PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas vs bears/sharks/rebels

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 11:01 AM
Whatever they go by these days.

What will the line be? I think this will be a really close game and Arkansas may beat them.

Leroy Jenkins
11-13-2022, 11:03 AM
Which QB is UPig playing, KJ or are they down the the 3rd string guy again?

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2022, 11:03 AM
If they have Jefferson they will beat them.

Homedawg
11-13-2022, 11:08 AM

Right. And so will we ****

DownwardDawg
After Kiffins first few scripted drives, I don't think they can move the ball against Arkansas. LSU only managed 13 points and they are light years better than ole miss.

BuckyIsAB****
Right. And so will we ****

Pretty good shot

Homedawg
11-13-2022, 11:11 AM
Pretty good shot

We are watching completely different teams, clearly.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2022, 11:14 AM
We are watching completely different teams, clearly.

I have watched both teams every game all year. If you want to go into the egg thinking we shouldnt get off the bus that is your decision

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 11:19 AM
Our defense Gives us a good chance in the egg. Our offense...... not so much. I think both teams will be playing for 8-4.

TrapGame
11-13-2022, 11:27 AM
In a perfect world Arkansas gives OM a very physical game for four quarters and wins it. The rumors start leaking Monday after that Kiffin is gone. Thanksgiving afternoon the ESPN guys are breaking on Twitter that Lane Kiffin will be the next coach at X university. We go in and break a foot off in their ass in their place. Everybody's mood improves and we can all get along again.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-13-2022, 11:38 AM
Does KJ have Moultree Knee?

Coach34
11-13-2022, 11:43 AM
Does KJ have Moultree Knee?

KJ is Ralph from 2011. Just beat the **** up

bulldawg28
11-13-2022, 12:04 PM

Stop it. Ole Miss isn't losing any more games this year unless Kiffin leaves early.

BuckyIsAB****
11-13-2022, 12:10 PM
Stop it. Ole Miss isn't losing any more games this year unless Kiffin leaves early.

Crown ?em

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 12:18 PM

No way I would make that prediction. They are poised for some letdown. They had a week off to prepare for Bama and gave it everything they had. They got beat up physically also. They are about to face another very physical team that can stop their run game. I won't be surprised at all if Arkansas beats them. Arkansas expects to win this game.

Homedawg
11-13-2022, 12:19 PM
I have watched both teams every game all year. If you want to go into the egg thinking we shouldnt get off the bus that is your decision

I'd love to come back and eat crow after a win. Just don't see it.

PikeDawg15
11-13-2022, 12:51 PM
LSU was sleep walking through that whole game and played about as bad offensively as they possibly could have

If ole miss jumps out to a big lead on them and gets up 21-3 in the first quarter .

That?s ball game because Arkansas doesn?t have the Offense to keep up

parabrave
11-13-2022, 02:07 PM
LSU was sleep walking through that whole game and played about as bad offensively as they possibly could have

If ole miss jumps out to a big lead on them and gets up 21-3 in the first quarter .

That?s ball game because Arkansas doesn?t have the Offense to keep up

This.

msu15
11-13-2022, 02:16 PM
They've always sucked at Arkansas for some reason, but yea unless KJ plays UPig has absolutely no shot.

PikeDawg15
11-13-2022, 02:25 PM
They've always sucked at Arkansas for some reason, but yea unless KJ plays UPig has absolutely no shot.

Or if ole miss plays F- level like lsu did.

But that?s highly doubtful they play that bad

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2022, 08:16 PM
Arkansas has a chance to beat them if KJ plays. If not, I don’t see them holding much shot. Hopefully KJ is ready to go and can play.

bulldawg28
11-13-2022, 08:31 PM
Crown ?em

Depends on the game.

dawgday166
11-13-2022, 08:50 PM
Not gonna make a prediction but OM has played 4 away games ... @Ga Tech, @Vandy, @LSU, @TAM. Not a staunch road schedule there. They got thumped by LSU and squeaked by TAM. I don't think they're that good of road team but Kiffin is a good motivator.

Historically speaking OM does seem snakebit in Fayetteville. 4th and 25.

Todd4State
11-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Not gonna make a prediction but OM has played 4 away games ... @Ga Tech, @Vandy, @LSU, @TAM. Not a staunch road schedule there. They got thumped by LSU and squeaked by TAM. I don't think they're that good of road team but Kiffin is a good motivator.

Historically speaking OM does seem snakebit in Fayetteville. 4th and 25.

4th and 25 was in Oxford. But your point is taken.

dawgday166
11-13-2022, 09:01 PM
4th and 25 was in Oxford. But your point is taken.

Oops. I couldn't remember but I just figured there was no way they made 4th and 25 in Oxford. We dodged a serious bullet in that one LOL (which I thought at the time).

We probably need to hire Freeze then. Losing to Memphis and giving up 4th and 25 to lose SECW all in same year. Fire Leach ... Hire Freeze ****

confucius say
11-13-2022, 11:14 PM
Our defense Gives us a good chance in the egg. Our offense...... not so much. I think both teams will be playing for 8-4.

Our defense is 9th in scoring and our offense is 7th, true?

confucius say
11-13-2022, 11:23 PM
Depends on the game.

Not that we are good either, but OM best win is a 3 point win at home vs a 6-5 KY. And behind that is a shootout win vs auburn and a 3 point win vs 3-7 Aggie. Then Vandy, GT, Troy, Tulsa, central Arkansas. That's their 8 wins. We'd be 8-2 too.

Coach34
11-13-2022, 11:38 PM
Not that we are good either, but OM best win is a 3 point win at home vs a 6-5 KY. And behind that is a shootout win vs auburn and a 3 point win vs 3-7 Aggie. Then Vandy, GT, Troy, Tulsa, central Arkansas. That's their 8 wins. We'd be 8-2 too.

anybody thinking we are as good as Mississippi is kidding themselves. We arent beating them at home. They damn near beat Bama at home. We are not that team.

CadaverDawg
11-13-2022, 11:51 PM
anybody thinking we are as good as Mississippi is kidding themselves. We arent beating them at home. They damn near beat Bama at home. We are not that team.

Exactly. It always amazes me how a big portion of our message board fans think Ole Miss is going to lose every week, yet they don't. I remember all the "easy schedule but they'll still only win 8" posts. They will beat Arkansas and dismantle us, and will go 10-2. I guess some of y'all just post your hopes on here instead of what you actually know is going to happen.

bulldawg28
11-14-2022, 06:42 AM

We can't win on the road with a 3rd year program coach so that's no Bueno.

Captain Falcon
11-14-2022, 03:23 PM
This game is my guilty pleasure game. It seems like something off the wall or crazy happens every year. I feel like if I named 10 crazy football games that I?ve watched in my lifetime, half of them would be Ole Miss/Arkansas games.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2022, 03:39 PM

Yep

Johnson85
11-14-2022, 03:49 PM
Exactly. It always amazes me how a big portion of our message board fans think Ole Miss is going to lose every week, yet they don't. I remember all the "easy schedule but they'll still only win 8" posts. They will beat Arkansas and dismantle us, and will go 10-2. I guess some of y'all just post your hopes on here instead of what you actually know is going to happen.

I mean, those people are overboard, but Ole Miss struggled against Tulsa, struggled against UK at home, got demolished by LSU, struggled @A&M.

Now, they did scare Bama and take care of Vandy, Auburn, Ga Tech, Central Arkansas, and Troy. And of course, those teams they struggled with they still came away with a W.

We are not good (and we seem to have regressed even), so I'm not trying to say it's going to be a pickem in Oxford or anything, but certainly @Arkansas is dangerous for them. Even playing us in Oxford, while they should be solidly favored, the only game that indicates they are really better than us is them showing up against Bama and UK whereas we just had our testicles shrivel up in both those games.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2022, 06:28 PM
The spread is 2-1/2 ole miss. I think this is gonna go down to the wire.

CJDAWG85
11-16-2022, 10:06 AM
The bigger question with this game is how does OM respond after a loss like that? They were playing for a shot at another NY6 bowl last week. Now they need Bama to lose to Auburn in Tuscaloosa to have any shot. I think State has a greater chance of winning the Egg Bowl than that happening. OM (#14) laying less than a FG against a 5-5 team playing for bowl eligibility makes me think taking OM is bait. Ark always plays them tough so give me the Hogs in a really physical game.

Leroy Jenkins
11-16-2022, 11:23 AM
The spread is 2-1/2 ole miss. I think this is gonna go down to the wire.

The first half spread is UM -0.5. That is the better play. They always start good until teams get used to the tempo.

TrapGame
11-16-2022, 11:49 AM
It's at night with near freezing temps.

I'm gonna have my popcorn ready.

DownwardDawg
11-16-2022, 12:44 PM
I think Arkansas is gonna win.

Ezsoil
11-16-2022, 01:42 PM

Yes but that OM defense is soft as hell

Coach34
11-16-2022, 01:49 PM

lol. They give up one more point per game than we do in conference. They are 4 points better overall. What does that makes us?

Coach34
11-16-2022, 01:52 PM

Rushing D:

State 153 per game
Mississippi 151 per game

Pass D:

State 218 yards per
Mississippi 221 yards per

Coach34
11-16-2022, 01:59 PM
How bout this one

Total Yards given up in 2022:

State 3715

Mississippi 3719

Johnson85
11-16-2022, 02:00 PM
Rushing D:

State 153 per game
Mississippi 151 per game

Pass D:

State 218 yards per

Not that the soft defense comment is correct, but they are posting those stats while getting help from a competent offense (granted in the games our offense was competent we probably burned more clock; not sure if that's enough to make up for all the times it was completely inept). They also have the benefit of trading UGA for Vandy in those per game averages.

All that to say, those stats aren't apples to apples. I think our defense is better. Their defense just needs to be at that level that makes our O shit its pants and they will destroy us. I don't think their D is at that level, so we may move the ball, but they are probably going to have help from the weather.

DownwardDawg
11-16-2022, 02:26 PM

Their defense looked pretty stout when I watched them. I think Arkansas can pound them into submission. We can't do that.

TrapGame
11-16-2022, 02:45 PM
Their defense looked pretty stout when I watched them. I think Arkansas can pound them into submission. We can't do that.

Watch us have one of those WTF games against OM where we run the ball 40% and they can't stop us. And then we all start bitching about why weren't we doing this against LSU and UK.

confucius say
11-16-2022, 04:26 PM
Rushing D:

State 153 per game
Mississippi 151 per game

Pass D:

State 218 yards per

That will look better after this weekend.

But like I've said, our defense isnt very good. For some reason we as a fanbase give it a huge pass. We're 9th in scoring defense. 7th in scoring offense. 6th in total defense. 8th in total offense.
And before anybody says "well our offense keeps our defense on the field all the time," we are 6th in time of possession. Both units are average statistically.

confucius say
11-16-2022, 04:30 PM
Not that the soft defense comment is correct, but they are posting those stats while getting help from a competent offense (granted in the games our offense was competent we probably burned more clock; not sure if that's enough to make up for all the times it was completely inept). They also have the benefit of trading UGA for Vandy in those per game averages.

All that to say, those stats aren't apples to apples. I think our defense is better. Their defense just needs to be at that level that makes our O shit its pants and they will destroy us. I don't think their D is at that level, so we may move the ball, but they are probably going to have help from the weather.

Not just the uga-Vandy swap, they've also played their fcs opponent and we've played Arkansas