PDA

View Full Version : Jans is the Man.

msu15
11-11-2022, 10:14 PM
Got to give it to Cohen, he left us with a nice parting gift with upgrading over Howland. Hopefully our NIL fund can help get him enough good players to build a long-term winning program.

Dawgology
11-11-2022, 11:19 PM
Looks like a good hire

PGHBulldogBG
11-11-2022, 11:42 PM
He’s a great floor coach which is the most important thing I ask for. This is what I’ve wanted since Rich Williams and we finally got one

Santiago
11-12-2022, 07:48 AM
He’s a great floor coach which is the most important thing I ask for. This is what I’ve wanted since Rich Williams and we finally got one

This team definitely plays defense like the Williams teams. That 2 point FG percentage our defense is holding teams to is really good.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-12-2022, 08:13 AM
Definitely better coached than Howland Teams so far.

R2Dawg
11-12-2022, 08:21 AM
Basketball MSU style is back. Fans can get behind this team. This team playing the way they do will be in every game and have chance to beat anyone on our schedule.

Agree JC gets some credit here for Jans and Purcell.

msstate7
11-12-2022, 08:57 AM
There's 2 parts to winning in college: coaching and recruiting.

Howland could recruit, but ucla broke him coaching wise.

In an extremely SSS, Jans appears to be able to coach quite well. He still has to prove he can get the players though. Coaching, just like recruiting can only take you so far, and it's usually about where howland got us.

msstate7
11-12-2022, 09:01 AM
Now where can you get those pullovers the coaches were wearing last night?

Pancho
11-12-2022, 10:47 AM
Yea, I want one of em too.

duncflydawg
11-12-2022, 10:55 AM
It was awesome to see some fire on the sidelines.

Cooterpoot
11-12-2022, 11:50 AM
Now where can you get those pullovers the coaches were wearing last night?

Got a pic?

msstate7
11-12-2022, 12:20 PM
Got a pic?

I do not. Black pullover with script "state" on the left breast

chef dixon
11-12-2022, 01:35 PM
There's 2 parts to winning in college: coaching and recruiting.

Howland could recruit, but ucla broke him coaching wise.

In an extremely SSS, Jans appears to be able to coach quite well. He still has to prove he can get the players though. Coaching, just like recruiting can only take you so far, and it's usually about where howland got us.

I keep seeing posts being concerned about his recruiting. Dude has been here 6 months.

msstate7
11-12-2022, 01:43 PM
I keep seeing posts being concerned about his recruiting. Dude has been here 6 months.

And hopefully he gets it going, but we've missed on our targets so far

msstate7
11-12-2022, 01:46 PM
Speaking of recruiting, why hasn't Chol signed yet? This is the best get so far for jans

HoopsDawg
11-12-2022, 01:49 PM

This isn't football. Basketball coaches are expected to come in and sign players right away. He missed on a ton of targets this past recruiting class. And then he missed on both MS guys he targeted. George Brooks is still on the staff as well. Stans and Howland didn't miss on many MS players they went after. No need to panic yet, but it's a little troublesome.

chef dixon
11-12-2022, 02:05 PM
This isn't football. Basketball coaches are expected to come in and sign players right away. He missed on a ton of targets this past recruiting class. And then he missed on both MS guys he targeted. George Brooks is still on the staff as well. Stans and Howland didn't miss on many MS players they went after. No need to panic yet, but it's a little troublesome.

Great that we used to not miss but we still sucked. You're right this ain't football. You don't need to get a bunch of high school kids to be a good team.

msstate7
11-12-2022, 02:11 PM
Great that we used to not miss but we still sucked. You're right this ain't football. You don't need to get a bunch of high school kids to be a good team.

We missed on transfers too though

msstate7
11-12-2022, 02:14 PM
It's ok to really like Jans while at the same time say he has to recruit better. Some of our fans are so touchy at critiquing anything about our coaches.

msu15
11-12-2022, 03:05 PM
Howland missed on multiple guys that he wanted in MS. Jeffries and the PG at Ole Miss immediately come to mind.