PDA

View Full Version : Pat Mahomes threw 68 pass attempts yesterday

msudawglb
11-07-2022, 12:19 PM
43 of 68 for 446 yards and 18 points. That blew my mind. It did include OT. The NFL record is 70 attempts.

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 12:33 PM
43 of 68 for 446 yards and 18 points. That blew my mind. It did include OT. The NFL record is 70 attempts.

NFL is pass happy. This should be a recruiting point for us to QB's, OT's, WR's, and pass catching RB's, if we could showcase it for 4 quarters per game and also stretch the field much more often. When it disappears and passes have a yards per passing attempt reminding me of Croom's West Coast Offense, not so much.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-07-2022, 12:34 PM
Mahomes threw for 446 yards and also rushed 6 times for 63 yards. The rest of the team rushed 13 times for 14 yards.

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 12:39 PM
Mahomes threw for 446 yards and also rushed 6 times for 63 yards. The rest of the team rushed 13 times for 14 yards.

More and more NFL teams are using dual threat QB's. I think Fields of the Bears set a QB rushing record yesterday, but the rules need to change. If they are going to take off and run or have set rushing plays, they should be treated the same as a RB once they break the line of scrummage. Many are bigger and faster than some RB's. Not far at all to defense.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-07-2022, 01:04 PM
More and more NFL teams are using dual threat QB's. I think Fields of the Bears set a QB rushing record yesterday, but the rules need to change. If they are going to take off and run or have set rushing plays, they should be treated the same as a RB once they break the line of scrummage. Many are bigger and faster than some RB's. Not far at all to defense.

Totally agree.