PDA

View Full Version : Believe me if you want to but I?m telling the truth

PikeDawg15
11-13-2022, 12:41 AM
They are going to fire Mike Leach if he loses on thanksgiving

Just giving a warning.

That game is his job whether you believe me or not.

WhiskeyPirate
11-13-2022, 12:53 AM
Lol

CadaverDawg
11-13-2022, 01:09 AM
Wish you were right, but no chance. Especially on the road. We're State...we're cool with just being "okay" and getting curb stomped by every solid team we play

viverlibre
11-13-2022, 01:10 AM
Is this from "sources" or just your guess?

Todd4State
11-13-2022, 01:18 AM
I'll maybe believe it if we have an AD then.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 01:45 AM
We know who the Leach haters are rooting for on Thanksgiving. Their fury and rage against this man far outshines their love for Mississippi State.

msu15
11-13-2022, 01:47 AM
It'd have to come from Keenum. I don't think our new AD would have the balls to make that decision, even though it would be warranted. Last time we've had a coach lose 3 straight to them was Felker's last three Egg Bowls and he was rightfully fired for it.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 01:51 AM
It'd have to come from Keenum. I don't think our new AD would have the balls to make that decision, even though it would be warranted. Last time we've had a coach lose 3 straight to them was Felker's last three Egg Bowls and he was rightfully fired for it.

Are you just completely indifferent to the idea that some Ole Miss teams are better than others and losing to a good one is less bad than losing to a bad one? That notion just doesn't register with you at all?

bulldawg28
11-13-2022, 04:23 AM
This team is on the verge of quitting on Leach. Anytime a team is just running the clock out and breaks a long run on the opposing team that other team has quit. Pay attention. I believe we're about to see a Croom type eggbowl when his team said F you Sylvester.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-13-2022, 07:03 AM

Just giving a warning.

Who is coming up with the $16.5 Million?

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-13-2022, 08:20 AM

I'd guess the same people that came up with the money to offer Mullen 6.5M a year to stay back in 2018... which is the same group that found the money to fire JoMO after year 2... which is the same group that ponied up 5.5M to get Leach.

Money people have money, they do not come to Elitedawgs to tell us what they're willing to spend. It's their money, if they value State winning more than they value 16.5M in the bank,, we'll get a new coach. Cant blame them one bit if they keep the cash for themselves though

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 08:30 AM
This team is on the verge of quitting on Leach. Anytime a team is just running the clock out and breaks a long run on the opposing team that other team has quit. Pay attention. I believe we're about to see a Croom type eggbowl when his team said F you Sylvester.

I think you're right.

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 08:32 AM
We know who the Leach haters are rooting for on Thanksgiving. Their fury and rage against this man far outshines their love for Mississippi State.

I've had a belly full of Leach's offense, but I'll never cheer against my beloved bulldogs. I hope we beat them into bloody submission. Then I hope Leach retires which I know he won't.

Catfish
11-13-2022, 08:36 AM

Yup

R2Dawg
11-13-2022, 08:58 AM

There are no Leach haters there are MSU lovers. No one is pulling for OM in anything ever. Some just have a longer tolerance for us sucking than others.

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 09:08 AM
Nobody on this board is cheering for ole miss.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 10:31 AM
Nobody on this board is cheering for ole miss.

Bull. Shit.

MaroonFlounder
11-13-2022, 10:36 AM

Some of the cigar boys are holding back on big NIL donations in preparation for having the buyout $$ to get rid of the pirate.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 10:42 AM
Some of the cigar boys are holding back on big NIL donations in preparation for having the buyout $$ to get rid of the pirate.

Obviously false and would be incredibly stupid if true. Imagine what kind of recruiting/transfer haul we would get this offseason with an extra $16 million in the NIL pool.

DownwardDawg
11-13-2022, 10:43 AM
Bull. Shit.

I have trouble believing that. Just because you want to say it, doesn't mean it's true.

Who are they?

Really Clark?
11-13-2022, 10:46 AM

You keep quoting that figure, have you actually seen the buyout clauses in his contract? Every indication I've received is he doesn't get a fully guaranteed buyout equal to what he would have made over the next 3 years.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 10:47 AM
I have trouble believing that. Just because you want to say it, doesn't mean it's true.

Who are they?

Just because you say it's not true doesn't mean it's false. It's very clear that a lot of this board hates Leach on a personal, non-football level and will do anything to see him fired. People have been excitedly posting about the idea of Ole Miss not only beating us, now they're all starting to smugly dream of us getting blown out.

MaroonFlounder
11-13-2022, 10:59 AM
Obviously false and would be incredibly stupid if true. Imagine what kind of recruiting/transfer haul we would get this offseason with an extra $16 million in the NIL pool.

I know one of them personally. He is BDC only until we get a coach that has a grasp on what he wants to run offensively.

Leach still coaches like he thinks what worked in the Big12 and PAC 12 will work in the SEC.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 11:22 AM
I know one of them personally. He is BDC only until we get a coach that has a grasp on what he wants to run offensively.

Tell your buddy he's part of the problem and not part of the solution. And to get over himself.

AROB44
11-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Tell your buddy he's part of the problem and not part of the solution. And to get over himself.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Quaoarsking again.

viverlibre
11-13-2022, 12:44 PM
There are no Leach haters there are MSU lovers. No one is pulling for OM in anything ever. Some just have a longer tolerance for us sucking than others.

This is not the Croom error. No one is cheering for OM to win to get Leach fired (but plenty of folks wanted OM to beat us to get Croom fired). With the right QB and a little tweaking, this offense could be very exciting and I think most see that.

IMissJack
11-13-2022, 02:21 PM
So Cohen could see what?s going to happen, and took the easy way out?? It feels like he already folded on our future with Leach and got out.

sandjunky
11-13-2022, 02:22 PM

Why? It?s his ****ing money - he can put whatever stipulation on it he pleases just like I can with my money

Opus007
11-13-2022, 02:28 PM
Should I have Turkey or Prime Rib for Dinner "

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 02:29 PM
Why? It?s his ****ing money - he can put whatever stipulation on it he pleases just like I can with my money

I didn't say he couldn't? He can give $0 to anything if he wants.

But if he's withholding money from the school over his own pissy fits, he gives up the right to also complain about the results on the field since he's hurting the team rather than helping it.

sandjunky
11-13-2022, 02:34 PM
How is ye withholding money if he is still giving it BDC as stated earlier?
Anything above and beyond that is lagniappe

Cooterpoot
11-13-2022, 02:50 PM
If the team flips on Leach or we see a huge number of transfers, we still won't fire Leach unless we have a new AD before December. We'd be so far behind on coaching search we'd be dead in the water. Eggbowl won't matter either. It's all about that AD hire right now.

99jc
11-13-2022, 03:04 PM

Just giving a warning.

you want to put 5k on it!

Coach34
11-13-2022, 04:01 PM
Whats funny to me is that most of the hardline Leach supporters seem to be Center-left with their politics.

Personally, I like the guy. He has an oddball sense of humor and a dry wit. My personality is similar to someone like a Chevy Chase so I get it. Leach's response to the eye candy working as a sideline reporter last night at halftime about the officiating was brilliant.

I just dislike his offensive hardheadedness. Throw the ball....be good at what you do...to get overcomplicated...I get it. But the SEC is a LOS league and to win that you have to run the ball some more. It's just a fact

Catfish
11-13-2022, 05:22 PM
Whats funny to me is that most of the hardline Leach supporters seem to be Center-left with their politics.

Personally, I like the guy. He has an oddball sense of humor and a dry wit. My personality is similar to someone like a Chevy Chase so I get it. Leach's response to the eye candy working as a sideline reporter last night at halftime about the officiating was brilliant.

I just dislike his offensive hardheadedness. Throw the ball....be good at what you do...to get overcomplicated...I get it. But the SEC is a LOS league and to win that you have to run the ball some more. It's just a fact

Center-left?

Wink&aPrayer
11-13-2022, 05:36 PM
From what I gathered during the Ark game in 2008 sitting w/a bunch of drunk cigar boys....Croom's fate was sealed long before the Egg Bowl. Still, we beat Ark that game. I thought Croom maybe give 2009 bc of the game and was shut up pretty quick.

dawgday166
11-13-2022, 05:37 PM
Center-left?

Yea ... LOL. That's what I thought too.

My complaints with Leach ain't the offense. My main complaint is personnel. Outside of the RBs, our offensive skill players ain't tough. Will don't wanna get hit, receivers don't wanna get hit or be physical, etc. Harvey is the toughest skill player we have (not including RBs).

My other concern and maybe complaint ... Leach ain't a present day coach not because of his offense, but because he's old school and not a psychological motivator type coach. Leach is just a "do you job" coach. He doesn't pat players on the back at all, and while he is critical, he used to be more vocal about it, but he's gotten into trouble for it.

Kiffin is more of a present day coach, more of a motivator. Kiffin got his guys up to play hard yesterday and fight. OM is a good team but Bama sleep walked thru that game yesterday, except when they needed to dominate a play or 2 or 3 ... then they did. They could've done the same thing to OM that LSU did if they had really wanted to.

Ultimately it all rolls up to Leach tho. Whether it's motivation, skill player toughness, offense, or whatever. If Arnett's D sucked that's on Leach to fix too.

yjnkdawg
11-13-2022, 06:29 PM

That's total BS. As soon as some on here heard we were going to hire or had hired CML, the pitchforks were out in full force, and it became more of an agenda to prove he shouldn't be here and/or wanted him to fail.

dawgday166
11-13-2022, 06:42 PM
That's total BS. As soon as some on here heard we were going to hire or had hired CML, the pitchforks were out in full force, and it became more of an agenda to prove he shouldn't be here and/or wanted him to fail.

Dis is tru.

EdwardDrayton
11-13-2022, 06:58 PM
Saying the outcome of a single game determines his future is too simplistic.

WhiskeyPirate
11-13-2022, 07:02 PM
Yea ... LOL. That's what I thought too.

My complaints with Leach ain't the offense. My main complaint is personnel. Outside of the RBs, our offensive skill players ain't tough. Will don't wanna get hit, receivers don't wanna get hit or be physical, etc. Harvey is the toughest skill player we have (not including RBs).

My other concern and maybe complaint ... Leach ain't a present day coach not because of his offense, but because he's old school and not a psychological motivator type coach. Leach is just a "do you job" coach. He doesn't pat players on the back at all, and while he is critical, he used to be more vocal about it, but he's gotten into trouble for it.

Kiffin is more of a present day coach, more of a motivator. Kiffin got his guys up to play hard yesterday and fight. OM is a good team but Bama sleep walked thru that game yesterday, except when they needed to dominate a play or 2 or 3 ... then they did. They could've done the same thing to OM that LSU did if they had really wanted to.

Ultimately it all rolls up to Leach tho. Whether it's motivation, skill player toughness, offense, or whatever. If Arnett's D sucked that's on Leach to fix too.

Ducking is the softest receiver we have, Harvey the toughest. Will is soft . I don’t see any problem with the defense they are good and made the stops but the officials intervened several times.

We have four losses, three of those we aren’t winning no matter who is coaching.

Next year there will be enough wins with a soft schedule Leach can retire here if he wants, it’s his third full season and fourth if you count COVID. The program will start arcing up when the more talented qbs get on the field and the offensive line is fully built.

The agenda driven people will still bitch, but even now they are a very small minority.

basedog
11-13-2022, 07:06 PM
I for one wasn’t crazy bout the hire. Seems he has underachieved, we haven’t improved or gotten better especially this year. 7-5 isn’t all bad, I hope we win our bowl game. Also I have never pulled against us nor wanted us to lose. I just don’t have confidence in the offense.

Hail State!

P.s. I wasn’t crazy bout Jans when he was named HC, changed my mine after a 3-0 start. Love his “let’s get after the opponent”. Jans can Coach pretty easy to see. I know basketball, LOL but true.

WhiskeyPirate
11-13-2022, 07:12 PM
Center-left?

What’s funny about that, Leach got some flak from some liberal media types on the other site because he spoke at a Trump event in Washington.

At WSU his only detractors came about because he spoke at a Trump event and the hard core leftists won’t forgive him. People that respect a Leach off the field tend to be libertarian, free thinkers, conservatives

Ignorance abounds

dawgday166
11-13-2022, 07:18 PM
I for one wasn?t crazy bout the hire. Seems he has underachieved, we haven?t improved or gotten better especially this year. 7-5 isn?t all bad, I hope we win our bowl game. Also I have never pulled against us nor wanted us to lose. I just don?t have confidence in the offense.

Hail State!

P.s. I wasn?t crazy bout Jans when he was named HC, changed my mine after a 3-0 start. Love his ?let?s get after the opponent?. Jans can Coach pretty easy to see. I know basketball, LOL but true.

It's still very early with Jans but I see some good stuff. But ... I saw flashes with Howland a few times too. Seven would hire him back tomorrow ****

7 or so years ago when Kirby went 6-6 at Ga everyone on here was laughing at him. I said it's his 1st year give him some time. Of course it didn't take him long but he started with a lot more talent too.

3 years ago when Kiffin was hired everyone was laughing at that. I said I thought he was a good coach and the only thing that has held him back is personal decisions or actions. I actually would've preferred Kiffin myself but he isn't a good fit for Starkville and would be gone quick as a blink if he had years like you're seeing at OM and upper tier programs came at him with offers. He is a pretty good fit up at Oxford tho. We'll see what he does when he gets some good offers. I think he'll be very selective since he's been around the block a little and has seen some admins, boosters, and such.

I'm just ready for the next FB coach so I can say "Woohoo, we gonna win SEC now boys" with everyone else on here ****

was21
11-13-2022, 07:22 PM
Center left? Hell they're probably Qanon if not worse.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 07:30 PM
Seems he has underachieved

I'm just not seeing this at all. He's won several games (2020 LSU, 2020 Missouri, 2020 Tulsa, 2021 Texas A&M, 2021 Auburn, 2022 Texas A&M, 2022 Arkansas, etc.) against teams who fully expected to beat us, games that a lot of people here figured we'd lose.

basedog
11-13-2022, 07:33 PM
It's still very early with Jans but I see some good stuff. But ... I saw flashes with Howland a few times too. Seven would hire him back tomorrow ****

7 or so years ago when Kirby went 6-6 at Ga everyone on here was laughing at him. I said it's his 1st year give him some time. Of course it didn't take him long but he started with a lot more talent too.

3 years ago when Kiffin was hired everyone was laughing at that. I said I thought he was a good coach and the only thing that has held him back is personal decisions or actions. I actually would've preferred Kiffin myself but he isn't a good fit for Starkville and would be gone quick as a blink if he had years like you're seeing at OM and upper tier programs came at him with offers. He is a pretty good fit up at Oxford tho. We'll see what he does when he gets some good offers. I think he'll be very selective since he's been around the block a little and has seen some admins, boosters, and such.

I'm just ready for the next FB coach so I can say "Woohoo, we gonna win SEC now boys" with everyone else on here ****

Kiffin has proven he can Coach.

Jans can Coach, yes it’s early and it’s gonna be about recruiting moving forward. He was Jr College connections and that may help.

basedog
11-13-2022, 07:36 PM
I'm just not seeing this at all. He's won several games (2020 LSU, 2020 Missouri, 2020 Tulsa, 2021 Texas A&M, 2021 Auburn, 2022 Texas A&M, 2022 Arkansas, etc.) against teams who fully expected to beat us, games that a lot of people here figured we'd lose.

Isn’t he 17-17? He surely hasn’t overachieved. I hope he succeeds and I’m wrong.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 07:59 PM
Isn’t he 17-17? He surely hasn’t overachieved. I hope he succeeds and I’m wrong.

I think there's a band of several games in between "overachievement" and "underachievement." It's not an either/or, and it's also possible to do both (such as Memphis 2021, and it's looking more and more like Kentucky 2022 too)

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2022, 08:09 PM

I will give you LSU 2020, aTm 2021, Auburn 2021, but not Mizzou, Tulsa or Ark/aTm 2022. I believe we were favored in all of those. Leach has not won a big game yet this year. He can flip that script though Thanksgiving night.

Coach34
11-13-2022, 09:01 PM

Beats the BlueAnon crowd

Coach34
11-13-2022, 09:03 PM

Q-King and WhiskeyPirate are true blue

War Machine Dawg
11-13-2022, 09:14 PM
Q-King and WhiskeyPirate are true blue

Don't leave out Beardo. He's the biggest Commie on the board.

Coach34
11-13-2022, 09:20 PM

Beardo is a solid dude he just has strange beliefs

msstate7
11-13-2022, 09:45 PM

My boy beardo is left for sure, but he's great.

BeardoMSU
11-13-2022, 10:07 PM

Lol...sure, dude.

BeardoMSU
11-13-2022, 10:10 PM
Beardo is a solid dude he just has strange beliefs

Only because I don't share your affinity for steak and ketchup!!***

Thanks, bud!

Commercecomet24
11-13-2022, 10:34 PM

This. He's one of the best posters and the funniest dude on here for sure!

State82
11-13-2022, 10:41 PM

Without a doubt.

Coach34
11-13-2022, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=BeardoMSU;1468232]Only because I don't share your affinity for steak and ketchup!!***

Jake Wim and I back to back dying on that hill.

MaroonFlounder
11-14-2022, 01:24 PM
I think some of our WRs are dropping passes on purpose because they want our politically conservative coach to move on or get fired.

They are malcontents and Leach doesn't even know it.

Percho
11-14-2022, 01:46 PM
Ain't it great we are not all the same?????????

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 01:56 PM
I think some of our WRs are dropping passes on purpose because they want our politically conservative coach to move on or get fired.

I heard that it they were dropping passes because they are hardcore monarchists and WR is a huge Gavrilo Princip fanboy**

StarkVegasSteve
11-14-2022, 01:57 PM
If we fire Leach, and that is a gigantic if because I do not believe it happens, then that means this plan was in motion weeks ago and Cohen and Keenum had already identified 2 to 3 potential candidates. The call would now have to come from Keenum and although he does love MSU I highly doubt he makes that decision just on his own.

msu15
11-14-2022, 02:27 PM
I heard that it they were dropping passes because they are hardcore monarchists and WR is a huge Gavrilo Princip fanboy**

Ok this one was funny lololololl. Rep

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 02:43 PM
If we fire Leach, and that is a gigantic if because I do not believe it happens, then that means this plan was in motion weeks ago and Cohen and Keenum had already identified 2 to 3 potential candidates. The call would now have to come from Keenum and although he does love MSU I highly doubt he makes that decision just on his own.

If the rumor is true that Leach told Cohen he was thinking about retiring before the season started then the wheels have been in motion. Interest in the job has been gauged through agents and we have three or four guys right now that are ready for interviews.

As of right now, I'm betting Leach retires. It will be officially announced the Saturday after the Egg. And this is whether we win or not.

HancockCountyDog
11-14-2022, 02:46 PM
I didn't think we would fire JM after winning the 2019 egg bowl, but we did, so I'm not counting anything out.

If we lose big, I do think it will be an interesting few days after the game.

If we lose close, I don't see it happening. If we win, he ain't going anywhere.

BeardoMSU
11-14-2022, 02:48 PM
I didn't think we would fire JM after winning the 2019 egg bowl, but we did, so I'm not counting anything out.

We fired him after the embarrassing bowl game display.

Extendedcab
11-14-2022, 02:57 PM

WTF - seriously? They are cutting their own throat draft wise! Very short sighted position if true!

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 03:07 PM
We fired him after the embarrassing bowl game display.

Well, we only won the Egg b/c of the shear stupidity of an ole miss player.

yjnkdawg
11-14-2022, 03:28 PM

If we lose big, I do think it will be an interesting few days after the game.

If we lose close, I don't see it happening. If we win, he ain't going anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that JoMo was fired due to disciplinary issues and the culture our football program had become.

PMDawg
11-14-2022, 03:42 PM

Just giving a warning.

If we make decisions like that, then we deserve the Croom years again. Anyone who makes Ole Miss our measuring stick isn't qualified to be in administration. Either we're headed in the right direction, or we're not. One game (or even 3) against Ole Miss has no bearing on that.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2022, 03:55 PM
I have no idea if we are going to fire him or not this year if he loses. I do know that losing three straight Egg Bowls almost certainly isn't survivable. I think only one coach has ever directly survived it, and he was fired eventually. My guess is we didn't have the money to buy him out at the time. That could be the situation we are in this time.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2022, 03:56 PM
If we make decisions like that, then we deserve the Croom years again. Anyone who makes Ole Miss our measuring stick isn't qualified to be in administration. Either we're headed in the right direction, or we're not. One game (or even 3) against Ole Miss has no bearing on that.

They aren't the measuring stick, but they ARE the floor.

Cooterpoot
11-14-2022, 03:57 PM
Mike Leach isn't getting fired short of pulling a Richard Williams. You guys can forget it.

dawgday166
11-14-2022, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty sure that JoMo was fired due to disciplinary issues and the culture our football program had become.

Bingo. Probably would've pulled the trigger earlier if JoMo hadn't been in only his 2nd year. The bowl game fiasco gave Cohen (and whoever else) the out they needed to pull the trigger.

dawgday166
11-14-2022, 04:00 PM
They aren't the measuring stick, but they ARE the floor.

LOL ... how is what you just said not "the measuring stick". You'd be happy if we were 0-11 going into the EB and then we won it. God forbid we should hit "the floor".

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2022, 04:00 PM
Well, we only won the Egg b/c of the shear stupidity of an ole miss player.

That was the BEST Egg Bowl win EVERY, seriously. It was glorious.

Liverpooldawg
11-14-2022, 04:02 PM
LOL ... how is what you just said not "the measuring stick". You'd be happy if we were 0-11 going into the EB and then we won it. God forbid we should hit "the floor".

Because you can beat Ole Miss and still get fired. If you lose to them every single year you are going to get fired because that is the minimum to even have the measuring stick applied. If it was THE measuring stick JoMo would still be here now. Even if he never beat them again, he would be up to bat with two strikes this year.

Turfdawg67
11-14-2022, 04:41 PM
WTF - seriously? They are cutting their own throat draft wise! Very short sighted position if true!

Delete - Wrong post

Turfdawg67
11-14-2022, 04:46 PM

We are in the era of the "conspiracy". I feel for you ppl, I really do.

TUSK
11-14-2022, 04:56 PM

Dude, there hasn't been a draft since 1972.

PMDawg
11-14-2022, 07:13 PM
I'm not a Leach fan, but I don't believe he will be fired. I don't think there's enough to justify it either. He's ok, but not great. I don't love that he's our coach, but he is, and he will be next year, unless he leaves or retires. I'll support him and the team.

msu15
11-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Dude, there hasn't been a draft since 1972.

I'm reading this a small shot towards our inability to have a receiver drafted since Clinton was in office. If I'm right, F U! If I'm wrong, carry on.

parabrave
11-14-2022, 09:08 PM
I'm reading this a small shot towards our inability to have a receiver drafted since Clinton was in office. If I'm right, F U! If I'm wrong, carry on.

Think TUSK is talking about the draft that gave you a chance to travel to an exotic country for a year/

msu15
11-14-2022, 09:17 PM
Think TUSK is talking about the draft that gave you a chance to travel to an exotic country for a year/
Haha for sure just knowing Tusk, always got to watch out for those sideswipes.

Goldendawg
11-14-2022, 09:17 PM

If so, I hope Cohen was in no way involved! He of the 58 point checklist at AU. BTW, he said a day or two ago that he will make the HC decision. Mr. Cohen, Yellawood on line One! Hail State!

Goldendawg
11-14-2022, 09:23 PM

It will not be because of a 3rd straight loss to OM. It could be because of how terrible our boring, predictable, disappearing act of an offense has looked in every loss, and even a win in the AU game.

Turfdawg67
11-14-2022, 10:18 PM

I thought at first he was quoting Stripes... but that line was:

Pvt: ...I thought I better join before I got drafted."
Sgt Hulka: "Son, there ain't no draft no more."
Pvt: "There was one?"

Coach34
11-14-2022, 10:24 PM
Mike Leach isn't getting fired short of pulling a Richard Williams. You guys can forget it.

I agree with you that its highly unlikely. But here is what I know:

A) Leach is considering walking away
B) We have Boosters talking between each other about donating to his buyout or a care package to walk away

PikeDawg15
11-14-2022, 11:16 PM
I agree with you that its highly unlikely. But here is what I know:

A) Leach is considering walking away
B) We have Boosters talking between each other about donating to his buyout or a care package to walk away

Was not told about part A but part B is true .

We have boosters that have hated Leach since Cohen hired him. There was a small minority that wanted him gone after year 1.

The reason I?m very confident in my statement starting the thread is because it?s 2 different bulldog club members saying that.

Hopefully we do win the egg bowl though and it does work out.

Both of the BDC members were the ones all in on Billy Napier but of course he turned it down.

Quaoarsking
11-14-2022, 11:29 PM
Both of the BDC members were the ones all in on Billy Napier but of course he turned it down.

LOL, maybe those 2 should sit this one out. Most of these mid-major heroes fail at the big stage: Just in the last few years, people had high hopes for all of these coaches who went bust - Chad Morris, Justin Fuente, Bryan Harsin, Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, Willie Taggart, Scott Frost, Al Golden, Gary Andersen (twice), Mike MacIntyre (except for the one year), Bronco Mendenhall, Mike London, Randy Edsall, Tom Herman, and that's just who I thought of off the top of my head in a minute. Neal Brown and Eli Drinkwitz are headed there, with Mike Norvell and Billy Napier fairly likely going there too.

If we can hire a proven P5 head coach like Mike Gundy, then absolutely fire Leach tomorrow. But short of that, "mid major roulette" is a long shot to even get us back to the Mullen/Leach 7-5 average, much less improve on it.

Pancho
11-15-2022, 07:06 AM
what about Todd Monken? No idea if he wants to be a HC though.

duncflydawg
11-15-2022, 04:07 PM
If so, I hope Cohen was in no way involved! He of the 58 point checklist at AU. BTW, he said a day or two ago that he will make the HC decision. Mr. Cohen, Yellawood on line One! Hail State!

Good news is it was only a 56 point checklist for our hire.

Percho
11-15-2022, 05:24 PM
Was not told about part A but part B is true .

We have boosters that have hated Leach since Cohen hired him. There was a small minority that wanted him gone after year 1.

The reason I?m very confident in my statement starting the thread is because it?s 2 different bulldog club members saying that.

Hopefully we do win the egg bowl though and it does work out.

Billy Napier 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

Mike Leach 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

I wonder how they feel today? Probably would still take Billy.

Bass Chaser
11-15-2022, 05:56 PM
what about Todd Monken? No idea if he wants to be a HC though.

I think he hates recruiting.

PikeDawg15
11-15-2022, 05:57 PM
Billy Napier 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

Mike Leach 2022 6-4 PCT .600 Conf 3-4 PCT .429

I wonder how they feel today? Probably would still take Billy.

In defense of Napier, it is his first year and yes he has good talent currently but his teams are putting up a fight and looking competent on the offensive side of the ball.

Ever since the Kentucky game which was game 2 for napier, his offense hasnt looked dumb and unwatchable at any point unless you consider the Georgia game, but even then its year 1 and its against UGA

He has obviously improved their recruiting over what mullen was doing and I think he will be a solid 9-10 win coach for Florida until they fire him for only winning 9 or 10 games

State made Napier so no multiple times with really good offers money wise.

Only problem was that Napier knew he could just wait for a bigger job like Florida instead of taking this. I think Napier wouldve been way better than moorhead in 2018 but he wasnt near ready for that yet.

I remember some talk also about Steve Sarkisian but he also waited out for bigger and got texas.