PDA

View Full Version : OT: Who else ignores a call from 662-325-XXXX

mjh94
11-27-2013, 09:00 AM
jesus they call all the time, even when I have already made my pledge.

thf24
11-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Same here. I feel a little bad for not even answering, but it's getting a little obnoxious.

civildawg
11-27-2013, 09:08 AM
i ignore it every time. They call me at the weirdest hours. Last night I got the call around 9:00 at night

quickstrike2
11-27-2013, 09:09 AM
I do. They are persistent.

MaroonBandAlum
11-27-2013, 09:34 AM
I get at least 3 calls a week. I've stopped answering.

mjh94
11-27-2013, 09:58 AM
i got called yesterday THREE TIMES, once at 5:20, 6:30, and at 7:45. i answered the last one just to get it over with and nobody on the other side said anything, wth?

MafiaDawg
11-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Same thing happened to me, but I finally answered and said I will make my bulldog club pledge in January, and then the calls stopped.

GrooGruxDawg
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
jesus they call all the time, even when I have already made my pledge.
You may be getting calls for other funds if that is the case. The bulldog club and general scholarship fund are two different things so if you are a registered alumni of the university, registered alumni in your college (engineering,architecture,business, etc.) AND part of the bulldog club you are going to get three calls.

i ignore it every time. They call me at the weirdest hours. Last night I got the call around 9:00 at night
The hours are normally 5-9 so you were probably one of the last calls of the night.

i got called yesterday THREE TIMES, once at 5:20, 6:30, and at 7:45. i answered the last one just to get it over with and nobody on the other side said anything, wth?
It is all done thru computer so that was a completely random occurrence. Although, if you are in the system for a fund with a smaller call base (architecture alumni, freshman parents, etc.) this is more likely to occur.

If you are not going to donate when called, please inform the caller right off the bat. They are told to ask you for money three times before hanging up. They are trying to get ANYTHING from you so the last ask they will usually ask you to make a donation of $20.13 to represent the current year. Also, if you do not want to be called again simply ask the caller to take you off the list and it SHOULD get done. If you are planning on donating but don't want to at that time you can always inform the caller to call you on or after a specific date and even a specific time. Like i said before everything is automated and done thru computer so unless you tell the caller to change something you will continue to get calls non stop. If y'all have any more questions i'll do my best to answer them.

ETA:I encourage you all to give money to the university, even if it is just the $20.13. These are just some tips and info to help those that get 100 calls a month from the call center... If you saw the amount that Penn state and other schools around the nation get from donations every year compared to us you would understand that literally Any donation helps right down to the last dollar.

FlabLoser
11-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info, Goo.

Folks, nobody likes telemarketer type calls. But remember its Dear Ole State, and fundraising is important.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-27-2013, 10:58 AM
They always ask me for money to renovate the English building or some shit like that. I told them to call back whenever they planned on renovating the shithole known as Carpenter. Have not gotten a call in a long time.

GrooGruxDawg
11-27-2013, 10:59 AM
I get at least 3 calls a week. I've stopped answering.
If you are registered band alumni you are probably going to be called the most of anyone. If I remember correctly they even had the band director come in and tell us how important it was to get donations for your fund. At the time it was the smallest call list in the system and we always took time out of our night to call that list.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Finally answered last night. Got tired of ignoring it.