PDA

View Full Version : What will be our excuse if this is true?

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 09:33 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/6zsd5v.jpg

Maverick91
11-06-2022, 09:40 PM
Thats 100 percent facts. This has been my biggest question with NIL is how hungry these players would be the nice they got paid more so than the free education and everything else they get.

Coach34
11-06-2022, 09:48 PM
As I said in another thread- expect to see top players pulling back and sitting out in November. "playing hurt" is something of the past.

coachnorm
11-06-2022, 10:12 PM
Support 34s statement and will add to it. What is going to happen if the playoffs are expanded well into January. First, the NFL will not surrender time slots and that will be hurtful. Second, what is going to happen with the November pull backs getting ready for NFL Pro Days and combine preparations? Are no shows on the horizon for expanded college football play offs?

msu15
11-06-2022, 10:16 PM
Is Forbes a pull back?

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 11:17 PM
Is Forbes a pull back?

Heard from more than one source that it is good his issue was discovered and he had surgery. Hail Forbes! Hail State!

Commercecomet24
11-06-2022, 11:19 PM
Is Forbes a pull back?

No

Bothrops
11-07-2022, 12:58 AM
Yall mean to tell me money is ruining college football...

msu15
11-07-2022, 01:04 AM
No

Good deal. I figured it was legit injury, just never know anymore.

msu15
11-07-2022, 01:05 AM
Heard from more than one source that it is good his issue was discovered and he had surgery. Hail Forbes! Hail State!

Good to hear!

Todd4State
11-07-2022, 01:14 AM
I actually think NIL could be good for MSU.

The issue we have is because we chose to play by the rules for years and an AD that didn't know what the hell he was doing because it wasn't baseball it put us behind in the game and we didn't have much structure.

I do think we will catch up in time. I mean- if Bracky Brett of all people is trying to promote NIL imagine what someone competent can do?

NIL is also different because it's not just fans it corporations and things like that which can participate. Really, it's an untapped resource for us and we're still learning how to navigate it.

Hopefully we hire an AD that understands the landscape much better than Cohen and Larry Templeton instead of just hoping it's a fad that goes away.

parabrave
11-07-2022, 02:08 AM
I remember hearing that when Young signed his million dollar deal that it did cause resentment in the lockerroom.

coachnorm
11-07-2022, 09:48 AM
I remember hearing that when Young signed his million dollar deal that it did cause resentment in the lockerroom.

Why should there be resentment when Bryce Young signed most of his NIL while at Mater Dei High School in Los Angeles?

msudawglb
11-07-2022, 10:16 AM
Why should there be resentment when Bryce Young signed most of his NIL while at Mater Dei High School in Los Angeles?

I've always thought there should be a max NIL deal for a HS recruit. And that amount should be extended possibly through a redshirt year. Then once a player starts playing...NIL money should be split equally based on playing time across the team. And then add some sort of incentive package on top of that.

MadDawg
11-07-2022, 10:18 AM
As I said in another thread- expect to see top players pulling back and sitting out in November. "playing hurt" is something of the past.

Which is why all bowl games suck now. Every single one of them. Unless you are in the playoffs, who gives a 17? The players damn sure don't.

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 10:32 AM
I posted here about the "intense" discussion my son and I observed between what appeared to be a player and a staff looking type at a gas station here in Starkville before the KY game over NIL. It was still going on when we left. I know what the Supreme Court decision was, but this is out of control with some type regulations needed. Heck, even the NFL have contracts and salary caps. This a locker room cancer already there or coming. It is probably a roster and recruiting nightmare for the coaching staff and administration. Do you really think many of these guys are still "student athletes" worrying about a degree with this kind of money coming in and their eyes on the league. Heck, some may have to take a pay cut if they make the NFL!

DownwardDawg
11-07-2022, 10:37 AM
I've always thought there should be a max NIL deal for a HS recruit. And that amount should be extended possibly through a redshirt year. Then once a player starts playing...NIL money should be split equally based on playing time across the team. And then add some sort of incentive package on top of that.

There absolutely should be a max!! Per player and per team.

DownwardDawg
11-07-2022, 10:39 AM
Yall mean to tell me money is ruining college football...

NIL is absolutely ruining it and it wasn't hard to see it coming.

Offshore Dawg
11-07-2022, 05:14 PM
There absolutely should be a max!! Per player and per team.

This makes way too much sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parabrave
11-07-2022, 05:31 PM
NIL is absolutely ruining it and it wasn't hard to see it coming.

I think once the Girls start asking where is their piece and start up with the federal Lawsuits then the NIL will be cut back. The NCAA should've started giving all these kids a monthly stipend years ago.

msstate7
11-07-2022, 05:35 PM
Can you incentivize NIL deals?

Goldendawg
11-07-2022, 05:43 PM
I think once the Girls start asking where is their piece and start up with the federal Lawsuits then the NIL will be cut back. The NCAA should've started giving all these kids a monthly stipend years ago.

Heck, they're not even protected under Title 9 anymore, even on the HS levels.

parabrave
11-07-2022, 06:29 PM
Heck, they're not even protected under Title 9 anymore, even on the HS levels.

Well some money hungry Civil Rights lawyer is going to put a wrench in the NIL.

dawgday166
11-07-2022, 07:01 PM

Are there "girl" sports anymore? I thought those were "they/them" sports now. ***