Signed nick Anderson

Signed Jesse Chavez

BrunswickDawg
11-14-2022, 08:30 PM
Harris just named ROY!

msstate7
11-14-2022, 08:31 PM
Harris just named ROY!

Well deserved. Strider will have to settle for the cy young next season haha (or maybe no haha)

BoomBoom
11-14-2022, 08:52 PM
Not much action yet...

Dansby got QO, which he will almost certainly turn down

Signed nick Anderson

Signed Jesse Chavez

DeGrom? Ultimately, too expensive, unless he'll backload it away from 2023. 30% chance only if Dansby walks.

Surprised they traded Odorizzi for $2M net. For that much I'd have kept him around to compete for 5th spot/swing man. Must be another vet that doesn't gel with the coaching, like Grossman.

So, gonna need a SP. Don't want to count on 2 of Elder/Muller/Soroka. One can be the 5th SP.

I can't predict Dansby. Between Albies and the new 2B (forget the name), they don't have to have a SS, either of them can play it average. So it's hard to justify breaking the bank. I think he gets the Freddie treatment. Time will tell if he takes a discount.

Need a good LF, but have to figure out Ozuna and Rosario. I'm guessing they sign/trade for the LF they want, then keep those guys around as bench players, hoping they figure it out enough to get a half decent trade. By end of May, cut bait.

Also need another back of the bullpen piece.

MaroonFlounder
11-14-2022, 11:26 PM
Cubs cut Jason Hayward. Do they bring him back?

I saw a blurb that said Dansby will be a Seattle Mariner.

I love Acuna but he slacks off sometimes and can’t stay healthy.

Does Duvall get brought back another year?

Can they get rid of Ozuna?

parabrave
11-15-2022, 02:34 AM
Glad for Michael. Got to meet him and his dad when they played Biloxi. Great kid. BTW if ypu ever get to go to Minor league games please go and take the kids. The players are very approachable and with the exception of Pache, will sign anything.

SilentSteel16
11-15-2022, 01:19 PM
The reason why Astros players are so loved by our fans… it is a MANDATE in Astros organization in the minors to be at field 30 mins before batting practice to be out on the field readily available for fan interaction. There was an article in SI about it saying that Astros farm system guys spend on AVERAGE 7 hours a week on fan experience every week.

parabrave
11-15-2022, 01:57 PM
The reason why Astros players are so loved by our fans… it is a MANDATE in Astros organization in the minors to be at field 30 mins before batting practice to be out on the field readily available for fan interaction. There was an article in SI about it saying that Astros farm system guys spend on AVERAGE 7 hours a week on fan experience every week.

Alot of that also depends on the Manager/ When Chris managed the M Braves all the players would be available before and after the game. Some Orgs forget about it esp with the Covid protocols. Most players will talk to kids and let the kids get to know them.

msstate7
12-14-2022, 10:41 PM
Traded Justyn Henry Malloy and Jake Higginbotham for Joe Jimenez

msstate7
12-14-2022, 10:41 PM
Passan:

Full trade, per ESPN sources:

Atlanta gets: C Sean Murphy

Oakland gets: LHP Kyle Muller, UT Esteury Ruiz, RHP Freddy Tarnok, RHP Royber Salinas, C Manny Pi?a

Milwaukee gets: C William Contreras, RHP Justin Yeager, RHP Joel Payamps

msstate7
12-14-2022, 10:44 PM
Love getting Murphy. Hopefully jiminez has a repeat of last year when he was dominant.

I fully expect Swanson to get a mega deal from another team, but would love to be surprised.

My prediction: braves sign conforto or benintendi. Grissom is our starting ss. Ozuna and Rosario platoon at DH for at least first month

SilentSteel16
12-14-2022, 10:47 PM
I would imagine Braves get whoever the Astros don’t in CF between Conforto or ben Nintendo, and yes that name was on purpose.

Really Clark?
12-14-2022, 11:04 PM
I really like getting Murphy.

I hate that the price is too much for Dansby but I wouldn't pay as much as his market will go to either.

klong-dog
12-14-2022, 11:39 PM
Love getting Murphy. Hopefully jiminez has a repeat of last year when he was dominant.

I fully expect Swanson to get a mega deal from another team, but would love to be surprised.

My prediction: braves sign conforto or benintendi. Grissom is our starting ss. Ozuna and Rosario platoon at DH for at least first month

I'm still holding out hope for Reynolds.
He and Benintendi together would be unreal. We need the contact guys mixed in with what we have.

BrunswickDawg
12-15-2022, 08:31 AM

I think this may be how it will work out. But, I'm holding out hope for Dansby to stay. I know his family, and they want him to stay. He just got married - which may impact things. His grandfather just died too - and that may impact things.
Or - it all goes out the window for a big check.

parabrave
12-15-2022, 08:47 AM
I'm glad that Contreras got sent to the Brewers. He will be getting more playing time.

msstate7
12-15-2022, 08:50 AM
I'm glad that Contreras got sent to the Brewers. He will be getting more playing time.

Hated to lose him.

shoeless joe
12-15-2022, 09:15 AM
AA is running this team like I ran things on EA sports in my college dorm. Go grab the next best thing and not worry about leadership or the clubhouse. Letting Freddie walk was one thing but I don’t understand not at least making a competitive offer to dansby. I wouldn’t go 25+ but I’d guarantee you he’d take 22 mil at 7-8 yrs if offered. And I’m not a gigantic dansby fan but it’s obvious what he brings to the team on so many levels. Let’s face it albies and acuna are not team leaders…Olsen is too new…Harris and riley prolly will take over that role but it will be unnatural because they’re so young.

Not to mention taking dansby off short really hurts the pitching staff. I like Murphy and am ok trading WC but he needs to make a legit push for Swanson.

msstate7
12-15-2022, 09:18 AM
AA is running this team like I ran things on EA sports in my college dorm. Go grab the next best thing and not worry about leadership or the clubhouse. Letting Freddie walk was one thing but I don?t understand not at least making a competitive offer to dansby. I wouldn?t go 25+ but I?d guarantee you he?d take 22 mil at 7-8 yrs if offered. And I?m not a gigantic dansby fan but it?s obvious what he brings to the team on so many levels. Let?s face it albies and acuna are not team leaders?Olsen is too new?Harris and riley prolly will take over that role but it will be unnatural because they?re so young.

Not to mention taking dansby off short really hurts the pitching staff. I like Murphy and am ok trading WC but he needs to make a legit push for Swanson.

TDA is probably the biggest leader of positional guys. Morton on the pitching side. Both are back.

And albies is a leader on the team.

Swanson at 8 years is a mistake imo. The braves offered 6 years 140 million supposedly. That's more than fair. Just bc the padres, Phillies, and giants lost their minds, it doesn't mean the braves should

Really Clark?
12-15-2022, 09:23 AM
I love Dansby and is a great SS but I have trouble with players best offensive numbers occurring during their free agent season. Do we want to be paying a 37-38 year old SS over $20 MIL per season? I don't think we can and try to sign Fried to an extension. I also think we don't really want to go over on the luxury tax. I do worry about the clubhouse though.

shoeless joe
12-15-2022, 10:07 AM
I love Dansby and is a great SS but I have trouble with players best offensive numbers occurring during their free agent season. Do we want to be paying a 37-38 year old SS over $20 MIL per season? I don't think we can and try to sign Fried to an extension. I also think we don't really want to go over on the luxury tax. I do worry about the clubhouse though.

Letting Freddie walk made me think that they were surely all in on dansby. So at this point I don’t expect dansby walking to mean fried will get signed.

msstate7
12-15-2022, 10:09 AM
Letting Freddie walk made me think that they were surely all in on dansby. So at this point I don’t expect dansby walking to mean fried will get signed.

Supposedly fried isn't open to an extension. He wants to hit the market

shoeless joe
12-15-2022, 10:14 AM
Supposedly fried isn't open to an extension. He wants to hit the market

There ya go…won’t be signing him either

Really Clark?
12-15-2022, 10:16 AM

Oh maybe not and I actually think there is some truth that we may try to move him before that point.

msstate7
12-15-2022, 10:20 AM
There ya go…won’t be signing him either

I'm sure AA would've loved to have all 3 long term, but if the price isn't right, it isn't right. AA has a great cord locked up for the next 6 years. I really don't see how we can not love the guy

BrunswickDawg
12-15-2022, 11:39 AM
TDA is probably the biggest leader of positional guys. Morton on the pitching side. Both are back.

And albies is a leader on the team.

Swanson at 8 years is a mistake imo. The braves offered 6 years 140 million supposedly. That's more than fair. Just bc the padres, Phillies, and giants lost their minds, it doesn't mean the braves should

Apparently, d'Arnaud is a big leader on the team, and they are grooming him to move into management when he hangs them up.

Tater
12-15-2022, 10:05 PM
Cohen really rage spent and is still trying to throw more money around.

This is gonna blow up spectacularly for us. Again.

msstate7
12-15-2022, 10:08 PM
Cohen really rage spent and is still trying to throw more money around.

This is gonna blow up spectacularly for us. Again.

Mets will be good.
Phillies will be good.
Braves will be good.
Gonna be a great race.

Really Clark?
12-17-2022, 05:23 PM
7 years $177 Mil full no trade for Dansby from the Cubs.

Pinto
12-17-2022, 08:51 PM
Still need to move Ozuna.

msstate7
12-17-2022, 08:55 PM
Still need to move Ozuna.

No one will take him. Just gotta hope he starts hitting again

Really Clark?
12-17-2022, 09:00 PM
No one will take him. Just gotta hope he starts hitting again

Yeah, can't do anything with him and his deal has cost us re-signing Freddie or Dansby. AA has made a lot of good moves but that sure a hell wasn't one. Lol.

KOdawg1
12-17-2022, 10:01 PM
Roll with Grissom/Arcia at SS.

Go get a LF

msstate7
12-17-2022, 10:04 PM

Go get a LF

I agree. Gotta feeling it will be duvall/grossman/Michael Taylor as the RH platoon to go with Rosario though.

BoomBoom
12-18-2022, 01:30 AM

Go get a LF

I'm thinking slide Albies back to SS. Easier to find a 2B. Arcia is nothing but a backup, and Grissom is not ready. Expect a trade. Or even a middling FA, like Andrus, is much better than VG/OA.

msstate7
12-18-2022, 08:11 AM
I'm thinking slide Albies back to SS. Easier to find a 2B. Arcia is nothing but a backup, and Grissom is not ready. Expect a trade. Or even a middling FA, like Andrus, is much better than VG/OA.

That would be great if Ozzie can handle it. He seems to have a weak arm and long motion though.

Jose iglesias is another decent option.

I wish we could swing a trade for Ahmed Rosario with one of Shuster/Ian/elder. Only 1 year of control left for Rosario, so it would take more than Rosario

BoomBoom
12-18-2022, 01:42 PM
That would be great if Ozzie can handle it. He seems to have a weak arm and long motion though.

Jose iglesias is another decent option.

I wish we could swing a trade for Ahmed Rosario with one of Shuster/Ian/elder. Only 1 year of control left for Rosario, so it would take more than Rosario

I would think he would handle it fine, he was expected to be at SS and Swanson at 2B when they were coming up. It was a surprise when they switched it, reportedly due to concerns that the occasional lazy throw from Albies was outweighing his otherwise superior range and arm compared to Dansby.

Andrelton Simmons is a FA. Only 33, but man he hit bad last year. I'm still fine with it on a one year deal. Gives time for VG in AAA, then reevaluate.

shoeless joe
12-19-2022, 12:40 PM
Braves won’t be winning the east this yr. And prolly not in the postseason. Had a chance to reel of a 2 outta 5, 3 outta 7 type run but AA or higher ups wonts allow it to happen. The way Freddie and dansby were handled sheds a negative light on the front office IMO.

It appears they are looking at money and analytics more than locker room value. Which is unfortunate because with the way snit manages the locker room aspect plays a bigger role. I’ll gladly be wrong about this but I don’t have high hopes. At least they did get one championship outta the deal.

Why lock up albies, acuna, Harris with affordable deals to then NOT turn that into dansby or Freddie long term? Not to mention losing fried after this yr.

Really Clark?
12-19-2022, 01:12 PM
Braves won?t be winning the east this yr. And prolly not in the postseason. Had a chance to reel of a 2 outta 5, 3 outta 7 type run but AA or higher ups wonts allow it to happen. The way Freddie and dansby were handled sheds a negative light on the front office IMO.

It appears they are looking at money and analytics more than locker room value. Which is unfortunate because with the way snit manages the locker room aspect plays a bigger role. I?ll gladly be wrong about this but I don?t have high hopes. At least they did get one championship outta the deal.

Why lock up albies, acuna, Harris with affordable deals to then NOT turn that into dansby or Freddie long term? Not to mention losing fried after this yr.

I don't know, I think they have done a pretty good job outside of the Ozuna deal. That's what hurt us trying to keep Freddie or Dansby. Even if that was off the books we couldn't have kept both and stayed below the luxury tax. Which means more to the Braves for the international pool that effected us for a long while.

ETA. We also locked up Riley and Olson long term.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2022, 01:20 PM
Braves won’t be winning the east this yr. And prolly not in the postseason. Had a chance to reel of a 2 outta 5, 3 outta 7 type run but AA or higher ups wonts allow it to happen. The way Freddie and dansby were handled sheds a negative light on the front office IMO.

It appears they are looking at money and analytics more than locker room value. Which is unfortunate because with the way snit manages the locker room aspect plays a bigger role. I’ll gladly be wrong about this but I don’t have high hopes. At least they did get one championship outta the deal.

Freddie and Swanson are 2 different cases. Freddie screwed Freddie by having the wrong agent - who he subsequently fired after he found out he basically withheld the Braves offer.
I say this with all due respect to Dansby - he's one of my favorites, he went to the same high school I went to and his grandmother was my kindergarten teacher - he is an imminently replaceable player statistically. It took him until age 27 before he really had what I would call an impact season. And, at 29, a 7 year contract at that $177m looks to me like a risk for a guy who's career profile looks like Ian Desmond. I also don't know that he has been a clubhouse leader. Everything I have read says that Freddie was the guy, and in his void, Travis D'Arnaud actually took some reigns last season.

AA has made some great moves and put the Braves on a sustainable winning path. He has earned my trust for now.

BoomBoom
12-19-2022, 01:40 PM
Braves won?t be winning the east this yr. And prolly not in the postseason. Had a chance to reel of a 2 outta 5, 3 outta 7 type run but AA or higher ups wonts allow it to happen. The way Freddie and dansby were handled sheds a negative light on the front office IMO.

It appears they are looking at money and analytics more than locker room value. Which is unfortunate because with the way snit manages the locker room aspect plays a bigger role. I?ll gladly be wrong about this but I don?t have high hopes. At least they did get one championship outta the deal.

Because there will be better value somewhere else. How often do top dollar FAs actually end up being worth it? It happens, but for every Bonds or Maddux, there's a dozen Jason Heywards. Extensions on young players is just plain money better spent. How many good young players will they be looking to extend over the next 7 years with the money that would have gone to an average SS?

BrunswickDawg
12-21-2022, 02:10 PM
https://twitter.com/CHGO_Cubs/status/1605627981400924160?s=20&t=sdos7hdOBeBN6NdnXVHpWw

Well, this made me about lose it. I'll give Dansby a pass for signing with the Cubs. What he describes is exactly how my granddad and I were. The Cubs and Braves were always on at my grandparents. Granddad use Shawon Dunston and Ryne Sandberg and Hubbard and Rameriz to teach me how to and when to cheat toward the bag and how to turn the DP.

msstate7
12-21-2022, 02:34 PM
I really like dansby as a player, and I like bellinger also. Maybe dansby can continue his great play, and bellinger can rebound in Chicago. I won't pull for them against by braves, but I've always sorta liked the cubs also.

Tater
12-21-2022, 02:59 PM
lol

Pinto
12-21-2022, 03:19 PM
Thanks to MLB blackouts you won?t have player stories like this anymore or regions close to a team being extremely loyal to a team since they can never watch them play. /rant

BrunswickDawg
12-21-2022, 03:37 PM
Thanks to MLB blackouts you won?t have player stories like this anymore or regions close to a team being extremely loyal to a team since they can never watch them play. /rant

Yeah. And until the regional networks and MLB can figure out a reasonable streaming package we are back in the dark ages for baseball.

Really Clark?
12-27-2022, 10:33 PM
Braves just extended newly acquired Sean Murphy for 6 years and $73 MIL escalating contract. Only $4 MIL and $9 MIL next season then $15 MIL per season the next 4

BoomBoom
12-27-2022, 10:48 PM
Braves just extended newly acquired Sean Murphy for 6 years and $73 MIL escalating contract. Only $4 MIL and $9 MIL next season then $15 MIL per season the next 4

More cost effective than a FA.

RockyDog
02-21-2023, 12:15 PM
Bump rather than start another thread.

Has there been anything on the insider boards regarding the Bally situation? I assume with the financial fallout, the prospects of MLB being on Bally+ is not going to happen.

Currently on YoutubeTV and have no plans to switch to cable, Fubo or DTV Stream. Guess I'm hopeful that the whole thing falls apart and MLB takes control of the broadcasts on MLB TV. Hopefully there is some clarity to the situation by the time the season kicks off in April.

BoomBoom
02-21-2023, 07:27 PM
Bump rather than start another thread.

Has there been anything on the insider boards regarding the Bally situation? I assume with the financial fallout, the prospects of MLB being on Bally+ is not going to happen.

Currently on YoutubeTV and have no plans to switch to cable, Fubo or DTV Stream. Guess I'm hopeful that the whole thing falls apart and MLB takes control of the broadcasts on MLB TV. Hopefully there is some clarity to the situation by the time the season kicks off in April.

The worked out a deal with someone just a week or so ago. Youtube TV I think. Expensive as hell. I'll probably be trying out MLBTV and a VPN this year.

RockyDog
02-21-2023, 08:26 PM
The worked out a deal with someone just a week or so ago. Youtube TV I think. Expensive as hell. I'll probably be trying out MLBTV and a VPN this year.

It was fubo and their base price immediately increased about $15 per month. I would have paid $20 per month for Bally plus but since they are flirting with bankruptcy I doubt they will secure any MLB rights for that platform at this point.

msstate7
02-24-2023, 08:04 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/L8pz3pDW/96-CD3452-7769-43-E8-8508-ADD4-CF6525-ED.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hf2zKNH8)

Commercecomet24
02-24-2023, 08:41 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/L8pz3pDW/96-CD3452-7769-43-E8-8508-ADD4-CF6525-ED.jpg (https://postimg.cc/hf2zKNH8)

I'm ready!

shoeless joe
02-24-2023, 10:02 PM
Am i still gonna be able to watch the games using my buddies directv stream account to login to the bally sports app? Hypothetically of course…

msstate7
03-20-2023, 05:03 PM
Shewmake and Grissom to AAA. Arcia will be the starting ss

Commercecomet24
03-20-2023, 05:26 PM
Shewmake and Grissom to AAA. Arcia will be the starting ss

I don't like this move.

Big drop off from dansby to arcia. I really thought they would roll with Grissom. I like the way the kid plays

msstate7
03-20-2023, 05:54 PM
I don't like this move.

Big drop off from dansby to arcia. I really thought they would roll with Grissom. I like the way the kid plays

Just eye test on Grissom, he has no range. Really like his bat though

Commercecomet24
03-20-2023, 06:05 PM
Just eye test on Grissom, he has no range. Really like his bat though

Maybe right but he looked like he covered ground pretty good at 2B last year. Thought he was the future at ss for sure, but yeah gotta have range to play the position

RockyDog
03-20-2023, 07:25 PM
If spring training Ozuna can show up in the regular season they can afford a weaker bat at SS. What the Braves can not afford to happen is Ozuna/Rosario/other LF platoon and SS all stinking it up.

I know that they want Darnaud and Murphy to get DH at bats as well but they do need some days off. DH used to be a 30hr 100rbi position. They can?t have another season of no production at LF or DH

BoomBoom
03-20-2023, 08:13 PM

Bump. Not so much as Ozzie at SS, doubt they do that now without having played him there in ST, but that I expect a trade. Arcia is barely a half decent backup.

RockyDog
03-23-2023, 03:40 PM
You always hate to see injuries, but this spring has been crazy for the NL East. Are the Braves getting a division gift before the season even starts? First Diaz for the Mets and now it looks like it could be bad for Hoskins in Philly after already not having Harper for the first half.

Granted Trea Turner and Schwarber killed the ball in the WBC but both of them can't carry the Phils by themselves.

Please please let Olson, Riley, and Ozuna's hot starts carry into the regular season!!!

Acid mouth
03-23-2023, 10:39 PM
Predicting the Angels to play a split squad during the regular season. Now that's a hot take!

RockyDog
03-24-2023, 10:57 AM
What do the Angels have to do with the Braves?

BuckyIsAB****
03-24-2023, 05:25 PM
We need to trade for a SS or LF. Your window only stays open for so long

RockyDog
03-24-2023, 07:12 PM

Other than Bryan Reynolds I don?t think there is an OF out there that?s not just a scrub like the Braves have already trotted out there already. Don?t think there is enough on the farm left to even pull somebody like Reynolds.

They could still try and grab Grisham and Kim from the Padres. But again, probably not enough trade capitol for them either.

BoomBoom
03-24-2023, 09:25 PM

LF will be fine. Lots of options there.

I expect AA has his eye on a couple decent quality SSs that will get DFAd in the next week.

msstate7
03-24-2023, 09:32 PM
LF will be fine. Lots of options there.

I expect AA has his eye on a couple decent quality SSs that will get DFAd in the next week.

Following the roster cuts myself

msstate7
03-26-2023, 06:16 PM
My prediction for year...
Braves win 100+
Braves win east, again
Braves win WS

I love this team

BoomBoom
03-30-2023, 10:16 AM
Opening Day!

Braves sign Arcia to extension. Ok, I don't know wtf the Braves are doing now.

BuckyIsAB****
03-30-2023, 11:15 AM
Grissom must have done something really stupid off the field.

BoomBoom
03-30-2023, 11:25 AM

Nah, he got called up last year way early due to injuries. He needs more development time. I just don't get the love for Arcia.

Commercecomet24
03-30-2023, 11:27 AM

Nah needs more reps at ss. He's fine and has a bright future!

Commercecomet24
03-30-2023, 11:28 AM
Braves win 100+
Braves win east, again
Braves win WS

I love this team

Yes! Let's Go! It's Christmas Day!

msstate7
03-30-2023, 11:38 AM

This extension for Arcia is peanuts. It won't prevent the braves from upgrading SS if needed

Commercecomet24
03-30-2023, 11:47 AM
This extension for Arcia is peanuts. It won't prevent the braves from upgrading SS if needed

This.

SilentSteel16
03-30-2023, 12:00 PM
Braves win 100+
Braves win east, again
Braves win WS

I love this team

My Astros are introducing themselves …..

SilentSteel16
03-30-2023, 12:04 PM
Bregman wins MVP and Valdez Cy Young

Hunter Brown is top 5 rookie of year

Astros win west…… again and AL best record.

Beats the Braves in 5

SilentSteel16
03-30-2023, 12:05 PM
Phillies have a losing record at home……. Ooops

BoomBoom
03-30-2023, 12:16 PM

Yeah, I agree. Taking a quick look at his stats, he is (barely) above replacement level, so he's worth a couple Mil a season. Plus, there's some chance for a breakout. He hit an OPS of 800 in Biloxi as a 20 year old, he's 28 now I think.

Maybe they were talking extension (with the Braves intent as the backup), and he expressed a desire to have a chance to prove himself before being relegated to the bench for the rest of his career. The Braves looked at how their 2 young SSs need some development time, so struck a deal.

On a side note, Christian Pache got traded to the Phillies. He never learned to hit in Oakland. Will platoon in limited CF duty. Much harder to learn to hit in MLB than at the lower levels, some guys do not benefit from being promoted before they are ready in all aspects.

parabrave
03-30-2023, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I agree. Taking a quick look at his stats, he is (barely) above replacement level, so he's worth a couple Mil a season. Plus, there's some chance for a breakout. He hit an OPS of 800 in Biloxi as a 20 year old, he's 28 now I think.

Maybe they were talking extension (with the Braves intent as the backup), and he expressed a desire to have a chance to prove himself before being relegated to the bench for the rest of his career. The Braves looked at how their 2 young SSs need some development time, so struck a deal.

On a side note, Christian Pache got traded to the Phillies. He never learned to hit in Oakland. Will platoon in limited CF duty. Much harder to learn to hit in MLB than at the lower levels, some guys do not benefit from being promoted before they are ready in all aspects.

This is what happens when you think you know more than your coaches.

Tater
03-30-2023, 12:57 PM
Verlander hurt already. Mets season has begun

Commercecomet24
03-30-2023, 12:59 PM
Verlander hurt already. Mets season has begun

Dude you're to good a poster to be a Mets fan lol!

KB21
03-30-2023, 01:14 PM
I don?t think SS will be Grissom?s long term position. I don?t trust his defense there. I?ve felt putting him in LF was the long term move to make.

I?m not convinced Shewmake will hit enough to play everyday.

Curious to see Ambioris Tavares this season in the minors.

Tater
03-30-2023, 01:25 PM
Dude you're to good a poster to be a Mets fan lol!

God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers.

RockyDog
03-30-2023, 01:25 PM
Can't watch on the road because once again, the dumb Bally's app doesn't recognize Bally Sport Southeast as being a channel in the xfinity lineup.

Braves are apparently leaving a ton on base, but they seem to be putting the ball in play instead of striking out which could be a big improvement.

Commercecomet24
03-30-2023, 01:58 PM
God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers.

Excellent! I guess that's why we're all State fans too!

Commercecomet24
03-30-2023, 01:59 PM
Can't watch on the road because once again, the dumb Bally's app doesn't recognize Bally Sport Southeast as being a channel in the xfinity lineup.

Braves are apparently leaving a ton on base, but they seem to be putting the ball in play instead of striking out which could be a big improvement.

I'm in same boat! Stupid Bally! I've got xm so at least I get to listen

KB21
03-30-2023, 02:20 PM
I use Direct TV stream

RockyDog
03-30-2023, 03:17 PM
I'm in same boat! Stupid Bally! I've got xm so at least I get to listen

i sent in complaints at least 3 or 4 times last season in the app. never got a response. New season, same ol shit.

Commercecomet24
03-30-2023, 03:29 PM
i sent in complaints at least 3 or 4 times last season in the app. never got a response. New season, same ol shit.

Yep I've sent complaints and called. No luck

RockyDog
04-04-2023, 07:27 PM
As I sit here and watch the Braves kick the crap out of the Cards thanks to a game on can finally watch on the dumb Bally app, I realize how much I like the new rules.

The game is zipping by because the pitcher throws and the hitter swings the bat. No more of this stepping out and adjusting gloves for 10 seconds after every pitch.

Watching that crap in the past was excruciating. Now, we?ve finally gone back to basics and watching a game can be FUN again.

msstate7
04-05-2023, 06:35 AM
Half butt it running the bases against the braves if you want to... this team will make you pay.

parabrave
04-05-2023, 07:20 AM
Half butt it running the bases against the braves if you want to... this team will make you pay.

Yep being indecisive rounding 3rd on a short fly is a major mistake. Also Acuna made a great throw. And Riley made a great play in the 9th. I'm paying out of the nose for cable but I still get Bally on the big screen.

RockyDog
04-05-2023, 08:58 AM
The Braves have an embarrassment of riches up and down the lineup right now. TDA is killing the ball. Just think if they can get ANYTHING out of the SS and LF positions. Best lineup in the NL by far.

With that being said, Arcia is not THAT bad. We are a long ways removed from the weak bats of Mark Lemke, Jeff Blauser, and Rafael Belliard manning the middle of the diamond.

Really Clark?
04-05-2023, 09:18 AM
The Braves have an embarrassment of riches up and down the lineup right now. TDA is killing the ball. Just think if they can get ANYTHING out of the SS and LF positions. Best lineup in the NL by far.

With that being said, Arcia is not THAT bad. We are a long ways removed from the weak bats of Mark Lemke, Jeff Blauser, and Rafael Belliard manning the middle of the diamond.

Blauser wasn't a weak bat. He missed about half of the seasons his 3 years after his all star appearance that hurt him during his 27-30 year old prime stretch. Then made all star his last season in Atlanta hitting over .300 again. Even with all of that missed time and working through all that he hit .262 as a Brave and Ozzie is at .271 for his career so far. Ozzie has more consistent pop for sure but Blauser had more in him just didn't work out for those prime years.

msstate7
04-05-2023, 09:28 AM
FWIW, Grissom sorting 1.063 ops at Gwinnett. Shewmake is struggling. It's still very early

Commercecomet24
04-05-2023, 10:13 AM
Braves look strong so far. The lineup is stout and arcia is doing better than I expected. If he can just hit .250 or so his defense is worth it. Get Fried and Wright back and you've got those 2 to go with strider, Morton and Dodd and stout bullpen that will get even better when iglesias get back and you've got the makings of a championship team. It is still way early though but I like what I see.

smootness
04-05-2023, 10:33 AM
Braves look strong so far. The lineup is stout and arcia is doing better than I expected. If he can just hit .250 or so his defense is worth it. Get Fried and Wright back and you've got those 2 to go with strider, Morton and Dodd and stout bullpen that will get even better when iglesias get back and you've got the makings of a championship team. It is still way early though but I like what I see.

Arcia's defense is about average. It was strong early in his career but isn't any longer. But, he's not really a problem there, and if he hits .250 with some pop, as an MLB SS right now, that's actually decent offense and provides value with the bat. If he can give us about what he did last year over a full season, he's easily worth his contract and provides a serviceable SS.

RockyDog
04-05-2023, 10:37 AM
Blauser wasn't a weak bat. He missed about half of the seasons his 3 years after his all star appearance that hurt him during his 27-30 year old prime stretch. Then made all star his last season in Atlanta hitting over .300 again. Even with all of that missed time and working through all that he hit .262 as a Brave and Ozzie is at .271 for his career so far. Ozzie has more consistent pop for sure but Blauser had more in him just didn't work out for those prime years.

You are right, he did have a couple of pretty good seasons. I guess my point was traditionally in the early to mid 90s, SS was a position with very little offensive production in MLB with few exceptions like Cal Ripken and Barry Larkin. The offensive numbers really exploded when guys like Nomar, Jeter, and A-Rod came into the league.

KOdawg1
04-05-2023, 12:27 PM
I love how the Braves are starting fast in most of their games. Immediately puts pressure on the other team, and with the bullpen Atlanta has, they'll win most of those games.

RockyDog
04-05-2023, 02:14 PM
Obviously the hot spring was an aberration. Ozuna is more terrible than ever. It?s about time for the Braves to eat that contract.

Still not sure what we are gonna get from Rosario. But you can?t have zero offense from Ozuna.

Murphy or TDA can cover the DH spot 4-5 days a week. Gotta figure out LF and say adios to Ozuna NOW.

msstate7
04-05-2023, 02:44 PM
Obviously the hot spring was an aberration. Ozuna is more terrible than ever. It?s about time for the Braves to eat that contract.

Still not sure what we are gonna get from Rosario. But you can?t have zero offense from Ozuna.

Murphy or TDA can cover the DH spot 4-5 days a week. Gotta figure out LF and say adios to Ozuna NOW.

Probably. His bb rate is back in line with 2019 and 2020 though, so I wouldn't cut him just yet.

BuckyIsAB****
04-05-2023, 05:02 PM
I have traded Ozuna 2 years in a row on The Show so it can be done. Just saying

RockyDog
04-06-2023, 08:44 AM
I have traded Ozuna 2 years in a row on The Show so it can be done. Just saying

Nobody is going to take on Ozuna's contract so the choices would be to either dump him and eat the money or take on someone else's trash. The Gnats wouldn't even move Corbin for Ozuna last year so I don't think he's worth a thing at this point.

Commercecomet24
04-06-2023, 08:51 AM
Arcia's defense is about average. It was strong early in his career but isn't any longer. But, he's not really a problem there, and if he hits .250 with some pop, as an MLB SS right now, that's actually decent offense and provides value with the bat. If he can give us about what he did last year over a full season, he's easily worth his contract and provides a serviceable SS.

While I agree he's not Dansby defensively, he's been pretty slick so far and made some fine plays. I agree with you if he keeps playing like he's been playing he's definitely worth the money and gives us decent ss.

KB21
04-06-2023, 09:00 AM

I agree. I think long term, Vaughn Grissom needs to become an outfielder and play in LF.

msstate7
04-06-2023, 09:06 AM
I agree. I think long term, Vaughn Grissom needs to become an outfielder and play in LF.

Grissom is most valuable as an IF. His exit velocity is below MLB avg, so not sure he has the stroke for an everyday LF. I think the braves should try to make him a Chris Taylor clone... play him all over the diamond.

ETA... of course with his supporting team, a light hitter in LF is probably ok. Until we're sure he can't be an everyday SS though, I would keep him there. I have my doubts though

RockyDog
04-06-2023, 10:45 AM
Grissom is most valuable as an IF. His exit velocity is below MLB avg, so not sure he has the stroke for an everyday LF. I think the braves should try to make him a Chris Taylor clone... play him all over the diamond.

ETA... of course with his supporting team, a light hitter in LF is probably ok. Until we're sure he can't be an everyday SS though, I would keep him there. I have my doubts though

Yea, he could be ok for this season, but AA is going to have to figure out the position much better than he has the last few years. He got enamored by Ozuna's hot bat in a short season, and then with Eddie's flash in the pan postseason.

The Braves would be fine with a LFer performing at league below average. Unfortunately, the last season+ they are getting league worst. Joc or Duvall can't hit their weight average-wise but both can put up 20-30 HR and 70-100 RBI. AA definitely has missed on this position the past couple of years. Lucky for him, Michael Harris took a LOT of pressure off and saved the Braves from having 2 terrible OF positions.

parabrave
04-06-2023, 11:26 AM
It's a good sign when you look like the BNBs and throw out a guy at home. If you missed it Riley missed a pop fly and Rosario pick it up and throw out Goldsmitt at home.

https://youtu.be/hs57NFwed7E?t=279

parabrave
04-06-2023, 10:39 PM
Umm how about Arcia now!!!

Commercecomet24
04-06-2023, 11:27 PM
Umm how about Arcia now!!!

Kids playing well!

RockyDog
04-07-2023, 08:30 AM
Sickening to see Duvall atop the leaderboard in most offensive categories in the AL right now. No doubt he will cool off but he?s only costing the Red Sox $7mill.

Braves currently have around $29.5 mill tied up in LF with Ozuna/Rosario/Pillar and aren?t getting even 20% of his production.

Bryan Reynolds also leading the NL in homers. He?s a pipe dream though I?m sure.

msstate7
04-07-2023, 09:55 AM
Sickening to see Duvall atop the leaderboard in most offensive categories in the AL right now. No doubt he will cool off but he?s only costing the Red Sox $7mill.

Braves currently have around $29.5 mill tied up in LF with Ozuna/Rosario/Pillar and aren?t getting even 20% of his production.

Bryan Reynolds also leading the NL in homers. He?s a pipe dream though I?m sure.

Reynolds close to extension with pirates.

BrunswickDawg
04-07-2023, 10:33 AM
While I agree he's not Dansby defensively, he's been pretty slick so far and made some fine plays. I agree with you if he keeps playing like he's been playing he's definitely worth the money and gives us decent ss.

Dansby was my guy (he is now dead to me), and to see how he worked to improve his defense from a borderline liability in 2016-17 to a Gold Glove season last year was damned impressive.
Arcia is perfectly fine. It would be nice if he hit more like he did in '17. He has started out pretty good so far.

RockyDog
04-07-2023, 06:33 PM
Shushter is not ready for the big time. He needs at least another half season in the minors.

At this point you gotta roll with Elder and see if Soroka can make his way back.

smootness
04-07-2023, 07:57 PM

We also had Duvall last year and he didn?t give us 20% of the production.

RockyDog
04-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Mets and Phillies are still in worse shape, but the injuries and ineffective bats are starting to have an effect. Hilliard and Pillar are doing all they can but with Harris out, the bottom of the lineup is awful.

Ozuna and Rosario aren?t hitting the weight of a toddler, and Arica?s bat is starting to disappear. It may be getting close to Grissom time and let Shewmake have all the at bats and time at SS in Gwinnett.

parabrave
04-09-2023, 11:44 AM
Mets and Phillies are still in worse shape, but the injuries and ineffective bats are starting to have an effect. Hilliard and Pillar are doing all they can but with Harris out, the bottom of the lineup is awful.

Ozuna and Rosario aren?t hitting the weight of a toddler, and Arica?s bat is starting to disappear. It may be getting close to Grissom time and let Shewmake have all the at bats and time at SS in Gwinnett.

Shewmake is in Gwinnett for a reason; he isn't at all ready. He wasn't ready to leave Pearl when they sent him up.

RockyDog
04-09-2023, 12:28 PM
Shewmake is in Gwinnett for a reason; he isn't at all ready. He wasn't ready to leave Pearl when they sent him up.

I agree. That?s why I said let him have all the at bats and PT at SS for the season in AAA and let him mature.

Braves are in a position now that they pretty much have to bring Grissom back for his bat because Eddie and Marcel absolutely stink.

BoomBoom
04-10-2023, 09:05 AM
I agree. That?s why I said let him have all the at bats and PT at SS for the season in AAA and let him mature.

Braves are in a position now that they pretty much have to bring Grissom back for his bat because Eddie and Marcel absolutely stink.

I think it's always been the plan to give Ozuna, and to a lesser extent Rosario, the month of April or so to see if they have enough left to be worth not cutting bait. It's only April 10th.

msstate7
04-10-2023, 09:12 AM
Ozzie...
.335 xwoba, .248 wOBA; .219 babip

Rosario...
.382 xwoba, .211 wOBA; .267 babip

Ozuna...
.343 xwoba, .245 wOBA ; .000 babip

Perhaps these 3 will have a good week

smootness
04-10-2023, 12:36 PM
Ozzie needs to quit batting LH and just go to RH permanently.

msstate7
04-10-2023, 01:10 PM

Be nice, but it just isn't gonna happen

shoeless joe
04-10-2023, 09:30 PM

The book is out on albies. If he’s up in a big spot just go ahead and mark it down…K, pop up, roller to the mound…and prolly on the first pitch that he chases. I know he’s on a very team friendly contract but he plays the game selfishly. Why he won’t lay a bunt down and walk to first is beyond me. He stunk before his injury last yr and it has continued. Time to realize it. If u wanna keep him cuz he’s solid on D that’s fine. Gotta upgrade in left and quit batting him above 7th.

RockyDog
04-11-2023, 12:34 AM
The book is out on albies. If he’s up in a big spot just go ahead and mark it down…K, pop up, roller to the mound…and prolly on the first pitch that he chases. I know he’s on a very team friendly contract but he plays the game selfishly. Why he won’t lay a bunt down and walk to first is beyond me. He stunk before his injury last yr and it has continued. Time to realize it. If u wanna keep him cuz he’s solid on D that’s fine. Gotta upgrade in left and quit batting him above 7th.

It?s hard to believe how bad the farm is right now. After Shewmake and Grissom, the AAA lineup is garbage.

Braves had a wealth of pitching for several years and held on to too many of them who became worthless on the market. Now you?ve got Ozuna and Rosario stinking it up and nothing in the org to replace them.

Time to get creative. Dump Ian Anderson before he?s lost all his value. Gotta package him with someone and get some help.

BoomBoom
04-11-2023, 10:54 AM
It?s hard to believe how bad the farm is right now. After Shewmake and Grissom, the AAA lineup is garbage.

Braves had a wealth of pitching for several years and held on to too many of them who became worthless on the market. Now you?ve got Ozuna and Rosario stinking it up and nothing in the org to replace them.

Time to get creative. Dump Ian Anderson before he?s lost all his value. Gotta package him with someone and get some help.

Not just ponying up a couple million more per year for Dansby is really hurting right now. Normally they would just swing a trade to fill these holes, but as you said the farm is dead empty. Inexcusable.

StarkVegasSteve
04-11-2023, 11:09 AM

Literally was reading this quote and got an alert that we're shutting down Anderson for the season and he's going to have Tommy John surgery. I would guess his value is probably a sunk cost now.

BoomBoom
04-11-2023, 12:23 PM
Literally was reading this quote and got an alert that we're shutting down Anderson for the season and he's going to have Tommy John surgery. I would guess his value is probably a sunk cost now.

It already was. He only has 2 pitches, and it's really hard to be a MLB SP with just 2 pitches, and his weren't good enough. He'll have to develop a 3rd, which he was working on in ST but will take time.

He'll be out 2 seasons, and without looking I'd guess that would use up any options he has left. His odds of ever wearing a Braves uniform again are damn low.

KOdawg1
04-11-2023, 12:49 PM
Soroka seems to be progressing nicely.

4 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 5 K. 69 pitches today in AAA.

He could be a big help in the later half of the season

Really Clark?
04-11-2023, 02:41 PM
It already was. He only has 2 pitches, and it's really hard to be a MLB SP with just 2 pitches, and his weren't good enough. He'll have to develop a 3rd, which he was working on in ST but will take time.

He'll be out 2 seasons, and without looking I'd guess that would use up any options he has left. His odds of ever wearing a Braves uniform again are damn low.

You must be thinking of someone else. He has 3 pitches FB, Change and Curve and for his first 30 starts in 2020-2021 they were more than good enough. Middle to top rotation guy. Not to mention he was lights out in the playoffs with a career 1.26 ERA in the postseason. Then last year something happened to him and now it seems with the injury that it might have been a contributor to him breaking down.

RockyDog
04-11-2023, 03:25 PM
Not just ponying up a couple million more per year for Dansby is really hurting right now. Normally they would just swing a trade to fill these holes, but as you said the farm is dead empty. Inexcusable.

Nah. $175 mill for Swanson would have been ridiculous. SS is a position you can get by with less offense. You can?t afford to have worthless bats in LF and DH.

RockyDog
04-11-2023, 03:28 PM

Yikes.

Holding on to Anderson, Touissant, and Ynoa til they all ran themselves into the ground was a pretty big set of misses on AA?s part.

StarkVegasSteve
04-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Yikes.

Holding on to Anderson, Touissant, and Ynoa til they all ran themselves into the ground was a pretty big set of misses on AA?s part.

Agreed. Those are far and away the biggest mistakes he's made as a GM.

smootness
04-11-2023, 07:43 PM
Yikes.

You always knew some wouldn?t hit, but the reason you hold onto them all is because some will and you can?t predict which will and won?t. So those guys bombed but Fried, Strider, and Wright are awesome. And if Soroka can get healthy, there?s another one.

AA has done a great job.

shoeless joe
04-12-2023, 11:03 AM
You always knew some wouldn?t hit, but the reason you hold onto them all is because some will and you can?t predict which will and won?t. So those guys bombed but Fried, Strider, and Wright are awesome. And if Soroka can get healthy, there?s another one.

AA has done a great job.

I am pro AA…but let’s see the long term effects of these contracts and see what happens with fried before I’ll label him great. All the talk about saving money in the long haul with these early “cheap” contracts doesn’t really do any good if you end up letting every established player walk with no return. The farm system is a joke at this point. I am grateful for the title and hopefully they can add one more during this run, and if they do it’ll be worth it.

RockyDog
04-12-2023, 11:58 AM
I am pro AA…but let’s see the long term effects of these contracts and see what happens with fried before I’ll label him great. All the talk about saving money in the long haul with these early “cheap” contracts doesn’t really do any good if you end up letting every established player walk with no return. The farm system is a joke at this point. I am grateful for the title and hopefully they can add one more during this run, and if they do it’ll be worth it.

Agree. You have nearly 2/3 of the lineup locked up for 7-8 years and Strider. They most likely will not pay Fried's asking price and Morton is about done. So there are a lot of questions with depth, LF, and a couple of spots withe the rotation. That's why all of those pitching misses hurt, the Braves had a LOT of holes in the pitching rotation and weren't willing to spend $ there outside of 1 year contracts. They got fill in success from those guys I mentioned but nothing sustained, and when they held on to them too long, their values diminished.

They need to get another title in the next couple of years and it'll be a good run. I'm glad the Braves payroll is expanding, but it's only going to get worse for them. Fried's gonna be gone. SOMEBODY is going to pay 5-600 mill for Ohtani, whether that's the Mets or Dodgers. Phillies are going to continue to spend stupid money. It's going to be hard to keep up with those guys if the Braves can't replenish the minor league talent and build up some trade capital.

BuckyIsAB****
04-12-2023, 10:34 PM
We are going to need to trade for an arm or a legit LF/SS to win another ring

RockyDog
04-13-2023, 09:26 AM

And AA will have to swing a little higher than he has in the past. A Tommy Milone or Jake Odorizzi type player isn't going to cut it especially if they are having to fill a spot for a hurt or underperforming Strider, Wright, or Morton.

msstate7
04-13-2023, 09:32 AM
I'm confused on why we need a starter...

Fried
Strider
Wright
Morton
Elder/soroka/Dodd/Shuster

Commercecomet24
04-13-2023, 10:02 AM
I'm confused on why we need a starter...

Fried
Strider
Wright
Morton
Elder/soroka/Dodd/Shuster

We don't need another one. We're good there. Need iglesias back and position players to quit getting hurt lol

Commercecomet24
04-13-2023, 10:03 AM

Naw we got plenty of arms, one of the top staffs in mlb and arcia is doing a very good job. Lf is kinda of mess but Rosario is starting to pick it up, ozuna that's another story.

smootness
04-13-2023, 11:34 AM
Agree. You have nearly 2/3 of the lineup locked up for 7-8 years and Strider. They most likely will not pay Fried's asking price and Morton is about done. So there are a lot of questions with depth, LF, and a couple of spots withe the rotation. That's why all of those pitching misses hurt, the Braves had a LOT of holes in the pitching rotation and weren't willing to spend $ there outside of 1 year contracts. They got fill in success from those guys I mentioned but nothing sustained, and when they held on to them too long, their values diminished.

They need to get another title in the next couple of years and it'll be a good run. I'm glad the Braves payroll is expanding, but it's only going to get worse for them. Fried's gonna be gone. SOMEBODY is going to pay 5-600 mill for Ohtani, whether that's the Mets or Dodgers. Phillies are going to continue to spend stupid money. It's going to be hard to keep up with those guys if the Braves can't replenish the minor league talent and build up some trade capital.

It's always easy in hindsight to say, 'We should have kept ___ and gotten value out of ___ while we could have.' The problem is, you never really know who those guys are beforehand. That's why AA kept most of them, because the odds of some of them hitting are high when you have that many. And you know some won't, and that's ok if several do. And we've had several hit in a big way. If Soroka comes back healthy this year, we suddenly have an embarrassment of riches in the rotation. Look around baseball, nobody has 'enough' pitching.

And the reason our farm system is so weak right now is because a) we have graduated a bunch of really good players in the last few years, and b) we have drafted low and had serious international restrictions. Those international restrictions have now been lifted, so we should be able to once again pull actual talent from that market, and we need some time to re-stock. It's in no way a failure of AA that our farm system is weak right now. It's actually a product of us doing such a great job of actually graduating our talent into legit MLB players. And because we have so much young talent locked up long-term, it buys us the time to restock and rebuild our farm system.

Obviously it remains to be seen what happens with player health and how the farm system gets built back up, but AA so far has provided just about a masterclass on how to do it.

smootness
04-13-2023, 11:35 AM

Not true at all. All we really need is decent health. If we added an arm or a legit LF/SS, we would become the unquestioned favorites.

shoeless joe
04-13-2023, 12:04 PM
It's always easy in hindsight to say, 'We should have kept ___ and gotten value out of ___ while we could have.' The problem is, you never really know who those guys are beforehand. That's why AA kept most of them, because the odds of some of them hitting are high when you have that many. And you know some won't, and that's ok if several do. And we've had several hit in a big way. If Soroka comes back healthy this year, we suddenly have an embarrassment of riches in the rotation. Look around baseball, nobody has 'enough' pitching.

And the reason our farm system is so weak right now is because a) we have graduated a bunch of really good players in the last few years, and b) we have drafted low and had serious international restrictions. Those international restrictions have now been lifted, so we should be able to once again pull actual talent from that market, and we need some time to re-stock. It's in no way a failure of AA that our farm system is weak right now. It's actually a product of us doing such a great job of actually graduating our talent into legit MLB players. And because we have so much young talent locked up long-term, it buys us the time to restock and rebuild our farm system.

Obviously it remains to be seen what happens with player health and how the farm system gets built back up, but AA so far has provided just about a masterclass on how to do it.

If every single free agent walks with nothing in return then it is on AA. And that is one reason the farm is in the shape it’s in. Other teams are bringing up youngsters, signing stars, and maintaining a solid or even great farm system. To act like it can’t be done is just an excuse.

And I’m not advocating for trading upcoming free agents. But at this point some of them need to be signed. Fried should be locked up before next season.

Really Clark?
04-13-2023, 12:33 PM
If every single free agent walks with nothing in return then it is on AA. And that is one reason the farm is in the shape it’s in. Other teams are bringing up youngsters, signing stars, and maintaining a solid or even great farm system. To act like it can’t be done is just an excuse.

And I’m not advocating for trading upcoming free agents. But at this point some of them need to be signed. Fried should be locked up before next season.

Hard to lock up Fried when he is wanting to go to free agency

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2023, 01:31 PM

The farm is also in the shape it's in because we missed a little on guys like Pache and Waters and guys like Strider and Harris have developed faster than anticipated.

msstate7
04-13-2023, 01:54 PM
The braves' farm sucked last year too... well, until it brought up Harris, strider, Grissom, and even elder (huge down the stretch last year). Is any farm producing the mlb talent of the braves?

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2023, 02:04 PM
The braves' farm sucked last year too... well, until it brought up Harris, strider, Grissom, and even elder (huge down the stretch last year). Is any farm producing the mlb talent of the braves?

The difference with the last probably 8 years is from 2015-2021 and now the Braves had the best farm system is baseball during that stretch. It was all home grown and now they're all in the majors. Acuna, Albies, Swanson, Riley, Fried, Strider, Harris, Elder, Soroka. No team since the early 90s Braves have hit like that. We all had hoped that the next crop of that would be Strider, Harris, Grissom, Shewmake, Waters, and Pache but two got called up early and two others got traded or didn't pan out. The stockpile will have to start again VERY soon, but I trust AA to get it done. He's done it twice before.

msstate7
04-13-2023, 02:10 PM
Pache and langeliers netted us Olson, so they were beneficial.

Waters netted us JR Richie, so who knows if drew was beneficial.

Grissom looks like he can be an mlb hitter, but not sure he has a position with the braves. He could be used a trade piece imo.

Contreras helped land us Murphy, so that and last year makes him beneficial.

Shewmake looks like a bust

parabrave
04-13-2023, 02:15 PM
Pache was a bust. He was sent up to AAA just to get him out and away from the other players/ I thought Drew Waters was going places. Shewmake needed another year at AA. When he went up people were surprised

msstate7
04-13-2023, 02:18 PM
Pache was a bust. He was sent up to AAA just to get him out and away from the other players/ I thought Drew Waters was going places. Shewmake needed another year at AA. When he went up people were surprised

Pache helped us get Olson; so while pache was a bust for A's, I don't count him as a bust for braves. He brought value to the braves with Olson. Langeliers looks bad also for A's, who was in that trade.

BuckyIsAB****
04-13-2023, 05:01 PM
Not true at all. All we really need is decent health. If we added an arm or a legit LF/SS, we would become the unquestioned favorites.

We could use another legit starter. We have 3 established and 1 of them is hurt. LF speaks for itself

RockyDog
04-13-2023, 05:50 PM
Arcia is out for a while so Grissom should be called back up. Time to see if he is going to be a SS or help out in LF and DH short term.

He is definitely not a trade piece at this time with all of the sudden injuries. And unfortunately a lot of the mock trade scenarios that were thrown around during spring training and before had him paired up with Ian Anderson. So you can throw that out the window now. But to move forward on any kind of trade in the future it?s gonna have to include either Grissom or Shewmake. They are the highest values left of the position players.

shoeless joe
04-14-2023, 10:08 AM
Hard to lock up Fried when he is wanting to go to free agency

You may be correct but the last I saw during spring training was that he was ready and willing to talk extension with Braves.

Just went back and looked at that article. Fried said “if that’s something that comes to the table we’ll talk about it.” So not as promising as I’d remembered. And that’s where AA has to be able to make a measured decision. If there’s no shot to re sign him he could get an absolute haul in return after this season. Obviously would be made easier if everyone else in rotation steps up. We’ll see. But letting every established veteran all star walk while maintaining a week farm doesn’t seem like a recipe for success.

smootness
04-14-2023, 11:19 AM
We could use another legit starter. We have 3 established and 1 of them is hurt. LF speaks for itself

And my point is that even with those apparent issues (and I disagree that we have 3 legit starters. We have 2 aces, 1 very good starter, 1 very good starter coming back from injury, 1 veteran who is definitely a legit starter, and a bunch of young guys with ability), we're still a WS favorite. If that's how you're defining legit starters, then no team has 4-5 of them.

smootness
04-14-2023, 11:22 AM

That's one of the consequences of having a contender. You don't want to trade Freeman and Dansby while you're in the middle of a WS run. If that's what you're advocating, then yikes.

As for other teams, please give me the other teams who have called up and signed as much talent as the Braves have over the last 4-5 years, not even adding in the supposed solid/great farm system these teams are still fielding. The Dodgers may be the only team capable of fielding a true contender and possessing a top farm system year after year because they're the only team with unlimited money to play with. And even they have struggled to keep graduating talent from their farm system, which is why they're a little down this year.

If you added Strider and Harris to our system, we'd be at worst middle of the pack with two studs, and everybody would feel good about our farm system. It's actually because we have graduated talent successfully that our farm system is now down. That, and the restrictions on our international signings. We have had lower draft picks, basically no international signings, and we've been graduating our talent all while trying to keep our major league talent and build a contender. That is always a recipe for a down farm system. Where we need to start growing it back is by hitting on some draft picks (we'll see how last year pans out, I liked those picks) and being as aggressive as we can be internationally now that our restrictions are gone. But getting back to a top-5 system will be very, very hard during this window over the next 5-6 years.

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 12:52 PM

You mean like the Padres,Mariners, Rays, Orioles,Dodgers,or the White Sox. You take those 6 teams out and yes Braves are easily top 10

shoeless joe
04-14-2023, 12:54 PM
That's one of the consequences of having a contender. You don't want to trade Freeman and Dansby while you're in the middle of a WS run. If that's what you're advocating, then yikes.

As for other teams, please give me the other teams who have called up and signed as much talent as the Braves have over the last 4-5 years, not even adding in the supposed solid/great farm system these teams are still fielding. The Dodgers may be the only team capable of fielding a true contender and possessing a top farm system year after year because they're the only team with unlimited money to play with. And even they have struggled to keep graduating talent from their farm system, which is why they're a little down this year.

If you added Strider and Harris to our system, we'd be at worst middle of the pack with two studs, and everybody would feel good about our farm system. It's actually because we have graduated talent successfully that our farm system is now down. That, and the restrictions on our international signings. We have had lower draft picks, basically no international signings, and we've been graduating our talent all while trying to keep our major league talent and build a contender. That is always a recipe for a down farm system. Where we need to start growing it back is by hitting on some draft picks (we'll see how last year pans out, I liked those picks) and being as aggressive as we can be internationally now that our restrictions are gone. But getting back to a top-5 system will be very, very hard during this window over the next 5-6 years.

Not advocating for trading studds instead of going after the latest WS title.

To your other question about maintaining a farm and still competing at a championship level…obviously the dodgers are the cream of the crop right now. You’ve also got the rays, cardinals, Mets, Yankees, and brewers that are all legit WS contenders that also have a farm system ranked in the top half of the league.

It’s doable. Again, win another title during this run and I won’t care what the farm looks like and they can go thru a 10 yr rebuild that no one will question. However, it is absolutely ridiculous to think that competing, maintaining a top half farm system, AND not letting every veteran all star walk is some pipe dream that can’t be done.

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 12:56 PM
If you are talking pitching depth and talent there is a HUGE drop off after Padres, Tigers and Rays, what those 3 teams have done over the past 5 years has been unreal. I am a big time Astros fan but pitching development of those 3 orgs have been phenomenal.

msstate7
04-14-2023, 12:58 PM
You mean like the Padres,Mariners, Rays, Orioles,Dodgers,or the White Sox. You take those 6 teams out and yes Braves are easily top 10

The braves are the current WS favorite, winner of east division 4 straight years, and 2021 WS champs bc they have developed as good as anyone in baseball. Lol, at having some of those teams producing mlb talent better than the braves.

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:00 PM
Houston says Hello

msstate7
04-14-2023, 01:04 PM
If you are talking pitching depth and talent there is a HUGE drop off after Padres, Tigers and Rays, what those 3 teams have done over the past 5 years has been unreal. I am a big time Astros fan but pitching development of those 3 orgs have been phenomenal.

Darvish, musgrove, snell, wacha, lugo, and weathers are the padres starters. Only weathers spent one day in their system.

msstate7
04-14-2023, 01:05 PM
Houston says Hello

Braves have developed to this point as good as anyone. That doesn't mean they're the best, but they're in the elite. Houston, LAD, and TB are certainly up there too

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:07 PM
Well if we are having a measuring contest then …. Houston has won 2 WS titles and 4 AL pennants in past 6 years. ALWest 5 times.

msstate7
04-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Well if we are having a measuring contest then …. Houston has won 2 WS titles and 4 AL pennants in past 6 years. ALWest 5 times.

You left off an asterisk on the 2 WS. You were in a 3rd WS too

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:10 PM

You asked a question and I answered. Or was that a rhetorical question with a strong serving of bias???

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:11 PM
You left off an asterisk on the 2 WS. You were in a 3rd WS too

You do know that a AL/NL pennant means a WS appearance correct ?

msstate7
04-14-2023, 01:12 PM
You do know that a AL/NL pennant means a WS appearance correct ?

Just reminding you of 1 in particular

msstate7
04-14-2023, 01:14 PM

You said the braves weren't even top 10 unless you took these teams off. You're an effin idiot

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:17 PM
I am sure you remember that one, I mean it took what 20 years ?

Careful 7 you are venturing into waters that go well past the knee.

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:20 PM
Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I said if you take those 6 out then Braves are EASILY in top 10.

msstate7
04-14-2023, 01:25 PM
Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I said if you take those 6 out then Braves are EASILY in top 10.

Just applying the inverse to your statement.
ETA... you don't have to exclude anyone to have the braves solidly top 10 the last several years

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:33 PM
It is ok to just admit, Hey I misread what you said….. but doubling down and calling someone an effin idiot, well that doesn’t exactly do you any favors. Borders on KB21 territory.

But it is ok, I forgive your transgression and lack of knowledge on this matter. But A+ on the fandom though.

SilentSteel16
04-14-2023, 01:37 PM
Just applying the inverse to your statement.
ETA... you don't have to exclude anyone to have the braves solidly top 10 the last several years

I would agree with your edited response there, they were and are in top 10 but they ARE ranked per MiLB after those 6, which would in fact make them EASILY in top 10 after those 6 are removed.

Not that I agree with it BUT ranking farm systems is subjective, and there is one national org that actually has the Braves as dead last in their rankings, farm system wise.

https://www.prospects1500.com/milb/2023-mlb-farm-system-rankings/

smootness
04-14-2023, 04:49 PM
Not advocating for trading studds instead of going after the latest WS title.

To your other question about maintaining a farm and still competing at a championship level?obviously the dodgers are the cream of the crop right now. You?ve also got the rays, cardinals, Mets, Yankees, and brewers that are all legit WS contenders that also have a farm system ranked in the top half of the league.

It?s doable. Again, win another title during this run and I won?t care what the farm looks like and they can go thru a 10 yr rebuild that no one will question. However, it is absolutely ridiculous to think that competing, maintaining a top half farm system, AND not letting every veteran all star walk is some pipe dream that can?t be done.

The Brewers' farm system and current team are both middle of the pack, they're not doing anything overly impressive. The Rays have a fantastic FO, no one will question that. The Mets have a good farm system but have been up and down on the field, and they have ridiculous money too. The Yankees obviously have crazy money, their farm system is decent but not amazing and once Volpe is off lists, it will fall quite a bit. The Cardinals had a great 2020 draft and you're now seeing the results of that; they were below the Braves 2 years ago. That's how quickly it can change.

smootness
04-14-2023, 04:52 PM
I would agree with your edited response there, they were and are in top 10 but they ARE ranked per MiLB after those 6, which would in fact make them EASILY in top 10 after those 6 are removed.

Not that I agree with it BUT ranking farm systems is subjective, and there is one national org that actually has the Braves as dead last in their rankings, farm system wise.

https://www.prospects1500.com/milb/2023-mlb-farm-system-rankings/

That is based on current players in the farm system, it's not an overall ranking of the organization. Everyone knows their current system is lacking in talent. Everyone also knows that you'd have a tough argument to state any organization has been better at graduating legit talent over the last 5 years than the Braves.

Also, look who is also at the bottom of that ranking - San Diego and Houston. Why? Because once you graduate tons of talent and build a competitive major league team, you deplete your farm system and start to make moves geared toward the major league roster.

BuckyIsAB****
04-14-2023, 05:14 PM
When we are healthy we have 4 legit starters. My mistake

msstate7
04-14-2023, 05:52 PM
Speaking of farm, does anyone know what's up with Richie and Murphy? Pretty surprised they haven't pitched yet

parabrave
04-14-2023, 11:35 PM
Speaking of farm, does anyone know what's up with Richie and Murphy? Pretty surprised they haven't pitched yet

They are in Low A.

msstate7
04-15-2023, 06:24 AM
They are in Low A.

Murphy finally pitched last night...
4.0 ip 2 h 0 er 1 bb 6 k

Richie starts today

RockyDog
04-15-2023, 06:38 PM
Geez. How much more FAILURE does Snit and/or AA want before they bench Ozunas ass for good? He is good for nothing but a lazy fly ball, double play, or K. He has been outplayed by Pillar, White and Hilliard and they are all journeymen.

msstate7
04-15-2023, 07:34 PM
Geez. How much more FAILURE does Snit and/or AA want before they bench Ozunas ass for good? He is good for nothing but a lazy fly ball, double play, or K. He has been outplayed by Pillar, White and Hilliard and they are all journeymen.
The team is killing it with some pretty big injuries. I would just chill on it... when guys start coming back, ozuna will be gone if he hasn't turned it around

BoomBoom
04-15-2023, 08:29 PM

When you're on the hook for tens of millions the second you cut him.... you rationalize giving it another week or two to see if he can figure it out. Plenty of slow Aprils turn into banger summers, gotta be patient.

msstate7
04-15-2023, 08:35 PM
When you're on the hook for tens of millions the second you cut him.... you rationalize giving it another week or two to see if he can figure it out. Plenty of slow Aprils turn into banger summers, gotta be patient.

I agree. If we were like the Phillies right now, maybe you exercise less patience

BoomBoom
04-17-2023, 10:05 AM
I agree. If we were like the Phillies right now, maybe you exercise less patience

I'm gonna guess that when MH2 comes off the IL, that Ozuna will be cut to make room, assuming the OF callup(s) haven't been horrible in the interim.

RockyDog
04-17-2023, 10:50 AM
I'm gonna guess that when MH2 comes off the IL, that Ozuna will be cut to make room, assuming the OF callup(s) haven't been horrible in the interim.

I'm sure they will send Eli White down when Harris is ready. More likely that the situation will be addressed when a spot is needed with the return of either Darnaud or Soroka. Hell at this rate he is going, Ozuna is going to get paid a million dollars per hit.

trob115
04-17-2023, 10:57 AM
Big series with SD coming up. We owe them some payback.

BoomBoom
04-17-2023, 11:51 AM
I'm sure they will send Eli White down when Harris is ready. More likely that the situation will be addressed when a spot is needed with the return of either Darnaud or Soroka. Hell at this rate he is going, Ozuna is going to get paid a million dollars per hit.

He's 1 for 9 on the season so far. So yeah thats likely. But I don't think he's someone who they feel needs AAA ABs, so if he plays decent the next week or two till MH2 is back, and MO is still horrible, I think that's the point where they cut bait.

msstate7
04-17-2023, 12:06 PM
I think they should play ozuna every day until he hits 100 PA to be sure. Babip is .040. His exit velocity (90.2) is at highest level since 2020. His hard hit % is 48.1 (career 45.0%). His barrel % is 14.8 (career 9.7). His bb rate is 13.0% (career 7.9%)

BoomBoom
04-17-2023, 03:24 PM
I think they should play ozuna every day until he hits 100 PA to be sure. Babip is .040. His exit velocity (90.2) is at highest level since 2020. His hard hit % is 48.1 (career 45.0%). His barrel % is 14.8 (career 9.7). His bb rate is 13.0% (career 7.9%)

Agreed. Kinda odd to see the worst hitter in MLB have decent metrics.

RockyDog
04-17-2023, 11:07 PM
What a gem. Lol. Half that clown?s called strikes were outside the strike zone. It was almost like watching an SEC ump.

SilentSteel16
04-23-2023, 05:05 PM
How about those WS favorites, did they just get swept by my Astros, who are without Altuze and a CF, Verlander…….

RockyDog
04-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Minter sucks. Rosario sucks. Ozuna sucks. Pillar, white, and Hilliard do the best they can as AAAA players. Grissom is a lost cause at SS. Acuna, Olson and Riley are streaky as hell. Murphy is trying to carry the team but is getting no help.

It?s time for AA to earn his salary for sure.

msstate7
04-23-2023, 05:44 PM
This was a tough weekend. I certainly melted down a couple of times, but it'll be ok. Braves led in all 3 games, and I don't expect the pen to be bad once mchugh and iglesias are back. Apparently we will have mchugh this week, and iglesias soon after.

Grissom's defense is my concern, and it was during ST. I think it may be time to give shewmake a shot. Shewmake is starting to hit now in AAA; he's at .793 ops after a horrible start.

Harris and TDA will be back soon. At that point, I think it becomes pillar and Hilliard platooning in lf. Solak in AAA will most likely replace pillar once his inevitable cold streak comes. TDA will probably DH most of the time after his latest concussion, so my prediction is ozuna or Rosario get axed once TDA and Harris are activated.

smootness
04-23-2023, 06:48 PM
Minter sucks. Rosario sucks. Ozuna sucks. Pillar, white, and Hilliard do the best they can as AAAA players. Grissom is a lost cause at SS. Acuna, Olson and Riley are streaky as hell. Murphy is trying to carry the team but is getting no help.

All baseball players are streaky. The Braves are in great shape.

RockyDog
05-01-2023, 04:09 PM
Sure hope Acuna isn't out for a long stretch. Ouch. If anything, a DL stint only extends Ozuna's time on the roster. Hopefully, we can get Harris's bat going again then get TDA back so Murphy can get a break behind the plate and continue to do damage as a DH. Gotta get another bat in there to hopefully move Riley out of the 3 hole for now. He is struggling badly.

I wouldn't mind seeing Acuna, Olson, Ozzie, Murphy, and then Riley at 5 or 6

msstate7
05-01-2023, 05:06 PM
Bruised shoulder

RockyDog
05-03-2023, 06:28 PM
Guess Mr stubborn Snit is going to ride Riley in the 3 hole til he flirts with the Mendoza line. He is a swing and miss or ground ball machine.

Olson is striking out a ton but he is still near the top of the league in walks, homers and RBI

BrunswickDawg
06-27-2023, 09:17 PM

Thought I would bump for the hilarity of some freezing cold takes in this Braves thread.

2nd best record in MLB. +114 run differential. 19-4 in June. Acuna having a borderline historic season (likely first ever with 20HR/50RBI/40SB at the All Star Break)

Commercecomet24
06-27-2023, 09:27 PM
Thought I would bump for the hilarity of some freezing cold takes in this Braves thread.

2nd best record in MLB. +114 run differential. 19-4 in June. Acuna having a borderline historic season (likely first ever with 20HR/50RBI/40SB at the All Star Break)

Yep some really really bad takes on the Braves early on. It?s why you have to have patience in baseball. It?s a long long season.

shoeless joe
06-27-2023, 09:45 PM
Don?t know what y?all are talkin about. My complaints about not signing team vets, bitching about Albies, and general negativity around this team and it?s ?leaders? was obviously well deserved?..

RockyDog
06-28-2023, 08:32 AM
Obviously everybody of concern, for the most part, has played their way off of the trade/chopping block.

I?m glad that Ozuna has rebounded and is actually earning some of his money now but it is kinda bittersweet because it means less at bats for TDA.

I think the concern from here on out has to be, do these guys wear down when postseason play rolls around. I mean Olson, Riley, Albies, Acuna and Harris play EVERY day. Hell other than Pillar, there?s no other bench bat that sees the field.

msstate7
06-28-2023, 09:29 AM
Obviously everybody of concern, for the most part, has played their way off of the trade/chopping block.

I?m glad that Ozuna has rebounded and is actually earning some of his money now but it is kinda bittersweet because it means less at bats for TDA.

I think the concern from here on out has to be, do these guys wear down when postseason play rolls around. I mean Olson, Riley, Albies, Acuna and Harris play EVERY day. Hell other than Pillar, there?s no other bench bat that sees the field.

Snit doesn't rest starters besides catcher. I would love a super utility, but he wouldn't play enough to justify the move. I really think we should be resting guys a little more with the big cushion. Ozzie is coming off an injury, Ronald is only a year removed from major injury, and Arcia has been a bench player for 3 years. I don't want these guys to wear down when it matters most

RockyDog
06-28-2023, 10:16 AM
Snit doesn't rest starters besides catcher. I would love a super utility, but he wouldn't play enough to justify the move. I really think we should be resting guys a little more with the big cushion. Ozzie is coming off an injury, Ronald is only a year removed from major injury, and Arcia has been a bench player for 3 years. I don't want these guys to wear down when it matters most

Now that so many people are into advanced stats these days and the homerun record is so divisive anyway, I'd like to see the regular season cut down a bit to 150. There's just no need for 162 anymore when it seems like non contenders seem to sell off hard at the end of July anyway. Add in a few more off days and that way the playoffs won't have to go so deep into November. They've jumped over the hurdle with the universal DH and the speed up the game changes seem to be working well enough without screwing up things to much. Shortening the season just a bit seems like the next logical step.

Tbonewannabe
06-30-2023, 10:37 AM
So is there a move that the Braves make in the back half? It would be nice to have another starter or bullpen help. Selfishly, I would love to see Brent Rooker running around in LF. Do they bring Vaughan Grissom back up to give Arcia and Albies a breather?

msstate7
06-30-2023, 10:52 AM
Braves need a backup IF preferably a LHH. You can always use a reliever.

Bold prediction: yates is on the backend of games by mid-august. I think he's getting back to pre-injury level

RockyDog
06-30-2023, 11:13 AM
So is there a move that the Braves make in the back half? It would be nice to have another starter or bullpen help. Selfishly, I would love to see Brent Rooker running around in LF. Do they bring Vaughan Grissom back up to give Arcia and Albies a breather?

Don't think Grissom is in the plans anymore. If the Braves make any kind of significant move, he's going to have to be a piece as there is not enough on the farm to pull of a deal for a name guy. Whether that is a starter or a back end guy to help Iglesias/Minter, who knows.

I don't think we'd see anything happen in LF that's not a platoon guy. You gotta ride with Eddie at this point and Pillar is just as good as anybody you are gonna get to platoon unless they wanted to go with someone like Grichuk, McCutchen, Duvall or one of the Cardinal outfielders. At this point it's almost like why mess with a good thing. Eddie, Marcell or Harris could certainly fall off a cliff into no production again, but doesn't really make sense to make a move just thinking that could happen.

parabrave
06-30-2023, 06:16 PM
Was talking to one of the minor league players Wed night and he told me after the all star break there will be alot of moving around for the minor league players.

shoeless joe
07-01-2023, 04:47 PM

Arica showing signs of wearing down already. BA dropped about 30 points in the last 10 days and he’s not been as crisp on D

msstate7
07-03-2023, 07:55 AM
Since Tater pronounced the braves done after Mets took 4-5 in early august last year...

Braves: 93-42 (.689)
Mets: 65-68 (.489)

RockyDog
07-03-2023, 08:31 AM
Since Tater pronounced the braves done after Mets took 4-5 in early august last year...

Love that. What is even more hilarious is the stat going around where the Mets have dropped FIFTEEN AND A HALF GAMES in the standings since Alonso's "throw it again" antics.

Saw some Mets fan trolling one of SportstalkATL's threads saying yea the Braves are no big deal they've "only" won 2 WS during this run. Yea, so have the Mets, clown, and the most recent was 1986. And many of us weren't alive for your first.

KOdawg1
07-03-2023, 11:14 AM

Hate to see it

BrunswickDawg
07-06-2023, 08:48 AM
Arica showing signs of wearing down already. BA dropped about 30 points in the last 10 days and he’s not been as crisp on D

Arcia's D looked good last night -

https://www.mlb.com/braves/video/steven-kwan-grounds-out-shortstop-orlando-arcia-to-first-baseman-matt-ols?partnerId=web_video-playback-page_video-share

RockyDog
07-06-2023, 09:08 AM
Apparently the Marlins best everyone but the Braves. That sweep to pad the cushion out to 8-9 games was a big relief.

Hope to take the series at Tampa to remain scorching hot going into the break.

Awesome to see Olson getting that average up and cutting down on the Ks during this run. One more knock and he will be the first Brave ever with 30 homers at the All Star break.

msstate7
09-02-2023, 06:33 AM
Taken the first 2 in LA, so making it really tough on the dodgers to take home field throughout. This braves team is amazing. Please don't go ice cold in playoffs bc they're clearly the best team

parabrave
09-02-2023, 07:41 AM
Arcia's D looked good last night -

https://www.mlb.com/braves/video/steven-kwan-grounds-out-shortstop-orlando-arcia-to-first-baseman-matt-ols?partnerId=web_video-playback-page_video-share

Watched Arcia in Biloxi. He always had good D but was weak with the wood. Since going to the Braves he ids killing it. And y'all thought he sucked.

RockyDog
09-02-2023, 11:53 AM
It’s a little concerning that Olson has gone ice cold but I’d rather it happen now than in October. With Riley and Ozuna killing the ball like they are, we can deal with his slump.

msstate7
09-02-2023, 12:14 PM
It’s a little concerning that Olson has gone ice cold but I’d rather it happen now than in October. With Riley and Ozuna killing the ball like they are, we can deal with his slump.

Just stagger the slumps. As long as a few guys are hot, the braves should be fine. They have so many good hitters