PDA

View Full Version : My camp

Maverick91
11-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Ever since we hired Leach I wanted him to work here, he is a weird and quirky guy. I feel like State is kinda the same way to be honest, we are both outcasts by the National media standard and well, if the two outcasts can come together and win at a high level that just sounds nice.

1. We are still struggling with the same up and down issues that we had last year. Is this Leach or is this the locker room not having true leadership?

2. There are two very firm camps on this board. The first one is Leach will never succeed and Rogers sucks. The second one is Leach is succeeding and Rogers is breaking records. The camp I sit in is that this team is doing what we have done for 10 years, so, that is good. I see things that I like and I see things that I dont like. Just so happens the things I like overpower the things I dont. The main thing I dont like is that Will currently is not a game changer and for whatever reason our receivers are lazy. This is overly bad due to the fact that this offense is so pass happy. If we were run happy this wouldn?t be so glaring. Until Rogers learns to slow the game down in his head and actually read and react for four quarters we will continue to struggle.

3. If you are looking at this team and thinking the air raid is the issue, please stop. It is lazy and you can do better. The air raid can clearly score points and doing it against pretty much anybody IF the team shows up, case in point we would have scored 20 points on bama this year if we just catch some balls they are basic catches. Which brings me to point four.

4. This team has t make up its mind if they are going to play or not. Leach said it best last night when he said we have to learn to enjoy prosperity more. I agree, we get up on people instead of putting our foot on their throat and killing them we just chill and before we know it they are back in the game, and twice this year we lost the game because of it. This team doesn?t know how to kill and that goes back to leadership in the locker room. We have to have some guys step up and set a standard until that happens we will continue to be inconsistent.

5. Will we best Georgia probably not. Could be, I think we could if we actually come out and play four quarters. Games like last night can wake teams up and I am hoping and praying that it woke this team up.

HAILSTATE

dawgday166
11-06-2022, 12:47 PM
Like Leach says, these guys like to relax too much and think about their fat little girlfriends. Get a big lead then quit thinking about how to attack the D and start thinking about the after game party.

vindastra
11-06-2022, 12:57 PM
If none of the backup QBs can throw the ball even after all these years, it is the coach's fault. No one told him to hitch his wagon onto Will.

We don't run any "air-raid" and once Johnson went down, we don't have any running game left either.

Santiago
11-06-2022, 01:01 PM
Ever since we hired Leach I wanted him to work here, he is a weird and quirky guy. I feel like State is kinda the same way to be honest, we are both outcasts by the National media standard and well, if the two outcasts can come together and win at a high level that just sounds nice.

1. We are still struggling with the same up and down issues that we had last year. Is this Leach or is this the locker room not having true leadership?

2. There are two very firm camps on this board. The first one is Leach will never succeed and Rogers sucks. The second one is Leach is succeeding and Rogers is breaking records. The camp I sit in is that this team is doing what we have done for 10 years, so, that is good. I see things that I like and I see things that I dont like. Just so happens the things I like overpower the things I dont. The main thing I dont like is that Will currently is not a game changer and for whatever reason our receivers are lazy. This is overly bad due to the fact that this offense is so pass happy. If we were run happy this wouldn?t be so glaring. Until Rogers learns to slow the game down in his head and actually read and react for four quarters we will continue to struggle.

3. If you are looking at this team and thinking the air raid is the issue, please stop. It is lazy and you can do better. The air raid can clearly score points and doing it against pretty much anybody IF the team shows up, case in point we would have scored 20 points on bama this year if we just catch some balls they are basic catches. Which brings me to point four.

4. This team has t make up its mind if they are going to play or not. Leach said it best last night when he said we have to learn to enjoy prosperity more. I agree, we get up on people instead of putting our foot on their throat and killing them we just chill and before we know it they are back in the game, and twice this year we lost the game because of it. This team doesn?t know how to kill and that goes back to leadership in the locker room. We have to have some guys step up and set a standard until that happens we will continue to be inconsistent.

5. Will we best Georgia probably not. Could be, I think we could if we actually come out and play four quarters. Games like last night can wake teams up and I am hoping and praying that it woke this team up.

HAILSTATE

Maverick, you summed it up really well, and I agree with you on all points.

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2022, 01:04 PM
If LSU and UK didn't wake us up I'm not too confident it will happen. Had we not defiled the bed against those two teams were sitting alone in first place in the west. We had LSU beat and then just quit and I don't even want to relive the UK game.

Maverick91
11-06-2022, 01:15 PM
If LSU and UK didn't wake us up I'm not too confident it will happen. Had we not defiled the bed against those two teams were sitting alone in first place in the west. We had LSU beat and then just quit and I don't even want to relive the UK game.

Brother I dont disagree. But there is a light bulb moment that I feel we all have been waiting on with these players. LSU and Kentucky should have been light bulb moments but for whatever reason they werent. This is the same thing could really be one.

Maverick91
11-06-2022, 01:16 PM
If none of the backup QBs can throw the ball even after all these years, it is the coach's fault. No one told him to hitch his wagon onto Will.

We don't run any "air-raid" and once Johnson went down, we don't have any running game left either.

I really dont think it has to do with throwing the ball. I think it has to do with understanding the offense, there is a reason that Leach has never outside of Will started a questerback until his 2nd or 3rd year.