Grade - B and a very good season!

Hail State to 8-4!

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-13-2022, 01:57 PM
The mood will absolutely change if we beat OM

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 02:05 PM

For some of us. However a big chunk of our fanbase just hates Leach and isn't ever going to be happy as long as he's here.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-13-2022, 02:06 PM
Beating Ole Miss is the only thing that over 70% of our fans care about.

They would rather go 5-7 with an Egg Bowl win, than go 8-4 with an Egg Bowl loss.

CadaverDawg
11-13-2022, 02:07 PM

Mine will. Bc it will immediately show me two things that I currently doubt about Leach...

1. He can actually beat his rival

2. He can win a road game in this league against a really good team. And make no mistake, Ole Miss is a really good team.

TrapGame
11-13-2022, 02:08 PM

Beat OM and win the bowl game would put everybody in a good mood going into basketball and baseball.

msu15
11-13-2022, 02:14 PM
To me his job should come down to winning the Egg Bowl. It would show that we actually made some progress this year and that this season wasn't a total waste.

CoachT14
11-13-2022, 03:07 PM
For some of us. However a big chunk of our fanbase just hates Leach and isn't ever going to be happy as long as he's here.

Meanwhile some Leach fan boys can’t get over him. He’s bigger than Mississippi State to them. And they can’t look at Leach rationally.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 04:03 PM
Meanwhile some Leach fan boys can’t get over him. He’s bigger than Mississippi State to them. And they can’t look at Leach rationally.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I view Leach and all of our other coaches from a 100% rational and mathematical perspective. No emotion or feelings whatsoever.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-13-2022, 05:58 PM
7-5:

OOC - 4-0
SEC - 3-5
3rd Loss in a row to OM
Signature Win - Arkansas?
Very low Bowl
Little momentum or fan excitement for 2023
Grade - C

8-4

OOC - 4-0
SEC - 4-4
Big win over OM breaking losing streak
Signature Win - OM on the road
Better Bowl
Better momentum and hope for 2023

Hail State to 8-4!

8-4 would just be a win off from what I think a lot of people expected at the beginning of the year.

viverlibre
11-13-2022, 06:26 PM
Vegas had us a 6 wins, IIRC, so 7-5 or 8-4 is better that objective expectations. I had us at 7-5, as likely did most fans, so if we get to 8-4, it will be a good season. Win the bowl game and there's a lot of momentum going into 2023, especially if the Lane Train departs Oxford station.

R2Dawg
11-13-2022, 07:29 PM

Not true at all. If what he was doing was working, stay as long as you like. I don't think any would argue with that because we are MSU fans first.

Some of our fanbase loves Leach no matter what he does and act like Leach fans only not MSU fans.

R2Dawg
11-13-2022, 07:31 PM
Beat OM and win the bowl game would put everybody in a good mood going into basketball and baseball.

That would be 9 wins and a win or probably two over a team with a winning record (something Leach ain't done all year). That would be something to carry into next year.

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 07:37 PM

Absolutely. It would help.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 07:58 PM
Not true at all. If what he was doing was working, stay as long as you like. I don't think any would argue with that because we are MSU fans first.

It's probably true for you, but we had fans who hated the hire from day, the ones negging the win in Baton Rouge and still complaining about Leach every day. A lot of people think that you're "supposed" to win at football by running between the tackles and physically imposing your will on the other team, and any other way isn't manly enough.

Throw in the fact that Ole Miss has been good these last 2 years, and you have seething rage and hatred for Leach from a lot of our fanbase. Nothing he does will ever be good enough.

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2022, 08:23 PM
Until we start recruiting better, it doesn’t matter who is coaching. We will rarely beat Bama, UGA or LSU. Luckily aTm is a mess or they would be on that list too. If Napier gets UF rolling that’s another to add to the list along with Tenn. We can’t expect to beat top 10 teams if we are recruiting between 25-33 each year. There is a reason Miss State, Ark, UK, Mizzou, USCe and Ole Miss rarely if ever go to Atlanta. Kiffin is making it closer than expected, but he is a pro at the portal to make it close. Mizzou made it because the stars aligned the one year where UF UT and UGA were kind of messy, but that rarely happens

WhiskeyPirate
11-13-2022, 08:28 PM
Until we start recruiting better, it doesn’t matter who is coaching. We will rarely beat Bama, UGA or LSU. Luckily aTm is a mess or they would be on that list too. If Napier gets UF rolling that’s another to add to the list along with Tenn. We can’t expect to beat top 10 teams if we are recruiting between 25-33 each year. There is a reason Miss State, Ark, UK, Mizzou, USCe and Ole Miss rarely if ever go to Atlanta. Kiffin is making it closer than expected, but he is a pro at the portal to make it close. Mizzou made it because the stars aligned the one year where UF UT and UGA were kind of messy, but that rarely happens

Don’t you need NIl money to compete in recruiting these days ? Cohen ignored NIl and we are way behind on funding, but I read on genespage that was all the coaches fault and not Cohens. Gosh

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2022, 09:03 PM
Don’t you need NIl money to compete in recruiting these days ? Cohen ignored NIl and we are way behind on funding, but I read on genespage that was all the coaches fault and not Cohens. Gosh

No doubt that’s 100% on Cohen. That is why we need an AD that is all in on getting NIL money. This needs to be one of the most important factors in hiring an AD if we want to be competitive in the new age of football

Cooterpoot
11-13-2022, 09:07 PM

We aren't way behind like some think. NIL won't be a huge issue once we get the people in place. We obviously won't put up what some schools do but we won't be trash either.

Coach34
11-13-2022, 09:17 PM

Win the Egg to go 8-4 and he meets the floor this season. But beating your rival at their place gets you some love and is something to build on. Losing to Kentucky with this team tho remains a red mark.

7-5 is underachievement with this team. We will lose some important people heading into next season. Doesnt give the fanbase the warm and fuzzies having a guy to be the 1st to keep his job losing 3 Eggs in a row in over 60 years

calidawg
11-13-2022, 09:58 PM
People are making this too complicated. Mike Leach won't survive an egg bowl loss. The fanbase won't stand for 3 egg bowl losses and staring down another season of Mike leach and will rogers offense. This was NOT supposed to be a down year for us. This was supposed to be a 9 win type year.

Coach34
11-13-2022, 10:04 PM
People are making this too complicated. Mike Leach won't survive an egg bowl loss. The fanbase won't stand for 3 egg bowl losses and staring down another season of Mike leach and will rogers offense. This was NOT supposed to be a down year for us. This was supposed to be a 9 win type year.

Exactly. Then losing some important OL guys, Forbes, Wheat, Davis, and a few others weakens this team heading into next season. Not to mention an SEC schedule flip with the toss-ups on the road in 2023. Staring 6-6 maybe 7-5 at best in the face next year

Lord McBuckethead
11-13-2022, 10:45 PM
I can take an egg bowl loss, if our 17!n offense is competitive and our punter kicks a 42 yard punt in the air.

Both are totally not acceptable. Seriously.

confucius say
11-13-2022, 10:51 PM
7-5:

OOC - 4-0
SEC - 3-5
3rd Loss in a row to OM
Signature Win - Arkansas?
Very low Bowl
Little momentum or fan excitement for 2023
Grade - C

8-4

OOC - 4-0
SEC - 4-4
Big win over OM breaking losing streak
Signature Win - OM on the road
Better Bowl
Better momentum and hope for 2023

Hail State to 8-4!

8-4 vs this schedule with our talent would be an A

confucius say
11-13-2022, 10:55 PM
Exactly. Then losing some important OL guys, Forbes, Wheat, Davis, and a few others weakens this team heading into next season. Not to mention an SEC schedule flip with the toss-ups on the road in 2023. Staring 6-6 maybe 7-5 at best in the face next year

We'll be 7-5/8-4 again next year. Same as this year, sans a mass exodus. Williams > Davis too.

Coach34
11-13-2022, 10:57 PM
We'll be 7-5/8-4 again next year. Same as this year, sans a mass exodus. Williams > Davis too.

Good luck with that. If Williams was better- he'd be starting. Coaches dont play lesser players unless the better player doesnt practice enough or some other reason.

confucius say
11-13-2022, 11:11 PM
Good luck with that. If Williams was better- he'd be starting. Coaches dont play lesser players unless the better player doesnt practice enough or some other reason.

That's not what our staff says. Take it up with them.

7-5/8-4 2023 sans a mass portal exodus.

Goldendawg
11-14-2022, 12:46 AM
8-4 vs this schedule with our talent would be an A

Would give 8-4 an "B+", if our O didn't look so bad, disappear for long stretches of every loss and even the AU win. An "A" to me is more than 8 wins in any season.

BrunswickDawg
11-14-2022, 08:22 AM

Isn't this the exact opposite of most of your claims during the Mullen era? Many times you complained about Mullen leaving less experienced but more talented players on the bench out of loyalty to upper classmen who had paid their dues.

KOdawg1
11-14-2022, 08:29 AM

Lol Leach could tell some of these fans to jump, and they wouldn't even ask how high. They'd just start jumping like a kid on a trampoline.

KOdawg1
11-14-2022, 08:30 AM
And unfortunately, we'll have some fans that are okay with that

viverlibre
11-14-2022, 09:24 AM
Win the Egg to go 8-4 and he meets the floor this season. But beating your rival at their place gets you some love and is something to build on. Losing to Kentucky with this team tho remains a red mark.

7-5 is underachievement with this team. We will lose some important people heading into next season. Doesnt give the fanbase the warm and fuzzies having a guy to be the 1st to keep his job losing 3 Eggs in a row in over 60 years

Where in the world are you getting 8 wins as the floor? That's just looking through maroon colored glasses. Our over/under win total was 6.5, that is what objective analysts, who do tons of research, had us at. So 6 wins was our floor. 8 wins would be well over realistic expectations, considering our schedule and that every conference team we beat has more talent than us. https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=SEC

bulldawg28
11-14-2022, 09:48 AM
Where in the world are you getting 8 wins as the floor? That's just looking through maroon colored glasses. Our over/under win total was 6.5, that is what objective analysts, who do tons of research, had us at. So 6 wins was our floor. 8 wins would be well over realistic expectations, considering our schedule and that every conference team we beat has more talent than us. https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/?Conference=SEC

The Mullen effect.

WhiskeyPirate
11-14-2022, 09:51 AM

Ridiculous garbage, more of your propaganda

You just make it up as you go along.

WhiskeyPirate
11-14-2022, 09:53 AM
He makes things up constantly, 8 wins is the floor because 10-11 wins are the ceiling, so then he can claim leach should be fired.

Which is pure lunacy because no reasonable person would say Leach has to beat number one Georgia, Bama and LSU on the road.

He wants leach fired that’s it.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 09:55 AM
The "SEC schedule flip" from Georgia to South Carolina is pretty helpful, I'd say.

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 10:02 AM
The "SEC schedule flip" from Georgia to South Carolina is pretty helpful, I'd say.

Only problem is SC is at SC. The Fighting Shane Beamers will love a SECW feather in their cap.

louisvilledawg
11-14-2022, 10:09 AM
Only problem is SC is at SC. The Fighting Shane Beamers will love a SECW feather in their cap.

Shane married a girl from starkville. Pretty cool

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2022, 10:12 AM
I can take an egg bowl loss, if our 17!n offense is competitive and our punter kicks a 42 yard punt in the air.

I haven't been ok with an Egg Bowl loss except for 2008. No matter the performance by either side of the ball.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 10:14 AM

I'm sure they would, but I bet we beat them. At least it's a much higher probability than if we were keeping Georgia on the schedule and playing in Athens.

msstate7
11-14-2022, 10:17 AM
SC is much improved this season, and they are recruiting circles around us. They're #15 right now with 10 4-stars

gtowndawg
11-14-2022, 10:17 AM
My two cents worth...if we lose to Ole Miss again I'm out, Leach needs to go. Everyone I've spoken with says the same.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 10:20 AM
My two cents worth...if we lose to Ole Miss again I'm out, Leach needs to go. Everyone I've spoken with says the same.

Good thing yall weren't fans of Clemson in the early Dabo days...

gtowndawg
11-14-2022, 10:26 AM
Good thing yall weren't fans of Clemson in the early Dabo days...

Ha ha, yeah, because the circumstances are exactly the same. What's next? A speech about how we use to lose to Ole Miss every year (long before I was even alive)?

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 10:30 AM
Ha ha, yeah, because the circumstances are exactly the same. What's next? A speech about how we use to lose to Ole Miss every year (long before I was even alive)?

Nothing is "exactly the same," but Dabo once lost 5 in a row to South Carolina, but cooler heads realized that A. South Carolina was a top 10 team for much of that and therefore couldn't be compared to earlier years when the weren't, B. you can't define full seasons on one game, and C. they liked the overall W/L record Dabo was producing

gtowndawg
11-14-2022, 10:37 AM
Nothing is "exactly the same," but Dabo once lost 5 in a row to South Carolina, but cooler heads realized that A. South Carolina was a top 10 team for much of that and therefore couldn't be compared to earlier years when the weren't, B. you can't define full seasons on one game, and C. they liked the overall W/L record Dabo was producing

What they saw was Dabo bringing in ELITE talent to Clemson. Leach isn't in the same universe as Dabo when it comes to recruiting nor does he have 1/5 the passion for it that Dabo has. It's night and day difference. Clemson was also losing to a rival that was a strong SEC program. That's like us losing to Bama every year. We're not firing coaches for losing to Bama, we're firing coaches for losing to an equal (Ole Miss).

confucius say
11-14-2022, 10:38 AM
We have smallest budget in the league.
The worst recruiter in the west.
The smallest NIL in the west.
The worst/smallest fanbase in the league (sans Vandy) that doesn't come to games and allowed UGA to take over our stadium.

We're a 7-5 program right now, which is looked at as a solid job by everybody outside our maroon bubble. We're just obsessed with OM so we're upset.

And I don't really even like Leach. We can certainly do better but can also do much worse. But a lot of the people wanting him gone are the same ones that wanted Mullen gone after 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2016.

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 10:42 AM
The worst/smallest fanbase in the league (sans Vandy) that doesn't come to games and allowed UGA to take over our stadium.

We're a 7-5 program right now, which is looked at as a solid job by everybody outside our maroon bubble. We're just obsessed with OM so we're upset.

And I don't really even like Leach. We can certainly do better but can also do much worse. But a lot of the people wanting him gone are the same ones that wanted Mullen gone after 2011, 2013, 2015, and 2016.

Well, Mullen actually wanted himself gone those years too. Except for '16. And amazingly we throttled OM in Oxford.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 10:42 AM
"South Carolina is equal to Alabama" is not a take I expected to read here today, that's for sure.

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 10:44 AM
SC is much improved this season, and they are recruiting circles around us. They're #15 right now with 10 4-stars

Yep, that trip to South Carolina ain't no cupcake.

confucius say
11-14-2022, 10:53 AM
Yep, that trip to South Carolina ain't no cupcake.

Agreed. We're very similar programs.

Coach34
11-14-2022, 10:56 AM

So what? Vegas had us at 6.5 wins in 2014. Not to mention the over on that for us this year was -125...meaning it was almost a given we would go over.

These same people had A&M at 8.5 this year- how is that looking?
Vandy at 2.5?
LSU at 7?
Tenn at 7.5?

viverlibre
11-14-2022, 11:14 AM
So what? Vegas had us at 6.5 wins in 2014. Not to mention the over on that for us this year was -125...meaning it was almost a given we would go over.

Vandy at 2.5?
LSU at 7?
Tenn at 7.5?

Looks like so far they are a lot better than you at picking MSU's win total. Absolutely no one foresaw TAMU's implosion, nor LSU's current run.

confucius say
11-14-2022, 02:03 PM

Vandy at 2.5?
LSU at 7?
Tenn at 7.5?

It means we overachieved in 2014. Because we had a nfl qb.
Leach is going 7-5 without a playmaker at qb.

Coach34
11-14-2022, 02:22 PM
It means we overachieved in 2014. Because we had a nfl qb.

Overachieved?

We had 8 draft picks from that season and the next leading that team. 2nd rounders P. Smith, McKinney, and Chris Jones. Wells, Malcolm Johnson, J-Rob, Will Redmond. That team was loaded with talent. Vegas set the number low not realizing how talented we were

confucius say
11-14-2022, 02:31 PM
Overachieved?

We had 8 draft picks from that season and the next leading that team. 2nd rounders P. Smith, McKinney, and Chris Jones. Wells, Malcolm Johnson, J-Rob, Will Redmond. That team was loaded with talent. Vegas set the number low not realizing how talented we were

Overachieved the number I mean.
Outperformed expectations. Because we had a future all pro qb who was a redshirt jr

Goldendawg
11-14-2022, 09:55 PM
I'm sure they would, but I bet we beat them. At least it's a much higher probability than if we were keeping Georgia on the schedule and playing in Athens.

Yeah, we play great on the road in SEC games. See LSU, KY, bama, with OM TBD. Maybe OM breaks this trend.

RiverCityDawg
11-14-2022, 10:18 PM

All correct.

Our program specs and fan support deserves no better than what we're getting, maybe even not as good as what we're getting. We have a winning team and can't even fill the stadium for a night game against the number 1 team in the country and defending national champs. Weak. Yet a vocal group of our fans think we deserve better. What a joke.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 11:32 PM
Yeah, we play great on the road in SEC games. See LSU, KY, bama, with OM TBD. Maybe OM breaks this trend.

We did pretty well Leach's first 2 years. You're not talking about any long-term trends or anything.

BrunswickDawg
11-15-2022, 07:35 AM

It's not our fault that easy road games like A&M and Auburn both flip to home the same year.

viverlibre
11-15-2022, 09:05 AM
All correct.

Our program specs and fan support deserves no better than what we're getting, maybe even not as good as what we're getting. We have a winning team and can't even fill the stadium for a night game against the number 1 team in the country and defending national champs. Weak. Yet a vocal group of our fans think we deserve better. What a joke.

In addition to all that, we also have the least talent in the SEC, with the exception of Vandy and Missouri.