PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Austin Williams for saving the game last night...

maroonmania
11-06-2022, 12:33 PM
For a guy that gets grief for the fumble at the goal line against OM or the muffed punt against LSU or whatever, he absolutely saved that game last night with an incredible 4th and 2 catch of a terrible pass that was both low and behind him. That catch allowed us the opportunity to keep the drive alive that got us the tying FG in regulation leading to the eventual win in OT. For all the screwups we had last night that was an incredible individual effort on his part. Just wanted to give the guy a shout out.

Travelingdawg
11-06-2022, 12:36 PM
Austin is a guy you want on your team.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-06-2022, 12:41 PM
Give a shout out to Arnett and the defense as well for not giving up after watching the offense stall the majority of the game?they could have easily gave up, they were gassed at the end but they were on the field all night

Thick
11-06-2022, 12:57 PM
For a guy that gets grief for the fumble at the goal line against OM or the muffed punt against LSU or whatever, he absolutely saved that game last night with an incredible 4th and 2 catch of a terrible pass that was both low and behind him. That catch allowed us the opportunity to keep the drive alive that got us the tying FG in regulation leading to the eventual win in OT. For all the screwups we had last night that was an incredible individual effort on his part. Just wanted to give the guy a shout out.

Totally agree 💯! We don?t throw enough balls to him. Hitch, outs, slants, seam routes are all good for him, and he?s got the best hands on the team.

msudawg1200
11-06-2022, 02:00 PM
I agree. Many times when our O is stuck in the mud a short throw to Austin gets us moving again.

msstate7
11-06-2022, 02:08 PM
It was a great play... not sure it was a catch, but he sold it

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 02:16 PM
It was a great play... not sure it was a catch, but he sold it

We complain that we can't be Alabama or LSU or Ohio State, but would anyone in any those fanbases ever say this on a message board? It was a catch, end of story.

msstate7
11-06-2022, 02:21 PM
We complain that we can't be Alabama or LSU or Ohio State, but would anyone in any those fanbases ever say this on a message board? It was a catch, end of story.

What does it matter? Replay didn't confirm it

Quaoarsking
11-06-2022, 02:28 PM
What does it matter? Replay didn't confirm it

Because I have been pointing out how any time Leach wins (going all the way back to Leach's first game), a full squad of haters and losers comes on here to put down the win. And I don't really consider you to be part of the squad or anything, but it's not helpful for people who aren't even part of it to be finding ways to put down the win too.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 03:33 PM
It may have been a catch, it may not have been. Either way, replay said it was.

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 03:34 PM
One thing we all can agree on, it was a shitty throw.

Commercecomet24
11-06-2022, 05:14 PM
It goes down as a catch nothing else matters,period.

Commercecomet24
11-06-2022, 05:17 PM
Because I have been pointing out how any time Leach wins (going all the way back to Leach's first game), a full squad of haters and losers comes on here to put down the win. And I don't really consider you to be part of the squad or anything, but it's not helpful for people who aren't even part of it to be finding ways to put down the win too.

I've said it a million times and it's true now and forever. Every sec win is hard and earned, and there are no gimmes. Every sec win is good win.

BrunswickDawg
11-06-2022, 06:34 PM
I've said it a million times and it's true now and forever. Every sec win is hard and earned, and there are no gimmes. Every sec win is good win.

Yep. It's also why it is so important that we get butts in seats at home. Winning on the road in the SEC can be damn difficult for even Georgia and Bama - but you have to have jacked up crowds to do it. Believe it or not, our crowd can make a difference - we've seen it even before the NEZ expansion and before cowbells were "legal". Butts in seats matters.

Commercecomet24
11-06-2022, 06:36 PM
Yep. It's also why it is so important that we get butts in seats at home. Winning on the road in the SEC can be damn difficult for even Georgia and Bama - but you have to have jacked up crowds to do it. Believe it or not, our crowd can make a difference - we've seen it even before the NEZ expansion and before cowbells were "legal". Butts in seats matters.

Yes sir!

State82
11-06-2022, 07:51 PM
before cowbells were "legal". Butts in seats matters.

Speaking of cowbells, the athletic department may need to present a little refresher course on the bell usage regulation. Everyone needs to stay cognizant of this.