PDA

View Full Version : OM gets to experience something Saturday that we have experienced way too much

yjnkdawg
11-07-2022, 03:43 PM
That is playing Bama right after a Bama loss. I think Saban will have his team well focused for that game and the older players will also make sure everybody is fired up, prepared and ready to play. It has been 2007, Saban' first year at Bama, since he has lost back to back games, and I don't see Bama letting that happen Saturday. Some may think that Bama has given up and their season is over since the LSU loss. If any players have given up (which I don't see that) then Saban would have them sitting on the bench or possibly in the future looking for another school. In this particular situation - "Roll Tide".

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 03:47 PM
I dunno ... 7's got me a little concerned Bama might pack it in a little since they got 2 losses. That would be some shit right there now.

msstate7
11-07-2022, 03:48 PM
I dunno ... 7's got me a little concerned Bama might pack it in a little since they got 2 losses. That would be some shit right there now.

Guess with this game following the lsu game, lsu losing or in a close game could change things.

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 03:51 PM

Yep. This could be the season Saban has a Come to Jesus meeting with himself about the future. If he loses three games that's the Alabama equivalent of the wheels falling off the program.

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Yep. This could be the season Saban has a Come to Jesus meeting with himself about the future. If he loses three games that's the Alabama equivalent of the wheels falling off the program.

And I also wonder if the "kinder/gentler Saban" might throw a peace bone to Kiffin since they can accept a down year now. I don't see that but ... there is absolutely no way OM should even be able to make this game close. LSU destroyed OM after their initial run. And I read somewhere (not sure it's true), that LSU only has 40 or so scholarship players this year.

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 04:06 PM
Guess with this game following the lsu game, lsu losing or in a close game could change things.

And I'm sure Kiffin doing his best Hugh Freeze imitation in designing some stuff Bama ain't seen yet. Another nice twist to OM's schedule is the off week while Bama was in a war with LSU.

Maverick91
11-07-2022, 04:06 PM
Idk I hate pissville U as much as the next state fan. But living in Bama and having to hear it for the past 15 years and watching every announcer have to clean up their drool stains after each bama game. I can’t tell you how nice it would be to see them go 9-3 gosh how great 8-4 this year. Man it would just be fantastic.

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 04:09 PM
Idk I hate pissville U as much as the next state fan. But living in Bama and having to hear it for the past 15 years and watching every announcer have to clean up their drool stains after each bama game. I can’t tell you how nice it would be to see them go 9-3 gosh how great 8-4 this year. Man it would just be fantastic.

I live in Bama too and yea you're right ... I probably wouldn't care much either way if it weren't for OM's shot at SEC and 10 win season. Their schedule this year has ended up being setup up real nice for them, except for playing Arky before us but then, Arky sucks this year WTF.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2022, 04:17 PM
I live in Bama too and yea you're right ... I probably wouldn't care much either way if it weren't for OM's shot at SEC and 10 win season. Their schedule this year has ended up being setup up real nice for them, except for playing Arky before us but then, Arky sucks this year WTF.

Yeah, I thought at one point in time that ARK could give OM problems in Fayetteville but I've gone to the hope they can have some good luck and OM have some bad luck and ARK can somehow pull out a win which at this point in time doesn't appear to be likely.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2022, 04:23 PM
And I also wonder if the "kinder/gentler Saban" might throw a peace bone to Kiffin since they can accept a down year now. I don't see that but ... there is absolutely no way OM should even be able to make this game close. LSU destroyed OM after their initial run. And I read somewhere (not sure it's true), that LSU only has 40 or so scholarship players this year.

Playing at Vaught-Hemingway at 2:30 in the afternoon is nothing like the noise factor and playing LSU at night in Tiger Stadium which even seemed to rattle some of Bama's experienced players in that environment.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2022, 04:24 PM
Meh, like others have mentioned, it's not the same. Bama players may have mailed it in after this past Saturday.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2022, 04:28 PM

I don't see Bama packing it in, and still think Bama will win and put up some good offensive numbers, but if for some unknown reason the team does pack it in, then I could see Saban considering his retirement options.

Catfish
11-07-2022, 04:33 PM
Lane beats Saban, Saban retires, Bama hires Lane.

Bothrops
11-07-2022, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure Bama knows how to win for less. Bama can win if they really want to, however.

Negative Waves
11-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Everybody keeps saying Bama is falling, but the last time they lost 3 SEC games in a season (2010) Saban won the National Title the next two years. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Bama start out a little slow then blow the brakes off Ole Miss this Saturday.

lastmajordog
11-07-2022, 05:14 PM
I see Lane getting his most desperate need......beating Saban. If Bama can run and tackle in space they win. I’m afraid they sold their soul to the devil going to the passing offense gods and have lost that “we will ram it down your throats and you will like it....” feeling. JMHO.....hope I’m wrong.

Lord McBuckethead
11-07-2022, 06:04 PM
I don?t know. Now they have nothing to play for. I could see the opposite happen.

Lord McBuckethead
11-07-2022, 06:06 PM
I don't see Bama packing it in, and still think Bama will win and put up some good offensive numbers, but if for some unknown reason the team does pack it in, then I could see Saban considering his retirement options.
Saban quitting because he doesn?t get his way. That would be so Saban of him.

bulldawg28
11-07-2022, 07:14 PM
Ole Miss should win this game.

Hambone
11-07-2022, 07:16 PM
Ole Miss should win this game.

I wouldn’t go that far.

Bama is liable to run for 300 on that defense. Ole Miss will not do the same to them.

HoopsDawg
11-07-2022, 07:20 PM
Bama just isn't that good this year. Their receivers aren't great. Their Oline isn't great. Their Defense is still really good. We played awful in that game, still had more yards than them.

Bama could have easily lost to Texas and Texas A&M. Ole Miss is not that good either though.

LC Dawg
11-07-2022, 09:33 PM
I think most games are decided by who has the most talent but Saturday's game in Oxford could depend on which coach has their team more motivated to win. You know Lane will have his guys motivated but Bama hasn't played a regular season game with 2 losses since their current players were in middle school. If Bama comes out uninspired Ole Miss may whip their ass. Especially since Ole Miss's biggest strength is to start out strong and build a lead.
We'll see what Nicky can come up with.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-08-2022, 06:45 AM
MSU seems to be the only team that is scared to death of Alabama.

bulldawg28
11-08-2022, 07:55 AM
I wouldn?t go that far.

Bama is liable to run for 300 on that defense. Ole Miss will not do the same to them.

Alabama is a pass 1st team. If they were a run heavy team they'd probably be undefeated.

FISHDAWG
11-08-2022, 08:49 AM
I don?t know. Now they have nothing to play for. I could see the opposite happen.

too many people underestimate pride ... Athletes are competitive by nature, and at some point even when you realize the playoffs are out of the question there is still a reason to play well and WIN ... and that's called pride and it comes naturally to most athletes .... this "mailing it in" mantra is something made up by non-athletes and is way overused ...... jmo

FISHDAWG
11-08-2022, 08:52 AM
Bama just isn't that good this year. Their receivers aren't great. Their Oline isn't great. Their Defense is still really good. We played awful in that game, still had more yards than them.

Bama could have easily lost to Texas and Texas A&M. Ole Miss is not that good either though.

take that $2510 of V-cash and bet it ALL on Bama to cover

yjnkdawg
11-08-2022, 11:44 PM
Some of the veteran players for Bama said they need to get some of the younger players to buy in and put in the effort necessary and play for the name on the back of their jersey, and the A on the front. Will Anderson and Bryon Young on the defensive side have not given up for sure. Whether Saban and the older players can get these younger players to buy in who knows. One of the Sports TV anchors, who also does post game commentary after every game, said Bama was not a disciplined team, and they have had offensive issues whether that be timing or whatever. Whether they can regroup and get everybody onboard and on the same page will be evident Saturday. I think they will be able too and OM will have their second loss, but everybody has their own opinions and that what's makes some things not boring.

Ari Gold
11-09-2022, 01:42 AM
Not near the same .
Bamas path to the playoffs is basically dead .. so they won?t be in backs against the wall mode. And controlling their own destiny
We will see early in this game if they want to be there or not .. if they do the win by 14+

Flip side OM isn?t very good, but Lane is very good and they have more to play for than Bama