PDA

View Full Version : Not even competitive

msu15
11-12-2022, 10:45 PM
We can't cover in the secondary, can't consistently catch the football, can't protect, refuse to try to run the football, slow at linebacker, can't punt for more than 35 yards, our recruiting is trending down, and we offer no variation to our offensive play calling against any one with a pulse on the other side even though we returned more starters than anybody in the SEC. Other than that though Leach has us going in the right direction.

vindastra
11-12-2022, 10:47 PM
Punt returns are trending up ***

tcdog70
11-12-2022, 10:51 PM
Dude, It was a 5 point game at half vs #1 team.. and the Refs 17ed us out of a fumble recovery.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-12-2022, 11:02 PM
Lets tally the bad calls:

+1 UGA: State drive ends because the refs missed a roughing the passer call.

+2 UGA: gets a FG after the fumble was ruled down by progress on the quickest "forward progress" call in the history of the sport.

+1 UGA: State gets 1st and goal after a BS PI was called on UGA. We kicked a FG, and were in FG range when the call was made so it probably didnt' affect the score.

+2 UGA: On 2nd and short Bennett very clearly grounded, but the refs said he was outside the tackle box. WHile he did leave the tackle box earlier i nthe play, he drifted back in before he threw it. What should have been 3rd and long turned into 3rd and 3, which UGA converted and went on to score a TD.

+3 UGA: Out of the half UGA had a big TD run, but our safety was blocked in the back. No call.

+4 UGA: We stopped thme on 3rd and 8 but a phantom PI was called on us. UGA went on to score. Call was so bad the announcers were silent on replay- didn't even try to justify it.

+3 UGA: State gets bailed the **** out on the worst roughing the kicker call I've ever seen. Barely any contact and it was not a 15 yarder. State drives but no points.

+4 UGA: Bennett makes a bad pass, the WR commits OPI to break up the INT. Offense always gets away with this, but it was definitely OPI.

Im sure I missed a lot. But UGA was GIFTED at least 10 points, and almost every drive was mired by bad calls. It was made abundantly clear very early in the game we were not going to have a real chance to win.

Despite ALL that, we were down 5 at halftime, and it was close until Forbes ran into the kicker on the PAT. That and the late garbage time TD made it look less competitive than it was.

TNDawg35
11-12-2022, 11:11 PM
And we also dropped Atleast one TD. Not to Mention the several other drops including the 2 point conversion. May as well also add in the complete misses by our QB who has decided he can’t hit the broadside of a barn sometimes.

I though we actually played better tonight.

WhiskeyPirate
11-12-2022, 11:15 PM
Dude, It was a 5 point game at half vs #1 team.. and the Refs 17ed us out of a fumble recovery.

Exactly , obvious to any real,fan with a pulse

But OP has an agenda. You know these overweight peewee coaches are experts.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 01:37 AM
Yeah, anyone who actually watched the game isn't going to say "not even competitive." We didn't execute very well, but it was a much better performance than we had against Kentucky, arguably against Auburn too.

tribaldawg
11-13-2022, 08:43 AM
We can't cover in the secondary, can't consistently catch the football, can't protect, refuse to try to run the football, slow at linebacker, can't punt for more than 35 yards, our recruiting is trending down, and we offer no variation to our offensive play calling against any one with a pulse on the other side even though we returned more starters than anybody in the SEC. Other than that though Leach has us going in the right direction.

Not competitive? Tell me you don?t understand football without telling me you don?t understand football.

msstate7
11-13-2022, 08:46 AM
We had 153 yards midway through the 3rd quarter.

msstate7
11-13-2022, 08:49 AM
We haven't beat the spread or covered in a month

R2Dawg
11-13-2022, 08:53 AM
Yeah, anyone who actually watched the game isn't going to say "not even competitive." We didn't execute very well, but it was a much better performance than we had against Kentucky, arguably against Auburn too.

We competed and played hard.

When does the "we didn't execute" get old? Everything about this game is the same stuff every week and every year.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-13-2022, 08:59 AM
We had 153 yards midway through the 3rd quarter.

The TEAM was competitive with the #1 team in the country at the half. Hell, well into the 3rd we were giving them more than they wanted. The score is a TEAM result, and the score was close.

If you want to isolate the offense, no they did not pull their weight. They were not awful, but Rara dropped big passes, Will clammed up under pressure like he always does and stared down receivers, and his lack of athleticism really hurt us. I'm ready for a change at QB and HC. Hwever, the TEAM as a whole kept the score close, and thus the TEAM as a whole was competitive.

Matt3467
11-13-2022, 09:08 AM
Yes there were bad calls and we were close at the half because of special teams. Will Rogers was awful but when he was able to somehow get the ball to the receivers they forgot how to catch. Oline played very well. Running backs can't make anyone miss. I've never seen our talent level this low across the board. We have no speed at linebacker and for the first time in a while no studs on the Dline.

msstate7
11-13-2022, 09:34 AM
The TEAM was competitive with the #1 team in the country at the half. Hell, well into the 3rd we were giving them more than they wanted. The score is a TEAM result, and the score was close.

If you want to isolate the offense, no they did not pull their weight. They were not awful, but Rara dropped big passes, Will clammed up under pressure like he always does and stared down receivers, and his lack of athleticism really hurt us. I'm ready for a change at QB and HC. Hwever, the TEAM as a whole kept the score close, and thus the TEAM as a whole was competitive.

We're 1-3 in our last 4 games. We've underperformed in all 4 using Vegas lines. We haven't broken 400 yards or 5 yds/play in any of those games. You're right... we killing it

MoreCowbell
11-13-2022, 09:37 AM
Not a ref guy but we got hosed on at least 2 occasions. Was closer game than score

Offshore Dawg
11-13-2022, 09:39 AM
State doesn't have the players to beat the big boys. Three stars will not beat 5 stars very often. Until a lot more money goes into MSU's NIL fund this is the way it will always be.

msstate7
11-13-2022, 09:44 AM
ED reasoning...

LSU 45 (home team)
OM 20
This was a blow out

Georgia 45 (road team)
State 19
Really competitive game

Personally, I think both were blow outs

PikeDawg15
11-13-2022, 09:45 AM
State doesn't have the players to beat the big boys. Three stars will not beat 5 stars very often. Until a lot more money goes into MSU's NIL fund this is the way it will always be.

It should be good enough to score more than 10 offensive points against Kentucky though.

Vanderbilt did that.

LC Dawg
11-13-2022, 10:47 AM
Our offense is not very good. There is no argument against that. I don't know if it ever can be consistently good but it's obviously not right now. I tried focusing on our receivers a few times last night and they don't seem to be open very often. Rogers often had plenty of time and still rushed the throw. A few times he felt pressure and rolled out but only wanted to throw the ball out of bounds. The receivers body language after a lot of series was pretty telling to me.
It was very frustrating to watch.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 10:52 AM
Our offense is not very good. There is no argument against that. I don't know if it ever can be consistently good but it's obviously not right now. I tried focusing on our receivers a few times last night and they don't seem to be open very often. Rogers often had plenty of time and still rushed the throw. A few times he felt pressure and rolled out but only wanted to throw the ball out of bounds. The receivers body language after a lot of series was pretty telling to me.
It was very frustrating to watch.

Time to load up on NIL and find new receivers in the portal. I think Leach is pretty frustrated with them too.

VandelayIndustries
11-13-2022, 10:55 AM
Time to load up on NIL and find new receivers in the portal. I think Leach is pretty frustrated with them too.

And new QB

WhiskeyPirate
11-13-2022, 10:59 AM
And new QB

We need to look for a grad transfer that played in a similar offense. Minshew came from east Carolina state, picked ip the offense in a few months and was one of the best qbs in the country. it can be done.

Quaoarsking
11-13-2022, 11:21 AM
And new QB

Sure. We should be willing to upgrade any position or player.

tcdog70
11-13-2022, 01:22 PM
We're 1-3 in our last 4 games. We've underperformed in all 4 using Vegas lines. We haven't broken 400 yards or 5 yds/play in any of those games. You're right... we killing it

At the start of the season. Most thought we,would be 7-3 at best . We blew Kentucky for sure. So now we are 6-4 with a chance to be 8-4. Why is everyone acting like we are so bad. You rant in several post everyday. Shit, I think we can be 8-4 and then win the bowl for 9 wins?how many Coaches have done that at MSU. Quit 17ing whining. You could be an A&M fan, then crying would be justified.

msstate7
11-13-2022, 01:35 PM
At the start of the season. Most thought we,would be 7-3 at best . We blew Kentucky for sure. So now we are 6-4 with a chance to be 8-4. Why is everyone acting like we are so bad. You rant in several post everyday. Shit, I think we can be 8-4 and then win the bowl for 9 wins?how many Coaches have done that at MSU. Quit 17ing whining. You could be an A&M fan, then crying would be justified.

Losing is one thing, but total offensive regression is quite another when your HC is an offensive guy

TNDawg35
11-13-2022, 01:37 PM

Didn’t you know we were a juggernut before Leach got here and he is destroying our program…***

Hell that’s what people act like. We have never won shit in football and people act like we are LSU or something. We are 6-4 and have lost to Bama, UGA, LSU (who are all top 10) and Ky. Yes KY was frustrating but if Will had played a Galway decent game we win.

Leach has kept us at our all time normal in wins. Some people act like we are winning 1-2 games a year.

Goldendawg
11-13-2022, 01:48 PM
Didn’t you know we were a juggernut before Leach got here and he is destroying our program…***

Hell that’s what people act like. We have never won shit in football and people act like we are LSU or something. We are 6-4 and have lost to Bama, UGA, LSU (who are all top 10) and Ky. Yes KY was frustrating but if Will had played a Galway decent game we win.

Leach has kept us at our all time normal in wins. Some people act like we are winning 1-2 games a year.

I think to many it's not the losses, but how we have looked offensively in those losses, sometimes even in wins as AU.

TrapGame
11-13-2022, 01:59 PM
And new QB

Seriously, if there's a good mobile QB in the portal that fits the air raid scheme Leach and co. need to go after him HARD. Unfortunately, WR has reached his ceiling in this offense and I don't know what the hell is going on with Sawyer.

sandjunky
11-13-2022, 02:11 PM
Seriously, if there's a good mobile QB in the portal that fits the air raid scheme Leach and co. need to go after him HARD. Unfortunately, WR has reached his ceiling in this offense and I don't know what the hell is going on with Sawyer.

Sawyer going to transfer to some B12 team, be dominant and get drafted

PikeDawg15
11-13-2022, 02:16 PM

This is tcu qb?s last year , I could see Sonny dykes coming after sawyer.

WhiskeyPirate
11-13-2022, 02:18 PM

Leach will never have a hard time getting qbs , it would only be a problem because of sawyers experience

sandjunky
11-13-2022, 02:27 PM
Leach will never have a hard time getting qbs , it would only be a problem because of sawyers experience

Here?s the deal
Sawyer transfers out
Will?s the qb next year (breaks all the records - yay for individualism)
Leach loses number 4 to om
Leach won?t be here to bring in another Qb

PGHBulldogBG
11-13-2022, 08:02 PM
That UK game definitely put a damper on the season. Losing to top 10 LSU, Bama and UGA is not the issue. We would probably be ranked around #18 if we could have just taken care of business against UK, but we play awful on the road. I could be wrong, but I think the season would overall be viewed different by rational Miss State fans if we beat UK and had a 7-3 record. I am hoping Ark beats Ole Miss so that if we beat them we can get the Outback or Gator bowl. I think UF and Ole Miss will be our main bowl competition if Ark can beat Ole Miss.

sandjunky
11-13-2022, 08:30 PM
That UK game definitely put a damper on the season. Losing to top 10 LSU, Bama and UGA is not the issue. We would probably be ranked around #18 if we could have just taken care of business against UK, but we play awful on the road. I could be wrong, but I think the season would overall be viewed different by rational Miss State fans if we beat UK and had a 7-3 record. I am hoping Ark beats Ole Miss so that if we beat them we can get the Outback or Gator bowl. I think UF and Ole Miss will be our main bowl competition if Ark can beat Ole Miss.
It?s amazing that we refer to LSU as a top 10 team - yes now so maybe - but when we played them that was not a top 10 team

msstate7
11-13-2022, 09:43 PM
It?s amazing that we refer to LSU as a top 10 team - yes now so maybe - but when we played them that was not a top 10 team

Our bad loss put them in Atlanta

tcdog70
11-14-2022, 11:38 AM
Our bad loss put them in Atlanta

a bad loss--right--because teams go into Death valley and win all the time. Why not look up our record in the past of wins in Death Valley. The fact that some people thought we were going to cruze into baton Rouge and beat a team loaded with 4-5 star players in their home stadium-proves those folks were idiots. them Beating Ole Miss and Bama actually put them in Atlanta.

msstate7
11-14-2022, 11:41 AM
a bad loss--right--because teams go into Death valley and win all the time. Why not look up our record in the past of wins in Death Valley. The fact that some people thought we were going to cruze into baton Rouge and beat a team loaded with 4-5 star players in their home stadium-proves those folks were idiots. them Beating Ole Miss and Bama actually put them in Atlanta.

Again, at the time we played them, they weren't good. They have came a long way after Tenn embarrassed them. If we played them now at tiger stadium, we'd tap out at halftime

TrapGame
11-14-2022, 11:44 AM

Let's see how off I am.

SR portals to Nebraska with a new head coach with an air raid pedigree and looks outstanding in that offense.

sandjunky
11-14-2022, 12:34 PM

Past performance does not equate to future performance - just a loser?s attitude to say welp we?ve always sucked there so let?s give the team a pass

That game was there for the taking but our team decided to choke on a bag of corn dogs

yjnkdawg
11-14-2022, 03:51 PM

Some on this board apparently have never experienced Death Valley at night. It is an intimidating place to play.