PDA

View Full Version : AD/HC

DEDawg
11-06-2022, 05:30 PM
If we go 1-2 these last 3 and lose our third straight to Ole Miss does our new AD pull the trigger on replacing Leach? Would be a perfect opportunity for the new person to tie themself to their own hire.

I hope we get someone completely out of our program with big ole balls not afraid to make a Freeze like hire.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 05:42 PM
I think the AD gives one year more to Leech.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2022, 05:44 PM

Me too. But hopefully he already has his guy in mind.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 05:50 PM
Leach gets another year if he pulls a QB from the portal. Take that new found NIL money and go get us a QB that can win more than 6 or 7 games next season.

R2Dawg
11-06-2022, 05:53 PM

New AD will give Leach the Byrne ultimatum and we'll see what Leach does with it. We are in a bowl so new AD ain't going to do anything hasty.
Expect Leach response like Croom.

viverlibre
11-06-2022, 05:58 PM
No possibility of Leach getting fired (unless ETSU upsets us and we lose the other two).

Cowbell
11-06-2022, 06:03 PM
Leach gets another year if he pulls a QB from the portal. Take that new found NIL money and go get us a QB that can win more than 6 or 7 games next season.
Leech ain't going after a portal QB / we got a committ right now better than anyone on campus talent-wise

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 06:03 PM
What if a new coach can bring a QB upgrade with him. Do we retire Leach.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 06:05 PM
Leech ain't going after a portal QB / we got a committ right now better than anyone on campus talent-wise

Yeah I heard that same thing about the ones in our QB room now.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-06-2022, 06:14 PM
MSU has one the easiest possible schedules next year for a SEC West team. You give Leach next year?. If we drag @ss again next year you cut Leach loose.
There is probably a 20-25% chance he retires this year and rides off to Key West depending on how we finish the season.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 06:20 PM

If Currie's the hire, the "guy he already has in mind" is probably ... Mike Leach, so we're good.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 06:20 PM
AD/HC - I saw the title of this thread and thought it was some kind of off topic medical issue! LOL.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 06:24 PM
AD/HC - I saw the title of this thread and thought it was some kind of off topic medical issue! LOL.

I thought maybe Angus and the boys were playing the Hump.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 06:33 PM
I thought maybe Angus and the boys were playing the Hump.

I wish! All members except Angus seem to have various medical issues. Wish they could do one more tour, so I could go with my 21 year old, classic rock raised son. Meanwhile, Leach will be here for 2023 unless we get totally embarrassed by GA and stomped by OM, ala, a Croomish 48-0, "I didn't see that coming" game. Maybe we get one of his "Leach unexpected big wins" or 2 to finish the regular season. Haven't had one yet. Hail State!

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 07:14 PM
We have one kid from Texas that lit up Texas high school football that can?t for some reason learn 8 offensive plays and sniff the panties of getting on the field ahead of a guy that cannot throw 30 yards down field and can?t run. So???

Seriously guys, if we see one more game like this?. We absolutely have to give the other guy a shot. I say give Sawyer the entire ETSU game. I want to see what he has more than 3 plays with backup receivers in.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 07:16 PM
MSU has one the easiest possible schedules next year for a SEC West team. You give Leach next year?. If we drag @ss again next year you cut Leach loose.
There is probably a 20-25% chance he retires this year and rides off to Key West depending on how we finish the season.

Exactly. Easiest schedule ever, which only changes one game in our schedule. We Amber Heard the bed against teams we should beat again, and we are looking at another 6-6, 7-5 crap season. Why keep repeating?

Cooterpoot
11-06-2022, 07:17 PM
We won't hire an AD til first of the year according to Keenum. If so, you can forget a change.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 07:26 PM
I wish! All members except Angus seem to have various medical issues. Wish they could do one more tour, so I could go with my 21 year old, classic rock raised son. Meanwhile, Leach will be here for 2023 unless we get totally embarrassed by GA and stomped by OM, ala, a Croomish 48-0, "I didn't see that coming" game. Maybe we get one of his "Leach unexpected big wins" or 2 to finish the regular season. Haven't had one yet. Hail State!

That?s crazy Golden! Mine just turned 21 and he was raised on classic rock. He probably knows the songs better than his parents!! Would DEFINITELY take him to that show!!!

Yes, believe odds are Leach is back for Year 4. There are several paths that would allow him back.

tcdog70
11-06-2022, 07:31 PM
I don’t get it. Most everyone had us at 6-3 to start the year. Why do people think we are having such a terrible year? If we win 2 of the next 3 -is everyone happy? I think it is doable.
8-4 —I’ll be happy—then win the bowl game—9 wins great year—right?

parabrave
11-06-2022, 07:39 PM
We have one kid from Texas that lit up Texas high school football that can?t for some reason learn 8 offensive plays and sniff the panties of getting on the field ahead of a guy that cannot throw 30 yards down field and can?t run. So???

Seriously guys, if we see one more game like this?. We absolutely have to give the other guy a shot. I say give Sawyer the entire ETSU game. I want to see what he has more than 3 plays with backup receivers in.

It's called coaching.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2022, 08:02 PM
If we go 1-2 these last 3 and lose our third straight to Ole Miss does our new AD pull the trigger on replacing Leach? Would be a perfect opportunity for the new person to tie themself to their own hire.

I hope we get someone completely out of our program with big ole balls not afraid to make a Freeze like hire.

No trigger would even possibly be pulled (which ain't happening this year anyway) unless you or others can come up with the money to pay off CML's buyout. If we get an AD who wants to hire Freeze then (IMO) we got the wrong AD. I don't see the SEC Office welcoming Freeze back to the SEC anytime soon. He embarrassed the SEC Office big time and on a national stage.

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 08:20 PM

I'm afraid we are gonna see that QB portal to another SEC program and look like a stud (i.e. Bo Nix at Oregon). That will be a gut punch. And I agree about him getting meaningful reps. He needs a chunk of the ETSU game. A chunk.

If we get skull ****ed by both GA and OM it could lead to a serious discussion about Leach retiring. I guarantee a demoralizing EB loss will get Keenum a shit ton of angry voicemails, texts and emails.

yjnkdawg
11-06-2022, 08:31 PM
I'm afraid we are gonna see that QB portal to another SEC program and look like a stud (i.e. Bo Nix at Oregon). That will be a gut punch. And I agree about him getting meaningful reps. He needs a chunk of the ETSU game. A chunk.

If we get skull ****ed by both GA and OM it could lead to a serious discussion about Leach retiring. I guarantee a demoralizing EB loss will get Keenum a shit ton of angry voicemails, texts and emails.

Keenum is adamant about winning the Egg Bowl and any football coach that has been hired during his tenure here is well aware of that and was during the interview process as well.

sandjunky
11-06-2022, 08:36 PM
No trigger would even possibly be pulled (which ain't happening this year anyway) unless you or others can come up with the money to pay off CML's buyout. If we get an AD who wants to hire Freeze then (IMO) we got the wrong AD. I don't see the SEC Office welcoming Freeze back to the SEC anytime soon. He embarrassed the SEC Office big time and on a national stage.

Keenum is adamant about winning the Egg Bowl and any football coach that has been hired during his tenure here is well aware of that and was during the interview process as well.

So he can lose 3 in a row, got it

msu15
11-06-2022, 08:37 PM

Yep, and the Egg Bowl was the only reason that Moorhead even got a chance to coach the Music City Bowl. Had we lost to that trash 2019 Ole Miss team in our home field, Joe was going to be fired Friday morning.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 08:44 PM
So he can lose 3 in a row, got it

Well you know, adamant has its limits. ****

Homedawg
11-06-2022, 08:45 PM

Considering our list of candidates interested last time I seriously doubt that's possible.

Homedawg
11-06-2022, 08:46 PM

I don't know what the retiring talk is all about. He's not about to walk away from anything. Meaning he has 15 million coming to him. Gonna have to fire him. Don't think he's getting fired this year. Would be shocked. But Keemun is gonna be pissed when we lose our third straight egg

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 08:48 PM

And he's 2-0. We get punked on Thanksgiving night it's gonna get vocal. I really would not be surprised if Leach announces his retirement if we lose ugly.

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 08:50 PM
I don't know what the retiring talk is all about. He's not about to walk away from anything. Meaning he has 15 million coming to him. Gonna have to fire him. Don't think he's getting fired this year. Would be shocked. But Keemun is gonna be pissed when we lose our third straight egg

It's gonna look really sad on TV next year when we have a half full house for a major SEC match up like LSU.

Homedawg
11-06-2022, 08:55 PM
Maybe so but he's gonna be the coach.

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 09:03 PM
It's gonna look really sad on TV next year when we have a half full house for a major SEC match up like LSU.

And people wonder why so many people on our own boards say we have the worst fanbase in America...

Homedawg
11-06-2022, 09:08 PM
Look I wasn't a fan of the leach hire at the time. Still not a big fan. But this can a can every 3 years is just rinse repeat. In 3 years you guys expecting 9 wins every year will be wanting another change.

sandjunky
11-06-2022, 09:09 PM

Well you know, adamant has its limits. ****

Keenum just giving lip service

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 09:10 PM
Keenum just giving lip service

I think Keenum is smart enough to know that all Ole Miss teams aren't equal and that losing to a really good one isn't the same as losing to a bad one.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 09:12 PM
And people wonder why so many people on our own boards say we have the worst fanbase in America...

Nah. Just like everything else, we would not even be in the Top 25. ****

LC Dawg
11-06-2022, 09:13 PM
There is a 99.99% chance Leach is our coach in 2023 unless he decides on his own to leave. I know people are frustrated but there is really no point in multiple threads discussing this.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-06-2022, 09:14 PM
I hate to place so much emphasis on one game, but the egg determines optimism next year as much as it has in a while.

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 09:51 PM

So, getting ass raped by OM and probably losing the bowl game won't impact attendance next season? We already have people that just don't give a shit already. More of the same is gonna make a lot worse.

Leach better coach his ass off next season or we're gonna find this program in some serious quick sand. We need to see how this offense is going to evolve and adapt to the SEC. Because it hasn't yet.

Really Clark?
11-06-2022, 10:24 PM
I don’t get it. Most everyone had us at 6-3 to start the year. Why do people think we are having such a terrible year? If we win 2 of the next 3 -is everyone happy? I think it is doable.
8-4 —I’ll be happy—then win the bowl game—9 wins great year—right?

I don't get this logic. Not calling for a coach firing but after you have actually watched the season unfold and watch your opponents you can feel worse about a record, even if it's the same number you thought preseason. Arkansas, A & M suck a lot worse than thought preseason. Kentucky is not a good team. LSU is a lot better though even though we very well could have won that game. You can see enough to re-evaluate a preseason thought of 6-3 to understand that 7-2 or 8-1 was actually very attainable after 9 games being played.