PDA

View Full Version : Bama future

parabrave
11-09-2022, 05:48 PM
With Saban about to clean house at the end of the season What will Bama look like next year?? I'm wondering if they go back to QB who manages the game and get back to power FB?

PikeDawg15
11-09-2022, 05:53 PM
Even though he is having a bad year

Kendall Briles could be a possibility there

They would be foolish not to interview Zach Arnett also.

Catfish
11-09-2022, 05:57 PM
I look for Bama to rebound.

CaptainObvious
11-09-2022, 06:05 PM
Even though he is having a bad year

Kendall Briles could be a possibility there

This is why we can?t have nice things. Shhhh?..

Goldendawg
11-09-2022, 10:34 PM
I hope the only other SEC game that they win this year and in the future is OM. Hail State!

EdwardDrayton
11-09-2022, 10:54 PM
You hear that? Crickets here in lower Alabama. Sweet silence from Alabama fans. It’s glorious.

StarkVegasSteve
11-09-2022, 11:31 PM
This is why we can?t have nice things. Shhhh?..

Saban will never relinquish complete control of that D unless it's to a Saban disciple. Arnett lives and dies by the 3-3-5 and Saban will never switch to that. Arnett may be eventually plucked but as long as Saban is on the sidelines in Tuscaloosa Arnett will not be the DC. The two names to watch out for in my mind would be Pruitt or does he make a massive offer to Muschamp and give him complete control. I could definitely see him going the Kendall Briles route for OC.

Cowbell
11-09-2022, 11:34 PM
Saban will never relinquish complete control of that D unless it's to a Saban disciple. Arnett lives and dies by the 3-3-5 and Saban will never switch to that. Arnett may be eventually plucked but as long as Saban is on the sidelines in Tuscaloosa Arnett will not be the DC. The two names to watch out for in my mind would be Pruitt or does he make a massive offer to Muschamp and give him complete control. I could definitely see him going the Kendall Briles route for OC.

This is accurate

Cowbell
11-09-2022, 11:35 PM
This has little to do with coaching and everything to do with Saban losing his salary cap - he is playing a game that Bama boosters can no longer win.

Apoplectic
11-10-2022, 08:28 AM
Bingo. Saban has never been a great coach with equal talent

TrapGame
11-10-2022, 09:29 AM

I wouldn't count out the DC at Texas.

Coach34
11-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Yep. Saban may changes offenses but the D Bama runs will remain his.

TUSK
11-10-2022, 11:00 AM
Bingo. Saban has never been a great coach with equal talent

Too shiny... :rolleyes:

Johnson85
11-10-2022, 12:34 PM
With Saban about to clean house at the end of the season What will Bama look like next year?? I'm wondering if they go back to QB who manages the game and get back to power FB?

I think there is definitely room for some 2nd tier schools to improve by going back to power football, basically zigging while everyone else is zagging, but the top football teams are going to have linebackers and safeties that are athletic enough to cover in space and also still big and strong enough to handle a power game.

There's nothing wrong with Bama. They don't have the same talent gap because of NIL and some of their competitors have better coaches than they have in the recent past. I dont' know that there is anything Bama can "fix" to keep the dynasty rolling the same way in the NIL era. LSU is going to stay good. UT may say good. That's two tough games a year. Sarkinsian is probably at least good enough of a coach for UT to be an upset threat most years and maybe similar teams some years. Oklahoma and A&M are going to have enough talent to be a threat to upset them most years, and if they upgrade coaches (or this proves just to be a painful transition year for OU), they could be at or near Bama's level year in and year out.

R2Dawg
11-10-2022, 01:17 PM
You hear that? Crickets here in lower Alabama. Sweet silence from Alabama fans. It?s glorious.

Ha, crickets in north Alabama too.

The glory years were late 90s. Jackie owned Bama and Auburn. Bama fans were starting to hate MSU for being good.

Saltydog
11-10-2022, 01:43 PM
This has little to do with coaching and everything to do with Saban losing his salary cap - he is playing a game that Bama boosters can no longer win.

Bingo and it's killing him and their fans inside because they know the machine is slowing down.........

Apoplectic
11-10-2022, 04:24 PM
Bingo and it's killing him and their fans inside because they know the machine is slowing down.........

Actually the other machines can legally speed up for equal footing

Apoplectic
11-10-2022, 04:25 PM
Too shiny... :rolleyes:

He?ll be known as college football?s Bonds and McGuire

msu15
11-10-2022, 05:39 PM
He?ll be known as college football?s Bonds and McGuire

I doubt college football will suffer such a loss in popularity like MLB ever since they banned PED's.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-10-2022, 06:33 PM

When Leach leaves MSU, we just might interview Nick Saban for the vacancy.