PDA

View Full Version : Malik Heath

CadaverDawg
11-13-2022, 03:28 PM
I remember seeing many people talk about how Heath was a cancer and had dropped down our depth chart, etc when he transferred to Ole Miss....

What does it say about our coach and offense that he is now one of, if not THE, go-to receiver on a top 15 team that just took Bama to the wire? Could we use a guy like that? Just wondering what the experts think. I'll hang up and listen.

Leroy Jenkins
11-13-2022, 03:30 PM
Some coaches won't tolerate attitude, some will. A WR that was on the team 2 years ago said Heath was physically the best WR we had at that time.

PikeDawg15
11-13-2022, 03:32 PM
It?s weird how he stopped dropping passes and stopped fumbling in critical moments when he got to ole miss

Sounds like he has a better wide receiver coach.

Leroy Jenkins
11-13-2022, 03:34 PM
It?s weird how he stopped dropping passes and stopped fumbling in critical moments when he got to ole miss

Maybe the wreck knocked some sense into him.

Cooterpoot
11-13-2022, 04:14 PM

He's dropped passes this year. But Leach does nothing to free up WRs outside his basic ass play napkin. He doesn't scheme things up to attack defenses.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2022, 05:05 PM
Maybe having someone who can deliver the ball?!!? Asking for a friend.

CaptainObvious
11-13-2022, 05:11 PM
He doesn?t have 11 other receivers to compete with for playing time to run 8 yard routes.

Goldendawg
11-13-2022, 05:51 PM

He's definitely playing in a much more exciting passing game and it hurts me to type that. But we should have let him go after the Tulsa game as he was an embarrassment to the University during the fight and his video in the locker room .Heard there were other issues last year. OM thought he was a thug when at State, seems to fit in fine there now. Sure they will target him heavily Thanksgiving night and the announcers will eat it up. Never played this hard for us. Whatever.

chef dixon
11-13-2022, 08:42 PM
It's 1000% scheme. Our scheme lets no one get in rhythm. We use way too many WR

Saltydog
11-13-2022, 10:27 PM
I remember seeing many people talk about how Heath was a cancer and had dropped down our depth chart, etc when he transferred to Ole Miss....

What does it say about our coach and offense that he is now one of, if not THE, go-to receiver on a top 15 team that just took Bama to the wire? Could we use a guy like that? Just wondering what the experts think. I'll hang up and listen.

Saw a stat on him a couple of weeks ago and I doubt his numbers have drastically change since then but he averaged 40 ypg receiving last year and was averaging 54-55 this year. That's not some huge jump. Not sure on td's but I'm sure they're up some.

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2022, 10:34 PM
He doesn?t have 11 other receivers to compete with for playing time to run 8 yard routes.

There is some serious truth to this. We sub way too much.

parabrave
11-13-2022, 11:17 PM
It's 1000% scheme. Our scheme lets no one get in rhythm. We use way too many WR

On every team there is a Alpha male, a give me the ball when we need a big play big time player. Who is this player on MSU?? AW?? Please tell me.

CadaverDawg
11-13-2022, 11:54 PM
On every team there is a Alpha male, a give me the ball when we need a big play big time player. Who is this player on MSU?? AW?? Please tell me.

Unfortunately our scheme doesn't allow for a "hot hand". It's whatever the napkin says, not throw it to our best guy. Yet another reason we are so easy to defend and why this shit won't ever work against good teams in this league.

HoopsDawg
11-14-2022, 12:13 AM
Unfortunately our scheme doesn't allow for a "hot hand". It's whatever the napkin says, not throw it to our best guy. Yet another reason we are so easy to defend and why this shit won't ever work against good teams in this league.

Yep. Leach's definition of balance

dawgday166
11-14-2022, 12:34 AM

Yea I reckon that's why Michael Crabtree & Wes Welker sucked as college receivers.

Some of it might be primarily due to the guy who can't seem to get them the ball. Can't stare them down the whole way down the field. And gotta sometimes hold onto it for more than 2 seconds before throwing it too.

However, I will reiterate ... ultimately it all boils up to Leach, whatever it is.

tcdog70
11-14-2022, 11:31 AM
losing Polk was a big loss---no one has stepped up

yjnkdawg
11-14-2022, 12:37 PM
He is still a me me "look at me player" . On at least one play. when he wasn't the primary receiver, and he knew the ball wasn't coming to him, he didn't even actually run his route. He just stopped.

Choctaw Dawg
11-14-2022, 01:48 PM
However bad you thought malik was as a team cancer, triple that. He was worse than what was let out from practice when it came to attitude and effort. We pushed him out the door essentially.

Pancho
11-15-2022, 07:16 AM
he'll be an XFL player, if the coaches can stand his personality.

CadaverDawg
11-15-2022, 01:32 PM
However bad you thought malik was as a team cancer, triple that. He was worse than what was let out from practice when it came to attitude and effort. We pushed him out the door essentially.

Clearly he's destroying the Ole Miss locker room.*

Maybe we are just mentally weak as a program. How can Lane Kiffin's immature ass get Malik in line but he is "a cancer" to the maximum degree at State? I'm sick of the excuses with our program. We'll never be a big dog if we pee like a puppy.

State82
11-15-2022, 05:19 PM
We'll never be a big dog if we pee like a puppy.

I got a chuckle out of this. Good one. And unfortunately true.

viverlibre
11-15-2022, 06:05 PM
I brought up all these points in the summer and was told that he was a cancer, he wouldn't play, we had too much talent at WR, we told him to leave, etc. In spite of him being our 3rd leading (returning) WR and leading the team in YPC. He was also one of our few big play WRs in 2021.

He clearly isn't a cancer in Oxford and is leading them in receptions and second in yardage. What does that say about out coaches?

munk_munk92
11-16-2022, 04:36 PM
I get Heath being frustrated, running 5 yard routes all game. I wish leach would put tulu in slot so we can get him lined up with a linebacker. Also wish he'd put our best wr on field at same time. He does do some stupid things.

Pancho
11-16-2022, 05:33 PM
heath will make a decent xfl type player if he behaves as he is this year for kiffin.