PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Overtime Is The Right Time Edition

Coach34
11-06-2022, 12:00 PM
1. Almost nothing is bettah than grilling and football. Grill full of steaks and burgers and the best college football day of the season. Finely cut 20 oz ribeyes marinated a couple of hours in Dale's cooked to a perfect medium well so there is no pink left in the meat. Kroger brand burgers pre-packaged for convenience as well as taste. That ground sirloin they use must be wagyu beef it tastes so good. The day went so well we even got some overtime thrown in to make it last longer. Just awesome. And Tito. Can't leave him out. Special day.

2. It was not a pretty day in StarkVegas tho. Rainy day. Good thing rain doesnt affect the Air Raid tho and we persevered thru the rain like a finely oiled machine fresh off the assembly line. Only had 3 turnovers in that mess. Really just short of an amazing performance by Rogers.

3. What an outstanding job by the offense. 24 points in the 1st half. Got to see Ducking do his penguin dance after he caught his TD pass as Rogers set the school TD pass record. We ran a beautiful QB draw with Rogers for an amazing 3 yard gain. Just did a good job of keeping Auburn off balance. KO return for a TD. Drilling their gunner on punt into their bench 5 yards out of bounds.

4. Things were going so well we decided there was no need to make any adjustments at halftime. We good. Go play.

5. We were ready for Auburn's D. We ran the ball 11 times for 44 yards to make sure the clock kept moving. We only gave up 5 sacks against a team averaging 2 per game. We threw the ball 59 times and completed 42 of them. Lots of precision there torching Auburn with 357 yards. Really kept that Auburn front off balance last night.

6. As good as we were offensively- we were even better defensively. 4 sacks. Only allowed 7 completed passes. We had them so one dimensional we knew what was coming on just about every play. We had Crumedy back so we were even meaner in the trenches. We held that famous Will Friend Offense to 256 yards rushing and a miniscule 5.6 yards per carry. Teams just cant score being one-dimensional unable to throw the ball. Well done D.

7. Got to give it up to Leach having us so ready to play against a Cadillac Williams coached team- and a Will Friend coached offense. Auburn defensively played a bunch of 4-2-5 zone D. That's really hard to beat as well. Getting this win against a program like Auburn can really springboard a team to the next level.

8. Got to really like our chances this coming Saturday. We are at home with the big advantage there. Georgia is coming off of big rivalry win so they almost assuredly will be flat. Tennessee had trouble with them in pass pro but I'm sure Leach will dial up some extra protection for Rogers to wreck their secondary. We as State fans will be nothing but excited all week as we await kickoff against the nation's #1 team. I'm buzzing with electricity right now thinking about it.

9. ST's remained special. We only missed 1 FG and that was because of a penalty for being too excited about the kick and moving a little early. Understandable. I was excited too. Our punter was so excited about us running the ball 11 times on offense so he ran the ball also. Please don't let me forget to mention the Tulu return again. We got to do KO Return alot last night and looked good doing it. Also, give Leach credit with calling the kick it off the frontline guy play. Really called it at the correct time. Glad we brought that out when we did.

10. Glad to see LSU take Bama down. Another OT thrilla. Georgia showed they truly are the best team in the country. Freezus got revenge for 4th and 25. SC handled bidness. Dumbo took another L at home. Just a great day of college football. #HailState

DLGDawg
11-06-2022, 12:08 PM
You lost me at medium well***.

Offshore Dawg
11-06-2022, 12:31 PM
In addition to this. That post 34 made took sarcasm too a whole new level.

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 12:46 PM
Think he left off *** on points 2-9.

EdwardDrayton
11-06-2022, 01:29 PM
Me thinks too much Tito’s

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 01:38 PM
Haha

somebodyshotmypaw
11-06-2022, 01:45 PM
Coach34, I love you on this board but you spent the summer promising 10-2 and 9-3. Now are you seeing the 7-5 and 8-4 like I said?

dawgday166
11-06-2022, 01:47 PM

Me too. Can't brag about being a carnivore eating burnt meat ****

msstate7
11-06-2022, 01:48 PM
This is the best Sunday morning qb I've read

Lord McBuckethead
11-06-2022, 02:32 PM
Slow clap. This post is perfection Sir. I love the and completely understand the no need to make any adjustments at halftime part. It is clear as day none were needed on offense.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2022, 02:41 PM
In addition to this. That post 34 made took sarcasm too a whole new level.

I don't think the sarcasm kicked in until after the medium well steaks and pre-packaged burger meat...surprised it wasn't washed down with a nice vintage box of wine.***

Goldendawg
11-06-2022, 02:47 PM
I don't think the sarcasm kicked in until after the medium well steaks and pre-packaged burger meat...surprised it wasn't washed down with a nice vintage box of wine.***

Mad Dog 20/20, TJ Swan Mellow Days/Easy Nights, or Night Train Express, perhaps?**

Coach34
11-06-2022, 02:51 PM

Damnnnnnn. That would have made #1 perfect

parabrave
11-06-2022, 03:05 PM
Mad Dog 20/20, TJ Swan Mellow Days/Easy Nights, or Night Train Express, perhaps?**

Na TUSK made an emergency run last night.

Activated Alpha
11-06-2022, 03:07 PM
There might be a few things wrong with you, but the obvious to us all now is that you cook your steaks to medium well and brag about it. I mean why not just chew on a hockey puck?

DownwardDawg
11-06-2022, 03:10 PM

Yep. Might as well break out the ketchup!
The whole post was awesomeness.

State82
11-06-2022, 04:22 PM
surprised it wasn't washed down with a nice vintage box of wine.***

Hey, hey, easy now! No need to talk dirty!

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-06-2022, 04:34 PM
Coach34, I love you on this board but you spent the summer promising 10-2 and 9-3. Now are you seeing the 7-5 and 8-4 like I said?

Have you not been paying attention? That is his schtick. He did the same thing with Mullen (ie Dan Walsh)and Rick Stansbury (ie StandSbury). He makes unrealistic expectations for the upcoming season and then blasts the coach for not fulfilling it.

Catfish
11-06-2022, 04:59 PM
Have you not been paying attention? That is his schtick. He did the same thing with Mullen (ie Dan Walsh)and Rick Stansbury (ie StandSbury). He makes unrealistic expectations for the upcoming season and then blasts the coach for not fulfilling it.

Yup, you have been paying attention. Rep givenll

Catfish
11-06-2022, 05:00 PM
del

1bigdawg
11-06-2022, 05:44 PM
I honestly thought that with the experience we have across the board that we would be 9-3. The LSU loss is not looking as bad now. The Kentucky loss is looking worse.... We still have a chance at 8-4. Leach needs to beat UM.

Coach34
11-06-2022, 06:53 PM

So it was unrealistic for the team that led the SEC in returning starters with 18 to expect to beat Kentucky and Mississippi this year? Because winning those games would give us 9 wins.

Coach34
11-06-2022, 06:57 PM
There might be a few things wrong with you, but the obvious to us all now is that you cook your steaks to medium well and brag about it. I mean why not just chew on a hockey puck?

I'm sorry you missed all the sarcasm in this week's SMQB

I do not like Dale's, I havent eaten a well done steak since the 1970's, nor do I buy pre-made hamburger patties. I use surgical gloves to form the patties after I doctor up with about 10 herbs and spices.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-06-2022, 07:25 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/cQtlhD48EG0SY/giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47o1p4vuivyetom4telulwlizfvoo x0j51jjs05g3q&rid=giphy.webp&ct=g

memsu06
11-06-2022, 07:57 PM
I'm going to be sure to talk trash about whoever the next coach is, because that's what some of you deserve. You'll never be happy as a fan.

We could be paying $95M to have a losing season with #1 rated recruits but we aren't to that level of bad. How many years are you willing to give the new coach to rebuild the roster?

Some of you can't look past OM with their easy as hell schedule to this point. If OM had our schedule they would have a few more losses.

Mullen went 6-6 in year 3 and some of you want him back.

CadaverDawg
11-06-2022, 08:12 PM
I'm going to be sure to talk trash about whoever the next coach is, because that's what some of you deserve. You'll never be happy as a fan.

We could be paying $95M to have a losing season with #1 rated recruits but we aren't to that level of bad. How many years are you willing to give the new coach to rebuild the roster?

Some of you can't look past OM with their easy as hell schedule to this point. If OM had our schedule they would have a few more losses.

It's not about the record. It's about the way we look. We are not improving. We are a veteran team and we look like dog shit.

BeardoMSU
11-06-2022, 08:15 PM

I do not like Dale's, I havent eaten a well done steak since the 1970's, nor do I buy pre-made hamburger patties. I use surgical gloves to form the patties after I doctor up with about 10 herbs and spices.

No denial of box wine here!****

sandjunky
11-06-2022, 08:40 PM
I think this has been my favorite SMQB to date

Coach34
11-06-2022, 08:52 PM
No denial of box wine here!****

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again.

Activated Alpha
11-06-2022, 10:34 PM

Thank God man. I caught the rest of the sarcasm, but I honestly could see you being the type of guy to ruin a good steak. Glad you eat it rare like God intended

TrapGame
11-06-2022, 10:39 PM
It's not about the record. It's about the way we look. We are not improving. We are a veteran team and we look like dog shit.

This. This right here. After Saturday my opinion has changed greatly.

Really Clark?
11-06-2022, 11:09 PM

Year 3 was also the year when we played teams ranked 1, 2, 5, 9 and 19 with 2 of those games without our starting QB and several games with our starter no where close to 100% and had to come out more than once. Do you think if Will was hurt that much this team would be a 7-5 team? Probably a 4-8 team. Especially having to play that many Top 10 teams.

memsu06
11-07-2022, 12:10 AM

How many Mullen teams looked like complete dog shit and that's after his entire roster was his recruits? I can name several games we got blasted. Let start with the South Alabama game. Also remember getting blown out by Auburn something bad by halftime. 2014 team losing to Ole Miss bad then shitting the bed against GT.

Leach is a proven head coach and I'm willing to let him work it out the way he sees fit. He doesn't like how they played this weekend any more than you do. He's done more with less than most head coaches today. We need a guy like that with the NIL otherwise we have no hope in competing against it. We're a small state and a small school (relative to others in the SEC) sharing in state recruits between 3 division 1 schools.

Historically we aren't a winning program. It's only in the last several years that we've been able to maintain a winning record.

The great 1998 team was 8-5 that year. These days that doesn't get you to the SEC championship game.

The 1999 team went 10-2, but look at some of the scores that year. We weren't exactly blowing people away.

Then the bottom fell out and we entered the Croom years.

You think Chris Parson stays if Leach goes? I want to see what he can do with Leach. If the guy can pass first with accuracy (most running QBs aren't accurate), but run when the play breaks down then that's going to open this offense up.

Coach34
11-07-2022, 05:20 AM
Parson won’t be our QB until 2025 at the earliest. I don’t think he ever plays a snap for Leach

parabrave
11-07-2022, 09:42 AM
Hey 34 did you give Hadad the talking points for todays T&L? You would agree with everything they are saying. So would Cadaver.

Coach34
11-07-2022, 01:14 PM
Hey 34 did you give Hadad the talking points for todays T&L? You would agree with everything they are saying. So would Cadaver.

haha-no. He likely read my posts tho. What's he been saying today?

PMDawg
11-07-2022, 01:56 PM
He likely read my posts tho.

LOL - More sarcasm! You're on a roll today!

WhiskeyPirate
11-07-2022, 02:10 PM
Parson won’t be our QB until 2025 at the earliest. I don’t think he ever plays a snap for Leach

Lol