewhere, and that's that. People are trying to make this difficult, it is not.

I do believe Will starts next year, and that would be the case even if Drew Brees was on the roster.

As for the Egg Bowl, I'm not sure Leach could win it even if it meant keeping his Key West address.

What?

Completely depends on the game situation but I suspect we will probably see Sawyer in the fourth quarter if the game goes as expected anyway. Doing what you are suggesting would be goofy.

Todd4State
11-16-2022, 02:33 AM
Again, Al the guys in the room are still freshmen!! Bama doesn't have a backup qb!!!

I don't understand why people don't get this.

You would think after years of us having bad QB play and throwing freshmen out there with very minimal success that they would catch on.

Jarius
11-16-2022, 08:03 AM

If he gets his ass handed to him in the egg bowl he will not be our coach next year.

Pancho
11-16-2022, 08:22 AM
If he gets his ass handed to him in the egg bowl he will not be our coach next year.

I tend to agree.

Homedawg
11-16-2022, 09:11 AM

So you're saying brackey is going to hire our coach? We have to have a coach by early signing day. There's a good chance we don't have a ad. Think about that for a minute.

EdwardDrayton
11-16-2022, 09:37 AM
I don't understand why people don't get this.

You would think after years of us having bad QB play and throwing freshmen out there with very minimal success that they would catch on.

What that says is we currently do not have anyone better than what we have. And what we have is not good enough.

Jarius
11-16-2022, 09:39 AM
So you're saying brackey is going to hire our coach? We have to have a coach by early signing day. There's a good chance we don't have a ad. Think about that for a minute.

You know who also didn’t have an AD when they fired their head coach? Auburn. There is no rule saying we have to wait until January to hire an AD, and if we get boatraced by ole miss for the 3rd year in a row boosters that matter will demand a change happen, which will speed up a lot of things. We also hired Mike Leach a month after early signing day.

Johnson85
11-16-2022, 10:50 AM
What that says is we currently do not have anyone better than what we have. And what we have is not good enough.

Good enough for what? Certainly Will is not good enough to keep the offense moving against a good defense with his current supporting staff. I'm not sure how much of that is on Will and how much of it is on OL and/or WRs. But only an idiot wants to be worse just because we aren't as good as we'd like to be.

We have two guys in the locker room with more natural physical ability than Will. If they can beat him out, they will.

We're probably not going to upgrade from WIll in the transfer portal unless we pitch portal QBs that we are going to kick Will to the curb if they come, which good luck with that approach. Nobody transferring is going to want to come in and compete with Will. The ones that are clearly so much better than him to not have to worry about a QB battle will be paid a lot of money to go to blue bloods, so you'd have to be promising a spot to somebody that won't clearly be better.

I do worry that Will will continue to not get better but that nobody is able to improve enough in practice to beat him. But I don't think the response to that worry is to play someobyd that's not as good or promise a comparable portal player his spot. I do think we should be giving the #2 QB snaps, but very few head coaches do that, and I'm not sure this is one of those things where coaches are doing something obviously counterproductive (like virtually never going for it on 4th down).

Cooterpoot
11-16-2022, 10:53 AM
We have no one on this team capable of winning games other than Will right now. And we have a lazy ass play caller in Leach who refuses to run the ball. We've simply got a damn mess, but at least that mess is capable of winning 7 games this year.

Homedawg
11-16-2022, 12:45 PM
You know who also didn’t have an AD when they fired their head coach? Auburn. There is no rule saying we have to wait until January to hire an AD, and if we get boatraced by ole miss for the 3rd year in a row boosters that matter will demand a change happen, which will speed up a lot of things. We also hired Mike Leach a month after early signing day.

You know who has had an ad in place looking for a coach?? Auburn. The situations are nothing alike. And no we don't have to wait til Jan for an ad. However we would have to have one in place by thanksgiving at the latest to get on w a football search and have a staff in place to try to salvage a signing class.

Homedawg
11-16-2022, 01:10 PM
Good enough for what? Certainly Will is not good enough to keep the offense moving against a good defense with his current supporting staff. I'm not sure how much of that is on Will and how much of it is on OL and/or WRs. But only an idiot wants to be worse just because we aren't as good as we'd like to be.

We have two guys in the locker room with more natural physical ability than Will. If they can beat him out, they will.

We're probably not going to upgrade from WIll in the transfer portal unless we pitch portal QBs that we are going to kick Will to the curb if they come, which good luck with that approach. Nobody transferring is going to want to come in and compete with Will. The ones that are clearly so much better than him to not have to worry about a QB battle will be paid a lot of money to go to blue bloods, so you'd have to be promising a spot to somebody that won't clearly be better.

I do worry that Will will continue to not get better but that nobody is able to improve enough in practice to beat him. But I don't think the response to that worry is to play someobyd that's not as good or promise a comparable portal player his spot. I do think we should be giving the #2 QB snaps, but very few head coaches do that, and I'm not sure this is one of those things where coaches are doing something obviously counterproductive (like virtually never going for it on 4th down).
Everything he said

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2022, 01:30 PM
Harsin was fired literally 25 seconds after Cohen was hired.

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2022, 01:35 PM
Again, I don't really care if we lose both of the remaining games this season. Now is the time, to take the following 3 games and spring to get something better in the works. Meaningful game snaps with the first string players in are a must. Leach does not play the backup, even when up 30pts.

So there are only two options.
1. Will finishes out the year going 7-6, is the only one we have with starting experience, and because of that he is pretty much guaranteed our starting position next year to an amazing best case scenario 8-4 regular season record.

2. We bench Will immediately, turn over the offense to Sawyer or whoever else and let them get 3 games experience in 3 games that have no bearing on us getting to Atlanta. We can lose all 3 and be exactly as close to atlanta as we are right now. This experience could give Sawyer or whoever the experience to challenge Rogers next year for the starting position. At that point, we know Rogers cannot get to Atlanta, maybe the new guy could. Either way, why waste an entire year for nothing.

Lord McBuckethead
11-16-2022, 02:37 PM

Only when you are winning.

Percho
11-16-2022, 03:25 PM
get to Atlanta, maybe the new guy could.

I've got an idea.

Let's trash the whole program on that in bold.

PikeDawg15
11-16-2022, 03:40 PM
I would like to see Sawyer play the entire 2nd Half

TrapGame
11-16-2022, 04:23 PM
I would like to see Sawyer play the entire 2nd Half

You and me both. He's had almost two years in this system. I want to see his throwing accuracy, his mobility and how he handles pressure.

Goldendawg
11-16-2022, 04:32 PM
You and me both. He's had almost two years in this system. I want to see his throwing accuracy, his mobility and how he handles pressure.

Yeah, you would hope that even playing with our second OL/RB groups, he should look good against ETSU. WR could stay about the same with our 15 player rotation or a little less.*** The only thing I have ever looked forward to in these type games is chance to see younger players get some meaningful reps. Heck, sometimes had a fight on our hands playing 1st string in these games in years past. Want a blowout and Will doesn't have to play after 1st half. Hail State!

Jarius
11-16-2022, 05:05 PM
You know who has had an ad in place looking for a coach?? Auburn. The situations are nothing alike. And no we don't have to wait til Jan for an ad. However we would have to have one in place by thanksgiving at the latest to get on w a football search and have a staff in place to try to salvage a signing class.

And we would have an AD in place by then if the right people want Leach fired. If he gets boatraced next Thursday shit will speed up in a hurry. Our people with money don’t like getting their ass beat by that school and watching them go to NY6 games. No one thought we would fire Moorhead after signing day either but we did. Decision maker feelings change in a hurry in coaching firings.

Really Clark?
11-16-2022, 05:39 PM
And we would have an AD in place by then if the right people want Leach fired. If he gets boatraced next Thursday shit will speed up in a hurry. Our people with money don’t like getting their ass beat by that school and watching them go to NY6 games. No one thought we would fire Moorhead after signing day either but we did. Decision maker feelings change in a hurry in coaching firings.

Not saying to fire Leach or not but the Moorehead situation is not really applicable. Unless Leach starts stuffing kids in a hot box again.***

Homedawg
11-16-2022, 08:24 PM
Sure man. We aren't firing leach. If he leaves it's bc he quit. And if he quits. We gonna be scrambling.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-16-2022, 08:29 PM
Let Greek play. He has a hot mama.

Homedawg
11-16-2022, 08:48 PM

Based on some in this thread that would be ok. Bc it's not Rogers and worth the test...

Bothrops
11-16-2022, 09:15 PM
What?

Completely depends on the game situation but I suspect we will probably see Sawyer in the fourth quarter if the game goes as expected anyway. Doing what you are suggesting would be goofy.

May seem goofy, but coaches do goofy things, so why not? Sawyer coming in during the 4th quarter is worthless. If we don't play another qb against an FCS opponent, who is going to be here to back up Will next season?

Homedawg
11-16-2022, 09:34 PM
May seem goofy, but coaches do goofy things, so why not? Sawyer coming in during the 4th quarter is worthless. If we don't play another qb against an FCS opponent, who is going to be here to back up Will next season?

So I've heard game snaps matter. But game snaps in the 4th quarter don't matter?? I get that handing it off every snap doesn't. But they would be game snaps if we ran our offense..Don't get it

msstate7
11-16-2022, 09:51 PM
There isn't even a line on our game. I hope all our backups (Sawyer included) get to play the entire 2nd half.

Our only advantage over OM may be we get essentially an off week before the egg bowl when they have to play a road sec game vs a physical team. Oh, and they get a short week to recover and play us. This could actually be a huge advantage

TrapGame
11-16-2022, 09:58 PM
There isn't even a line on our game. I hope all our backups (Sawyer included) get to play the entire 2nd half.

Our only advantage over OM may be we get essentially an off week before the egg bowl when they have to play a road sec game vs a physical team. Oh, and they get a short week to recover and play us. This could actually be a huge advantage

At night in freezing temperatures too.

I remember some Arkansas games back in the day before the Egg and we got our asses kicked by OM b/c the team was so tired and beat up.

Coach34
11-16-2022, 10:09 PM
We are playing a cupcake and the Egg Bowl is on Thursday. If any starter is playing after halftime, that's just stupid

Not only should Robertson play the 2nd half- but our 3rd guy should get a 4th Q series

Bothrops
11-16-2022, 10:45 PM
So I've heard game snaps matter. But game snaps in the 4th quarter don't matter?? I get that handing it off every snap doesn't. But they would be game snaps if we ran our offense..Don't get it

You don't see value in getting a qb more than garbage time experience against an FCS team? I could have played all of Sawyer's MSU snaps so far and had similar results.

Jarius
11-16-2022, 11:46 PM
Sure man. We aren't firing leach. If he leaves it's bc he quit. And if he quits. We gonna be scrambling.

Hopefully we don’t have to find out. History says you’re wrong. When we lose to them 3 times in a row the coach has not survived in over 60 years. if Leach gets skulldrug in that game Keenum will have to tell a lot of people that donate a lot of money to 17 off when they want to fire Leach and I doubt he will be able to do it, AD in place or not.

Todd4State
11-17-2022, 02:22 AM

Well there are many reasons. First of all you're saying Will isn't good enough to start but you're going to play him on third and fourth down?

You're also assuming that we aren't going to play Sawyer. I disagree unless the game is close.

But the reality is this- Will does need to play. He just does. Sure he'll probably put up huge numbers and look like Joe Montana out there and our fans will quickly point out the competition. But there is value in it because he has been off and this game may give him a chance to get back in a groove again like he was when we played Arkansas and A&M. We need Will to be as right as he can be before the Egg Bowl because barring injury to Will there is no way Sawyer starts the Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
11-17-2022, 02:28 AM
Hopefully we don’t have to find out. History says you’re wrong. When we lose to them 3 times in a row the coach has not survived in over 60 years. if Leach gets skulldrug in that game Keenum will have to tell a lot of people that donate a lot of money to 17 off when they want to fire Leach and I doubt he will be able to do it, AD in place or not.

Firing Leach after three years after we fired Moorhead after two is not an ideal thing.

And if Kiffin leaves creating turmoil for ourselves while Ole Miss is unstable is not a wise thing to do either.

And then not having an AD means you're trying to hire a football coach who would have no idea who he would be working for.

If I'm Keenum I tell them that 2020 was a COVID year and that doesn't count against Leach as far as the Egg Bowl that year. So in theory he only has two losses without extenuating circumstances should he lose this year.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-17-2022, 04:58 AM
Help me out here, early in the season many on this board were saying that our QB room was full of talent and we are set for awhile at QB. Now, it's our QB room is a wreck with no competition. It seems to be the same scenario every year. Wash, rinse repeat. Not sure that MSU football will ever have an upside, that it's all a pipe dream. Don't know what to think. A lot of smart guys on this board with some really good recommendations but unfortunately they rarely make it to the office that counts. Are we wasting our time and money?

Homedawg
11-17-2022, 08:56 AM
You don't see value in getting a qb more than garbage time experience against an FCS team? I could have played all of Sawyer's MSU snaps so far and had similar results.

Sure I do. He needs to play in a blowout. I've said that before.

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2022, 09:42 AM
I disagree. Sitting Will on the bench may get a point across. I disagree that Will needs to play. The guy has started for 2.5 seasons in the same offense with essentially the same supporting skill players, the guy can take a week off, and it would probably do him good.

Someone else in the QB room absolutely deserves a shot for the ETSU game. Let's be honest, Ole Miss has been vastly the better team this year compared to us. Our chance of winning the Egg Bowl with Rogers I would put around 20%, if that. The guy just absolutely freezes in games, this year. Rogers is missing open guys left and right. There are plays to be made out there, he just isn't making them. We have to see what else there is on the team.

Again, I would rather lose the next two games but see flashes of our future QB out there, giving that QB some much needed game experience, and helping us get closer to where we want to be. We cannot waste two losses next year on getting the new QB up to speed. With Bama in our division, you get only one loss and you have to beat them to get that to get to Atlanta. If we can play Sawyer these last two games and that saves us from losing some rando SEC game next year, it is 100% worth it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-17-2022, 09:47 AM
I will say this too, if they play Will Rogers I will be behind him. Ultimately I root for all MSU players, staff, etc. If we are rolling with Will, I will call shotgun. Either way, this was a spirited debate and I believe we all want the same thing. Finish this year off, 3-0 and start what will be the best 18 straight wins in a row in the history of NCAA football.

I just want to see if the next guy has a spark or not. Letting the next guy hand the ball off 2 times at the end of a 28 pt win, doesn't build my confidence up on our coaching and player depth... at all.

Jarius
11-17-2022, 09:54 AM
Firing Leach after three years after we fired Moorhead after two is not an ideal thing.

And if Kiffin leaves creating turmoil for ourselves while Ole Miss is unstable is not a wise thing to do either.

And then not having an AD means you're trying to hire a football coach who would have no idea who he would be working for.

If I'm Keenum I tell them that 2020 was a COVID year and that doesn't count against Leach as far as the Egg Bowl that year. So in theory he only has two losses without extenuating circumstances should he lose this year.

Those type boosters will simply cut off their funding to the program over and under the table until a change is made. When a coach loses the support of people that matter that much booster wise he is finished. Delaying the firing is pointless. You are not getting ahead with a lane duck coach no matter what OM is doing.

Johnson85
11-17-2022, 10:27 AM

I've seen a lot of stupid and moronic message board takes, but this one, holy shit. This take here is the type of fresh and clear eyed take that makes wading through the stupid ones worth it. But also this string is Crooms without pick axes.

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 10:27 AM
I will say this too, if they play Will Rogers I will be behind him. Ultimately I root for all MSU players, staff, etc. If we are rolling with Will, I will call shotgun. Either way, this was a spirited debate and I believe we all want the same thing. Finish this year off, 3-0 and start what will be the best 18 straight wins in a row in the history of NCAA football.

I just want to see if the next guy has a spark or not. Letting the next guy hand the ball off 2 times at the end of a 28 pt win, doesn't build my confidence up on our coaching and player depth... at all.

My thinking as well. I've soured on Leach some but I still support him. If he doesn't retire and returns next year, I will support him. I support Will too but we need to see who we are dealing with as a backup. And Will needs to get his shit together asap.

yjnkdawg
11-17-2022, 11:44 AM
I disagree. Sitting Will on the bench may get a point across. I disagree that Will needs to play. The guy has started for 2.5 seasons in the same offense with essentially the same supporting skill players, the guy can take a week off, and it would probably do him good.

Someone else in the QB room absolutely deserves a shot for the ETSU game. Let's be honest, Ole Miss has been vastly the better team this year compared to us. Our chance of winning the Egg Bowl with Rogers I would put around 20%, if that. The guy just absolutely freezes in games, this year. Rogers is missing open guys left and right. There are plays to be made out there, he just isn't making them. We have to see what else there is on the team.

Again, I would rather lose the next two games but see flashes of our future QB out there, giving that QB some much needed game experience, and helping us get closer to where we want to be. We cannot waste two losses next year on getting the new QB up to speed. With Bama in our division, you get only one loss and you have to beat them to get that to get to Atlanta. If we can play Sawyer these last two games and that saves us from losing some rando SEC game next year, it is 100% worth it.

Sitting Will on the bench would not accomplish anything positive for our quarterback situation or our offense. For us to even have a shot at beating OM, Will needs to start Saturday, and play as long as is necessary. Hopefully it will be an early blowout and we can see Sawyer and maybe Locke play. Not only would it be stupid to bench Will Saturday, it would also effect the team morale in a negative way.

BrunswickDawg
11-17-2022, 11:49 AM

I'm still not certain if this is true or not. If they lose to Arkansas - they will have an 8-3, just one game better than our 7-4. They have performed better in their losses - scoring 1 touchdown more per loss than us and gaining 130+ more yards a game in losses.

But, their wins are just as cupcake as ours. Their wins have come against teams with a combined 37-43 (avg 5-5) while ours are a combined (after ETSU) 30-42 (4-6). In their wins they averaged 39.6 pt to our 42.3 pts, and gained an average of 506 yards to our 475. They have given up 18.6 pts a game in wins versus our 21.3, and given up 362.8 ypg to our 343.7 ypg in wins.

They had the benefit of a front loaded schedule. For all of the gnashing of teeth that has been going on, we still stand a realistic chance of finishing with identical records.

Coach34
11-17-2022, 12:05 PM
I hope KJ is well enough to go or UPig isnt going to beat them

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 12:16 PM
I hope KJ is well enough to go or UPig isnt going to beat them

They will need both KJ and Rocket Sanders playing well to beat them.

Goldendawg
11-17-2022, 12:29 PM

Sorry, but OM played under those covid 2020 conditions also, it's a loss. If we had won it, you can bet we claimed it with no if's or but's. Now, win this Thanksgiving night and it's a mute point. Break the 2 loss streak. Hail State!

Goldendawg
11-17-2022, 12:44 PM
I'm still not certain if this is true or not. If they lose to Arkansas - they will have an 8-3, just one game better than our 7-4. They have performed better in their losses - scoring 1 touchdown more per loss than us and gaining 130+ more yards a game in losses.

But, their wins are just as cupcake as ours. Their wins have come against teams with a combined 37-43 (avg 5-5) while ours are a combined (after ETSU) 30-42 (4-6). In their wins they averaged 39.6 pt to our 42.3 pts, and gained an average of 506 yards to our 475. They have given up 18.6 pts a game in wins versus our 21.3, and given up 362.8 ypg to our 343.7 ypg in wins.

They had the benefit of a front loaded schedule. For all of the gnashing of teeth that has been going on, we still stand a realistic chance of finishing with identical records.

To add:
We both lost to LSU at their place.
We both lost to bama, we no show on road a they barely lose at home.
We beat arky at home mainly in control, them TBD on road.
Should both be 4-0 OOC, but we looked better, ETSU TBD.
Both beat AU.
Both beat aTm at home, they struggled.
They barely beat KY at home, we didn't show up on road.
We got GA. They always get vandy.
EGG TBD.
Except GA/vandy. Similar schedules and possible similar results. EGG tells the tale.

Coach34
11-17-2022, 01:04 PM
To add:
We both lost to LSU at their place.
We both lost to bama, we no show on road a they barely lose at home.
We beat arky at home mainly in control, them TBD on road.
Should both be 4-0 OOC, but we looked better, ETSU TBD.
Both beat AU.
Both beat aTm at home, they struggled.
They barely beat KY at home, we didn't show up on road.
We got GA. They always get vandy.
EGG TBD.
Except GA/vandy. Similar schedules and possible similar results. EGG tells the tale.

They played @A&M

WhiskeyPirate
11-17-2022, 01:07 PM
Those type boosters will simply cut off their funding to the program over and under the table until a change is made. When a coach loses the support of people that matter that much booster wise he is finished. Delaying the firing is pointless. You are not getting ahead with a lane duck coach no matter what OM is doing.

lol

Leach is not going anywhere. After next season 9-10 wins he will get another extension. Such dumb comments.

Goldendawg
11-17-2022, 01:18 PM
They played @A&M

My bad. If Arky comes through Sat. We win EGG, both 8-4, but very long odds for us. Gotta go, looking for new AD, Signed, Dr. Kee, I mean Goldendawg!****

Matt3467
11-17-2022, 01:26 PM
Anything can happen in the EB. This sort of reminds me of '09 with OM ranked and sitting at 8-3 while we were coming in with like 4 wins. I don't have a lot of faith in Will and I believe he holds us back but maybe if he plays his best game we have a shot.

Jarius
11-17-2022, 02:44 PM
lol

Leach is not going anywhere. After next season 9-10 wins he will get another extension. Such dumb comments.

The guy who thinks Mike Leach is going to win 9 or 10 games next year thinks someone else's comments are dumb.

TrapGame
11-17-2022, 03:25 PM
The guy who thinks Mike Leach is going to win 9 or 10 games next year thinks someone else's comments are dumb.

Leach will be a shoo in for COTY if that happens. And I'm buying Q a steak dinner.

Quaoarsking
11-17-2022, 03:41 PM

I mean, 9 wins slipped through our fingers last year, and if we got to play South Carolina instead of Georgia we'd have a decent shot at 9 this year.

I can understand not predicting we get 9 next year, but the idea that we might isn't crazy at all.

Jarius
11-17-2022, 04:14 PM
I mean, 9 wins slipped through our fingers last year, and if we got to play South Carolina instead of Georgia we'd have a decent shot at 9 this year.

I can understand not predicting we get 9 next year, but the idea that we might isn't crazy at all.

We would have to beat 5 SEC Teams. You can scratch off Alabama and LSU. that leaves 6 games to win 5 out of Auburn on the road with Kiffin probably leading them, Ole Miss (who may still have Kiffin so basically this game or the AU game is going to be a loss so pick your poison), Kentucky, Arkansas on the road, A&M on the road, and USC on the road. That's not a recipe for 9 wins. At all. Almost all of our tossups are on the road. The way Leach coached teams have played on the road should not lead anyone to believe that we can beat anyone with a pulse on the road.

BrunswickDawg
11-17-2022, 04:31 PM
We would have to beat 5 SEC Teams. You can scratch off Alabama and LSU. that leaves 6 games to win 5 out of Auburn on the road with Kiffin probably leading them, Ole Miss (who may still have Kiffin so basically this game or the AU game is going to be a loss so pick your poison), Kentucky, Arkansas on the road, A&M on the road, and USC on the road. That's not a recipe for 9 wins. At all. Almost all of our tossups are on the road. The way Leach coached teams have played on the road should not lead anyone to believe that we can beat anyone with a pulse on the road.

Yes this season has sucked on the road, but we were a couple of blown calls away from being undefeated on the road in 2021. Thank you Mark Curles.

WhiskeyPirate
11-17-2022, 06:43 PM
OOC 4 wins

South Carolina Win

Auburn Win

Arkansas Win

UK home Win

A&M Win

Ole Miss home Win

That’s ten wins right there

LSU at home is a winnable game, I’d call it 50/50

I’ll call Alabama a loss at home

If we drop a game we shouldn’t that’s still nine wins with another win possible in a bowl game for ten wins

Leach owns a and m and uk is at home. Ole miss is a mess next year and auburn won’t be a powerhouse in kiffins first year. Arkansas is not good right now.

Nine wins are very very attainable next year. This team returns largely intact and will have some key additions in the the portal.

Quaoarsking
11-17-2022, 07:29 PM

You can say the same thing about 2021 and 2022 and we weren't that far off. And the idea that "Leach can't win on the road" is based entirely on 2022 (including games @LSU and Alabama) and not 2020-21 or his earlier jobs. Likely just a combination of coincidence and an especially tough road schedule.

Again, I won't argue with someone who predicts we won't get there. I just don't think it's an absurd idea that we might.

Goldendawg
11-17-2022, 07:39 PM
OOC 4 wins

South Carolina Win

Auburn Win

Arkansas Win

UK home Win

A&M Win

Ole Miss home Win

That?s ten wins right there

LSU at home is a winnable game, I?d call it 50/50

I?ll call Alabama a loss at home

If we drop a game we shouldn?t that?s still nine wins with another win possible in a bowl game for ten wins

Leach owns a and m and uk is at home. Ole miss is a mess next year and auburn won?t be a powerhouse in kiffins first year. Arkansas is not good right now.

Nine wins are very very attainable next year. This team returns largely intact and will have some key additions in the the portal.

If Lane goes to AU and carries several good OM players and his staff will be good his first year with remaining AU talent. Hate to type that, and I want him gone asap.

WhiskeyPirate
11-17-2022, 08:23 PM
If Lane goes to AU and carries several good OM players and his staff will be good his first year with remaining AU talent. Hate to type that, and I want him gone asap.

Auburn won’t have a qb next year. Dart isn’t eligible for a year and the kid they have now will never play for Lane. The auburn team has a bunch of holes on both sides of the ball, they won’t be good next year.

Coach34
11-17-2022, 08:49 PM
Auburn won’t have a qb next year. Dart isn’t eligible for a year and the kid they have now will never play for Lane. The auburn team has a bunch of holes on both sides of the ball, they won’t be good next year.

Dart would be eligible immediately at Auburn. Players can transfer if the coach leaves.

WhiskeyPirate
11-17-2022, 09:14 PM
Dart would be eligible immediately at Auburn. Players can transfer if the coach leaves.

Wrong

Dart has already transferred once, he would have to sit out a year.

Coach34
11-17-2022, 09:30 PM
Wrong

Dart has already transferred once, he would have to sit out a year.

Jesus. You really are a doorknob

WhiskeyPirate
11-17-2022, 09:44 PM
Jesus. You really are a doorknob

The waiver only applies if you don?t follow the head coach. He?s already transferred once so he can?t go to Auburn unless he sits out a year.

Numb nuts

Coach34
11-17-2022, 09:52 PM
Watch and see

WhiskeyPirate
11-17-2022, 10:26 PM
Watch and see

Look up the rule if you have basic reading comprehension. This has been hashed out in detail elsewhere. Dart won’t be playing qb at Auburn next year unless he wants to sit out a year. He may well transfer, but he can’t play right away if he follows Kiffin. He’s already transferred once.

Coach34
11-17-2022, 10:50 PM
Look up the rule if you have basic reading comprehension. This has been hashed out in detail elsewhere. Dart won’t be playing qb at Auburn next year unless he wants to sit out a year. He may well transfer, but he can’t play right away if he follows Kiffin. He’s already transferred once.

I'm done arguing with a buffoon

Homedawg
11-17-2022, 11:01 PM
OOC 4 wins

South Carolina Win

Auburn Win

Arkansas Win

UK home Win

A&M Win

Ole Miss home Win

If we drop a game we shouldn’t that’s still nine wins with another win possible in a bowl game for ten wins

Leach owns a and m and uk is at home. Ole miss is a mess next year and auburn won’t be a powerhouse in kiffins first year. Arkansas is not good right now.

Just wow

WhiskeyPirate
11-18-2022, 12:01 AM
Just wow

Makes ya cry, don’t it

Should be a good year next year. Nice not to play the #2 sos in the country

Todd4State
11-18-2022, 01:52 AM
OOC 4 wins

South Carolina Win

Auburn Win

Arkansas Win

UK home Win

A&M Win

Ole Miss home Win

South Carolina, Auburn, and Arkansas are difficult places to play at in the SEC in their own right. We also have South Carolina in between LSU and Alabama. Big time trap game.

msu15
11-18-2022, 03:39 AM
The waiver only applies if you don?t follow the head coach. He?s already transferred once so he can?t go to Auburn unless he sits out a year.

Numb nuts

Lol.....God you're dumb.

Bothrops
11-18-2022, 07:55 AM
OOC 4 wins

South Carolina Win

Auburn Win

Arkansas Win

UK home Win

A&M Win

Ole Miss home Win

Lol no. We are going to struggle next year

@ SC - maybe
@ Auburn - loss
@ Arkansas - loss
LSU - loss
Bama - loss
@ A&M - maybe
UK - win
Ole Miss - loss, if Kiffin is coaching

msstate7
11-18-2022, 08:48 AM
Predicting wins vs teams a year out that outrecruit us big time in the portal age is a fools game

WhiskeyPirate
11-18-2022, 09:32 AM
South Carolina, Auburn, and Arkansas are difficult places to play at in the SEC in their own right. We also have South Carolina in between LSU and Alabama. Big time trap game.

Yes they are, but they are very winnable games. Auburn and Arkansas are both in turmoil. Big difference from playing Bama and LSU on the road.

It’s fine to question every game and some are toss ups.

However it’s obvious that some have an agenda and want to scream and cry at any mention of something positive for this program under Leach.

Nine wins are a very reasonable expectation next year, 8-4 is possible, 10 wins with a bowl win are possible. We will win more than 7.

Quaoarsking
11-18-2022, 09:33 AM
Predicting wins vs teams a year out that outrecruit us big time in the portal age is a fools game

Definitely true, and equally foolish to totally write off the idea of us winning 9 games a year from now

Johnson85
11-18-2022, 09:48 AM
OOC 4 wins

South Carolina Win

Auburn Win

Arkansas Win

UK home Win

A&M Win

Ole Miss home Win

LSU has a good coach and more talent than us and will probably further upgrade in the portal. That's not going to be 50/50 next year. Auburn is going to look very different. They're not untalented though. A good coach and some key transfers can make that a toss up or likely loss pretty quickly. UK is like us and probably won't chance their team that much with the portal and freshmen recruits. Who knows what Ole Miss will look like next year. They've got good building blocks though if Lane stays. A&M is still going to be talented.

Just impossible to say this far out. The margin between 2-6 and 5-3 is usually pretty damn slim.

Coach34
11-18-2022, 09:51 AM
Not to mention us losing 2-3 draft picks on D and some turnover on the offensive end

WhiskeyPirate
11-18-2022, 09:55 AM
LSU has a good coach and more talent than us and will probably further upgrade in the portal. That's not going to be 50/50 next year. Auburn is going to look very different. They're not untalented though. A good coach and some key transfers can make that a toss up or likely loss pretty quickly. UK is like us and probably won't chance their team that much with the portal and freshmen recruits. Who knows what Ole Miss will look like next year. They've got good building blocks though if Lane stays. A&M is still going to be talented.

Just impossible to say this far out. The margin between 2-6 and 5-3 is usually pretty damn slim.
Don?t disagree, sec wins are very tough. I think at home, we will play LSU tough. I?m counting it as a loss, and we will of course lose one or maybe two road games that are toss ups. That still leaves us for a chance at nine wins.

Its also blatantly obvious when you have agenda driven negative posters screaming ?they can?t win they can?t win? over games that are very winnable. Just as this year we had one of the toughest schedules in the nation and 7-5/8-4 is all any reasonable fan expected. The schedule next year is much more reasonable.

ETA:

And everyone knows Forbes and wheat are going to the nfl, this isn?t some revelation.

Once we establish next years schedule is much more favorable, which it is, we have agenda driven BS artists start screaming that everyone is leaving, which they aren?t. Thanks to a Covid year we will return the team largely intact, which is another reason for optimism.

Coach34
11-18-2022, 01:36 PM
we have agenda driven BS artists start screaming that everyone is leaving, which they aren?t. Thanks to a Covid year we will return the team largely intact, which is another reason for optimism.

I'm gonna guess these guys are out for Sr Day and wont be back (just guessing- no insider info...will see how I do on Saturday)

Crumedy
Greek punter
Dolla Bill
Sharp
Williams
Kam Jones
Cole Smith
Jett
Timbs
Misscardi
Pickering
Watson
Preston
Matthews
Davis
Calvin
Charlton
Ducking
Wheat
Green

WhiskeyPirate
11-18-2022, 01:50 PM
I'm gonna guess these guys are out for Sr Day and wont be back (just guessing- no insider info...will see how I do on Saturday)

Crumedy
Greek punter
Dolla Bill
Sharp
Williams
Kam Jones
Cole Smith
Jett
Timbs
Misscardi
Pickering
Watson
Preston
Matthews
Davis
Calvin
Charlton
Ducking
Wheat
Green

Funny how it was just posted on the other site seniors going through senior day are still coming back and it is meaningless, and that’s from the guy who interviews the players on their intentions. Arkansas board said the same thing, all of their guys coming back for their extra Covid year are doing senior day and it doesn’t mean anything.

But keep spinning your tales.

Jarius
11-18-2022, 02:28 PM

Crumedy
Greek punter
Dolla Bill
Sharp
Williams
Kam Jones
Cole Smith
Jett
Timbs
Misscardi
Pickering
Watson
Preston
Matthews
Davis
Calvin
Charlton
Ducking
Wheat
Green

Pickering and Davis are probably coming back, per Paul. I don't know how credible that is.

Quaoarsking
11-18-2022, 05:09 PM
Misscardi

That is extraordinarily shitty, even by your standards.

confucius say
11-18-2022, 05:33 PM
That is extraordinarily shitty, even by your standards.

Especially since the guy is 85% on field goals inside of 56 yards this year. And made three 44 yard fg in a row to tie auburn in a misty rain with the win swirling. Clown thing to say.

Coach34
11-18-2022, 07:59 PM
He’s also missed two XP’s in only 15 tries. Other kickers in the league with as many as two misses have twice as many tries. 5 SEC teams haven’t missed one

vindastra
11-18-2022, 09:22 PM
We all have maroon colored glasses here but trying to defend our kickers should be where we draw the line.

Coach34
11-19-2022, 12:17 PM
Pickering and Davis are probably coming back, per Paul. I don't know how credible that is.

We have 31 guys that are graduate players or Sr's- 22 participated in this video as not returning.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mississippi-state-senior-class-thanks-bulldog-fans-ahead-of-home-finale/

Tater
11-19-2022, 12:21 PM
He’s also missed two XP’s in only 15 tries. Other kickers in the league with as many as two misses have twice as many tries. 5 SEC teams haven’t missed one

The problem was the laces by bad holds. We've seen that when we hold it proper we have solid kicking.

But I wouldn't expect someone who's a self proclaimed coach or chef to pay attention to the finer details.

Coach34
11-19-2022, 12:34 PM
The problem was the laces by bad holds. We've seen that when we hold it proper we have solid kicking.

But I wouldn't expect someone who's a self proclaimed coach or chef to pay attention to the finer details.

Always a reason kickers miss kicks. We just have more reasons than other teams

Tater
11-20-2022, 12:14 PM
Always a reason kickers miss kicks. We just have more reasons than other teams

You can have a bad kicking unit with a good kicker.

Lord McBuckethead
11-20-2022, 06:09 PM
It?s the holder. I discussed this with some people that would know.

Goldendawg
11-20-2022, 07:38 PM
Don't we lose both punters (Trafford and the UMass transfer) and both transfer kickers from Coastal Carolina and Northern Colorado? If not, what is their status? Starting over might not be so bad, especially at punter recently.