PDA

View Full Version : Leach

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2022, 09:45 AM
It will be interesting to see how I get destroyed for this, and how some will find a way to turn into how OM is better than us but Leach was in the hospital for 2 days this past week with pneumonia. Missed some practice. Didnt want to say anything if we lost bc God knows what this place would be like if that happened.

Santiago
11-07-2022, 09:46 AM
It will be interesting to see how I get destroyed for this, and how some will find a way to turn into how OM is better than us but Leach was in the hospital for 2 days this past week with pneumonia. Missed 2 practices. Didnt want to say anything if we lost bc God knows what this place would be like if that happened.

Some of the players were sick also, right? Robinson family member on 247 said Robinson had strep or something on Wednesday, and some players needed IV and oxygen.

EdwardDrayton
11-07-2022, 09:48 AM
It will be interesting to see how I get destroyed for this, and how some will find a way to turn into how OM is better than us but Leach was in the hospital for 2 days this past week with pneumonia. Missed some practice. Didnt want to say anything if we lost bc God knows what this place would be like if that happened.

He has not looked healthy.

WhiskeyPirate
11-07-2022, 09:48 AM
Surprised he was able to coach. It’s that time of year. Flu bug can devastate a team.

RiverCityDawg
11-07-2022, 09:54 AM

Makes sense. I didn't think he was going to survive the radio postgame interview with Neil.

Maroonthirteen
11-07-2022, 09:58 AM
That explains his post game press conference. He barely made it through that presser.

PGHBulldogBG
11-07-2022, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately, this board has a lot of Leach haters and Leach blinders. The truth about Leach is somewhere in the middle. He is a good coach but not great. I understand that game was ugly, but completely writing off the team and acting like he is terrible is just wrong. Ole Miss is better than us, but not by as wide of a gap as many think. I still think we can beat them if we play our A game. We will be 7-4 and they will be 9-2. They will be playing for a NY6 bowl and we need to show up to crush that possibility. I think the majority of this Leach hate comes down more so to the success Ole Miss has achieved under Kiffin. We just need to play respectable against UGA, take care or business against ETSU and then go into Oxford having a winning mentality and pull it off. We don’t have the players to beat UGA but we do to beat Ole Miss

Maroonthirteen
11-07-2022, 09:59 AM
Some of the players were sick also, right? Robinson family member on 247 said Robinson had strep or something on Wednesday, and some players needed IV and oxygen.

Flu and Streep was going around the MSU student body last week and this week I'm sure.

WhiskeyPirate
11-07-2022, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately, this board has a lot of Leach haters and Leach blinders. The truth about Leach is somewhere in the middle. He is a good coach but not great. I understand that game was ugly, but completely writing off the team and acting like he is terrible is just wrong. Ole Miss is better than us, but not by as wide of a gap as many think. I still think we can beat them if we play our A game. We will be 7-4 and they will be 9-2. They will be playing for a NY6 bowl and we need to show up to crush that possibility. I think the majority of this Leach hate comes down more so to the success Ole Miss has achieved under Kiffin. We just need to play respectable against UGA, take care or business against ETSU and then go into Oxford having a winning mentality and pull it off. We don’t have the players to beat UGA but we do to beat Ole Miss
Good post. I honestly think Leach needs to make a decision at q b after this season. He brought on Minshew as a grad transfer who was in a similar system at e c s u, if he can find a similar guy he’s got to bring him in. This offense with Minshew right now would be so much better.

RiverCityDawg
11-07-2022, 10:05 AM

Yeah, a big group have spent the entire season being miserable when if we beat ole miss it will have been a dang good year and they would have missed it. Instead of waiting to see what happens, they're just dreading the end so afraid of losing the egg bowl again.

A lot of our folks let ole miss own them, and they're incapable of enjoying any success if they feel ole miss is better. It's pathetic, really. I always rejected the "little brother" thing but it's true for a lot of our fans.

Maybe since I didn't grow up in MS and don't live there now I don't get it, but I sure as hell see it.

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2022, 10:14 AM
Not to hijack the thread but There is 0 rational reason to think OM is just better than us. They are very similar to Auburn. They throw it a little better but not much other than that. Auburn has better players on defense. We were beating them like a drum. We have more than a punchers chance in Oxford depends on which team shows up and the weather

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 10:22 AM

Our Jekyl and Hyde offense, its disappearing for sometimes a quarter or more has many fans pulling their hair out, Coach Leach also, I'm sure. The frustration is not that we lost to LSU/KY, it is how bad we looked in the second half of both games. Leach is right about bama, as we have been intimidated by them for too many years. I no longer define our success compared to OM, but 3 losses in a row is far too much, especially if we lose badly. Finish as you have noted at 8-4 with a good non-Memphis or Birmingham Bowl and it is a very successful year. 7-5 with a lower bowl is a disappointing dud. Hail State!

TorpedoIPA
11-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Leach hasn't had time to develop the kind of OL, with the proper depth, he needs for the air raid. He has said he likes to marinade them in the weight room for a few years.

Anyway give Will time to throw and it makes all the difference in the world.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2022, 10:29 AM
Thanks for that information. I have to say, if we beat ole miss and end up 8-4, then it's a good season regardless how terrible it looked at times.

I'm just not sold on this offense against SEC defenses and I'm not feeling good about our chances against ole miss. I can't control either so time will tell.

Santiago
11-07-2022, 10:30 AM
Our Jekyl and Hyde offense, its disappearing for sometimes a quarter or more has many fans pulling their hair out, Coach Leach also, I'm sure. The frustration is not that we lost to LSU/KY, it is how bad we looked in the second half of both games. Leach is right about bama, as we have been intimidated by them for too many years. I no longer define our success compared to OM, but 3 losses in a row is far too much, especially if we lose badly. Finish as you have noted at 8-4 with a good non-Memphis or Birmingham Bowl and it is a very successful year. 7-5 with a lower bowl is a disappointing dud. Hail State!

Seems we go into mental lapses or to stop playing aggressive. Will is so much better when he has to run it as a 2 minute drill.

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Not to hijack the thread but There is 0 rational reason to think OM is just better than us. They are very similar to Auburn. They throw it a little better but not much other than that. Auburn has better players on defense. We were beating them like a drum. We have more than a punchers chance in Oxford depends on which team shows up and the weather

I agree that the bears are not good and are beatable. I expect them to lose to Saban and the pigs.

Our offense cannot perform the way it did against a bad Auburn defense.

After the first two drives of the game - here is what we did on our next ELEVEN DRIVES:

Punt
TD from the 25 yard line after AU was dumb
Fumble from a sack
Fumble from a sack
Downs -End of half - (we had 57 seconds)
Downs - another terrible 4th down call
Interception
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

Eleven drives against AU with 7 points. That is crazy. You can maybe argue it was 10.5 drives because we had the ball at our 20 right before the half, but i've seen plenty of team get in FG position with close to a minute left.

Make no mistake, this was by far our worst offensive performance of the year when you factor in the team we were playing.

Lets put it like this Arkansas had the ball for essentially 11 drives in their entire game. They scored points on 7 of those drives. In 11 straight drives - we scored 1 TD where the drive started on their 25 yard line.

That is why most everyone is aggravated.

Todd4State
11-07-2022, 10:49 AM

Good post. I agree.

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 10:56 AM
I agree that the bears are not good and are beatable. I expect them to lose to Saban and the pigs.

Our offense cannot perform the way it did against a bad Auburn defense.

After the first two drives of the game - here is what we did on our next ELEVEN DRIVES:

Punt
TD from the 25 yard line after AU was dumb
Fumble from a sack
Fumble from a sack
Downs -End of half - (we had 57 seconds)
Downs - another terrible 4th down call
Interception
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt

Eleven drives against AU with 7 points. That is crazy. You can maybe argue it was 10.5 drives because we had the ball at our 20 right before the half, but i've seen plenty of team get in FG position with close to a minute left.

Make no mistake, this was by far our worst offensive performance of the year when you factor in the team we were playing.

Lets put it like this Arkansas had the ball for essentially 11 drives in their entire game. They scored points on 7 of those drives. In 11 straight drives - we scored 1 TD where the drive started on their 25 yard line.

That is why most everyone is aggravated.

Freeze and a team of mostly 2 star embarrassed AR at their place. They may have quit and an article stated the fans left early and may well choose deer season and a highly anticipated men's BB over football for their further future entertainment. An AR friend of mine said Pittman is struggling without Morris's players. OM will beat them badly. Only remaining OM losses are a frustrated bama and maybe us, IF, our O can finally play 4 quarters. Hail State!

Todd4State
11-07-2022, 10:56 AM
Good post. I honestly think Leach needs to make a decision at q b after this season. He brought on Minshew as a grad transfer who was in a similar system at e c s u, if he can find a similar guy he’s got to bring him in. This offense with Minshew right now would be so much better.

Really all we need is Dillion Johnson to get healthy. Our slump coincided with his injury. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Will just doesn't have the confidence to run this offense without a safety net. Dillion gives him that. When he isn't in his head he's fine.

He's like Matt Wyatt. If he's in an up tempo offense where he doesn't have to think he's good. See our first couple of drives against Auburn. When he has to think a lot he gets paralyzed.

hopemsu
11-07-2022, 10:59 AM
Leach is what he is, he will always be 6-6 or 7-5.

He could be here 20 years, and i doubt he would ever win 8-9 games a year. He doesnt recruit well, and that is 90% of the battle in the SEC. You can win in the Big12 and Pac 10 without recruiting, you can't in the SEC. His gimmick offense isnt balanced, being from the Big12 and Pac10 - he doesnt overly value defense either.

Please go get Freeze or take a gamble on deon, whom i think is 60% moron and would get his butt handed to him by the big boys, but at least it is taking a chance on something better than perpetually 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 every single year.

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2022, 11:00 AM
Freeze and a team of mostly 2 star embarrassed AR at their place. They may have quit and an article stated the fans left early and may well choose deer season and a highly anticipated men's BB over football for their further future entertainment. An AR friend of mine said Pittman is struggling without Morris's players. OM will beat them badly. Only remaining OM losses are a frustrated bama and maybe us, IF, our O can finally play 4 quarters. Hail State!

I am not living in a world where the bears have back to back 10 win regular seasons.

The bears never beat Arkansas on the road. I don't think it starts now.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2022, 11:01 AM

Yeah. I had picked Arkansas to beat ole miss but it appears Arkansas is done for the season.

FISHDAWG
11-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Yeah, a big group have spent the entire season being miserable when if we beat ole miss it will have been a dang good year and they would have missed it. Instead of waiting to see what happens, they're just dreading the end so afraid of losing the egg bowl again.

A lot of our folks let ole miss own them, and they're incapable of enjoying any success if they feel ole miss is better. It's pathetic, really. I always rejected the "little brother" thing but it's true for a lot of our fans.

Maybe since I didn't grow up in MS and don't live there now I don't get it, but I sure as hell see it.

a lot of us have always said that for us 7-5 is expected and 8-4 would be possible and preferred but 9-3 would be beyond expectations ..... and as we stand here now - that's exactly where we are. Just because a lot of us are realist that doesn't make us haters ... I know there are haters around and I'm not one of them ... but I am a realist and it has nothing to do with OM

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 12:25 PM
a lot of us have always said that for us 7-5 is expected and 8-4 would be possible and preferred but 9-3 would be beyond expectations ..... and as we stand here now - that's exactly where we are. Just because a lot of us are realist that doesn't make us haters ... I know there are haters around and I'm not one of them ... but I am a realist and it has nothing to do with OM

Latest Non-Political Poll - MSU Football Fans:

Maroon Colored Glasses - 20%

Sunshine Pumpers - 20%

Leach Haters - 20%

Wait 'til Next Year types - 20%

Realists - 20%

Final Results to be tabulated Thanksgiving Night! Hail State!

FISHDAWG
11-07-2022, 12:29 PM

Sunshine Pumpers - 20%

Leath Haters - 20%

Realists - 20%

lol ... that's actually a pretty fair assessment imo ..... and Thanksgiving night will move a few of those percentages around quite possibly

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 12:31 PM

Fish coming through with the facts. You made my day Fish, thanks.

I've cooled a little on my Leach love but your post does bring a lot of things into prospective.

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2022, 01:07 PM

To be fair, I don't think most of us had A&M and Arkansas being a combined 8-10 with losses to Liberty and App State.

Things change once the season starts. We have been pretty fortunate on the injury front. Our OL has played better than most expected and I think Kentucky is worse than I thought as well.

The same reason I was just fine with 5-7 in 2009 is the same reason I will be pretty pissed at 7-5 this year. So far we have not won one game that we shouldn't have won, and thankfully we just won our Leach game for the year.

It just a season of missed opportunities.

Without trying very hard we could easily be 8-1 and in the driver's seat in the West.

Read that sentence again. Its completely true.

If we beat LSU and Kentucky (two games that any rational fan would have to admit we were the better team) we are 8-1 and even if we lose to UGA, we would be in a 3 way tie for first in the West.

If that was the case, the UGA game would be the biggest game since AU in 2014. Instead we are struggling against an AU team that is pretty awful.

confucius say
11-07-2022, 01:31 PM
To be fair, I don't think most of us had A&M and Arkansas being a combined 8-10 with losses to Liberty and App State.

Things change once the season starts. We have been pretty fortunate on the injury front. Our OL has played better than most expected and I think Kentucky is worse than I thought as well.

The same reason I was just fine with 5-7 in 2009 is the same reason I will be pretty pissed at 7-5 this year. So far we have not won one game that we shouldn't have won, and thankfully we just won our Leach game for the year.

It just a season of missed opportunities.

Without trying very hard we could easily be 8-1 and in the driver's seat in the West.

Read that sentence again. Its completely true.

If we beat LSU and Kentucky (two games that any rational fan would have to admit we were the better team) we are 8-1 and even if we lose to UGA, we would be in a 3 way tie for first in the West.

If that was the case, the UGA game would be the biggest game since AU in 2014. Instead we are struggling against an AU team that is pretty awful.

Fair points. But we are not better than lsu. They are better than us at almost every position.

PMDawg
11-07-2022, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately, this board has a lot of Leach haters and Leach blinders. The truth about Leach is somewhere in the middle. He is a good coach but not great. I understand that game was ugly, but completely writing off the team and acting like he is terrible is just wrong. Ole Miss is better than us, but not by as wide of a gap as many think. I still think we can beat them if we play our A game. We will be 7-4 and they will be 9-2. They will be playing for a NY6 bowl and we need to show up to crush that possibility. I think the majority of this Leach hate comes down more so to the success Ole Miss has achieved under Kiffin. We just need to play respectable against UGA, take care or business against ETSU and then go into Oxford having a winning mentality and pull it off. We don?t have the players to beat UGA but we do to beat Ole Miss

I agree with this. I was not fond of the hire, but he's here so I wanted it to work. But early signs were troubling in the first two year. Some flashes of what this offense could be, this year, gave some hope. But LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, and even some scrubs like Auburn have exposed the offense's ineptness against better defenses. Now, I'm to the point where, yes, Leach is a pretty good coach, and we could do worse, but something is wrong. I think it's just how limited we are at QB. The WRs look pretty pedestrian a lot of times, but I think Will is holding them back. He's too happy to check down and dump it off to keep his completion percentage high. He doesn't attack defenses. He goes in a shell and just waits for someone else to make a play. When our backs are against the wall, sometimes he looks better for a little while. But overall, he's just not the answer. But, the MOST concerning thing is that no one is even pushing him. He's apparently the best we have by a mile, and there's no one that appears to have what it takes to close the gap and surpass him. So, what the heck have leach and his coaching staff been doing? Why is our QB room so bad? If the key to this offense is the QB, then they're failing as a staff. So, yeah, Leach is an alright coach, and the right QB could make his offense work in the SEC. On the other hand, we don't have the right QB and don't even appear to be close to finding one. So we're in a tricky spot. I don't hate Leach. I just feel like we're spinning our wheels going nowhere at this point.

bulldawg28
11-07-2022, 02:15 PM

Ole Miss plays 4 quarters and a better team. They've shut down the offense before and more than likely do it again. We can't stop the run and they do it well. Alabama will have to beat Ole Miss for us with banged up players.

WhiskeyPirate
11-07-2022, 02:16 PM
Ole miss only played one quarter against LSU, exhibited by a 45-3 LSU run over the final three quarters.

deltadawg63
11-07-2022, 02:21 PM
The Leach concerns are also his history of just not emphasizing "rivalry" games while in Mississippi, this is not accceptable. For me, the other great concern that I saw in the Kentucky game and the Auburn game was the lack of in-game strategy adjustments, frankly, on defense too. UK had an excellent defensive scheme: Rush 4 with 3 DL and a surprise 4th, cover the back one on one and a shallow umbrella zone from the other 6. It worked well and we had no adjustments. Auburn followed this plan as well, we just made 3 excellent deep route catches for the difference in the game. The problem was we only challenged them deeply very few times and Rara made great deep ball plays. Defensively, UK and Auburn went big and power on offense and we struggled out of our base alot. 3-3-5 can be slashed and charged with TE and HB and they both did and we didnt adjust. Coaches have to make strategic adjustments in game in today's world.

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 02:21 PM
I agree with this. I was not fond of the hire, but he's here so I wanted it to work. But early signs were troubling in the first two year. Some flashes of what this offense could be, this year, gave some hope. But LSU, Kentucky, Alabama, and even some scrubs like Auburn have exposed the offense's ineptness against better defenses. Now, I'm to the point where, yes, Leach is a pretty good coach, and we could do worse, but something is wrong. I think it's just how limited we are at QB. The WRs look pretty pedestrian a lot of times, but I think Will is holding them back. He's too happy to check down and dump it off to keep his completion percentage high. He doesn't attack defenses. He goes in a shell and just waits for someone else to make a play. When our backs are against the wall, sometimes he looks better for a little while. But overall, he's just not the answer. But, the MOST concerning thing is that no one is even pushing him. He's apparently the best we have by a mile, and there's no one that appears to have what it takes to close the gap and surpass him. So, what the heck have leach and his coaching staff been doing? Why is our QB room so bad? If the key to this offense is the QB, then they're failing as a staff. So, yeah, Leach is an alright coach, and the right QB could make his offense work in the SEC. On the other hand, we don't have the right QB and don't even appear to be close to finding one. So we're in a tricky spot. I don't hate Leach. I just feel like we're spinning our wheels going nowhere at this point.

Will is a good QB but he is holding us back. I believe he's reached his ceiling as a QB. Parson is the supposed heir apparent and he'll be here in December for spring '23. Leach and the offensive coaches need to have him ready to take over after next season. I like Leach but I'm not seeing where we are going to take this huge step under him. We will be a perennial 7-5/8-4 team under him.

msu15
11-07-2022, 02:38 PM
Lol, there is for sure nothing rational about your view of Ole Miss that's for sure. Your blind hate for them is just flat out weird. They are going to score some points on us and we just have to hope that Rogers plays his best game as a bulldog for us to win in their building.

Quaoarsking
11-07-2022, 02:44 PM
We will be a perennial 7-5/8-4 team under him.

I hope so. That would make him the best coach in school history. (And yes, obviously I hope he's better, but just getting there would be phenomenal.)

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 02:47 PM

I was wondering what was wrong with him. He sounded horrible in press conferences.

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 02:52 PM

I would tend to agree with you. I think we are better (especially defensively) however, our team is extremely Jekyll & Hyde. Jekyll seems to dominate away games. We need Hyde's killer instinct and it's nowhere to be found.

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 02:53 PM
I hope so. That would make him the best coach in school history. (And yes, obviously I hope he's better, but just getting there would be phenomenal.)

Q, that's with everything going our way. And the 8-4 is the theoretical win over OM.

Maybe Leach can build something here pretty special but after what I witnessed for four quarters in year three Saturday night, I doubt it.

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 02:58 PM
The Leach concerns are also his history of just not emphasizing "rivalry" games while in Mississippi, this is not accceptable. For me, the other great concern that I saw in the Kentucky game and the Auburn game was the lack of in-game strategy adjustments, frankly, on defense too. UK had an excellent defensive scheme: Rush 4 with 3 DL and a surprise 4th, cover the back one on one and a shallow umbrella zone from the other 6. It worked well and we had no adjustments. Auburn followed this plan as well, we just made 3 excellent deep route catches for the difference in the game. The problem was we only challenged them deeply very few times and Rara made great deep ball plays. Defensively, UK and Auburn went big and power on offense and we struggled out of our base alot. 3-3-5 can be slashed and charged with TE and HB and they both did and we didnt adjust. Coaches have to make strategic adjustments in game in today's world.

Just how many offensive adjustments could there be available on that little piece of paper?

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 03:00 PM
Q, that's with everything going our way. And the 8-4 is the theoretical win over OM.

Maybe Leach can build something here pretty special but after what I witnessed for four quarters in year three Saturday night, I doubt it.

The thing that concerns me the most with Leach is ... he's not a speech maker type motivator. He just is a "do you job" coach and says that over and over for most part. Saban, Kiffin, Kelly, etc., they'll make motivational type speeches and Leach doesn't do that too much. And sometimes that does need to be done, especially when a team is just going thru the motions in a given week. Sometimes you gotta find something other than "do your job" to get a team's attention.

Other than that, I think he'll develop good players over time, we'll be in shape, and we'll be physical. We just gotta do it every game and for a full 60 minutes in every game.

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 03:05 PM
The thing that concerns me the most with Leach is ... he's not a speech maker type motivator. He just is a "do you job" coach and says that over and over for most part. Saban, Kiffin, Kelly, etc., they'll make motivational type speeches and Leach doesn't do that too much. And sometimes that does need to be done, especially when a team is just going thru the motions in a given week. Sometimes you gotta find something other than "do your job" to get a team's attention.

Other than that, I think he'll develop good players over time, we'll be in shape, and we'll be physical. We just gotta do it every game and for a full 60 minutes in every game.

Having time to develop players in today's NIL/Portal world is disappearing fast. If a program like us does develop them they can/will become poaching targets by bigger programs. The Wild, Wild, West is here. You're absolutely going to need a program to know your players year to year.

Pancho
11-07-2022, 03:12 PM
Will is a good QB but he is holding us back. I believe he's reached his ceiling as a QB. Parson is the supposed heir apparent and he'll be here in December for spring '23. Leach and the offensive coaches need to have him ready to take over after next season. I like Leach but I'm not seeing where we are going to take this huge step under him. We will be a perennial 7-5/8-4 team under him.

Parson probably wont' be the starter til the 25 season at the earliest.

Liverpooldawg
11-07-2022, 03:25 PM

In that case, no, you don't get it.

Percho
11-07-2022, 03:29 PM

And that would take place under who? I am close to 80 years old. For those 80 years we have been searching for someone. We have had some worse coaches otherwise the others have been about what we presently have.

Who would you hire in order for MSU to take a huge step? And in three years, after starting over, who? Then who?

Maybe we should try what we have for another 3 or 4 years and then decide. Course I'll be looking at close to 90 then. Oh well!

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Parson probably wont' be the starter til the 25 season at the earliest.

Great. That means the entire 2024 season we're all on here bitching about why isn't Parson starting over QB X.

Percho
11-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Lol, there is for sure nothing rational about your view of Ole Miss that's for sure. Your blind hate for them is just flat out weird. They are going to score some points on us and we just have to hope that Rogers plays his best game as a bulldog for us to win in their building.

Do you think we would have won last year if we had just caught a few more balls, balls that were there to catch?

Coach34
11-07-2022, 03:33 PM
Great. That means the entire 2024 season we're all on here bitching about why isn't Parson starting over QB X.

QB X is Will Rogers. He isnt going anywhere.

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 03:35 PM

I would've just agreed with this if I had seen it before my Jekyll & Hyde post LOL

EdwardDrayton
11-07-2022, 03:37 PM

Well we did not think Cohen was going anywhere either so don’t steal my shred of hope Coach. :)

Percho
11-07-2022, 03:39 PM

I agree with you therefore let me ask; Will Coach Leach play the best player who gives the better chance for a win?

I say he will. Assuming all stay he will have Robertson, Greek, Locke, Parsons and Rogers to choose from. I believe he will pick the best at the moment to start game 1.

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 03:40 PM
And that would take place under who? I am close to 80 years old. For those 80 years we have been searching for someone. We have had some worse coaches otherwise the others have been about what we presently have.

Who would you hire in order for MSU to take a huge step? And in three years, after starting over, who? Then who?

Maybe we should try what we have for another 3 or 4 years and then decide. Course I'll be looking at close to 90 then. Oh well!

Well Pops it's year three and we damn near shit the bed with a depleted Auburn team in Davis Wade.

I'm still seeing some of the same crap we saw in 2020. Nothing has changed much at all.

And, yes, one of the reasons Leach was hired was for the Big Step to become more of a perennial 9-3/10-2 team.

Coach34
11-07-2022, 03:41 PM
I agree with you therefore let me ask; Will Coach Leach play the best player who gives the better chance for a win?

I say he will. Assuming all stay he will have Robertson, Greek, Locke, Parsons and Rogers to choose from. I believe he will pick the best at the moment to start game 1.

He will not replace a 4 year starter at QB that will be rewriting the NCAA passing records

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 03:41 PM

So, we are going to be bitching in '24 about why isn't Parson starting.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2022, 03:57 PM
Well Pops it's year three and we damn near shit the bed with a depleted Auburn team in Davis Wade.

I'm still seeing some of the same crap we saw in 2020. Nothing has changed much at all.

And, yes, one of the reasons Leach was hired was for the Big Step to become more of a perennial 9-3/10-2 team.

Auburn has football talent on their team and the players who were on the field wanted to win that game for Cadillac and he had them motivated especially in the second half. So playing Auburn with Cadillac coaching them and not Harsin was a different team. That's not to say that we played a good game. Once we got that big lead, some of our offensive players looked at it like we had won the game and went on cruise control it appeared instead of putting the pedal to the metal.

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 03:59 PM

We gonna be bitching about something ... I can guarantee you that ****

EdwardDrayton
11-07-2022, 03:59 PM
He will not replace a 4 year starter at QB that will be rewriting the NCAA passing records

So if Leach is more interested in passing records than in wins, then the discussion is moot. He has to go.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2022, 04:06 PM
So if Leach is more interested in passing records than in wins, then the discussion is moot. He has to go.

CML is going to play the QB that he trusts, knows his offense, and knows how to run it, and right now that is Will. I don't think CML gives a crap about passing records.

yjnkdawg
11-07-2022, 04:09 PM
We gonna be bitching about something ... I can guarantee you that ****

You got that right. :rolleyes:

Maverick91
11-07-2022, 04:13 PM

My argument is I think you are seeing it. Arky game was stolen last year and so was Memphis there’s your 9-3 in year two. Dont even count the dropped passes for tds against pissville U. Last year very easily was a 9-10 win season.

If we dont have a head case for a QB this year we would be 8-1 at this point. A lot of losses are to do either youth or maturity. Those things take time to be iron out and for someone to jump up and take over. Everyone is saying let’s get mad at leach for not having another QB ready, but everyone is forgetting that Leach has NEVER played a QB before their 3rd year outside of will. So what we are seeing currently is something outside of Leach’s norm.

HancockCountyDog
11-07-2022, 04:20 PM
If Leach is going to run this offense, then Will is our guy.

If he refuses to put an RPO element to his offense, there is no reason to remove Will. He does great a job in the offense he is given.

EdwardDrayton
11-07-2022, 04:23 PM
CML is going to play the QB that he trusts, knows his offense, and knows how to run it, and right now that is Will. I don't think CML gives a crap about passing records.

Well if he insists on riding this horse he either does not care about wins or he simply is misguided in his thinking. Either way another season of 6-7 wins, some passing records, a fourth Egg Bowl loss and a substandard bowl game is unacceptable. We are being asked to contribute more money and potentially be faced with the same results. The new AD needs to assess Leach’s strategy for the position and then pull the cord if necessary. We need a more versatile QB. Just get it the 17 done.

EdwardDrayton
11-07-2022, 04:32 PM
If Leach is going to run this offense, then Will is our guy.

If he refuses to put an RPO element to his offense, there is no reason to remove Will. He does great a job in the offense he is given.

A great job of what. Completing short auto throws when the cover guys are not jumping the routes and there’s no edge rush. Yeah he’s great at completing short snap throws without thinking.

Percho
11-07-2022, 04:40 PM
Well if he insists on riding this horse he either does not care about wins or he simply is misguided in his thinking. Either way another season of 6-7 wins, some passing records, a fourth Egg Bowl loss and a substandard bowl game is unacceptable. We are being asked to contribute more money and potentially be faced with the same results. The new AD needs to assess Leach?s strategy for the position and then pull the cord if necessary. We need a more versatile QB. Just get it the 17 done.

So you are going to hire an AD to tell a Coach who is the best player to play.

Do any of you honestly believe the Coach does not care about winning games?

EdwardDrayton
11-07-2022, 04:45 PM
So you are going to hire an AD to tell a Coach who is the best player to play.

Do any of you honestly believe the Coach does not care about winning games?

I’m going to hire an AD who listens to hear if Leach insists that his way will ultimately work in Year 4. And if he hears that then he’s finding us a new coach.

And our best player is not good enough.

TrapGame
11-07-2022, 04:54 PM
Auburn has football talent on their team and the players who were on the field wanted to win that game for Cadillac and he had them motivated especially in the second half. So playing Auburn with Cadillac coaching them and not Harsin was a different team. That's not to say that we played a good game. Once we got that big lead, some of our offensive players looked at it like we had won the game and went on cruise control it appeared instead of putting the pedal to the metal.

That's coaching. And it's not the first time that happened.

The only time I've seen this team mentally and physically focused on a game in the first quarter of the Memphis game. This team was laser focused until the lightning delay. I haven't seen that level since.

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2022, 07:43 PM
Ole Miss plays 4 quarters and a better team. They've shut down the offense before and more than likely do it again. We can't stop the run and they do it well. Alabama will have to beat Ole Miss for us with banged up players.

Yeah theyre great put them in the playoff. No need for us to get on the bus against that juggernaut. Who was Tulsa to think they could beat OM

BuckyIsAB****
11-07-2022, 07:45 PM

I have no life all I do is hate them and make a signature for my elitedawg posts

memsu06
11-07-2022, 10:38 PM
Well if he insists on riding this horse he either does not care about wins or he simply is misguided in his thinking. Either way another season of 6-7 wins, some passing records, a fourth Egg Bowl loss and a substandard bowl game is unacceptable. We are being asked to contribute more money and potentially be faced with the same results. The new AD needs to assess Leach?s strategy for the position and then pull the cord if necessary. We need a more versatile QB. Just get it the 17 done.

I believe the role of an AD is to stay the hell out of the way and get the coaches what they need.

Otherwise you're just being a micro manager and then no one will want to coach for you.

lastmajordog
11-07-2022, 11:07 PM
Someone earlier in the year said to beat om you have to be able to tackle in space on d and RTDB on offense. I just haven?t seen this team be able to RTDB on off. It is sickening, but I just don?t see the DOGS winning at om especially with them playing for a big bowl.....Roll Tide.

Todd4State
11-08-2022, 01:05 AM
Someone earlier in the year said to beat om you have to be able to tackle in space on d and RTDB on offense. I just haven?t seen this team be able to RTDB on off. It is sickening, but I just don?t see the DOGS winning at om especially with them playing for a big bowl.....Roll Tide.

We can if Dillion Johnson is healthy.

EdwardDrayton
11-08-2022, 08:48 AM
I believe the role of an AD is to stay the hell out of the way and get the coaches what they need.

Otherwise you're just being a micro manager and then no one will want to coach for you.

Think Art Howe. Sometimes you just have to take action.

mo7888
11-08-2022, 08:52 AM
Leach hasn't had time to develop the kind of OL, with the proper depth, he needs for the air raid. He has said he likes to marinade them in the weight room for a few years.

Anyway give Will time to throw and it makes all the difference in the world.

It's that way with most decent QB's. His problem is he's one dimensional...he can't run or stretch the field vertically. If he could do either then our offense would have alot more room to operate. I really hope we 'rest' him and play Sawyer most of the time in the HC game and get a look at what he can bring....not holding my breath though..

WhiskeyPirate
11-08-2022, 09:23 AM
It's that way with most decent QB's. His problem is he's one dimensional...he can't run or stretch the field vertically. If he could do either then our offense would have alot more room to operate. I really hope we 'rest' him and play Sawyer most of the time in the HC game and get a look at what he can bring....not holding my breath though..

Third quality aside from arm strength and speed, pocket presence and grit....he gets rattled way too easy. Leach q bs at WSU Texas tech especially...prerequisite....tough as nails hang in pocket till the last second be willing to take a hit. Had to be fearless. Im not seeing that with Will. Locke will have all that.

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2022, 11:35 AM
Third quality aside from arm strength and speed, pocket presence and grit....he gets rattled way too easy. Leach q bs at WSU Texas tech especially...prerequisite....tough as nails hang in pocket till the last second be willing to take a hit. Had to be fearless. Im not seeing that with Will. Locke will have all that.

If anyone here thinks Will is getting passed by a QB on the roster currently, then I also have some swamp land to sell you. As long as Leach is here and Will is on the roster, he is our QB. I understand the AU game was a rough one, but he is better than anyone else on the roster, and according to anyone that knows anything - its not really close.

TrapGame
11-08-2022, 11:41 AM
If anyone here thinks Will is getting passed by a QB on the roster currently, then I also have some swamp land to sell you. As long as Leach is here and Will is on the roster, he is our QB. I understand the AU game was a rough one, but he is better than anyone else on the roster, and according to anyone that knows anything - its not really close.

And that's pretty concerning seeing as Sawyer was a 4* recruit that put up big numbers in high school and can't even push WR for the job after two years of physical conditioning and practice reps.

AROB44
11-08-2022, 11:50 AM
And that's pretty concerning seeing as Sawyer was a 4* recruit that put up big numbers in high school and can't even push WR for the job after two years of physical conditioning and practice reps.

^THIS....

Extendedcab
11-08-2022, 12:23 PM

Honest question here - Why? Was he over rated in HS or do we not develop talent appropriately?

State82
11-08-2022, 12:38 PM
I really hope we 'rest' him and play Sawyer most of the time in the HC game and get a look at what he can bring....not holding my breath though..

I would bet my truck that doesn't happen.

FISHDAWG
11-08-2022, 12:45 PM

KJ Costello was a 5 Star ... 5th year Senior and set an SEC record for passing yardage in a single game against the defending National Champions ... yet Will replaced him. Sawyer or Parson's time is coming if they can stay patient ... Problem is we see what we think CAN BE as opposed to what we have now. Hey, I'm also excited about what can be with a more mobil QB but until we get to that point I'm kinda glad we have Will to fall back on .... I was pissed when Leach let Schrader transfer .... In the words of the immortal Tom Petty .... "the waiting is the hardest part"

confucius say
11-08-2022, 02:07 PM

Didn't he bench Luke Faulk who had set all kinds of records?

confucius say
11-08-2022, 02:07 PM

Robertson was much higher rated than Parson. If you believe in recruiting rankings.

TrapGame
11-08-2022, 02:08 PM
KJ Costello was a 5 Star ... 5th year Senior and set an SEC record for passing yardage in a single game against the defending National Champions ... yet Will replaced him. Sawyer or Parson's time is coming if they can stay patient ... Problem is we see what we think CAN BE as opposed to what we have now. Hey, I'm also excited about what can be with a more mobil QB but until we get to that point I'm kinda glad we have Will to fall back on .... I was pissed when Leach let Schrader transfer .... In the words of the immortal Tom Petty .... "the waiting is the hardest part"

Understood, however, the guy under Will who is the higher rated QB is not anywhere close to competing with Will, who also has his own shortcomings. Again, that gulf between them after Sawyer has been here two years is concerning. If Will is just a placeholder for someone Leach is very high on and that guy can't even hold Will's jock right now, that's concerning.

FISHDAWG
11-08-2022, 02:17 PM
Understood, however, the guy under Will who is the higher rated QB is not anywhere close to competing with Will, who also has his own shortcomings. Again, that gulf between them after Sawyer has been here two years is concerning. If Will is just a placeholder for someone Leach is very high on and that guy can't even hold Will's jock right now, that's concerning.

yeah I agree it's concerning but game time and practice time are two different things and what bothers me the most is Sawyer not getting any game time / experience .... not even when we should have taken Will out of the game with a big lead .... That makes me think the gap between them is much wider than we are thinking ... my point is for now let's be glad Will is here because Sawyer may not be the answer we are all hoping for.

TrapGame
11-08-2022, 02:22 PM
yeah I agree it's concerning but game time and practice time are two different things and what bothers me the most is Sawyer not getting any game time / experience .... not even when we should have taken Will out of the game with a big lead .... That makes me think the gap between them is much wider than we are thinking ... my point is for now let's be glad Will is here because Sawyer may not be the answer we are all hoping for.

What really concerns me is Auburn was loading the box Saturday night. They weren't dropping 8 and rushing 3. There was a lot of man coverage. Will still went 6/24 in that span. He couldn't hit a 50/50 to a WR. The Air Raid is supposed to chew man coverage up like a lion with a raw steak. Now that's concerning in year 3.

TNDawg35
11-08-2022, 02:58 PM
What really concerns me is Auburn was loading the box Saturday night. They weren't dropping 8 and rushing 3. There was a lot of man coverage. Will still went 6/24 in that span. He couldn't hit a 50/50 to a WR. The Air Raid is supposed to chew man coverage up like a lion with a raw steak. Now that's concerning in year 3.

It is all on Will. Look at the interception he threw. The WR was wide open and he over shot him. Then to be honest, on our drive to tie it with 3 field goals, Will should have been picked, but the DB feel down. I mean he literally threw it right to him. Another one, the last possession our last play before the field goal try, we ran a wheel route. Will missed HORRIBLY. I mean he was like 10 yards ahead of the RB.

Will has been jykle or Hyde. He will play lights out, then completely disappear. When the offense sputters, it’s Will. I don’t know if he gets complacent or scared or what his problem is. He seems to check to runs when he should throw, then he checks to passes when he should clearly run.

Maverick91
11-08-2022, 03:01 PM

You are confusing the QBs inability to read a defense with the system that defeats the defense. Will has proven time and again that he is slow to that process. Its not the system it’s the QB currently.

TrapGame
11-08-2022, 03:15 PM
It is all on Will. Look at the interception he threw. The WR was wide open and he over shot him. Then to be honest, on our drive to tie it with 3 field goals, Will should have been picked, but the DB feel down. I mean he literally threw it right to him. Another one, the last possession our last play before the field goal try, we ran a wheel route. Will missed HORRIBLY. I mean he was like 10 yards ahead of the RB.

Will has been jykle or Hyde. He will play lights out, then completely disappear. When the offense sputters, it’s Will. I don’t know if he gets complacent or scared or what his problem is. He seems to check to runs when he should throw, then he checks to passes when he should clearly run.

You are confusing the QBs inability to read a defense with the system that defeats the defense. Will has proven time and again that he is slow to that process. Its not the system it’s the QB currently.

Exactly. Will is more of a hindrance to the offense at this point. When we face a defense with a good rush he sucks his nuts up his ass.

Vandownbytheriver
11-08-2022, 09:52 PM

Sunshine Pumpers - 20%

Leach Haters - 20%

Realists - 20%

You forgot the 5% who are pissed off and are never happy no matter what or who the coach is and the 5% who'd rather be right and us lose than wrong and us win. That last group is rather prevalent these days. I'd give them 10% of the "Wait til Next Year" group.

Jarius
11-08-2022, 10:08 PM
We are currently on track to have the 3rd best offense in our school’s history (ppg wise) with one of the nation’s toughest schedules. The only offenses that scored more points than this one are the 2014 and 2015 teams, and we still play an FCS school and a bad ole miss defense which will likely make that PPG go up and possibly Surpass the 15 team. The reason people are down on Mike Leach is because Ole Miss has an exceptional head coach, not just a good head coach like we have. They look at them and say we should be as good or better no matter what. I am not saying that is the wrong attitude to have. A rising tide lifts all boats. That being said, some perspective is needed.

yjnkdawg
11-08-2022, 11:38 PM

Is the new AD going to pay off CML's buyout before after pulling the cord? Asking for a friend. AD can tell a coach what he expects, goals, etc. from the football program and evaluate and assess but an AD does not make player calls or tell the coach who to play.

HancockCountyDog
11-08-2022, 11:41 PM
We are currently on track to have the 3rd best offense in our school’s history (ppg wise) with one of the nation’s toughest schedules. The only offenses that scored more points than this one are the 2014 and 2015 teams, and we still play an FCS school and a bad ole miss defense which will likely make that PPG go up and possibly Surpass the 15 team. The reason people are down on Mike Leach is because Ole Miss has an exceptional head coach, not just a good head coach like we have. They look at them and say we should be as good or better no matter what. I am not saying that is the wrong attitude to have. A rising tide lifts all boats. That being said, some perspective is needed.

My frustration right now has everything to do with the fact that in eleven straight drives against AU, we scored 7 points, after being given the ball on their 25 yard line.

I don't give a sh!t about the bears. We hired an offensive HC, our offense is not getting it done consistently. Anything else is just noise.

Jarius
11-09-2022, 07:07 AM
My frustration right now has everything to do with the fact that in eleven straight drives against AU, we scored 7 points, after being given the ball on their 25 yard line.

I don't give a sh!t about the bears. We hired an offensive HC, our offense is not getting it done consistently. Anything else is just noise.

I definitely understand being upset with our Auburn performance, but my comment is on the offense as a whole. It’s the 3rd best in our history. If you want to be upset with that type of production then go ahead. I’m not going to stop you. Hell I cuss Mike leach out at least 5 times a game. Putting what we are doing in perspective though, it’s not nearly as bad as people on here want everyone to believe. Dan Mullen had 2 offenses that were better than this one in 9 years and he is our standard. He did that with one of the best quarterbacks in the nfl, currently.

basedog
11-09-2022, 08:12 AM

Maybe pre-season was considered one of the toughest schedules, I wouldn't say it was one of the toughest, but we are in the Sec.

BrunswickDawg
11-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Offenses stall - its football.
For perspective: Fumble, Punt, Fumble, Missed FG. Punt, Td (started on 50), TD (started on opponent 17), Downs, Punt, Punt, Punt, TD (started on own 45), TD (Started on opponent 44).

That's our drive chart from the '17 MSU (7-3, 3-3) vs. Arkansas (4-6, 1-5), where we spent most of the game behind, finally scoring the go ahead TD with 17 seconds left. That offensive genius had similar issues. I guess most of fans were too busy making up rumors about our QB to notice.

Lord McBuckethead
11-09-2022, 10:19 AM
And you know Leach didn't suggest to the entire team to take a flu vaccine. So... you know they didn't. If one person had the flu in the locker room, then 25 of them are going to have it showing symptoms by game time.

Lord McBuckethead
11-09-2022, 10:21 AM
I definitely understand being upset with our Auburn performance, but my comment is on the offense as a whole. It’s the 3rd best in our history. If you want to be upset with that type of production then go ahead. I’m not going to stop you. Hell I cuss Mike leach out at least 5 times a game. Putting what we are doing in perspective though, it’s not nearly as bad as people on here want everyone to believe. Dan Mullen had 2 offenses that were better than this one in 9 years and he is our standard. He did that with one of the best quarterbacks in the nfl, currently.

3rd best in our history is complete shit. Sorry, but our history of offensive production is shit. We didn't hire Leach to have a bad offense. We hired him to win games with great offenses. Haven't seen it yet. And in three years we have only played a complete offensive game once. Every other game, we have taken off huge chunk of the game and pissed it away. It has happened every single game this season, even against non-conference teams.

The one game we did play a complete game on offense, Game 1 against LSU. Ever since then..... amateur hour.

Jarius
11-09-2022, 11:59 AM
3rd best in our history is complete shit. Sorry, but our history of offensive production is shit. We didn't hire Leach to have a bad offense. We hired him to win games with great offenses. Haven't seen it yet. And in three years we have only played a complete offensive game once. Every other game, we have taken off huge chunk of the game and pissed it away. It has happened every single game this season, even against non-conference teams.

The one game we did play a complete game on offense, Game 1 against LSU. Ever since then..... amateur hour.

What is your opinion of Dan Mullen’s offenses while here, just for reference ?

Jarius
11-09-2022, 12:00 PM
And you know Leach didn't suggest to the entire team to take a flu vaccine. So... you know they didn't. If one person had the flu in the locker room, then 25 of them are going to have it showing symptoms by game time.

Good lord man.

PMDawg
11-09-2022, 12:05 PM

That's another fault of the air raid. No lead is ever safe, so you don't get to see a lot of younger guys get real game reps.

HancockCountyDog
11-09-2022, 12:10 PM
What is your opinion of Dan Mullen’s offenses while here, just for reference ?

All I can tell you is that under Mullen I didn't dread 3rd and less than 2 yards.

We could convert third and short under Mullen. Teams are playing faster and offenses are getting the ball more and more, so the stats are inflated, across the board. I just know that on 3rd and 1 I want Mullen making the call and not Leach.

That doesn't mean I want Mullen back, I don't ever really mention him, but since you brought him up - that is what I think.

PMDawg
11-09-2022, 12:15 PM

That may be some people, but it's not me. Couldn't care less about Ole Miss, as long as they don't win it all. What I do care about is being a 6-6 or 7-5 team, or worse, every year. I'm ready to be better than that. I've been skeptical that ML is the right guy to get us over that hump, and I remain so.

BuckyIsAB****
11-09-2022, 12:22 PM

Lets blame Leach for getting sick too. What a dumbass fire him immediately Kiffin never gets sick

Jarius
11-09-2022, 12:26 PM
All I can tell you is that under Mullen I didn't dread 3rd and less than 2 yards.

We could convert third and short under Mullen. Teams are playing faster and offenses are getting the ball more and more, so the stats are inflated, across the board. I just know that on 3rd and 1 I want Mullen making the call and not Leach.

That doesn't mean I want Mullen back, I don't ever really mention him, but since you brought him up - that is what I think.

We very rarely run tempo (which I don’t like). We have been a ball control offense for 3 years. Our stats aren’t inflated, they just simply fly in the face of people’s warped reality of what Mullen did on offense every year here outside of Dak’s 2 main years. Mullen averaged 7 wins a year and most people consider him our best coach ever. I want more than that and I am fine with moving on from Leach if we can find someone to do better. Just putting our expectations in perspective as to what we were even with our best coach ever.

RezDog7
11-09-2022, 12:30 PM

Please tell us what offense never stalls, punts or turns the ball over. I'll wait.

RezDog7
11-09-2022, 12:39 PM

So QB dive? Real innovative.

FISHDAWG
11-09-2022, 01:32 PM
We very rarely run tempo (which I don?t like). We have been a ball control offense for 3 years. Our stats aren?t inflated, they just simply fly in the face of people?s warped reality of what Mullen did on offense every year here outside of Dak?s 2 main years. Mullen averaged 7 wins a year and most people consider him our best coach ever. I want more than that and I am fine with moving on from Leach if we can find someone to do better. Just putting our expectations in perspective as to what we were even with our best coach ever.

I'm too lazy to do the research but I wouldn't be surprised to see that we run more offensive plays per game under Leach than we did with Mullen

BrunswickDawg
11-09-2022, 01:36 PM
I'm too lazy to do the research but I wouldn't be surprised to see that we run more offensive plays per game under Leach than we did with Mullen

72.6 plays a game this season, and 75 a game last year.
2017 - 75.9
2016 - 72.5
2015 - 71.3
2014 - 77

Essentially the same as Mullen.

FISHDAWG
11-09-2022, 01:55 PM
72.6 plays a game this season, and 75 a game last year.
2017 - 75.9
2016 - 72.5
2015 - 71.3
2014 - 77

Essentially the same as Mullen.

thanks ... yeah that's pretty even .... I keep trying to fabricate some good MoJo for Leach but it's not easy

Johnson85
11-09-2022, 01:55 PM
So QB dive? Real innovative.

That's a QB dive out of the shotgun thank you. It's not just a QB dive.**

Seriously though, Mullen's play calling got worse the longer he was here. I think having limitations at QB forced him to be more creative his first few years, then once he got his system installed, he got predictable and stale.