PDA

View Full Version : This thread has some interesting predictions - vegas win total

somebodyshotmypaw
11-14-2022, 09:44 AM
https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?92243-Vegas-win-totals-for-2022-in-the-SEC&highlight=vegas

Matt3467
11-14-2022, 10:16 AM
Seems like people were divided on AU, ARK, and A&M. We won those games but the LSU that people thought was a gimme has gone on to win the West. We got stomped by UGA who happened to win the East and we took our annual beating from Bama. The only bad loss is KY and that was in Lexington but as time goes on gets worse and worse. We have OM up in a few weeks. If you'd known then what you know now that LSU and UGA would be in the title game and OM was as good as they are aside from KY where else do we get our wins?

confucius say
11-14-2022, 10:19 AM
Good gracious. It's funny that the same people saying we were at least 9-3 also said KY in 2022 is better than LSU.

I will say a lot of us had us pegged at 7-5/8-4.

msstate7
11-14-2022, 10:21 AM
LSU wasn't good when we played them. They turned their season around in Gainesville, which was a month after we played them. We were favored at lsu, and we shoulda won

confucius say
11-14-2022, 10:48 AM
LSU wasn't good when we played them. They turned their season around in Gainesville, which was a month after we played them. We were favored at lsu, and we shoulda won

We have less than a handful of people who would even start for them.

They've gotten better no doubt. But they were always better than us.

msstate7
11-14-2022, 10:54 AM

You're just incapable of any deserving criticism of leach. We absolutely shoulda won that game

dawgday166
11-14-2022, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't say "wasn't good". I would say they were still working out some kinks, but apparently so were we. They worked theirs out and we are still struggling with ours. Their main kink IMO was consistent QB play and decision making. They've certainly worked that one out.

Being favored means next to nothing that early in the SEC schedule (1st game).

Matt3467
11-14-2022, 11:04 AM
You're just incapable of any deserving criticism of leach. We absolutely shoulda won that game

How should we have won that game when Will Rogers goes 24/42 214yds 5.1ypa? Will is our offense. We go as he goes. Who expects to win a game at Tiger stadium going td, downs, downs, punt, punt, td, punt, punt, fg, downs, punt, punt, int? We were lucky it was still a game going into the 4th quarter.

msstate7
11-14-2022, 11:07 AM
How should we have won that game when Will Rogers goes 24/42 214yds 5.1ypa? Will is our offense. We go as he goes. Who expects to win a game at Tiger stadium going td, downs, downs, punt, punt, td, punt, punt, fg, downs, punt, punt, int? We were lucky it was still a game going into the 4th quarter.

We were still in contol until leach put an inferior PR guy back there.

Offshore Dawg
11-14-2022, 11:07 AM
I wouldn't say "wasn't good". I would say they were still working out some kinks, but apparently so were we. They worked theirs out and we are still struggling with ours. Their main kink IMO is consistent QB play and decision making. They've certainly worked that one out.

Being favored means next to nothing that early in the SEC schedule (1st game).

T A&M would be a fine example of overrated to start the year.

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 11:09 AM
We were still in contol until leach put an inferior PR guy back there.

And that completely changed they way we fielded punts from then on. It was like "Well, shit. If we're gonna muff punts at least have a fast guy back there."

msstate7
11-14-2022, 11:12 AM
And that completely changed they way we fielded punts from then on. It was like "Well, shit. If we're gonna muff punts at least have a fast guy back there."

Thomas retuned well against Arizona before lsu. Thomas retuned well in the game vs lsu. Leach made a game-changing stupid decision. Thomas is 2nd in sec in PR

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 11:14 AM
Thomas retuned well against Arizona before lsu. Thomas retuned well in the game vs lsu. Leach made a game-changing stupid decision. Thomas is 2nd in sec in PR

Add it to the list of stupid decisions.

confucius say
11-14-2022, 01:59 PM

What? I don't even like leach really. Would not have hired him.
But nobody in their right mind thinks we're even close to as talented as LSU.

msstate7
11-14-2022, 02:01 PM
What? I don't even like leach really. Would not have hired him.
But nobody in their right mind thinks we're even close to as talented as LSU.

We were favored. We were winning until leach made a horrible decision that cost us the game

parabrave
11-14-2022, 03:06 PM
We were favored. We were winning until leach made a horrible decision that cost us the game

Well that and we forgot about our run game and Kelly remembered he had a running QB/

MoreCowbell
11-14-2022, 03:13 PM

I believe we were up 14-0 at one point too then the Leach stall happened

Johnson85
11-14-2022, 03:51 PM

They were more talented than us. Our offense just not being able to handle a good defense stopped us from winning despite our D doing its job.

DownwardDawg
11-14-2022, 03:58 PM
I believe we were up 14-0 at one point too then the Leach stall happened

Yes. It was actually 13-0 and we were about to take complete control of the game. It should have been at least 20-0 then the muff happened.

1bigdawg
11-14-2022, 04:34 PM
Ok. We are not as talented as LSU. However, we have a lot of upperclassmen which should lead to consistent play.

PMDawg
11-14-2022, 04:51 PM
A couple of people were mad when I suggested pumping the brakes on predictions of 8, 9, or 10 wins. Lol

A good indicator to me has always been preseason All SEC player lists. If you see a lot of your players on the list, you're gonna be good. If you don't see many at all, it's probably going to be a long year. If most of the ones you have on the list are 3rd team or worse, probably not a good sign.